Youi Car Insurance
4.2 from 5,903 reviews

Difficult

How hard can it be to change an existing policy from one car to my new car. Apparently it's just too hard.
Asked what is a garage and can you describe it. Is your brand new car sitting in the dealers yard damaged. I want comprehensive insurance so do you want cover for other items. Aren't they included in the comprehensive policy? Yes. Then why are you asking me if it's already included? Half an hour to change my existing policy to my new car when it could have been done in a few minutes.

Great customer service

Spoke with a few people who were all equally as polite and cheerful. Which is understandable, they are selling me a product that I will probably never use. Insurance is an evil necessary. However, when I called back a couple of days later to get a better price by increasing my excess, they were really helpful.

Claim MadeNo

Brilliant and service is spot on everytime!!!!! What a team

The policy is clear and concise, explained thoroughly, Love ya work YOUI!!!!Forever a customer, got me for life with what insurances I ever need!!! Friendly happy pleasing service. the A team!

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Car ModelHolden Commodore
Claim MadeNo

Very professional and helpful.

First time getting insurance through Youi, and couldn’t be happier. Abbie was very clear and professional, and made the change over easy. Will be covering all future vehicles with Youi.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer CG/CH (2002-2007)

Not too bad

Good Value, not as easy to get the policy we wanted as AAMI on line quote but Youi almost matched it so went ahead. Didn't want roadside assist as we have a reliable car, so lots of bulking up with things unneeded.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelBMW M3 E92 (Coupe, 2007-2013)

So Happy I Changed!

I was with AAMI for over 20 years and decided it was time to look for a better deal on my home, contents and cars to the point of saving nearly $200 a month with Youi...

Car ModelMazda 3
Book AgainYes

First time youi customer .

First time Youi customer , will certainly check when other policies are due and come up for renewal , their customer service is detailed and very helpful , explaining all details and answering any questions .

Car ModelNissan Pulsar
Book AgainYes

My customer service person (Rianin) was exceptional. Very helpful, very friendly, very informative.

Was a pleasure to sort our insurance with Rianin. She was so helpful, organized, well informed and did her best to get me the best premium possible. She made the experience of getting insurance human.

could do better

did not beat nrma pricing, but still went with you guys anyway, value was still less than nrma, but you should and could do better than them espically for pensioners

Car ModelHyundai Tucson
Book AgainYes

Quick quote, very knowledgeable customer rep, will deal with again

Quick quote, very knowledgeable customer rep Kevin, will deal with again, appreciate the quick response, call back was prompt and detailed, now I'm with youi for ctp and comprehensive insurance, saved $500

Car ModelMazda CX-5

Excellent service

Rang to repair windscreen. We hadn’t paid to reduce excess on this item so was up for $950. Youi offered to reduce excess to $50 if we upped our insurance. Out of pocket $150 in the end. Very reasonable.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Can't get an online quote - they call you without warning

All I wanted was an online quote. Without clearly disclosing the fact ahead of time, they send a pin to your mobile and once you enter it back in to the web page you are told to get ready for a phone call to complete the process. (I did go back to the web site and check. If you hover over the "Start a Quote" button a hint is displayed stating that they will call you. But if you click quickly it is unreadable).

In spite of the fact the agent says it's all about personal service, there was nothing she asked that I could not have entered in a web form. It was more about pushing through the process with reading out blocks of legal jargon in order to get you closer to the point of signing up.

So,
* it took much longer than I was prepared for.
* I had to unexpectedly talk on the phone at an inconvenient time.
* I even got put on hold at the end while the magic number was calculated (by that stage the number was going to have to be really, really good before I switched from my existing insurer)
* The end price was double what I am paying now! I actually laughed out loud when the agent excitedly told me the premium.

The agent seemed nice. It's not her fault. But still, the worst experience trying to get a quote I've had in 30 years of insuring vehicles.

Five minutes later my niece walked through the door. I say I'm writing a bad review of Youi insurance. She says, "Youi? What did you try them for? They are terrible...." Ahhh, a day that started out with so much potential...

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Book AgainNo
We understand a phone call is not for everyone Steve. The idea behind it is to make a connection. We feel, by having a conversation, asking more questions, allowing you to ask us questions, there will be higher chance we’ll meet expectations if there is a claim. Not everyone knows all about insurance & not everyone understands the PDS & how it relates to a claim so we provide that personal service. The premium based on risk, calculated depending on how you answered the questions so if we’re double the premium, it shows that we must be calculating that differently to your current insurer. We’re humans dealing with other humans in an otherwise contactless transaction. By calling we get an opportunity to prove that we’re good people who’ll be able to help if ever it’s needed. In saying that, if we need to change because our market is telling us to, then we will. Thanks for commenting Steve, I completely understand where you’re coming from & I apologise we were intrusive. If you have more to say, have any questions, or if you need my help, my direct line is 0731563531 - Jeremy

Changing my car insurance to Youi was the best decision I made

Youi took the time to go through everything that I needed to know & the transaction was very straight forward.I also save a lot of money by changing over my insurers.

Book AgainYes

I saved $865 a year. I can’t believe it. The sales assistant was just awesome.

The policy is the best car insurance policy I have ever had. The customer representative was just amazing. I am so happy to be with Youi as I am saving $865 a year. That is incredible.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelSuzuki Swift MK6.II (2013-2017)

Three Different Premium Quotes in One Day

I got THREE different renewal premium quotes in ONE day ! This was really confusing as I didn't know what premium I was going to be charged. Although all the people I spoke to at Youi were extremely helpful & polite, I can't help but feel insecure about how they calculate their premium when there were practically no changes from the previous year.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelToyota Yaris XP90.II (2008-2014)
Book AgainYes

Need to take responsibility for their bad drivers

I am not actually insured with YOUI - thankfully but one of their insured on a motorbike ran into me as he was making a turn from a side street now they are not accepting liability for this claim it it my fault. So YOUI when you are travelling on the main thoroughfare thought you had right of way. No wonder your customers all appear to be happy when you refuse to accept any liability for their bad driving. I have been inconvenienced by your driver damaging my car now you won't accept liability. Very poor

Claim MadeNo
Claiming can be tough, especially when it's not your own insurer. It’s a debate that comes up often with insurance claims, as what seems logical, or even lawful, isn't always enough to wholly alleviate one party's liability. Still having said this if you email robynf@youi.com the claim details I’ll look further into it. Robyn.

Excellent service

I was absolutely delighted with the service I received from Alicia from Youi when enquiring about car insurance. She took her time explaining what Youi could offer and ended up selling me a great policy, which was way better than any other quotes I'd received. The information I required was received within the hour and it was easy to read and understand. I couldn't fault Alicia - she went out of her way to help me and to ensure I understood what Youi could offer. I found speaking with her much more informative than just receiving a quote via email.

Overall, a terrific service, particularly from Alicia, and Youi is great value for money.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHyundai ix35 LM.II (2013-2015)
Book AgainYes

Beware of YOUI and the 'real like fake people adverts'!

Beware of YOUI be extremely cautious of optional extras like rental car hire and roadside assist!!! it's a rip off!!

I have a comprehensive Cover, with 24/7 roadside assist & car rental cover.
My car broke down on road, called youi for roadside assist, I was told is not covered, since it is not an accident or battery flat.
I had to get Repco tow service to move my car to the repairer.
Then I called back YOUI to avail car rental, for which I had being paying additional premium, since my car is undrivable and under repair, youi then said it is not covered, once again I as told the car rental is not covered since it's not an accident!!
The roadside assist and car rental options which is over $200 additional that I was paying was for nothing and useless. This is a scam and unethical code of conduct, the advertised line at the time of purchase does not say the what you get to know at the time of emergency! Be very careful with this company called YOUI!! Will never ever recommend Youi to anyone ever!
Have cancelled my policy for this dubious and worst misleading company that rips off people's money.

Car ModelBMW 3 Series

No cheaper.

Checked with youi to save money on car insurance, I’m not sure what criteria they’re after but being over 25 with a clean driving record, I thought I was a good candidate, apparently not. Main stream insurers were cheaper.

Claim MadeNo
While being a more experienced driver with a clean record does hold weight, it’s still a combination of the various risk factors considered. Statistics help us understand; vehicle risk & damages you may cause to property/vehicles, potential storm risk, usage & parking to name a few, so we can price accordingly. With differences between Insurers, we won’t always be the cheapest option, still, we’re confident in the product & services we offer & aim to save where possible. I’m happy to discuss further & we sure are grateful for the feedback. If you’d email me your details, I’ll call. laurenj@youi.com - Lauren

Exceptional customer service. Happy with my insurance

I feel as though my policy is good value. It is higher than what i would pay with someone else but the cover is more and that is the most important part.

Car ModelToyota Kluger