Zodiac CX20

Zodiac CX20

MPN: NAI-ZO-RO-CX20-WR053

boxallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worked very very well at first....

Was a ripper of a unit for 3.5 years and then it just stopped. Cleaned very well and got to most parts of the pool. Just hope I can get it going again.

DM sent to Zodiac as it should last more than 3.5 years.

Purchased in May 2016 for $900.00.

No response from Zodiac.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, We have called and left a message for you, Thanks.

Rubber Track Coming off

Have had this robot since 2017, overall satisfied with performance. Recently one of the rubber tracks has been coming off every time I run the robot. Zodiac, what is the solution? Please advise.

Purchased in January 2017.

2yrs and 9 months until death

Worked very well (Not counting throwing track, maybe x 3 total) until now does the well described stopping after 1-2 minutes. Probably the motor block. Been treated reasonably well. Im neutral on whether this constitutes value or not but wanted others to know what to expect. 2 yrs 9 months or so.

Purchased for $900.00.

Stopped working after 2.5 years

My CX20 has developed a fault in the last couple of days. It works for a couple of minutes and then stops with the error light flashing.
Zodiac have already repaired the unit once due to it going in circles. Not sure what to do as I don't want an expensive repair for a unit that is out of warranty and isn't even 3 years old.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Paul. sorry to hear of these issues. May I ask if you have contacted our Customer Care team?

Jason

JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stopped working after 2 years.

I was very happy with the performance of the cleaner, when it was working. Then after the warranty period expired it started cutting out and only working sometimes, eventually it stopped all together. I would have expected it to last at least 5 years for the price.

Purchased in January 2017.

Brian R.

Brian R.Gippsland, VIC

Brilliant in the beginning BUT

Darren

DarrenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do Not buy a Zodiac!

Bought my CX20 Jan2017, stopped working just after 1 year (vacuum worked but stopped moving) sent it back to Zodiac for repair under warranty, their cost) all good. 2 and a bit years after purchase the thing stops again, runs for a minute then the fault light comes on and starts to flash, robot dead in the water. Of course it is now out of warranty. Email Zodiac 4 times, no reply, tried to call them no return call. So I get on their website and find out that they have a repairer listed close to me. I call them and they tell me that they cannot get through to Zodiac most of the time. Anyway, drop off the robot at the repairer today 30/10/19, lets see what comes out of this.
I repeat, DO NOT BUY A ZODIAC ROBOT!

Purchased in January 2017 at eBay for $900.00.

PaulSydney, NSW

Constantly stops, doesn't clean, electrical design flaws, poor service

Machine never really cleaned well - even with the higher grade micro filter leaves fine dust.
Then stops repeatedly. Needs to have electrical plugs cleaned constantly else will stop and flash.
Finally pins in plugs corroded. Can't get any satisfaction from pool shop or zodiac to fix.
Looking to have electrician mod with a marine grade plug.
Zodiac woman said they don't speak to the public on their customer service line- seriously.
Never ever ever buy zodiac

Purchased in December 2016 for $800.00.

Excellent after sales service from Zodiac NZ

Bought on 31st March 2016 and developed a fault well outside the warranty period. After discussion with the NZ Zodiac Manager the problem was resolved to our total satisfaction. Couldn't have asked for a better solution. Highly recommended

Purchased for $1,400.00.

ReviewedhonestlyMurray Region, NSW

Listen to others and me. Stay clear of this product. It does not meet expectations

Was great through its first summer use. Now doing a winter clean it's going 1 direction only. Won't go up the wall and won't change direction. Just sits in the corner running in the same spot. It's clean and tracks are working. Still under warranty so hopefully it's fixed. I'm extremely disappointed in this product playing up so soon especially when I read others reviews but continued with my purchase stupidly. My advice is stay clear of this product and listen to others advice like I should have. So Zodiac I look fwd to hear how you will rectify my situation

Purchased in October 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for $1,100.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for the update. May I ask what state you are located? Please note that many times that people do posts reviews, we are yet to speak to them first and are able to resolve the issue when we do. Thanks.

Catherine L

Catherine LPerth, WA

works ok, but died again

The cx20 was great initially, however we had to send it for warranty repairs when it stopped working entirely. At that time we also advised the tracks kept coming off during use. The machine was returned and worked, however the tracks weren't replaced and kept coming off. The unit broke again on the weekend - no power to the control box at all. It is now out of warranty so now we will be up for buying a new control box and hoping that is the issue, but if it isn't, we will be stuck with the cost of a new machine. I bought it in November 2016 and hoped it would last longer than it has, considering the high cost of the unit. I won't buy another zodiac.

Purchased in November 2016 for $900.00.

Pool Size Small
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Catherine. Sorry to hear that have had these issues. We would be happy to try and assist you to get your Unit up and running. Please advise if you would like to take us up on this offer, Thanks.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Catherine, Just following up on your Service Call? Thanks!

CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

AVOID THIS MACHINE

Was a good machine but then It died just after warranty. I spent $400+ dollars and a $99 fee to a “supplier” to have it fixed only to die 6 months later and be told their repairs are only guaranteed to last 3 months. This machine was not used excessively I would have expected more from something for this price.

Purchased in September 2016 at Waterama for $1,500.00.

Craig

Thanks Zodiac - your responses were timely but in this instance I didn’t believe me having to pay my original provider another $99 to find out what is wrong with this machine was the best option for me.

Jon

JonSydney, NSW

Great cleaner that breaks quickly

We brought this cleaner back in January 2016 and it worked perfectly for fourteen months and then the info light came on and it wouldn't do anything. We returned it to Zodiac and they fixed it under warranty. The light came on again last week and when I phoned Zodiac they said that the repair was Over a year ago and so was was not covered by them. I would expect a product that costs $1000 plus, and is used only twice a week in the Sydney swimming season to last a bit longer than just over three years. If only Dyson made pool cleaners!!

Purchased in January 2016 for $1,050.00.

bert g

bert gHunter Region, NSW

So far, So good

Only early days but the Zodiac CX20 is working as intended. Cleans pool thoroughly in about 2 hours. Climbs walls and steps comfortably. The unit is easy to clean, maintain and operate. Would recommend at this stage.

Purchased in April 2019 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $1,100.00.

Nathan

NathanNorth Queensland, QLD

poor service from zodiac, lead times and warranty work not good

Purchased in April 2017.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Nathan, sorry for these issues and delays. Can you please send us your contact details either via DM on Product Review or Inbox on our Facebook page, Thanks.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Nathan. The Warranty Agent notified us that they had contacted you to pick up your Repaired cleaner, Hopefully this is now up and running for you. Thanks.

Sal T

Sal TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad experience with zodiac aftersales

Purchased in December 2016 for $1,099.00.

Josh

JoshSydney, NSW

Keeps breaking down

I have the zodiac CX20 - bought in September 2016
Broke down and needed to be repaired in Jan 2018.
Now needs to be repaired again as has the same fault.

The fault is that I start the pool cleaner and it will start for a couple of seconds then stop with the error light flashing.

Seems to only last just over 12 months and needs repair - I have emailed apac.technicalsupport for assistance again.

UPDATE
Called Zodiac - they repaired it for me.. Service was quite good. Anyone with issues i recommend call the 1300 number ...

Purchased in September 2016.

Exero

ExeroSydney, NSW

Tracks come off on edges of pool steps, does not clean into rounded corners.

Tracks come off on sharp step edged. Does not clean rounded corners. It also has trouble covering a thorough clean pattern.

Purchased in December 2017.

Wall and Step Cleaning

Just out of warranty and it is now broken :(

Purchased the CX20 Oct 2016 and it worked perfectly well. Very pleased with it but not until yesterday we tried to use it and it goes for a bit then suddenly stop, then it seems it is trying to move until after a few minutes it goes again for a few seconds then stops again. I hope zodiac can help us out with this as it is just outside the warranty period and we can't afford another 1k at the moment.

Purchased in October 2016.

Steve_N

Steve_NMelbourne

Just out of warranty and its broken! :(

Had this unit for 3 years, the first two seasons it worked well and now when it's turned on it runs for 10 seconds and stops!! Of course it is now out of warranty!! Considering it was nearly $1k you would think it would last a lot longer than it has.. Very disappointed, I hope Zodiac can help!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Paul Williams

Paul Williamsasked

Is there a reason why the tracks just come off and is there a fix.
I have had my cx20 pool cleaner for 2 years now. After one year one of the tracks kept coming off so I purchased a new one but unfortunately the track keeps on coming off regularly.

Crystal F.

Crystal F.asked

My Zodiac Cx20 will only drive in one direction. Any tips on what could be wrong and how I might be able to fix it? This is its second summer of use. Was working fine at the end of last summer and was stored for the winter. I have tried calling Zodiac but obviously they are not open on weekends.

Balwant S.

Balwant S.asked

CX20 has stopped working tried to contact zodiac no answer left message to call back no response. With the reviews with no responses from Zodiac looks like some thing that needs to be looked at by Fair Trading commission. I have read all the reviews and all CX20 seems to have the same Issue . PLease contact me on )413707093

Nik

Sadly you are one of the many (like myself) clients that purchased a reputable brand, which sadly suffers with NO custoer service.
Like you I have changed motor, now am skeptical about paying another $300 to change the control box - and need someone to say "test it like this" or offer something to get us all out of this predicament.

After calling this week, leaving callback numbers, then emailing, have now allowed 7 days before I go to the CTTT to ask them to investigate how Zodiac are allowed to operate in this manner ,in contravention of Australian consumer law.

Thanks,
Nik

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives