Zodiac TX35

• Pool Size
    • Small (3)
    • Average (3)
    • Large (1)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Corey S.

Corey S.Hunter Region, NSW

Does an average cleaning job.

Was hoping to replace the need to manual vacuum but i still need to do this. Goes over debris many times before it picks it up. Frustrating to watch it just go straight over debris and not pick it up.Dissapointed for the price i paid. Would not buy again

Purchased in January 2019 at Direct Pool Supplies for $1,250.00.

Pool Size Small

Marino

MarinoPerth, WA

Not fit for purpose

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,000.00.

BrianVeeSydney, NSW

Works really well in Pebblecrete Pool

Great for gum nuts, leaves and other debris. The optional fine filter basket is also great for removing dust from nearby building site and dead algae.

It has jammed up a few times but always easy to fix and get going again.

I just wish it could be programmed to come on each day.

Purchased in September 2018 for $850.00.

Limited utility

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,000.00.

Pool Size Small
Wall and Step Cleaning

Did I purchase the correct machine?

Purchased this recommended model for my newly painted epoxy concrete pool from local agent. However when I clean the basket there are small flecks and particles of the new paint. I’m now told by the pool painter this is not the right cleaner for an epoxy painted concrete pool? Is he correct? Thank you

Purchased in July 2019.

Pool Size Large

Denise

DeniseSydney, NSW

No brown dust on bottom of pool

Initially disappointed to see fine brown dust left behind. With trial and error, I discovered that if I ran the filter at the same time, no brown residue! Pool is sparkling clean now.

Purchased in February 2019 for $900.00.

Small Debris Cleaning

Unit was 'Okay' should have spent a little extra for a better robot.

Worked 'okay' for amount 9 months before the driver jammed up. Never got full pool coverage even after leaving it in all day. Unit struggled to pick up leaves unless they where precisely under the middle of it. Never cleaned the steps and struggled to climb the walls.

Purchased in September 2018.

Amlez

AmlezDarwin, NT

Nice Low End Robo

Purchased in January 2018.

topher

topherperth

Will not clean whole pool.

I trialed this unit, and it was not good. It would get to the surface of the pool when doing the walls, jet the water out filling with air, then slowly sink back down. It would lose its position when it did this so any algorithm it uses is useless. For this reason, it wouldn't cover the whole pool and This was only a small pool.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

EdsboSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Pool Cleaner - Why did I persist with suction cleaners for so long??

This is first robotic cleaner after 20 years with numerous suction cleaners. So far, after 5 weeks, it is fantastic. Scoops up long strands from palm fronds as well as large and small leaves, simple clean of basket and caddy included keeps it all tidy and easy to wheel out of the way. I turn the pool filter on half way through to clean any dirt it stirs up and pool is clean as a whistle in 2 1/2 hrs. For under $1K including caddy great buy. Very happy so far.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Edsbo, Thank you so much for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Cleans O.K. But needs replacement parts after one summer.

We have been happy with the performance to date. Unfortunately, the tracks need replacing after one summer of use twice a week. I would have expected a bit more use. Especially if it will cost fifty dollars a season to replace the tracks.
As I have just had surgery on my leg, vacuuming the pool is not the best option at the moment.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Kezza. The Cleaner does have a 2 year warranty. Please contact us on 1300 763 021 if you require further help. Thanks.

Craig

CraigPenrith

Just doesn’t seem to work

I purchased this unit with a new pool less than 3 months ago. It doesn’t go up walls. Runs for a few minutes on the bottom then stops. Get 3 blinking lights on the info light. Turn it off then on again and same thing. Tried troubleshooting. Picks up sand / dirt and does a good job...just doesn’t run for more than three minutes at a time. Troubleshooting in the manual is useless, no info re what blinking light sequence means, what the actual cycle time is etc.

Hoping customer care on here can offer advice

great pool cleaner

picks up all but long strips from palm trees, but seems to do a good job only in for a couple of times per week, does bottom , sides and up to water line, great cleaner suction cleaner always blocking up and replacing parts all the time, Very easy to put in pool and take out also easy to clean

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!!!

PaulPetrie

Frustrating - better of manually cleaning

So far - I think we will be better off with a suction cleaner as this does not pick up anything small. Zodiac say you can buy a finer weave basket 100 micro instead of the supplied 200 micro, but why don't they provide the finer basket to start with, something that will do the job right the first time.
Not happy and would prefer something better

Grandadphil

Grandadphil

This cleaner has proved to be great value for the money

I have used the TX35 three times, the first time it had trouble climbing the walls but the pool had not been cleaned for several months.The second time it had no difficulty climbing the wall to the water line and picked up leaves about 2 cm long and striped palm leaves up to about 12 cm long as well as a fine white algae. Cleaning of the basket was simple and fast. The TX35 did get caught in the corner of the pool on one occasion.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for your review. Happy Swimming!

JennyPerth

Can only clean shallow end of pool

Zodiac claim cleaner not suitable for my pool. Specs on product say nothing about not being suitable for pool with a deep end just over 1.8m. Zodiac tech said it can't be fixed and I should be upgraded but was overruled by head office. Supervisor did not contact me back as I requested. Very sad as I really like how it cleans, but only does half of pool. Zodiac expect me to pay several hundred dollars to upgrade to VX model. Stay away from this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Jenny, Unfortunately, if there is no fault found with a product there is nothing further we could do for you but to offer you a refund through the Place of purchase which has been done. Thank you.

Jenny

This is very poor customer service. I have a simple fibreglass pool. It should work in my pool. Why don't you offer to trial the VX50 at my place to see if it works.

Billy KanenineSouthwest, VIC

Great cleaner for the price

We've had this pool cleaner for about 9 months now and it did a cracking job over summer keeping the pool floor clear of dirt and debris. I purchased this one because it was easy to assemble and clean and I liked that it had the clear top so I could see when it was full. I have just used it again before putting the pool cover on for winter and I have just realized I think it works better when the pool is really quite dirty! I love that it goes up the walls therefore saving me the need to brush them. For a lower end robot it is better than I expected. I'll be happy if I get 4 years out of it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Thanks for the grat 5 star review Billy. Happy Swimming!

Ralph

RalphGeraldton

Product sucks- unfortunately not like it’s designed to

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, sorry to hear that you are having issues? May I ask where you are located? Thanks.

tessNSW

Over all Happy so far have had only 1-2 month

Have had about 1 month or so now. Use twice a week on a 4 meter X 2 & half metre Bestway steel framed pool. Works well so far but find I'm using a hand held vacuum to get some dirt out it isn't picking up. Nevertheless am very happy only purchase to date. This product to date has improved the cleanliness of overall pool. I just leave it to do it's job for 2 hours.All good am happy I brought this product.Nothappy with price I paid and really wish they had made it as a remote control.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Tess, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase so far. Please call us anytime on 1300 763 021 if you need to discuss. Thanks.

tess

It's now been a little longer since I've owned and written the review can say I'm very happy. The hose needs some more consideration in makemanship as it gets tangled and I think they could of somehow made hose better.

BradMcDowall

Robot is great when it works, but Zodiac service and support has been very disappointing.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Brad. May I please ask the email address that you sent the videos to? We have a Team of Customer Care staff here to help so it is usual for this to be missed. Once this is confirmed we can look into this further for you. Thanks.

JImo B.asked

My Zodiac TX35 is not climbing the walls and is doing wheelies and falling on to side. Has anyone else had this issue?

BrianVee

This usually happens when insufficient water is passing through the system or when an object is lodged in a wheel track.
Check your filter basket has not become clogged. Rub it with a soft brush or your finger on all the mesh parts and then rinse. Check that tracks move freely.

JImo B.

Thanks BrianVee, I did try this (clearing the mesh with a hose on full pressure) and ensured that the spring on the inlet flap was working. I also renewed the tracks as it looked as though one was a bit stretched.
The robot also appears to go back and forth for small distances and sometimes only goes hallway up the walls of the pool. I wonder if there is some sort of internal levelling mechanism that may be faulty?

Peta G.
Peta G.

Hi Jimo B,
Mine will go up walls, but not get onto the ledges or steps.
Honestly, it's the worst value for money I've ever had. As the pool supplier said, 'put it on gumtree and find something else!' Zodiac were no help.
I now resort to the manual vacuum if i want anything finer than a leaf picked up.

Marc

Marcasked

Hi there - has anyone ever encountered an error signal with 4 consecutive flashes? It is not in the maintenance manual. Thank you.

Disappointed

Disappointedasked

Hi I have the Santorini fiberglass pool from Buccaneer pools (6m x 3.6m) 1.1m deep to 1.7m deep with a wide-entry circular steps and a long 6m bench. I was wondering if the TX35 is the best Zodiac cleaner for this type of pool. The cleaner needs to be able to clean the steps.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Edsbo

My TX35 climbs walls and gets onto steps/bench (I have a semicircular 2.5x1.5m bench/steps) but before I put it in I brush/swish any debris away from corners. NB the accessing of steps with TX35 is random and if you want to be sure steps are cleaned you need to upgrade to far more expensive programable/memory learning models. I have had mine for several months and don't recall steps/bench not being cleaned - not bad for under a $K. The shop I bought mine from offered a week free trial with their shop display model, no obligations.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives