Zodiac CX20

2.3

• Pool Size
Ridgeback

RidgebackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Failed soon as the warranty expired

Just like everybody else, I got about 2.5 years out of this pool cleaner. When it was working it was great, however a fault in the motor rendered it unusable. Contacted Zodiac support who told me there was nothing they could do, gave me the number of a registered service centre who quoted at least $800 to repair, which is nearly what I paid for the machine.
I would avoid if you are considering this.

Purchased in March 2016 for A$869.00.

Kokodarick

KokodarickSydney, NSW

Cx20 review after 3 years

Hi. I purchased two of these units (one for mother in law) just over 3 years ago. I have had to return both to zodiac for different kind of repairs of which zodiac did after some initial hassle. Now both our just out of warranty and both are having various issues but basically are not doing the job (clean pool). The problem is they get stuck in corners or wont climb walls and I have to run about 3 cycles to get an 80% clean. One pool is pebblecrete and the other glass tile (of which zodiac warns against so I found out later).

Honestly I wouldnt recommend this unit as its inconsistent, doesnt quite work right and the after sales service is painful.

Purchased in December 2016 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for A$899.00.

Need Help?

Need Help?Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Would be Perfect if it collected fine dust

I have had the pool cleaner for 9 months and it Covers the walls and floors well collects everything except the really fine dust. I have the 200micron filter, but from the reviews I don’t think the 100micron filter would be any better for me.
It would score 5/5 if it collected the fine dust. In future I would get a cleaner that did this too.

Purchased in December 2019 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for A$1,150.00.

Grant

GrantNorthern Region, NSW

Rubbish don’t buy one

I have owned my zodiac for 2.5 years and it has failed 4 times! It works great, when it works. It has been repaired 3 times under warranty. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone, very disappointed.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$1,000.00.

Jackson E.South East Queensland, QLD

Failed just out of warranty

Failed after 2.5 years, fault with floating cable $270 to fix. Otherwise it covered the whole pool, scrubbed the waterline and picked up fine sand (100um filter) purchased, leaves and small twigs. Larger twigs and sticks would get stuck in the throat.

Purchased in July 2017 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$1,000.00.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Hi Jackson, have you spoken to us yet? Please feel free to email me at productsupport.au@fluidra.com and I will put connect you with the team to see if we can help in any way. Thanks!

Scott W.

Scott W.Illawarra, NSW

Worth every cent

I have had the Zodiac CX20 for just over two years, It does exactly what it is suppose to do, I have large gum trees nearby that drop it's leaves, sticks and nuts into the pool, the CX20 makes short work of it.

I recently had the drive motor stop working, the machine was just out of warranty, however, the Zodiac team were fantastic, they replaced the motor and installed a new cable as a goodwill gesture. The Zodiac team organised a courier and it was picked up the next day and back to me within a week, great effort and very much appreciated.

I cannot fault the Zodiac after sales service, yes I would definitely buy another Zodiac product.

Purchased in November 2018.

Tony Russell

Tony RussellSouth East Queensland, QLD

$880 to replace the motor block and install a new cable after 2.5 years

I have had my CX20 for nearly 3 years. It has served me very well however it recently it stopped moving. I contacted Zodiac but as it was out of warranty I was advised to contact a repairer for an assessment. I got a quote back saying it would cost $880 to replace the motor block and install a new cable. The unit cost $1100 to purchase so very disappointed it didn’t last longer than 2.5 years. I did not get it repaired and am now in the market for a new robotic pool cleaner and it won’t be a Zodiac

Purchased in December 2017 for A$1,100.00.

KuailanSydney, NSW

Rubbish product. I have own this for 2 years now. Definitely not the worth the price tag. Always have issues.

It works well on leaves or bigger debris, not sand or small particles even you have the optional 100 micron cartridge. The worst part of this device especially considering the price is the cabling. Get tangled often and impact how the robot clean.

Purchased in December 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$800.00.

Hi Kuailan,

It sounds like you may have had a faulty unit. Could you please paste this review into an email and send it to productsupport.au@fluidra.com? I will make sure our Customer Service team contacts you. Thanks!

GregMac

GregMacNorth Queensland, QLD

Great Machine when it is working!

We have had our Zodiac for 3 years. Initial cost was $1099. But it has been the disgusting cost of never ending repairs that makes this machine a lemon! Within 14 months (Yes 8 weeks out of warranty) the cable that connects it to the control goes - $300! Last week the wheels stopped turning - we are not even told by the "authorised Zodiac dealer" what was wrong they just went ahead and put in a new motor - $500.

It has spent more time being repaired than in the pool!

When I saw one on Ebay for $98???

Don't like them or there doggy dealers!

Purchased in September 2015 for A$1,099.00.

Fixit

FixitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cable Fault CX20

I recently had a problem with our CX20 and I’m sharing how I fixed it. It would only operate in one direction and when it went to go the other way it would stop and a red indicator light in the control box would flash slowly. This started out as an intermittent problem. I totally dismantled the robot. After testing the cable with a multimeter I found a fault with a short between two of the terminals. Which made sense as the cable has three wires, one an earth in the middle and the other two power/signal for forward and reverse. Replaced cable and up and going again. Hope this helps.

Purchased in April 2014.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

We are sorry to hear that you have had a problem with one of our products but are glad you fixed it. Please email us at productsupport.au@fluidra.com if you have any other issues.

pete w

pete wGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Great and The not so Great

I have had my CX20 for approx 16 months and had intended to review it earlier as it had been magnificent. We have a large Gum tree which is close to our pool so the cleaner worked overtime with twigs gum nuts and of course leaves and until about 2 weeks ago it had not missed a beat then it just stopped moving. I contacted Daniel at Zodiac who was super efficient in having it picked up and taken for repairs. Got it back a few days ago after a new motor block was installed under warranty and its back to normal. It does many people have had the same issue with this model so i guess i was lucky it was in the warranty period.

Purchased in September 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$1,099.00.

Bodil

BodilBrisbane

Disappointing outcome with CX20

Purchased in December 2016 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store.

Broke down twice

Purchased in November 2016 for A$1,200.00.

U T.
U T.

boxallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worked very very well at first....

Was a ripper of a unit for 3.5 years and then it just stopped. Cleaned very well and got to most parts of the pool. Just hope I can get it going again.

DM sent to Zodiac as it should last more than 3.5 years.

Purchased in May 2016 for A$900.00.

No response from Zodiac.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, We have called and left a message for you, Thanks.

2yrs and 9 months until death

Worked very well (Not counting throwing track, maybe x 3 total) until now does the well described stopping after 1-2 minutes. Probably the motor block. Been treated reasonably well. Im neutral on whether this constitutes value or not but wanted others to know what to expect. 2 yrs 9 months or so.

Purchased for A$900.00.

Jason

JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stopped working after 2 years.

I was very happy with the performance of the cleaner, when it was working. Then after the warranty period expired it started cutting out and only working sometimes, eventually it stopped all together. I would have expected it to last at least 5 years for the price.

Purchased in January 2017.

Darren

DarrenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do Not buy a Zodiac!

Bought my CX20 Jan2017, stopped working just after 1 year (vacuum worked but stopped moving) sent it back to Zodiac for repair under warranty, their cost) all good. 2 and a bit years after purchase the thing stops again, runs for a minute then the fault light comes on and starts to flash, robot dead in the water. Of course it is now out of warranty. Email Zodiac 4 times, no reply, tried to call them no return call. So I get on their website and find out that they have a repairer listed close to me. I call them and they tell me that they cannot get through to Zodiac most of the time. Anyway, drop off the robot at the repairer today 30/10/19, lets see what comes out of this.
I repeat, DO NOT BUY A ZODIAC ROBOT!

Purchased in January 2017 at eBay for A$900.00.

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Constantly stops, doesn't clean, electrical design flaws, poor service

Machine never really cleaned well - even with the higher grade micro filter leaves fine dust.
Then stops repeatedly. Needs to have electrical plugs cleaned constantly else will stop and flash.
Finally pins in plugs corroded. Can't get any satisfaction from pool shop or zodiac to fix.
Looking to have electrician mod with a marine grade plug.
Zodiac woman said they don't speak to the public on their customer service line- seriously.
Never ever ever buy zodiac

Purchased in December 2016 for A$800.00.

Excellent after sales service from Zodiac NZ

Bought on 31st March 2016 and developed a fault well outside the warranty period. After discussion with the NZ Zodiac Manager the problem was resolved to our total satisfaction. Couldn't have asked for a better solution. Highly recommended

Purchased for A$1,400.00.

Reviewedhonestly

ReviewedhonestlyMurray Region, NSW

Listen to others and me. Stay clear of this product. It does not meet expectations

Was great through its first summer use. Now doing a winter clean it's going 1 direction only. Won't go up the wall and won't change direction. Just sits in the corner running in the same spot. It's clean and tracks are working. Still under warranty so hopefully it's fixed. I'm extremely disappointed in this product playing up so soon especially when I read others reviews but continued with my purchase stupidly. My advice is stay clear of this product and listen to others advice like I should have. So Zodiac I look fwd to hear how you will rectify my situation

Purchased in October 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$1,100.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for the update. May I ask what state you are located? Please note that many times that people do posts reviews, we are yet to speak to them first and are able to resolve the issue when we do. Thanks.