Zodiac CX20

Zodiac CX20

MPN: NAI-ZO-RO-CX20-WR053

3.3

• Pool Size

Bought 2 units and had issues every year for 4 years!

When I purchased my initial unit it worked great and my pool was always spotless. After 12 months I had issues and sent it back under warranty to be repaired. It worked fine for another 12 months and then failed but this time it wasnt under warranty and I made the decision to buy another so I had spare parts. 12 months from the new purchase and I had issues again and sent it back for repair under warranty. It was fixed and again it failed 12 months later a few weeks out of warranty. I'm not sure what the issues were but there is obviously something wrong with these units that fail almost exactly 12 months from start-up. I wont be buying anymore of these units as its been an expensive and painful process!

Purchased in October 2018 for A$875.00.

Kokodarick

KokodarickSydney, NSW

Cx20 review after 3 years

Hi. I purchased two of these units (one for mother in law) just over 3 years ago. I have had to return both to zodiac for different kind of repairs of which zodiac did after some initial hassle. Now both our just out of warranty and both are having various issues but basically are not doing the job (clean pool). The problem is they get stuck in corners or wont climb walls and I have to run about 3 cycles to get an 80% clean. One pool is pebblecrete and the other glass tile (of which zodiac warns against so I found out later).

Honestly I wouldnt recommend this unit as its inconsistent, doesnt quite work right and the after sales service is painful.

Purchased in December 2016 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for A$899.00.

DatumIT

DatumITSydney, NSW

Zodiac CX20 12 months old Dead

Cheap plastic gears wore out after 12 months. Replaced for $100
Control unit now dead.
When it was working, tracks would come off and it would never clean whole pool.
Machine has probably been used for 200 hours total.
Total waste of money and time, do not buy.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$1,400.00.

Pool Size Small

Need Help?

Need Help?Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Would be Perfect if it collected fine dust

I have had the pool cleaner for 9 months and it Covers the walls and floors well collects everything except the really fine dust. I have the 200micron filter, but from the reviews I don’t think the 100micron filter would be any better for me.
It would score 5/5 if it collected the fine dust. In future I would get a cleaner that did this too.

Purchased in December 2019 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for A$1,150.00.

Grant

GrantNorthern Region, NSW

Rubbish don’t buy one

I have owned my zodiac for 2.5 years and it has failed 4 times! It works great, when it works. It has been repaired 3 times under warranty. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone, very disappointed.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$1,000.00.

Jackson E.South East Queensland, QLD

Failed just out of warranty

Failed after 2.5 years, fault with floating cable $270 to fix. Otherwise it covered the whole pool, scrubbed the waterline and picked up fine sand (100um filter) purchased, leaves and small twigs. Larger twigs and sticks would get stuck in the throat.

Purchased in July 2017 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$1,000.00.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Hi Jackson, have you spoken to us yet? Please feel free to email me at productsupport.au@fluidra.com and I will put connect you with the team to see if we can help in any way. Thanks!

Chris T

Chris TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not buy this product. Designed to fail once out of warranty.

Stopped working 3 years after purchase due to poor components. Buyer Beware. Works well when it works, but repair quote is exhorbitant. In my opinion, built to fail just out of warranty. What a waste!

Purchased for A$1,000.00.

Scott W.

Scott W.Illawarra, NSW

Worth every cent

I have had the Zodiac CX20 for just over two years, It does exactly what it is suppose to do, I have large gum trees nearby that drop it's leaves, sticks and nuts into the pool, the CX20 makes short work of it.

I recently had the drive motor stop working, the machine was just out of warranty, however, the Zodiac team were fantastic, they replaced the motor and installed a new cable as a goodwill gesture. The Zodiac team organised a courier and it was picked up the next day and back to me within a week, great effort and very much appreciated.

I cannot fault the Zodiac after sales service, yes I would definitely buy another Zodiac product.

Purchased in November 2018.

Tony Russell

Tony RussellSouth East Queensland, QLD

$880 to replace the motor block and install a new cable after 2.5 years

I have had my CX20 for nearly 3 years. It has served me very well however it recently it stopped moving. I contacted Zodiac but as it was out of warranty I was advised to contact a repairer for an assessment. I got a quote back saying it would cost $880 to replace the motor block and install a new cable. The unit cost $1100 to purchase so very disappointed it didn’t last longer than 2.5 years. I did not get it repaired and am now in the market for a new robotic pool cleaner and it won’t be a Zodiac

Purchased in December 2017 for A$1,100.00.

Find out how Zodiac CX20 compares to other Robotic Pool Cleaners

A terrible Experience! Poorly made product that has barely ever worked with no customer service at all!! Buyer beware!

Purchased in February 2017 at Direct Pool Supplies.

Hi Nic,

Terribly sorry to hear of your experience. If you paste this review into an email and send it to productsupport.au@fluidra.com I'll be in touch right away to allocate your case and see how we can help. Thanks!

KuailanSydney, NSW

Rubbish product. I have own this for 2 years now. Definitely not the worth the price tag. Always have issues.

It works well on leaves or bigger debris, not sand or small particles even you have the optional 100 micron cartridge. The worst part of this device especially considering the price is the cabling. Get tangled often and impact how the robot clean.

Purchased in December 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$800.00.

Hi Kuailan,

It sounds like you may have had a faulty unit. Could you please paste this review into an email and send it to productsupport.au@fluidra.com? I will make sure our Customer Service team contacts you. Thanks!

GregMac

GregMacNorth Queensland, QLD

Great Machine when it is working!

We have had our Zodiac for 3 years. Initial cost was $1099. But it has been the disgusting cost of never ending repairs that makes this machine a lemon! Within 14 months (Yes 8 weeks out of warranty) the cable that connects it to the control goes - $300! Last week the wheels stopped turning - we are not even told by the "authorised Zodiac dealer" what was wrong they just went ahead and put in a new motor - $500.

It has spent more time being repaired than in the pool!

When I saw one on Ebay for $98???

Don't like them or there doggy dealers!

Purchased in September 2015 for A$1,099.00.

Matt N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Machine was good, Product warranty and Support is bad

Purchased in October 2016 for A$800.00.

Matt N.

Hi - what is the point of emailing again. i spent 6 months going backwards and forwards with your support team and supposed "Platinum Partner" - your team washed their hands of any responsibility to the product.

Hi Matt,

Is your cleaner still in need of repairs? If so, I can ask a team member directly to contact you to see what we can do.

Dion

DionPerth, WA

Parts

Loved our cx20 however the fact that when things go wrong with the unit parts are soo expensive. The motor has gone on ours and will cost over $700 to repair when the unit only cost us $800 new. Also do not like that Zodiac have now only made this unit available online at a premium price where there is limited warranty.

Purchased in January 2018 for A$800.00.

willlotto

willlottoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Better than cleaners that cost four times the amount, but fragile.

Purchased in October 2016 for A$845.00.

Fixit

FixitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cable Fault CX20

I recently had a problem with our CX20 and I’m sharing how I fixed it. It would only operate in one direction and when it went to go the other way it would stop and a red indicator light in the control box would flash slowly. This started out as an intermittent problem. I totally dismantled the robot. After testing the cable with a multimeter I found a fault with a short between two of the terminals. Which made sense as the cable has three wires, one an earth in the middle and the other two power/signal for forward and reverse. Replaced cable and up and going again. Hope this helps.

Purchased in April 2014.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

We are sorry to hear that you have had a problem with one of our products but are glad you fixed it. Please email us at productsupport.au@fluidra.com if you have any other issues.

pete w

pete wGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Great and The not so Great

I have had my CX20 for approx 16 months and had intended to review it earlier as it had been magnificent. We have a large Gum tree which is close to our pool so the cleaner worked overtime with twigs gum nuts and of course leaves and until about 2 weeks ago it had not missed a beat then it just stopped moving. I contacted Daniel at Zodiac who was super efficient in having it picked up and taken for repairs. Got it back a few days ago after a new motor block was installed under warranty and its back to normal. It does many people have had the same issue with this model so i guess i was lucky it was in the warranty period.

Purchased in September 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$1,099.00.

Bodil

BodilBrisbane

Disappointing outcome with CX20

Purchased in December 2016 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store.

Broke down twice

Purchased in November 2016 for A$1,200.00.

U T.
U T.

DpekSydney, NSW

Better options out there

I've had the same problems as some people on here have reported. The cleaner just stops, error flashing on the control unit. Do everything as the manual says to do (troubleshooting) still to no avail.
Rang Zodiac and they told me they do no handle customers and to seek your local pool/service centre. What a waste of time.
You'd think that the company would care about its product and its customer base in regards to fixing problems. They don't.
On top of that, their website fails to locate a local dealer (within the Sydney region). Which they say to go to and locate, terrible.

Purchased in February 2016 for A$1,100.00.

Dpek

My issue has never been sorted out and I find it harder to find someone dealing with zodiac in general. I will email and let’s see what happens.

Email sent on Tuesday 28th January 2020. Let's wait and see