Zodiac MX6

Zodiac MX6 (page 2 of 5)

MPN: NAI-ZO-RO-MX6-WC215

This product and company are awful

The cleaner gets stuck on ridge such as steps and a ridge around the bottom drain. If it isn’t stuck on something and only the back portion portion of the machine touches the pool bottom. When it does this is runs to the end of the hose sits there until it is moved. Do not waste your money on this. I emailed the company and never heard back. Customer service is non existent.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Louis

LouisCape Town

Rubbish

Absolute rubbish from the day of purchase it didn't work correctly. Sometimes it would act like its on steroids other days it will only run for 2 minutes then stop dead took it back 5 times they kept changing parts and it kept doing the same thing. After struggling with it for over a year with the same problem i just through it in the shed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

DaveTownsville

Great pool cleaner.

Have had the MX6 for nearly 4 years in a pebble crete pool. Has given no dramas except climbs pool wall and sucks air. Is due for an overhaul after a lot Drama free use,I recommend.
Was thinking of the MX8 for another larger pool ,though have read more bad reports than good ones , might stick with another 6.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Dave, Thank you for your 5 star review, Happy Swimming.

Working well on bottom and sides

Pleased with performance of Mx 6 to date - picks up all dirt and leaves. Has stopped on steps a couple of times - but usually gets off ok. No problem setting it up from the box. Would recommend this cleaner to others - better than the creepy crawly type I’ve had before - silent too.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Jim, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you are happy with your Cleaner. Happy Swimming!

Quality-Check

Quality-CheckGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome Value for Money

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi there! Thank you so much for this great review. Appreciate the excellent Feedback. Happy Swimming!

Never buy another

Have had the MX6 for about 4 weeks . The trouble is it won"t climb walls and gets stuck on steps.I have an eco pump and run it on clean cycle Been through everything in the manual ie correcting PH , altering motor speed ,adjusting suction all to no avail .Rang the 1300 number and was advised to send video and problem identification.This was done over a week ago ,Haven"t heard back .Maybe they put it in the too hard basket .On the plus side it cleans the bottom well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Ian, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you are able to confirm your email address either PM or Inbox on Facebook we can chase this up for you, Thanks.

lgwestie@gmail.com

Customer C.Zodiac

Thanks for your time Ian. As promised our Service Tech will be onsite on Monday. Please call 1300 763 021 if you need anything in the interim. Thanks!

Donny

DonnyGold Coast

You only hear the bad things in this area but I must say our zodiac ms6 meets all good things advise

Very easy to setup and preforms well we are very happy with this product. It has no problems with leaves and cleaning our pool would recommend this cleaner to others. Our pool has never looked so clean very easy to setup saves a tonne of work now we can enjoy our day

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Donny! Thanks for leaving a 5 star review, Happy Swimming!

OldyarkGloucester

Climbs walls gets stuck on steps

Purchased dec 2017 machine gets stuck on steps or any lip around pool have adjusted suction still the same rang 1300 no girl said I had the wrong machine for the pool I told her I have a friend with same pool and doesn’t get stuck
Her respons was it’s not a warranty problem and she couldn’t help me
Don’t buy this unit unless you have straight sides and no steps or you only want to clean the floor

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi,Sorry to hear that you have had these issues. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please send a PM with your details. Thanks.

Oldyark

I have been contacted by zodiac USA and issue has been sorted
They were very helpful unlike Australian help line who didn’t want to know about it
Very happy with end result

It doesn’t climb walls!

Purchased two weeks ago from online retailer to keep my new pool clean over Christmas holidays. Followed instructions to make sure speed of rotations and suction strength is right. Whilst it cleans the floor it won’t climb vertical walls !!! That’s a key function. Will be calling the 1300 number next week. Am I missing something ?

Alan W

Alan WSydney, NSW

MX-6 is a SHOCKER - An absolute piece of rubbish

Purchased in May, 2016 it didn't start up after taking it out of the box. Took back to re-seller who changed the motor and gearbox. Then ceased to function in Feb, 2017. Took to another dealer and they changed the gearbox & motor.
Again failed recently. Took it to dealer who said there's nothing wrong and said I must need a new pool pump. Did just that and the MX-6 still didn't function properly. Again last week new gearbox and motor put in and now it doesn't work at all. There are obviously is multiple manufacturing faults build into this junk and I guess that's why they don't sell them anymore. Products are supposed to do what the manufacturer promises so now off to Fair Trading for a full refund.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Andrew Gakas

Andrew Gakas

Cleans well, but WON'T CLIMB WALLS

Brand new MX6 cleaner. It gets around OK and sucks up everything that sits on the bottom of the pool. Vacuums up all the dead algae and keeps the pool floor looking great, however no matter how I adjust the hose suction or float, it NEVER climbs the walls. Disappointing. Consider alternatives and read lots of reviews before buying.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Andrew, Thanks for your review. If you need to speak to someone about the Cleaner/walls, please call us on 1300 763 021, Thanks!

This cleaner amazed me!

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Stuart, thank you for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Phred

PhredPerth, WA

An overall good product

I purchased this model cleaner prior to refurbishing my 10x5m concrete pool. It worked well, although large leaf litter was a problem in terms of causing the impellor to jamb - and still is. However in addition to refurbishing the pool, I replaced the sand in the filter and noticed a significant difference in performance. The unit now climbs the walls (not in a close pattern to assure clean walls) and has never gotten stuck at steps or elsewhere. Put a new kit in it at the recommendation of a pool shop after 3 year's use and, again, performance has Improved marginally.

Thinking of recommending one to my son for the pool in the house he has recently purchased

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Dave

Not effective with low flow pumps

I use a Davey Eco pump on my filter and I always run it on the slow speed. No ordinary pool cleaner will work on such a slow speed. They will just sit there. Therefore I purchased the MX6 on the advertising blurb that states it will operate with low flow pumps. WRONG. It does not. It will only run properly when the pump is run at full speed and even then it will not climb walls. Very disappointed in this purchase as I am not prepared to the run the pump at full speed as I lose all the benefits of having an eco pump. ie saving electricity costs.

Doesn’t go up walls

I have a small fibreglass plung pool. 3 metres by 4.5 metres This pool cleaner does not climb the walls. I brought it for the sole reason to clean my pool walls. Not sure if this due to not been a tiled or concrete pool. I also find when it gets to the side of pool it takes ages to turn around

Rich C

Rich CGold Coast

Great Pool Cleaner

Purchased the MX6 as I’ve had a lot of pool cleaners with the rubber skirt that seem to perish in the sun. At first had a little trouble getting it to work properly but after troubleshooting I gave my filter another backwash and the MX6 was off and running up the walls etc. This thing goes everywhere and the pool has never been cleaner. Great little design.

After taking a little while to get the MX6 going I read the reviews here on this page and thought I had bought a dud, but I am now very pleased with my purchase.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Rich, Thanks for your 5 star review. Glad to hear that the Cleaner is working so well. Happy Swimming!

GailMillfield

Such a disappointment!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

limboSouth East Queensland, QLD

Forever a problem

Date PurchasedJul 2016

poppopkimobrisbane

very easy to stuck when suck the leaves

this product is very easy to stuck when it suck the long leaves. when i run the pool clean, it almost stuck there couple times. i called for warranty support and they just want me to send the product back. i have to get the another one when sent it back. i am really disappointed about this.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
poppopkimo

i had contacted the zodiac customer service. the tech support asked me to send the uint back. i am waiting the unit send back and check the performance.

pjnutHunter Region, NSW

totally waste of money

i bought this last summer having been told it was a great unit i now wish that i had never bought it.gets stuck all the time at the steps or corner of steps and has to be moved manually.total waste of money.I will be selling it and buying something else

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Pjnut, Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Can you confirm if you have spoken to us directly for any troubleshooting? Thanks!

pjnut

no i have now sold the machine would never recommend to anyone

Customer C.Zodiac

Sorry to hear this. We do have a dedicated team here at Zodiac and our own Techs that can fix most issues if we are notified.