Zodiac CX20

Zodiac CX20 (page 3 of 8)

MPN: NAI-ZO-RO-CX20-WR053

3.3

• Pool Size
Josh

JoshSydney, NSW

Keeps breaking down

I have the zodiac CX20 - bought in September 2016
Broke down and needed to be repaired in Jan 2018.
Now needs to be repaired again as has the same fault.

The fault is that I start the pool cleaner and it will start for a couple of seconds then stop with the error light flashing.

Seems to only last just over 12 months and needs repair - I have emailed apac.technicalsupport for assistance again.

UPDATE
Called Zodiac - they repaired it for me.. Service was quite good. Anyone with issues i recommend call the 1300 number ...

Exero

ExeroSydney, NSW

Tracks come off on edges of pool steps, does not clean into rounded corners.

Tracks come off on sharp step edged. Does not clean rounded corners. It also has trouble covering a thorough clean pattern.

Just out of warranty and it is now broken :(

Purchased the CX20 Oct 2016 and it worked perfectly well. Very pleased with it but not until yesterday we tried to use it and it goes for a bit then suddenly stop, then it seems it is trying to move until after a few minutes it goes again for a few seconds then stops again. I hope zodiac can help us out with this as it is just outside the warranty period and we can't afford another 1k at the moment.

Steve_N

Steve_NMelbourne

Just out of warranty and its broken! :(

Had this unit for 3 years, the first two seasons it worked well and now when it's turned on it runs for 10 seconds and stops!! Of course it is now out of warranty!! Considering it was nearly $1k you would think it would last a lot longer than it has.. Very disappointed, I hope Zodiac can help!

Date PurchasedDec 2015
whaley

whaleyworongary

Top Notch Customer support from Zodiac

We have had our CX20 for nearly three years now. First two years fantastic, best cleaner we have had. We had an issue with flashing control box 1 month prior to 2 yr warranty end. Returned the unit to Zodiac and they repaired and returned within a week. Just one year later (last week) we had a second issue with the flashing controller box. The unit was just 12 months since its last repair. Rang Zodiac support (all be it the wait was long) the team organised a repair agent to visit our house. He came, repaired the unit and now back to working like a charm. Cant speak highly enough of the level of service and the no issues approach to just in or just out of warranty these guys take.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! Happy Swimming.

ChristinePerth, WA

Not working and getting runaround

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Christine, Sorry to hear about these issues. Looks like we have given you some wrong information and for that we are sorry. Can you please call us on 1300 763 021 or send us on a message on Facebook (inbox) and we will get back in touch. Thanks.

Christine

Happy update! Zodiac have repaired/replaced the unit at no charge and now I have a working pool cleaner again. Very happy with Zodiac's customer service! Thank you :)

Great Cleaner

I’ve only been using this cleaner for a few weeks but very impressed to date. I purchased the optional 100 micron filter basket as our pool is more prone to fine dust rather than larger twigs and leaf litter. Does a great job and very easy to empty and clean.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Mick, Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Vic DHobart

Very disappointing

Worked well but only just out of warranty and stopped working ( as live in Tasmania it prob has only been used 6-9months in total). Contacted company by phone found the team member quite dismissive and rude. Took to local pool shop as advised and has been told by zodiac it is discontinued and no parts available to fix motor. Very disappointed

Waiting for reply

Rob Brisbane

Rob BrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worthy of review... which I never do

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Rob. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

cath

cathadelaide

Useless for fine dirt

Cheap, easy to clean filter ok job on larger debris completely useless for fine dirt blows straight back into pool through filter mesh. Bought the extra fine filter for fine dust exactly the same. Was told by seller I should have bought a different cleaner. Now stuck with a pool that's either cloudy from stirred up dust or bottom covered in fine silt. Never had a single issue with our old Admiral cleaner wish I had bought another Admiral.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Pool monkey

Pool monkeyKallaroo

works well but only a 2 year lifespan

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Thank you for your review. Sorry you have had these issues. If we can offer any help, please contact our Call Centre on 1300 763 021, Thanks.

PeterMelbourne

Broke Down

Purchased in May 2016 (winter in Melbourne so did not really use for 4-5 months). The unit has dad minimal use and started playing up when used again in October 2018. Began to only clean 3/4 of the pool and now the motor has died. Cost around $1,000 to purchase and have been advised the repair will cost (with shipping) over $700. Very disappointed with the machine and service from Zodiac.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Peter, Sorry that you had these experience regarding your Pool Cleaner. May I ask if you spoke with us directly? Thanks.

Peter

Yes. I was advised to take it to the local pool shop which looks after Zodiac. And was advised by both Zodiac Rep and Pool Shop that there was nothing that could be done as it was out of Warranty

Sher

SherCanberra

It's ok but for $1000 you expect more

I've used the unit only a dozen times so far and not completely happy with it. As others have noted on this forum it does not pick up fine dust. I got round that problem by floccing and vacuuming to waste. Maybe this is a limitation of all cleaners??

When it cleans it doesn't do all the areas. It does do a good job of climbing up the walls but when going in a straight line it does veer off to the right.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Steve SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worked for 2.5 years then needs a new motor $650 repair

Zodiac CX20 robotic pool cleaner worked well since purchasing it in Nov 2016 but it has now stopped. Warranty only 2 years so bad luck I guess. I paid $1050 for it. When you spend over $1000 for a pool cleaner it should last more than 2.5 years. The repair cost $650 new motor block, estimate means it is not viable. If I bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner and it broke after 2.5years and paid $1000 I would be as equally disappointed. I have had my Dyson for over 10 years.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Steve, May we ask that you contact us directly regarding this? If you could send a DM on our Facebook page or through Product Review? Thanks.

Steve S

Thanks for the reply. I'll DM you.

Steve S

Zodiac have contacted me and we are trying to work through the issue at this stage.

NotNibbling

NotNibblingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great after sales support!!

Bought a CX20 just under 2 years ago. Works perfectly. According to installation instructions the external controller box needs to be protected from the weather. We thought ours was protected from the weather, but some very heavy rainfall, and a blocked water drain, caused our controller box to be flooded with water and to stop working. Took the controller (water still leaking out of it) to Redlands Poolman in Alexandra Hills Qld. They sent it to Zodiac who repaired it for free, without question (even though the damage was my fault). Total cost to me was $20 for transporting the controller to and from Redlands Poolman.

Super impressed with both Zodiac and their agent network!!! Big thumbs up to Zodiac and to Redlands Poolman!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

rolandSouth East Queensland, QLD

A few months out of warranty unit has failed

The Zodiac CX20 robotic pool cleaner has worked extremely well since purchasing it in 2016 but it has now failed some 6 months beyond warranty period and the supplier has refused any claim or even any assistance towards a replacement. The cleaner runs in forward direction but not in reverse. When you spend over $1000 for a pool cleaner I expected it to last for many years. The repair cost estimate means it is not viable and suggest I purchase a new one. This being the case I feel I need to seriously consider other makes.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Roland. May I ask if you have contacted Zodiac directly or your place of purchase. Thanks.

Hi
I have contacted both the supplier and Zodiac directly and obtained the same response. Thanks
Roland Smith

WPHSteven

WPHStevenSydney, NSW

Still within the 2 year 'honeymoon period' but it has been a good purchase

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for your review. Really appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback, Happy Swimming!

CHRIS GPerth, WA

Was awesome now really disappointed

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Chris, sorry to hear that you are having these issues. We can most certainly help you sort these. Could you please inbox your details so we can get this up and running straight away. Thanks!

CHRIS G

Have sent an email to your APAC email address with my phone number

CHRIS G

Wondering when Zodiac are going to get in touch? Clearly received my email address as ironically I received a customer service survey via email, but no response to my email detailing the above issues....waiting and hopeful of a resolution.

Ray

RayEschol Park

Very disappointing service from Zodiac

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Ray. Please accept our apologies for the experience you have received.
I have sent you a DM to get your contact details so we can rectify this issues and discuss what has happened. Thanks.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Ray, I have called and left a message on your Mobile, Thanks.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for your callback, I have now left a message for you. Thanks.

KatrinaDubbo

Rip off

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Katrina

I'm not sure how many people know what micron dust is?I know I don't. I do think most people would think that general dust in a pool would be picked up.