YourGrocer

Requested to send them a photo of my drivers license

I placed an order with YourGrocer, and then received strange text messages and emails requesting my personal details. This is the text from the sms "... Can you please send me a photo with your drivers license or ID? We'll immediately delete the photo after receiving it". It looked like an online scam. I do not think it is a normal business practice to ask for the personal information to be sent via an unsecured channel.
The company cancelled the order today (as they have not received the ID). I found the whole experience very frustrating. A waste of time.

Hanna B
Hanna BSydney

Lots of small disappointments

I really want to love this service but I just can't. So many of my deliveries have missing items. Once, they told me toilet paper and bread were out of stock at an IGA – really!? It defeats the purpose if I just have to go out to the shops myself to pick up whatever they've missed. I also recently signed up (again) to give them another shot. They claim that the monthly subscription is for "free unlimited delivery" but it turns out that's only for orders over $60. I don't recall that being mentioned anywhere when I signed up for "unlimited delivery" which feels dishonest and exploitative.

Other Supermarkets

Colin Jones
Colin Jonesasked

Why do you continue to charge me membership fee of$16.99 when I no longer use your service Regards Colin Jones

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why not simply contact them directly rather than ask in a review site.

Drew
Drewasked

Hi, I have just been introduced to your grocer. I have had a look at meat prices across the various butchers and find that they are much higher than local supermarkets and significantly higher than ALDI. Im wondering if you have super specials on meat at any time as this is when I might consider buying. Is there a category for specials or an alert service such? Many thanks Andy

YourGrocerYourGrocer

Hi Andy,

Welcome to YourGrocer!

The meat prices from our butchers do vary from ALDI and the big supermarkets. It depends which butcher you purchase from though, we have higher and lower end butchers to chose from. We’d be happy to recommend one to suit your needs, you can reach out on chat or call us on 1300 851 343.

We do have a 'specials' filter in our sidebar under 'Category'. Here there a number of meat specials that are marked in orange print.

All of our specials and prices are up to date on the website although I love your idea about an alert service. I'll pass this suggestion onto our team.

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

Isla

robyn
robynasked

What areas in Nsw do you deliver to??

YourGrocerYourGrocer

Hi there!

Sorry for the late reply! We currently deliver to the following postcodes in Sydney: 2204, 2130, 2049, 2042, 2048, 2044, 2205, 2206 & 2203.
Have a great day!

Get an answer from our members and YourGrocer representatives