Zap Fitness

Zap Fitness (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Gyms in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Zap Fitness? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees

kev
kevGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mislead by gym admin, can't contact Cust Service - they make it impossible for you to cancel

Do not Join ZAP
Do not Join ZAPHobart, TAS

Zap Fitness / Debit Success

Zap and Debit Success are not fair when cancelling memberships. I advised the gym I wanted to cancel my membership and cleared up an outstanding debt. They didn't cancel the kept charging fees. Impossible to get through on phone as they never answer. Went into gym and was told I don't need to do anything else then I get a $250 invoice from a Debt collection company. What a rort.

Elias
Elias

I would rather stable my fingers together, than to deal with Zap again.

Barfin
BarfinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Waste of money

Be aware if you sign up for 12 months, as that doesn't mean anything. It means 52 payments of your rate, plus extra if you try to vary it. I signed up just before COVID started last year, so tried to cancel or defer. Trick is, there is no way to save any money. Cancelling means paying out the contract (or more), deferring means paying an extra $5 a week and then having the deferred weeks added on at the end. I thought my contract was about to end, but they have added the covid shutdown weeks on to the end of it.

Impossible to cancel

My husband and I have been trying to cancel our membership for almost 1 month now and we haven’t got any response. We tried by email, phone and face-to-face. Not recommended.

Absolute Scam - DO NOT SIGN UP!!! - YOU CANT CANCEL.

First time I have left a review on anything but felt obliged too....

As per many others comments you cant call these guys to cancel, they also ignore all emails asking to cancel,

Currently being chased by debt collectors on there behalf despite cancelling 4 times by email.

SHOCKING - SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

Waste of money.

Waste of money, very high cancellation fee, impossible to contact even within their stated business hours. I believe the services offered are not worth paying over $45 a month. Have been locked into a 12 month contract and am disappointed.

Avoid Like the plague

Old Equipment, Predatory sales tactics, had to call my bank to cancel the membership after their "management team" has ignored multiple emails. I usually try and resolve my problems with a business when i have an issue before writing public reviews, but Zap has had me go out of my way to look for a place to leave a review. Steer clear.

They will try to squeeze in excess charges anywhere they can and will make it very difficult to quit

They will continue charging for a month after you try and cancel.
They started the covid fee pause ONE day after they could charge me.
And they are added random fees on top of my final month of weekly payments. My normal fee is $15, last week I payed $38.

Stay far away.

Find out how Zap Fitness compares to other Gyms

They commit credit card fraud, then get debt collectors on to you

Fitzroy S.
Fitzroy S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not have a membership with them!

I enjoyed my gym membership however when the time came to cancel the membership, they are beyond terrible! No matter how many times I have called (waiting over 1.5 hours on the phone per phone call) or emailed them, they will not respond. I want to cancel my membership yet they will not communicate with me and keep deducting their fee. Do not have a membership with them!

AWFUL. greedy incompetent idiots

After being with zap for a long time they changed my contract behind my back and added a massive cancellation fee or a $59 transfer fee to another person, obviously I was going to go with the cheaper option so I posted this on social media and zap will not reply to me or answer the phone to facilitate this. The only time I have spoken to someone they couldn’t give me a straight answer about anything. Their gyms are also very unclean and have poor equipment.

Find out how Zap Fitness compares to other Gyms

Terrible customer service, misleading contract and cancellation policy!

Be careful dealing with Zap! Such an unorganised system is very annoying. They have been billing me after cancelling my membership. I sent them several emails and customer service is not responsive!!!!

Trent
TrentMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pretty good gym

Have been member for 3 years, had my wife and son on memberships they have quit and rejoined several times. I questioned their billing a few times and they explained it and it does make sense. Staffed hours sometimes are not accurate. Web site could be a lot better. Gear and folks i attend with are fine.
Overall pretty happy

Terrible customer service, ridiculous cancellation policy

Less than decent customer service

VictorL
VictorLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible gym. Scam! Alert

I got charged $12.85 out of the blue. Never signed up for Flamington Zap but charged me for subscription fees. Be careful dealing with Zap. Very shocking to see I got charged out of no where. No customer service available. No one will reply to your email

Nik D.
Nik D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great gym!

Great gym! No problems at Richmond, no monies came out during COVID-19, we trained basically for free. Friendly staff, and gym has adequate equipment. Overall we are happy with current arrangements.

Dave
DaveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

CHARGING FOR SERVICES NOT PROVIDED

Sandman
Sandman

Inhospitable

No meet and greet.infact the franchise operator walked past me no eye contact completely ignored. Very poor service. I would give a minus review if it was a choice. Pathetic.

Terrible gym. Deceptive and misleading contracts

Charged people while closed due to COVID. Didn't offer to suspend without fees initially. When they partially reopened they still listed themselves as 24 hour gyms and charged full fees.

Jackson B.
Jackson B.Unincorporated, SA

A terrible first experience for a new gym user

Locked into "12 month contract" after 14 months

I signed up with Zap just over 14 months ago in a 12 month contract. I have recently moved house and there are no Zap gyms near me. All gyms are currently also closed due to COVID. I called to cancel as it's been 12 months, but I was informed that as they have been closed for months my account has been on hold, and so I am still in the '12 month' period and have to pay $200 to cancel my membership... to a gym that's not open... I understand it's a difficult time for the gym, but they did not notify us when they closed that it would affect our contracts in this way or give us any options. So whether I cancel or stay I have to pay for a gym I can't use.

wanted to give zero stars

The worst gym ever. Avoid at all costs. If you have an issue it's endless calls on hold and no resolution. And when you cancel your membership you get chased by debt collectors with endless extra fees. Mongrels.

Awful customer service and misleading with contact hours.

Cancelled the membership and still deducting money and it’s very hard to contact them. Keep saying I’m calling out of business hours whenever I’m trying to contact even though they clearly mention the office hours.