Zodiac CX20

Zodiac CX20 (page 2 of 8)

MPN: NAI-ZO-RO-CX20-WR053

3.3

• Pool Size
pete w

pete wGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Great and The not so Great

I have had my CX20 for approx 16 months and had intended to review it earlier as it had been magnificent. We have a large Gum tree which is close to our pool so the cleaner worked overtime with twigs gum nuts and of course leaves and until about 2 weeks ago it had not missed a beat then it just stopped moving. I contacted Daniel at Zodiac who was super efficient in having it picked up and taken for repairs. Got it back a few days ago after a new motor block was installed under warranty and its back to normal. It does many people have had the same issue with this model so i guess i was lucky it was in the warranty period.

Purchased in September 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$1,099.00.

Bodil

BodilBrisbane

Disappointing outcome with CX20

Purchased in December 2016 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store.

Broke down twice

Purchased in November 2016 for A$1,200.00.

U T.
U T.

DpekSydney, NSW

Better options out there

I've had the same problems as some people on here have reported. The cleaner just stops, error flashing on the control unit. Do everything as the manual says to do (troubleshooting) still to no avail.
Rang Zodiac and they told me they do no handle customers and to seek your local pool/service centre. What a waste of time.
You'd think that the company would care about its product and its customer base in regards to fixing problems. They don't.
On top of that, their website fails to locate a local dealer (within the Sydney region). Which they say to go to and locate, terrible.

Purchased in February 2016 for A$1,100.00.

Dpek

My issue has never been sorted out and I find it harder to find someone dealing with zodiac in general. I will email and let’s see what happens.

Email sent on Tuesday 28th January 2020. Let's wait and see

boxallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worked very very well at first....

Was a ripper of a unit for 3.5 years and then it just stopped. Cleaned very well and got to most parts of the pool. Just hope I can get it going again.

DM sent to Zodiac as it should last more than 3.5 years.

Purchased in May 2016 for A$900.00.

No response from Zodiac.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, We have called and left a message for you, Thanks.

Rubber Track Coming off

Have had this robot since 2017, overall satisfied with performance. Recently one of the rubber tracks has been coming off every time I run the robot. Zodiac, what is the solution? Please advise.

Purchased in January 2017.

2yrs and 9 months until death

Worked very well (Not counting throwing track, maybe x 3 total) until now does the well described stopping after 1-2 minutes. Probably the motor block. Been treated reasonably well. Im neutral on whether this constitutes value or not but wanted others to know what to expect. 2 yrs 9 months or so.

Purchased for A$900.00.

Stopped working after 2.5 years

My CX20 has developed a fault in the last couple of days. It works for a couple of minutes and then stops with the error light flashing.
Zodiac have already repaired the unit once due to it going in circles. Not sure what to do as I don't want an expensive repair for a unit that is out of warranty and isn't even 3 years old.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Paul. sorry to hear of these issues. May I ask if you have contacted our Customer Care team?

Jason

JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stopped working after 2 years.

I was very happy with the performance of the cleaner, when it was working. Then after the warranty period expired it started cutting out and only working sometimes, eventually it stopped all together. I would have expected it to last at least 5 years for the price.

Purchased in January 2017.

Brian R.

Brian R.Gippsland, VIC

Brilliant in the beginning BUT

Darren

DarrenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do Not buy a Zodiac!

Bought my CX20 Jan2017, stopped working just after 1 year (vacuum worked but stopped moving) sent it back to Zodiac for repair under warranty, their cost) all good. 2 and a bit years after purchase the thing stops again, runs for a minute then the fault light comes on and starts to flash, robot dead in the water. Of course it is now out of warranty. Email Zodiac 4 times, no reply, tried to call them no return call. So I get on their website and find out that they have a repairer listed close to me. I call them and they tell me that they cannot get through to Zodiac most of the time. Anyway, drop off the robot at the repairer today 30/10/19, lets see what comes out of this.
I repeat, DO NOT BUY A ZODIAC ROBOT!

Purchased in January 2017 at eBay for A$900.00.

PaulSydney, NSW

Constantly stops, doesn't clean, electrical design flaws, poor service

Machine never really cleaned well - even with the higher grade micro filter leaves fine dust.
Then stops repeatedly. Needs to have electrical plugs cleaned constantly else will stop and flash.
Finally pins in plugs corroded. Can't get any satisfaction from pool shop or zodiac to fix.
Looking to have electrician mod with a marine grade plug.
Zodiac woman said they don't speak to the public on their customer service line- seriously.
Never ever ever buy zodiac

Purchased in December 2016 for A$800.00.

Excellent after sales service from Zodiac NZ

Bought on 31st March 2016 and developed a fault well outside the warranty period. After discussion with the NZ Zodiac Manager the problem was resolved to our total satisfaction. Couldn't have asked for a better solution. Highly recommended

Purchased for A$1,400.00.

Reviewedhonestly

ReviewedhonestlyMurray Region, NSW

Listen to others and me. Stay clear of this product. It does not meet expectations

Was great through its first summer use. Now doing a winter clean it's going 1 direction only. Won't go up the wall and won't change direction. Just sits in the corner running in the same spot. It's clean and tracks are working. Still under warranty so hopefully it's fixed. I'm extremely disappointed in this product playing up so soon especially when I read others reviews but continued with my purchase stupidly. My advice is stay clear of this product and listen to others advice like I should have. So Zodiac I look fwd to hear how you will rectify my situation

Purchased in October 2018 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Online store for A$1,100.00.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for the update. May I ask what state you are located? Please note that many times that people do posts reviews, we are yet to speak to them first and are able to resolve the issue when we do. Thanks.

Catherine L

Catherine LPerth, WA

works ok, but died again

The cx20 was great initially, however we had to send it for warranty repairs when it stopped working entirely. At that time we also advised the tracks kept coming off during use. The machine was returned and worked, however the tracks weren't replaced and kept coming off. The unit broke again on the weekend - no power to the control box at all. It is now out of warranty so now we will be up for buying a new control box and hoping that is the issue, but if it isn't, we will be stuck with the cost of a new machine. I bought it in November 2016 and hoped it would last longer than it has, considering the high cost of the unit. I won't buy another zodiac.

Purchased in November 2016 for A$900.00.

Pool Size Small
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Catherine. Sorry to hear that have had these issues. We would be happy to try and assist you to get your Unit up and running. Please advise if you would like to take us up on this offer, Thanks.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Catherine, Just following up on your Service Call? Thanks!

CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

AVOID THIS MACHINE

Was a good machine but then It died just after warranty. I spent $400+ dollars and a $99 fee to a “supplier” to have it fixed only to die 6 months later and be told their repairs are only guaranteed to last 3 months. This machine was not used excessively I would have expected more from something for this price.

Purchased in September 2016 at Waterama for A$1,500.00.

Craig

Thanks Zodiac - your responses were timely but in this instance I didn’t believe me having to pay my original provider another $99 to find out what is wrong with this machine was the best option for me.

Jon

JonSydney, NSW

Great cleaner that breaks quickly

We brought this cleaner back in January 2016 and it worked perfectly for fourteen months and then the info light came on and it wouldn't do anything. We returned it to Zodiac and they fixed it under warranty. The light came on again last week and when I phoned Zodiac they said that the repair was Over a year ago and so was was not covered by them. I would expect a product that costs $1000 plus, and is used only twice a week in the Sydney swimming season to last a bit longer than just over three years. If only Dyson made pool cleaners!!

Purchased in January 2016 for A$1,050.00.

bert g

bert gHunter Region, NSW

So far, So good

Only early days but the Zodiac CX20 is working as intended. Cleans pool thoroughly in about 2 hours. Climbs walls and steps comfortably. The unit is easy to clean, maintain and operate. Would recommend at this stage.

Purchased in April 2019 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for A$1,100.00.

Nathan

NathanNorth Queensland, QLD

poor service from zodiac, lead times and warranty work not good

Purchased in April 2017.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Nathan, sorry for these issues and delays. Can you please send us your contact details either via DM on Product Review or Inbox on our Facebook page, Thanks.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Nathan. The Warranty Agent notified us that they had contacted you to pick up your Repaired cleaner, Hopefully this is now up and running for you. Thanks.

Sal T

Sal TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad experience with zodiac aftersales

Purchased in December 2016 for A$1,099.00.