Zodiac MX6

Zodiac MX6 (page 2 of 5)

MPN: NAI-ZO-RO-MX6-WC215

This product and company are awful

The cleaner gets stuck on ridge such as steps and a ridge around the bottom drain. If it isn’t stuck on something and only the back portion portion of the machine touches the pool bottom. When it does this is runs to the end of the hose sits there until it is moved. Do not waste your money on this. I emailed the company and never heard back. Customer service is non existent.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi, I am sorry to hear that you were not contacted by us. We would like to look into this for you to ensure we got your email and why you didn't receive an answer. We do have a team of Customer Care staff who will be happy to action this for you asap. Can you please PM your details if you would like to be contacted, Thanks.

Rubbish

Absolute rubbish from the day of purchase it didn't work correctly. Sometimes it would act like its on steroids other days it will only run for 2 minutes then stop dead took it back 5 times they kept changing parts and it kept doing the same thing. After struggling with it for over a year with the same problem i just through it in the shed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Louis, Sorry to hear that you are having issues. This is the Australian Version of Product Review. If you would be able to redirect your review to the correct site that would be more helpful for you. If you would like to send a PM, I would be happy to send your details to them for you. Thanks.

Great pool cleaner.

Have had the MX6 for nearly 4 years in a pebble crete pool. Has given no dramas except climbs pool wall and sucks air. Is due for an overhaul after a lot Drama free use,I recommend.
Was thinking of the MX8 for another larger pool ,though have read more bad reports than good ones , might stick with another 6.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Hi Dave, Thank you for your 5 star review, Happy Swimming.

Working well on bottom and sides

Pleased with performance of Mx 6 to date - picks up all dirt and leaves. Has stopped on steps a couple of times - but usually gets off ok. No problem setting it up from the box. Would recommend this cleaner to others - better than the creepy crawly type I’ve had before - silent too.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Jim, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you are happy with your Cleaner. Happy Swimming!

Awesome Value for Money

Having owned a Heyward Pool cleaner for the past 15 years, I got fed up with changing the parts every 2 years. Replacement parts for the Heyward cost half the price of a new one, so I though it was time for a change.

I tested a Kreepy Krawly, but less said about that the better I think.

As I began shopping I almost fell off my perch when I saw the prices being asked for Pool cleaners, so I decided to take a punt on the very affordable Zodiac MX6.
Having owned a Zodiac Tri Chlorinator, I know Zodiac are a good solid company with good customer support. Based upon that alone, the MX6 was a logical choice.

To begin, the MX6 would not work, but this was due to a few leaks in my piping which was drastically reducing the pressure in my system. The MX6 does like good pressure to operate correctly.
Once I fixed the pressure, the MX6 almost jumped out of the pool and gave me a kiss. Brilliant!

Bang for buck, if like myself you are shocked by the cost of Pool Cleaners, this is the one for you.

It has a smaller width of suction than my Heyward and the Kreepy Krawly, so takes a bit longer to clean the pool, but it does the job at a fraction of the cost.

Winning!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi there! Thank you so much for this great review. Appreciate the excellent Feedback. Happy Swimming!

Never buy another

Have had the MX6 for about 4 weeks . The trouble is it won"t climb walls and gets stuck on steps.I have an eco pump and run it on clean cycle Been through everything in the manual ie correcting PH , altering motor speed ,adjusting suction all to no avail .Rang the 1300 number and was advised to send video and problem identification.This was done over a week ago ,Haven"t heard back .Maybe they put it in the too hard basket .On the plus side it cleans the bottom well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Ian, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you are able to confirm your email address either PM or Inbox on Facebook we can chase this up for you, Thanks.lgwestie@gmail.comThanks for your time Ian. As promised our Service Tech will be onsite on Monday. Please call 1300 763 021 if you need anything in the interim. Thanks!

You only hear the bad things in this area but I must say our zodiac ms6 meets all good things advise

Very easy to setup and preforms well we are very happy with this product. It has no problems with leaves and cleaning our pool would recommend this cleaner to others. Our pool has never looked so clean very easy to setup saves a tonne of work now we can enjoy our day

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Donny! Thanks for leaving a 5 star review, Happy Swimming!

Climbs walls gets stuck on steps

Purchased dec 2017 machine gets stuck on steps or any lip around pool have adjusted suction still the same rang 1300 no girl said I had the wrong machine for the pool I told her I have a friend with same pool and doesn’t get stuck
Her respons was it’s not a warranty problem and she couldn’t help me
Don’t buy this unit unless you have straight sides and no steps or you only want to clean the floor

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi,Sorry to hear that you have had these issues. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please send a PM with your details. Thanks.I have been contacted by zodiac USA and issue has been sorted They were very helpful unlike Australian help line who didn’t want to know about it Very happy with end result

It doesn’t climb walls!

Purchased two weeks ago from online retailer to keep my new pool clean over Christmas holidays. Followed instructions to make sure speed of rotations and suction strength is right. Whilst it cleans the floor it won’t climb vertical walls !!! That’s a key function. Will be calling the 1300 number next week. Am I missing something ?

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Sammutley76, have you had a chance to get in contact with our Customer Care team over the break? If the MX6 is not climbing the walls, there are two things which you can easily check. If the MX6 is not receiving enough flow, it is going to have trouble preforming and climbing the walls. Best is to check the manual here: https://www.zodiac.com.au/Content/cms/products/pdf/12522%20MX8%20MX6%20Manual%20vs4.pdf. for instructions. Secondly, if the pH is too high or even too low, the pool walls can become slippery which makes it difficult for the cleaner to gain traction on the walls. What type of pool surface do you have? Alternatively, you can contact Customer Service Team on 1300 763 021. Thanks.

MX-6 is a SHOCKER - An absolute piece of rubbish

Purchased in May, 2016 it didn't start up after taking it out of the box. Took back to re-seller who changed the motor and gearbox. Then ceased to function in Feb, 2017. Took to another dealer and they changed the gearbox & motor.
Again failed recently. Took it to dealer who said there's nothing wrong and said I must need a new pool pump. Did just that and the MX-6 still didn't function properly. Again last week new gearbox and motor put in and now it doesn't work at all. There are obviously is multiple manufacturing faults build into this junk and I guess that's why they don't sell them anymore. Products are supposed to do what the manufacturer promises so now off to Fair Trading for a full refund.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Hi Alan, sorry to hear of these issues. We would like to look into this further. Could you please contact us on 1300 763 021 and mention that you contacted us via Product Review or you can email your personal detail to apac.aftersales@zodiac.com. Thanks.

Cleans well, but WON'T CLIMB WALLS

Brand new MX6 cleaner. It gets around OK and sucks up everything that sits on the bottom of the pool. Vacuums up all the dead algae and keeps the pool floor looking great, however no matter how I adjust the hose suction or float, it NEVER climbs the walls. Disappointing. Consider alternatives and read lots of reviews before buying.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Andrew, Thanks for your review. If you need to speak to someone about the Cleaner/walls, please call us on 1300 763 021, Thanks!

This cleaner amazed me!

I read the reviews and watched YouTube clips before I bought the MX 6. We have a fibreglass pool 8x4 narellan pool which was installed in September 2017. I was sceptical about pool cleaners but I had no choice after my 13 year old son avoided his only chore which was cleaning the pool. I have been blown away how good the MX 6 cleans our pool. It took about 40 minutes through trial and error to get the cleaner to do its job. I found moving the buoy up the vacuum pipe kept the cleaner down near the pool floor. It climbs the walls with ease it removes gum leaves and sand without problems and manages to get out of tough spots with a bit time. I don’t believe you just chuck it in your pool out of the box and expect it to work. You have to do some fiddling to get it right but once you have you don’t look back. The Zodiac MX 6 has made maintaining our pool so much easier big thumbs up from me.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Stuart, thank you for the 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

An overall good product

I purchased this model cleaner prior to refurbishing my 10x5m concrete pool. It worked well, although large leaf litter was a problem in terms of causing the impellor to jamb - and still is. However in addition to refurbishing the pool, I replaced the sand in the filter and noticed a significant difference in performance. The unit now climbs the walls (not in a close pattern to assure clean walls) and has never gotten stuck at steps or elsewhere. Put a new kit in it at the recommendation of a pool shop after 3 year's use and, again, performance has Improved marginally.

Thinking of recommending one to my son for the pool in the house he has recently purchased

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Thank you for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Not effective with low flow pumps

I use a Davey Eco pump on my filter and I always run it on the slow speed. No ordinary pool cleaner will work on such a slow speed. They will just sit there. Therefore I purchased the MX6 on the advertising blurb that states it will operate with low flow pumps. WRONG. It does not. It will only run properly when the pump is run at full speed and even then it will not climb walls. Very disappointed in this purchase as I am not prepared to the run the pump at full speed as I lose all the benefits of having an eco pump. ie saving electricity costs.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi... Can you please provide some more information so that we can help you get your cleaner up and running how it should. What size horsepower pump do you have? What kind of vac plate are you using? Are you using the AD flow valve? You can try and remove the AD flow valve and see how that goes. To ensure correct flow, please refer to the Owner's Manual, page 6. It is available here: https://www.zodiac.com.au/Content/cms/products/pdf/12522%20MX8%20MX6%20Manual%20vs4.pdf.

Doesn’t go up walls

I have a small fibreglass plung pool. 3 metres by 4.5 metres This pool cleaner does not climb the walls. I brought it for the sole reason to clean my pool walls. Not sure if this due to not been a tiled or concrete pool. I also find when it gets to the side of pool it takes ages to turn around

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Maree, There can be a number of reasons why the Cleaner is not climbing the walls. These can include the Unit, The Water Chem of your pool or suction levels. May I ask if you have contacted our Customer Care team? We can assist you! Our phone number is 1300 763 021.

Great Pool Cleaner

Purchased the MX6 as I’ve had a lot of pool cleaners with the rubber skirt that seem to perish in the sun. At first had a little trouble getting it to work properly but after troubleshooting I gave my filter another backwash and the MX6 was off and running up the walls etc. This thing goes everywhere and the pool has never been cleaner. Great little design.

After taking a little while to get the MX6 going I read the reviews here on this page and thought I had bought a dud, but I am now very pleased with my purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Rich, Thanks for your 5 star review. Glad to hear that the Cleaner is working so well. Happy Swimming!

Such a disappointment!

We had such high hopes of this pool cleaner, after having watched our old creepy crawly get stuck in corners for years. On the plus side, the Zodiac doesn't get stuck. On the minus side, it doesn't clean the pool. Yes it runs all over the place, and looks as if it's doing things, but it seems to have perfected the art of looking busy whilst achieving nothing. It picks up leaves (though long leaves tend to jam it) but leaves all the dirt and dust behind. We've cleaned it, we've dosed the pool with everything we can think of, and it still looks worse than we've ever seen it. We should have bought the cheap Aldi creepy crawly style cleaner when it was on special a couple of weeks ago. Would probably have saved a lot of stress - not to mention money.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Gail, sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your cleaner. Can I ask what time of debris your pool is prone to? This is an important question to ask when selecting the right pool cleaner for your pool. The MX6 reverses in and out of corners which stops it from getting stuck. It is best suited to collecting small to medium sized debris. Typically, if your pool is prone to fine dust, disc suction cleaners are the best choice for this type of debris. For more information please contact Zodiac on 1300 763 021.Hi, thank you for your response. I will indeed call you on the number given. As for the sort of debris we get in the pool, I would imagine it's pretty standard ...... leaves from neighbouring trees (there are none in our yard) and general dust. We live on a normal sized block near town .... no dirt roads etc, no special circumstances.

Forever a problem

Purchased the Zodian MX6 after being told it was a reliable pool cleaner with few issues.Well if I can get through 2 days without having to either untangle it, adjust back to an upright position, move it from getting stuck at the bottom step, clean the smallest bit of debris from inside........then im doing well....but that is seldom.Could never recommend this product purely on the basis that it is a time consuming cleaner that needs constant attention.When it runs ,it runs very well but just to many issues to often.For no reason it just tilts up on the back.Made many many adjustments but nothing lasts. The hose setup is not a good design as there is not way you can twist the hose joins to straighten it out without unattaching it .....the list goes on.
Looks great and would love to say yeah,give it a go, but sorry cannot. Looking for an alternative but very hesitant to try another Zodiac.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Limbo, sorry to hear about your poor experience. It sounds like there may be some difficulty with setting the right flow. Setting the right flow is imperative for the product to work as efficiently and effectively as it is designed to. Please refer to page 6 on the product manual. (Link below). If you are still have difficulties with your cleaner. Please call Zodiac on 1300 763 021. https://www.zodiac.com.au/Content/cms/products/pdf/12522%20MX8%20MX6%20Manual%20vs4.pdfSorry, but have heard it all before.....been trying different settings/air flows,speeds and it still either tilts because of the hose design or butts up against the botttom curved step and will remain there till it is moved manually.Ive read the manual more times than I should have to. I purchased,have used for over a year with constant problems and now I’m letting people know that if they want a reliable, relatively hassle free pool cleaner, they should probably avoid this one. Have sent a video to your company showing the problems I have stated and will await a reply from them.Well After contacting Zodiac with my problems, they said they could do nothing until I gave proof of purchase.date/seller etc. I emailed back the next day with Proof of Purchase showing all information asked PLUS a video showing the cleaner sitting in the same spot not moving, tracks spinning which it still does.......That was a week ago and they have not had the decency to reply,wonder why? Will have to reduce that star rating based on their lack of customer service.Makes my decision on my next pool cleaner a somewhat easier decision to make. Unfortunately cannot change ⭐️ rating, if I could it would be none.

very easy to stuck when suck the leaves

this product is very easy to stuck when it suck the long leaves. when i run the pool clean, it almost stuck there couple times. i called for warranty support and they just want me to send the product back. i have to get the another one when sent it back. i am really disappointed about this.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi, Sorry to hear that you are having issues.Going by the date mentioned in your review, your unit is in warranty? We have service techs and agents that service the majority of the state for these units. Could you please call confirm your details via PM or callback and mention you were asked to call via product review so we can try and sort this for you, Thanks.i had contacted the zodiac customer service. the tech support asked me to send the uint back. i am waiting the unit send back and check the performance.

totally waste of money

i bought this last summer having been told it was a great unit i now wish that i had never bought it.gets stuck all the time at the steps or corner of steps and has to be moved manually.total waste of money.I will be selling it and buying something else

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Pjnut, Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Can you confirm if you have spoken to us directly for any troubleshooting? Thanks!no i have now sold the machine would never recommend to anyoneSorry to hear this. We do have a dedicated team here at Zodiac and our own Techs that can fix most issues if we are notified.