Zodiac FloPro e3 Pool Pump

Zodiac FloPro e3 Pool Pump

See the Best Pool Pumps in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Zodiac

Chris B.
Chris B.South East Queensland, QLD

garbage product no support and no warrntys

we have had our pool for under 4 years
first 6 months zodiac clorinator stopped (fixed under warranty)
16 months zodiac pool cleaner stopped working we replaced at our own cost
20 months top seal on zodiac cartage filter leaked (we replaced at our cost figured general wear and tear)
3 year and 6 months zodiac flo pro pool pump stopped working and we are told $1400 for a new one

Purchased in August 2017 at naralin pools for $4,000.00.

Tom B
Tom BSouth East Queensland, QLD

3.5 years old and pump has failed

It worked fine initially but now the motor has failed after 3.5 years so just outside of warranty. Quoted $1300 repair cost so definitely not worth repairing if I'm likely only to get another few years out of it. For an expensive product I would expect it to last much longer than this.

David S.Southwest, VIC

Zodiac WE3000 Variable speed Motor

My Pool pump stopped working after 3 1/2 years from being new. It seems that the electronic speed control unit is the fault. I have tried to source a replacement part for this however the speed controller cant be purchased separate from the motor.
This is very annoying, 1600 bucks for a replacement motor!!! The motor seems fine, just the crappy electronics controller is all that is needed, very disappointing.
Cant even get a non variable speed drive to mount to the existing pump body! Bloody useless and will never buy one of these again!!

DeanPerth, WA

Not working after 3 months. Poor warranty service

Installed 17 November 2020
Stopped working in under 3 months
Warranty claim lodged. Due to lack of technicians cant come out for nearly 3 weeks. Pool is green after 3 weeks and can’t use
Today 25 Feb 2021 the day before they are due to turn up for warranty inspection, get a text message saying they have to reschedule as no parts available
Poor product. Even worse warranty service

Purchased in November 2020 for $899.00.

AN# SA-9572
Now 6 weeks and not resolved

ZodiacQueensland

Lasted 3 years and 3month for a $1350 pump

Pump ran 4 hours a day lasted 3 years and 3 months bearings went but cannot replace bearings at this stage wouldn't buy anotheŕ.
Thought I was purchasing a quality product but this doesn't seem to be the chase.
Very disappointed wouldn't recommend.

Purchased in April 2017 for $1,350.00.

Sergio D.
Sergio D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zodiac FloPro E pump - unreliable

I purchased the Zodiac FloPro e-pump in Dec 2013. It was replaced twice during warranty period and now that it’s out of warranty it won’t work again.
Very good warranty service but terrible unreliable product. I would not buy another Zodiac pump.

Purchased in December 2013 for $1,200.00.

Motor seized after 4 years

The pumps motor seized after 4 years. Very disappointed as I thought I had purchased a quality product. Pump was a right off so I will now be staying away from this brand.

Purchased in January 2015.

Nickolas G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Did the job well for only 5 and a half years, then it died.

"Control Board is blown up, not worth repairing" is the verdict from repairer. (they don't sell pumps, only fix them, so an honest appraisal), They said most variable pumps don't last.

Purchased in November 2013 for $1,200.00.

Nickolas G.

The Davey pump it replaced did over 20 years.

Good Service at the end

Had the Flo pro e3 for three years worked efficiently had some major problems all of a sudden initial contact with distributor and Zodiac was a bit noncommittal but possibly my impatience was the problem it was xmas and i suppose they had a few customers to sort through however at the end all parties came through and exceeded my expectations in repairing my pump

Date PurchasedSept 2015
Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for your 5 star review! Happy Swimming.

Find out how Zodiac FloPro e3 Pool Pump compares to other Pool Pumps

Price reflects its quality - poor.

Purchased this pump and worked well for the time it was on. However 2-3 years later the electronics of the unit turn on but the motor does not kick in. Sent it off for assessment and was told the more was gone. This product may be cheaper than waterco and the likes but i had a hurlcon pump last me 12 years. This cheap product only lasted me a few years. Spend more and buy anything but zodiac.

Head office didn't want to even touch this or assist a warranty claim or price of a new motor.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Ant. Sorry to hear of your issues. We sell our products through our Zodiac dealers which is why we are unable to give you a price on parts or products.

These products are the worst ever would not recommend

Have pump clhorinator put in 3 half years ago pump seized, now chlorinator not working. Bought new celk and still nothing my advice stay away from Zodiac products. They are not worth the money would not buy their products again.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Customer C.Zodiac

Sorry to hear of these issues. If you would like to discuss these matters with our Customer Care team, please call us on 1300 763 021, Thanks.

Other Pool Pumps

Terrible customer service over broken chlorinater

Our chlorinated broke 2 weeks before the warranty. Zodiac were quick to offer to send a replacement part however when I requested a technician instead was told I would have to wait two weeks so I booked an appointment in.
Technician never showed and Zodiac after being chased multiple times say they can’t control their employees and that the technician won’t answer his phone or emails. I got told it was my fault for not installing the parts myself.
Odd they accept employees not doing their job as the norm. She said what would you have me do fly to Brisbane and sort this out for you. Maybe escalating this to management would be a more appropriate response. Will not replace with Zodiac again simply for poor customer service.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Brooke. I am really sorry to hear about your experience. This is certainly not our practice even though you have been advised otherwise. May I please get your details either by Dm or Inbox via our Facebook page and we can sort this out.

DanPerth

for the money im not impressed - 2 replacements

Looks great, runs quiet most of the time, new complete pool setup - all zodiac, easy to clean however,

Second pump in 4 months, first one had a faulty controller and lost connection to the pump, second pump trips my house out every three days "roughly" and stops running til I realise again. I work away so this is highly inconvenient having a dirty pool every two weeks. Wont switch over from prime to run mode. Also have no flow error every start up. Customer service could have been more professional on the phone. Overall disappointing and I hope Zodiac come to the party,
Unable to give arrival time for technician and unable to even say morning or afternoon.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Dan, I have left a message on your Voicemail with the details you required, Thanks!

Dan

Thankyou for your time to reply however I have not given my mobile number ! I understand faults happen. Hopefully issue can be rectified. Thanks. feel free to PM me.

Dobbo
DobboSouth East Queensland, QLD

Installation is critical!

Came with pool package (POOLFAB) all zodiac equipment..
Installng technician set up everything perfectly .
Explained ongoing maintenance and good pool hygiene practices.
He calibrated Magnapool ph monitoring device .. everything spot on ..
Runs very quietly.. have solar panels only filter and clean when the sun shines !
Couldn’t be happier!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Thanks for the 2 star review Dobbo, Happy Swimming!

I would have given 5.

My new Flo Pro e 3 pump is getting good results but a question I have put to you 3 times via website indicated emails remains unanswered! Whatever suggested steps I take some air remains at the top of the filter cylinder.
It does not appear to effect the efficiency of the filtration but occasional squirts of bubbles through the pool inlet jets are irritating. This never happened with my previous pump! Is this normal/acceptable? Otherwise I would give it 5!

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Tom
Tomasked

Hi, I know some pumps can’t be programmed by hydroxinator
Is a 1 hp e3 one of those because I’m having trouble setting the timers to turn pump on and off

Hi Tom,
The E3 pump can be programmed with the Hydroxinator. If your having a problem with the settings our business Aquamech Services Pty Ltd can repair it for you. Give us a call on 3067 7956. Were located at 15 Pound Street, Dutton Park.
Kind regards,
Electrical Technician
Aquamech Services Pty Ltd

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your inquiry.
You are correct, the E3 1.0HP is not designed to communicate directly to the E 3 1.0HP model. The timers need to be set in the Hydroxinator. Under programming in the Hydroxinator set the scheduled timers for the pump to operate. Set the speed on the E3 pump to ECO or Cleaner speeds and whenever the Hydroxinator turns on the E3 pump will prime for 3 minutes and then go to the selected set speed you have selected.

If you need further assistance, we can be reached at the live chat located on this page during 9am-5pm Mon to Fri: https://www.zodiac.com.au/contactus

Zodiac & Astral Pool/Fluidra Support

Mike Jenkinasked

the pump body/basket runs dry after a few seconds of turning on the pump.
the water level is to the top and the lid is screwed on tight.
the pool water level is adequate to keep water entering from the pool.

this happened 2 months ago and the technician fixed the problem in a minute during torrential rainfall and I didn't spend long enough in the rain to see what he did.

any suggestions..Mike.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please check for debris build up in the skimmer basket. This can cause reduced flow to the pump. Check for debris build up in the hair and lint basket of the pump. Remove and check the basket for any signs of damage or splitting. Ensure that the hair and lint basket is sitting correctly in the pump as the lid may not close and cause air to enter the system. Next you should check the water level in the pool, ensure it has not fallen below the skimmer box as this will prevent circulation. Also clean the O Ring of the lid and reseat it back properly. greasing the O-ring is also recommended with HydroSlip. If the O Ring looks damaged (cuts, excessively out of shape, deteriorating), make sure it is replaced. Check all connections to ensure they are tight and no leaks are present. . If damaged, make sure it is replaced. Wash thread on both sides of fitting with fresh water and refit.

If you need further assistance, we can be reached at the live chat located on this page during 9am-5pm Mon to Fri: https://www.zodiac.com.au/service-my-product

Zodiac & Astral Pool/Fluidra Support

Mike Jenkin

Thank you so much. All that is helpful and will be checked.

I managed to solve the problem simply by topping up the pool level. There was about 25mm above the level of the top of the skimmer basket and I had thought that would be enough, and it was while the pool was running but once I turned off the pump, then on again the air lock just kept preventing normal pump function.

All's well now. Thank you for this service.

Mike Jenkin.

Fluidra AustraliaZodiac

Hi Mike happy to assist! We're glad that it's all sorted now :)

Katrina D.
Katrina D.asked

Is a reset to pool pump available , after error flashes upon turning on . Thkx

HI Katrina,

We may need a bit more information to assist you, however try removing power completely to the pump for 5 minutes to let the capacitors completely drain, then reconnect power. This should reset the under voltage protection that is in place to protect the internal electronics. If the problem persists, please reach out to us.

Fluidra Case Management Team

See all Zodiac FloPro e3 Pool Pump questions

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives