Zenna Mattress

Zenna Mattress Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

Queen, King, Single, etc...
Listing monitored by Zenna

34 questions from our users

Sandra
Sandraasked
Mattress

Hello, could I please check the weight of the Queen sized mattress?

Brett D Mills
Brett D Mills

Can’t tell you the weight in kilos but the staff are very helpful and I’m sure can answer if you call. Mine came rolled up and the package had fabric handles which made it easy to handle. I’m only 5’8” and 74kilos and I lifted it out of my carport carried it into the bedroom and put the package on the bed. It was easy to carefully cut the plastic off and carefully let it unfurl onto the bed. Love the mattress. Got it a few weeks ago and just turned it as instructed.

Hi Sandra, the Zenna Queen weighs 50kilograms

Warm regards

Melissa H.asked
Mattress

Hi can you please tell me how much will the matress puff up from day 1 to 3 dose it get much softer after this time.is this waiting time for a smell to go or for the latex to spring back thanks mel.

Harmony
Harmony

Hi Melissa, I would say it puffs up about a third more straight away as the air comes back into and then just takes a few days to get to its fullest and softest. I rotated mine quite a bit at the start so it would settle evenly.
I didn't get much of a smell at first but it's definitely gone now.
I just bought a single mattress for my daughter after buying mine ;)
Hope that helps.

Melissa H.

So you think it should get a fair bit softer after a few days then.becouse i just had a realy bad night on our new king sisded...so im scarded iv just made a huge mistake trusting all these posative reviews.

Jen

Hi Mel. I like and wanted a firm mattress and was worried it wouldn’t be firm enough. While I love my mattress and am very happy with it, it took a couple of weeks to adjust to it as it was different from what I was used to. I didn’t have a real issue with smell. I hope it works out for you.

Seashellbeagle
Seashellbeagleasked
Mattress King

Can you place it on a traditional mattress base (i.e. one that was bought as an ensemble)?

Kristin
Kristin

They need to breath so best on a slatted base. I used an IKEA esperval.

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi, thanks for the query, yes a traditional ensemble is fine, as long as it is slatted, warm regards, Team Zenna.

john
johnasked
Mattress Double

7 comfort zones naturally adjust to your body providing support where you need it. Flip for a firmer feel.
Why flip can have a firmer feel?

What is the thickness of the latex?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi, thanks for the query, one side of our mattress is about 10% firmer than the other as we use the Natural Dunlop method of manufacture, which is to allow the latex to settle naturally while baking, hence like a loaf of bread it settles a little more on one side than the other, the thickness of the latex block is 18cm's and cover adds 2cm's to make a total of 20cm's.

john
johnasked
Mattress Queen

What is the density of mattress?

Hi, thanks for the enquiry, the density is 80, regards, Team Zenna

Susan
Susanasked
Mattress

You sent me a latex pillow after I posted a review. I really like this pillow and would like to purchase another one. I can’t find them mentioned on your website however. Any help?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Susan, just give us a call and we can do it over the phone.
Regards Team Zenna

Gregory C
Gregory Casked
Mattress Queen

There seems to be a lot of "dancing" around the answers here.. using words like "core" or %Natural etc. so lets ,make this simple shall we?
What is NOT natural in the product, ie apart from the natural "core" what other materials are used, ie is any foam used, is any synthetic material used in either the "core" other parts of the mattress or the cover..
What percentage of the actual mattress = natural?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Gregory, thanks for the question, the core is simply the mattress, one block of 100% Natural Latex no foams no synthetic, no layers.

Rosie
Rosieasked
Mattress King

Hi there, the website says that the Zenna mattress is “certified as 100% natural“ by the Eco Institute. However my understanding is that the Eco Institute tests whether materials meet certain thresholds e.g. for hazardous materials, pollutants and emissions. They don’t test, for example, whether the material is natural or synthetic. I’ve read a few forums which indicate that some customers have previously received mattresses from Zenna that were a blend of natural and synthetic latex so I just wanted to double check before I order. Can you please clarify what the Eco Institute certification means? Do you have any other proof that the mattresses are 100% natural latex?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Rosie, thankyou for the query, the Eco-Institute DEFINITELY tests for any synthetic latex and is the world’s LEADING AUTHORITY on guaranteeing whether it is 100% Natural by testing each latex mattress and passing it as 100% Natural with a certification number reference (as per our certificate) which can be verified,

“100 % Natural Latex Core 1114 — 33337 — 001 11/2018

they would definitely not pass any latex mattress as 100% Natural if it had any synthetic latex, our raw material is 100% Natural latex sap from the rubber tree. They do also test for hazardous materials, pollutants and emissions, note that our supplier is not a small manufacturer in the industry (it is the biggest in the world) , we are also certified by OEKO-TEX CLASS 1 https://www.oeko-tex.com/en/business/certifications_and_services/ots_100/ots_100_product_classes/ots_100_product_classes.xhtml

In 2016 we sold both a blended and 100% natural latex, we soon realised that people only wanted 100% Natural, so in 2016 we discontinued the blend, since 2016 we ONLY sell 100% natural certified latex.
Verification can also be obtained directly with Latexco, the largest and most sophisticated latex factory in the world. Feel free to contact Latexco directly as well to ask about Zenna products. (info@latexco.com).

Warm Regards

idscratch
idscratch

Yes you sold blended BUT you sold them as all natural core latex and did not inform the consumer!!
It was not until I used the code and contacted the manufacturer myself that I discovered I had purchased a blend NOT a natural latex mattress. That was an 80% SYNTHETIC and only 20% organic latex blend. Yes that was in 2016. You are not owning misleading your customers in the past.

Mebourne SE
Mebourne SEasked
Mattress

Bit confused by the description: "Pure European latex core with 100% natural latex... No chalks, no fillers, no chemicals, no metal used...". A few questions: 1) where can I see/touch it? 2) is there any polyester, foam etc in the quilting? 3) the bamboo fabric - what is the non bamboo composition e.g. polyester? 4) apart from 100% natural latex is there anything else in the mattress e.g. synthetic latex? 5) what is the meaning of the word "core" and "with" - why wouldn't you just say :"Pure European 100% natural latex"?, is there a reason? Thanks. Looks interesting and we need to buy one so would consider any answers.

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Thankyou for your enquiry, we will be adding some of this to our FAQ's

1) where can I see/touch it? /Apologies, we are an online only mattress..

2/3) the bamboo fabric - what is the non bamboo composition e.g. polyester? / We are happy you ask and that you are doing your due diligence properly. Many other mattress stores offer a "bamboo" or any natural fabric but actually use literally 3% or less bamboo yarn while still calling it natural. For Zenna, we wanted to make sure that the body is in direct contact with natural yarn only. You can only establish this with a natural yarn content of at least 33%. In our case, we use a knitted fabric of which the composition is 40% BAMBOO. As you may know, a knitted fabric consists of:
• a TOP yarn
• a filling yarn
• a BOTTOM yarn or so called backing.

For the Zenna mattress, Top yarn is 100% Bamboo = the layer that you touch. Part of the filling yarn is also bamboo which brings us to a total of 40% BAMBOO yarn of the complete knitted fabric (3 yarns combined). The backing is polyester yarn for the same reason as we choose the padding: to avoid shrinkage during washing.We opted for this (thin) layer of quilting to make sure the mattress still offers an outstanding micro-climate (= cool sleeping environment) while still ensuring the 10 year washability of the cover. (cold water and no spin).

Our mattress covers are certified by OEKO-TEX® CLASS 1, passed suitable for babies and children.

4) apart from 100% natural latex is there anything else in the mattress e.g. synthetic latex? / We do not use any synthetic latex
. The raw material is 100% natural latex.
Note that our supplier is not a small manufacturer in the industry (it is the biggest in the world) and they have certificates to back up this 100% natural latex claim. They offer, for example, the OEKOTEX CLASS 1 certificate as well. What this means can be found here:

5) what is the meaning of the word "core" and "with" - why wouldn't you just say :"Pure European 100% natural latex"?, is there a reason? The CORE simply means the latex block that is inside the mattress cover. Thank you for highlighting this. We are working on the website on a daily basis to make sure we are as correct and transparent as possible about our products. So allow us to confirm the following again: our product is a 100% natural latex mattress, 100% made in Europe.

Mebourne SE
Mebourne SEasked
Mattress King Single

Hi. Is this Dunlop, Talalay or some other process - can you clarify please.

Hi, yes, it is the Dunlop process, regards Team Zenna

Jenasked
Mattress King

Is the mattress suitable for a slat based bed? How often should the mattress br flipped or rotated or both? I'm interested in both a king and a king single.

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Jen, definitely suitable for a slat based bed, latex is the one mattress you can put on anything as unlike man made substances, it does not lose it's shape being rubber, the mattress should be rotated every 3 months in the 1st year as it does it's settling in the 1st year and then doesn't change after that, some people choose to sleep only on one side and then rotate 180 degrees, but you can definitely flip and rotate for a longer life.

Kim W.

Yes, I would think so. I have my king size mattress on a base built for twin extra long single mattresses. The base has adjustable slats & is head & foot height adjustable as well. Seems to be going great, as I hoped. Not sure about the rotating as I did not find any instructions about that, but I will do so every now & then & see how it goes.

Nik Kiasked
Mattress Queen

I've slept on the mattress 3-4 weeks now, I am single and only slept on one side... today I layed on the other side and it is much different (higher, firmer)... the side I use is softer with slight body impression, my hips and butt sink further into the side I've used. I am 5ft 1 and 54kg. Is this a normal part of wearing in? Im worried I may have received a defective mattress. TIA, regards Nikki

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Nikki, latex does settle/soften a little in the 1st 3 months and then stops there, this is why we rotate more in the 1st year, latex loses the least in height and firmness of all mattress types, but if you think it is a problem, please contact us and we will gladly exchange it, the mattress should never be defective, it is a sophisticated automated manufacture run by computers which continually check density, consistency and there is thorough quality control.

Regards Team Zenna

Nik Ki

I received a phone call yesterday and it was explained to me about needing to be turned to wear in. This being my first latex mattress I thought they just "bounced back" every time, and as there was nothing mentioned on the website about rotating/turning I assumed it wasn't necessary. The side I have slept on is more comfortable (softer) than the other, so if it stays this way I'll be happy, my concern was it was going to cave in, but apparently not :)

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Nikki, thanks for that, we have been selling this latex core since 2007 with no issues, so we have the utmost confidence in the Zenna, after my 30 years in the bedding industry 100% Natural latex is the one product to perform consistently in comfort, health and longevity, as we discussed, latex always feels "crisper" when it arrives and then softens a little in the 1st 3 months and then doesn't change, it will NOT sag, but if there is anything you are unhappy about please contact us and we will gladly sort it out.

Lauren
Laurenasked
Mattress Single

How thick is this mattress? Can't find dimensions on the website.

Hi Lauren, it is 20cm's thick, regards, Team Zenna

Kim W.

Looks to be nominally 20 cm or 8 inches.

Tess
Tessasked
Mattress King

Can you put it on a adjustable bed frame?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi, thanks for the question, definitely, in fact it is the best mattress to put on an adjustable bed because it is rubber it will keep it's shape regardless, also all the other health properties being a natural product.

Get an answer from our members and Zenna representatives

Zenna Mattress