Zodiac Cyclonic Leaf Catcher

Zodiac Cyclonic Leaf Catcher Questions & Answers

andrewd19699
andrewd19699

Hi - is the lid meant to be a bit lose when locked - it does not feel air tight

Remco

I presume you mean "water tight" as the join is below water level. I've had ours for two years and it works perfectly even if the seal is not absolutely perfect. The catcher is the best on the market by far in my experience.

Kevin G
Kevin G

Hi There, Have recently purchased a Baracuda T5 Due and a Cyclonic Leaf Catcher. The Leaf Catcher always sits nearly horizontally in the pool and am reading that it should be vertical. How do I achieve this, it doesn't get air into it and appears to work ok as 'consumes' leaves when picked up by the Baracuda?

Remco

This going onto its side can only happen if the hose allows it to turn especially if a segmented one. So keep it as close to the skimmer box as possible (to reduce the links). Otherwise perhaps there is a misfit of the catcher and the hose in which case you might instead of replacing the hose, consider using some electrical tape on the join to build it up.
Mine has worked flawlessly for several years and with two pool hoses. Brilliant failproof design imho.

Macnivison
Macnivison

How can I connect the Zodiac pool catcher to 'The Pool Cleaner'?

Richard W.
Richard W.

I have one of these cyclonic leaf catchers. And I have it set up on the hose closet to the skimmer housing, I’ve also had it set up at various points on the hose to try to keep the Catcher submerged. As the pool skimmer moves around my pool. I have an issue with the leaf Catcher getting to the surface and filling with air. Is there anything I can do?

Remco

I have set mine up to be 30-40cm cm from the skimmer box. It is important to set it up to be vertical and with tight joints in the hose coupling towards the skimmer box (using tape if needed). It is by that impossible to take in air. If you set it up further away, or with loose joints, I found it can turn and allow part of the seal of the catcher to break the surface and take in air.
I found it far superior to the other inline filter I once used. It never fails and easy to empty without letting air into the line.

Michael S.
Michael S.

I have had a constant problem with the canister flipping over, causing air to flow to the pump. I had to remove my mx6 and canaster and go back to a hayward. Solutions?

Remco

This looks like your hoses are not connected correctly as the cannister cannot flip independent of the hoses. Adapters are available.
I would suggest you keep the cannister close to the skimmer box so to reduce risk of the hoses turning. The problem lies with the hoses including the coupling, not the cannister.

Keren P.

Hi, is the diaphragm at the bottom of the canister available?
Seems a shame to throw out the whole unit for what appears to be a cheap rubber part.
Thankyou

Keren P.

All good, I bought some big rubber washers from Bunnings (plumbing section) and used 3mm stainless bolts,nuts. Worked a treat and under $10.

PAE
PAE

Why does the zodiac cyclonic leaf catcher spin and churn up debris to make it finer, when I want it to catch the finest particles to make my job easier?

Pam
Pam

I have the cyclonic leaf catcher. It works well with one exception. It is extremely hard to open the container to empty the leaves out. I am a woman who is not a body builder. The last time I cleaned the cyclonic, I had a hard time opening the cannister. Today when I tried to open it, I could not get it open. TThe top will not move. Help!

Zodiac   DM

Hi Pam thanks for your inquiry. Here is a video that shows us opening the leaf catcher. external link

If you need further assistance, we can be reached at the live chat located on this page during 9am-5pm Mon to Fri: external link

Regards,
Fluidra Case Management Team

Lori N
Lori N

The water is spinning in the leaf catcher but the barracuda ranger won’t move?

Kev
Kev

The vacuum head may have a piece of debris stuck in the throat of the vacuum cleaner. Its called a diaphragm cassette...you can google it to see what it looks like.

Annika Field
Annika Field

Is this a fully automated device or does it require me to use it like a vacuum?

scotty
scotty

great product does an excellent job my only problem is the hose gets tangled round it

Ali B
Ali B

will this work with the g3?

Zodiac   DM

Hi, Yes you are able to use a Leaf catcher on the G3, Thanks!

Rhonda
Rhonda

Does it need Lube around the lid? Mine seems to be sucking air.

Zodiac   DM

Hi Rhonda, You can try some Lube to see if this helps. You need to ensure that the leaf Catcher is completely below water level. Please call us on 1300 763 021 if you need further help. Thanks.

Brad
Brad

The hose for the barracuda gets caught between the leaf catcher and the wall. Also the barracuda gets stuck on the leaf catcher. Any ideas?

Andy
Andy

I have a different type of cleaner that only goes partway up the wall so this is not a problem. I would remove the leaf cleaner, and only use it when you will be around to keep an eye on it.

Zodiac   DM

Hi Brad. Please give us a call on 1300 763 021, we can talk this through with you, Thanks.

Jerry
Jerry

I love the leaf catcher but find that it can be really difficult to unscrew the tops for cleaning the canister out. Any suggestions on making this easier ???

Zodiac   DM

Hi Jerry. If you can call our Customer Care team on 1300 763 021 we can try and assist you over the phone? Thanks.

ChrisO
ChrisO

I had this problem too but have reduced it considerably by making sure that the surfaces that seal the top to the main body of the canister are well-coated with waterproof plumbers lubricant (the grease that plumbers use to lubricate o-rings).

Bo
Bo

I have a Hayward Navigator and the hose that came with that cleaner. This hose is the "slide push in" sections and not insert twist and lock like it appears to be for this leaf catcher.

Will the hose adapters that come with the leaf catcher fit onto my hayward hose?

Thanks.

Zodiac   DM

Hi Bo, You would need to contact Hayward to see what Cleaners/attachments work with their Cleaners. We don't carry that information, Thanks!

Edwin Y
Edwin Y

I have the Pentair Pool Shark Cleaner and bought the Zodiac Cyclonic Leaf Catcher but the hoses wouldn't fit. What can I do?

gnmaier
gnmaier

Hi, Please call us on 1300 763 021 and mention that you were asked to call on Product Review, we can help you from there. Thanks.

Mermaid Deb

Edwin you can get adaptors so that any hose will fit the leafeater. Take your hose and the leafeater to any pool shop and they will be able to supply hose adaptor that right for you.

Zodiac   DM

Hi Edwin, Thank you for contacting us. If you should require help in the future, please call us. Thanks.

TC80
TC80

Has anyone install a finer mesh to catch really small objects?

Mermaid Deb

The Zodiac Cyclonic Leaf Catcher is great for catching the leaves and I put a fine skimmer sock in the skimmer basket to catch the fine stuff.....Our pool looks great and hardly have to do anything to it...

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives