Youi Home and Contents

Youi Home and Contents (page 2 of 51)

4.1 from 1,004 reviews

as always wonderful to deal with

transfer of address a little long winded but we got there and we had a wonderful lady Lisa to help us. Been with Youi for several years now and they always help no matter what the problem is

Claim MadeNo

A fun, fresh and informative way of working out insurance....

They ask more questions, however their policies offer significantly better value compared to other insurers. I have had a motor policy for about 12 months so when it came to moving house we took the opportunity to reevaluate our insurances. Chris was fun, yet professional and he talked to you like a normal person (that was not rigidly tied to a script) and yet there was a process.....so refreshing!! Definitely give these guys a go.....

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim MadeNo

My new policy is exactly what I need and for a good price

The new house and contents policy was good value cf my original one. The process of formulating my new policy did take a few minutes but it was dealt with efficiently and I am clear about all the inclusions and what is covered.

Claim MadeNo

Just saved over $600!!!! Yay!!!

So I never write reviews... clearly I'm pretty happy!! :) Just moved form AAMI to YOUI. I have been with AAMI for 14 years and after the most recent frustrations with AAMI (they overcharged me mistakenly because they insured my postal address vice my actual home address, and then took over 2 months to refund the balance). I decided to give YOUI a call. Very very similar insurance cover for my home, only $600 dollars less. You think my previous insurance company would have looked after me a bit better with premiums given our 14 year history. I still have my car with AAMI though because they are quite competitive in that respect, but I'll call YOUI in a week or so and check. Anyhow... YOUI wrote me (during the phone call!) a personalised currency certificate and I used that to get a full backdated refund from AAMI! Woah!!! - I didn't know that was a thing. I honestly only thought pro-rata refunds were possible... yay!! Winning #actual$600DollarsInMyPocket! Both AAMI and YOUI have their strengths and weakness... In this case Thank you YOUI :) Thank you!!! - Also YOUI phone operator was very intelligent and super fast!

Excellent customer service

The customer service was excellent. I was able to save money on house and contents and also my car insurances. Details of each policy were explained along the way and no question was unanswerable. The whole experience was made so easy by both Matt and Courtney. Thanks guys. Hi

Property TypeVilla

Phenomenally great service!

I saved over $1,400 per year on 2 properties, Neil's was very knowledgeable, personable and accurate - top bloke to chat with and no nonsense.

Really took the time to find out our requirements, why we were switching, was very patient with me whilst I was dealing with a tantrumming toddler - parents get the importance of this.

The service was exceptional that I'm reccomending to all I know.

Highly recommend 10/10

Coverage TypeHome & Contents and Home Only

Great Value

Good follow up from same representative. Not passed from pillar to post. Very helpful. Everything was made clear. Cannot fault the approach by Bella even though well after hours. Found the policy to be great value compared to current Insurer.

Awesome

Just start the policy.It seems very good . Still not set up ,not make any claims so far. Thank you very much for your information and great deals. Have a try first year.
Regards
Tilak

Claim MadeNo

We have all our insurances with Youi

Many years with Youi with no problems, easy enough to deal with, but do your home work & read the fine print on what Youi include and don't include in your policy. Mine was building insurance. I spoke with Shantel and she knew her stuff, she was patient whilst I did a little research, she called me back when she said she would a week later, so cannot complain about the service. Overall very satisfied.

Claim MadeNo

I requested a quote for a new home and contents policy, online. Within two minutes, they were calling me back to discuss this and went through the whole process with me over the phone. Got a competitive price and took out the policy. The lady on the other end was amazing, Lyn

Exceptional

Youi....there is simply no other company which I can say has this exceptional level of customer service, product knowledge and fantastic price. On this particular occasion, I spoke with Josh (and briefly with a few other staff), his manner, service, attitude and product knowledge could not be faulted. When being transferred to other departments, they tell your story and there's no need to keep repeating yourself. It's very refreshing indeed. Four years ago, we had a family tragedy, a complete home loss, Youi even encouraged us to call them anytime we were overwhelmed and they would do everything they could to help, which they did. This company has hit on one of the most important things in business, genuine customer service, they've won us over, completely.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Friendly and totally helpful to my many questions

This contact was to see if I could better the policies of my existing insurer. My contact person may have been in a early learning phase but was very helpful and if in any doubt would query a senior supervisor.
I was able to satisfy all policy questions quickly and clearly. On an equivalent house and contents policy I estimate that I have saved about $400, on an equivalent car policy it was about $700. If any claims service is as of the same standard I will be highly delighted.

Claim MadeNo

2 hours on the phone to get the most expensive quote by a long shot!

My QUOTE experience:
(Careful to compare apples with apples. )

I submitted a significant amount of personal information online to get a quote.

Immediately got a callback. Every detail of our life was handed to the company. 2 HOURS on the phone. Was provided a quote 2.5 times more then the big 4 bank quotes. Huh!?

All this advertising about great premiums. “We get you” etc. They wasted a collective 3 hours of my time to provide the most unreasonable quote we have ever seen. 1 year on. I gave them another go. And recieved a similar experience.

Why we find this quote so unreasonable; we tick all the right boxes for a low risk insurance....

- Having been with a previous insurer (Suncorp) for over 10 years.
- NEVER made any claims
- Own our home
- Fully renovated in prime condition
- Not at any risk of flooding or bush fires
- Extensive crim-safe screens and doors, dead bolts.
- 11 video cameras that all record to the cloud.
- Fully fenced property
- Sensor lights and ring camera sensor lights on every corner.
- No criminal history.
- No break and enters at our home or the ones beside me in the last 20 years (they are both always home and retired).
- No cancellations or denials of insurance.
- No previous claims from any insurer ever.
- Only my wife, Child and I at home.
- One of us is ALWAYS home.
- Most importantly, I nominated a HIGH $2.5k EXCESS for home and $500 contents excess which should also reduce a yearly premium significantly!

I’m not sure “youi gets everyone”. I hope no one else has to go through this experience. Such a shame, and a waste of time!

Claim MadeNo
That’s an unusually long time to complete a quote & then to then have such a high premium, I understand why you gave us such a low score Honest Reviews. Unless you had lots of questions, a single quote should be much, much faster? Underwriting is not an exact science & while all the circumstances you listed would appear to logically help the risk, there’s many more factors that also go into the calculation. Insurance companies calculate risk differently, therefore the premium will be different. For fear of wasting more of your time, I’m keen to understand more about your experience so I wondering if you’d be happy to provide me with some details? My direct line is 0731563531 & my email is jeremyb@youi.com – Thanks for your feedback & I’m sorry we couldn’t win your business – Jeremy

Excellent consultant who knows his products, has genuine care for the advice given

Easy process; knowledgeable consultant who genuinely wants to do right by the customer - not just sell a product. Ensured I was very sure of what was being offered and would meet my needs.

Outstanding customer service

Spoke to a representative from Youi today to organise building insurance, terrific customer service and a very good price as well. Took the maximum excess to keep the premium reasonable as I live in a low risk area for most events, Youi's price was better than other quotes for same coverage. Very pleased with this policy.

Claim MadeNo

Friendly, experienced advice. Easy to understand terms that were explained well. An overall pleasant experience. Would recommend to anyone looking to compare insurance companies. I loned up all our policies. Thanks Youi

Claim MadeNo

Such awesome, friendly service to sort a policy

I feel I got a great policy with Youi. I have recommended them to two friends already and the sales person, Michele Fry, was more than helpful and so friendly. It was actually nice to chat through all the information with her and figure out the best policy for me.

Claim MadeNo

Brilliant service ,saved a fortune, very happy

More coverage with our new policies for far less cost, have saved $1,400 on our home and 2 car policies a HUGE saving am very impressed with the extra coverage we now have, easy to set up, polite friendly staff excellent all round service.

Beyond Expectations

When a large hail storm struck our house it was with trepidation that I lodged my claim. In the past I had received disgraceful service from another insurance company (Budget Direct) and was expecting the same.
Although our insurance claim turned out to be over $100,000 in damage, Youi and their appointed builder LJ Builders were exceptional. Within hours of lodging our claim on the night of the storm, 6 trades people were crawling over our house making sure everything was safe and we were ok.
Within a relatively short time repair work commenced with the roof, walls, windows, electrician and the list goes on. At all times Glen Walker and Matt Daniels from Youi made us feel important and felt more like friends than insurance representatives.
Youi also never skimped and if there was ever a question if the storm or age caused the damage they always favored us and covered the cost. Youi even allowed us to make changes to our house such as where new lights would be installed, changed skylights etc. without fuss.
Overall, the full project has taken 4 months to complete with Christmas in that time, which I think is fantastic.
Well done to Youi, great service and communication.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateOctober 2018

Saved a lot of money

took out 2 new home and contents policies and saved $2500.00 on previous insurer. Very helpful and easy to talk to. I will be telling all my friends to make a call to Youi as you never know unless you ask.

Claim MadeNo

I am moving into a Lifestyle village. Can I get Contents only insurance to $20,000? Trish
I am not a youi consultant. I am a consumer. You will need to contact them direct.Hi Trish, cover is dependent on the profile as a whole. If you’d like to give it a shot, we’d be happy to provide you with a quote, please give us a call on 13 9684.If your contents value is low (around $30k), try AAMI as they have premiums as low as $15 per month. All subject to individual circumstances of course. Cheers.

I live in Maribyrnong. My building has provided parking of cyclists in front of building. My bicycle is Trek Powerfly 5 and is valued at AUD 3700. If I take content insurance as a renter, will bicycle theft be included in the value or do I need to take separate insurance for the bicycle?
I am not a Youi advisor or employee - please contact the insurance companyHi Chirag, there’s optional covers that may assist however for a more personalised response please feel free to give us a call 13 9684. As every claim is based on its own merits, you can check out our full terms & conditions via the Youi website/Home PDS -https://www.youi.com.au/GetPDS?riskType=BUI

Hi I don't know if hail damaged my roof or the building last night and I made a claim so I can get an assessor to check for damage. If there is no damage, can I then cancel the claim?
I believe so but dont be afraid to ask them. With Youi I never thought they were trying to trick my and played it honest from start to finish. Good luck.Hi Esther, thanks for getting in touch. If there's no damage, you can request to have your claim withdrawn. Thanks Michelle.

Similar listings