Zodiac TX35

Zodiac TX35

Limited utility

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,000.00.

Pool Size Small
Wall and Step Cleaning

Did I purchase the correct machine?

Purchased this recommended model for my newly painted epoxy concrete pool from local agent. However when I clean the basket there are small flecks and particles of the new paint. I’m now told by the pool painter this is not the right cleaner for an epoxy painted concrete pool? Is he correct? Thank you

Purchased in July 2019.

Pool Size Large
Denise

DeniseSydney, NSW

No brown dust on bottom of pool

Initially disappointed to see fine brown dust left behind. With trial and error, I discovered that if I ran the filter at the same time, no brown residue! Pool is sparkling clean now.

Purchased in February 2019 for $900.00.

Pool Size Average
Small Debris Cleaning

Unit was 'Okay' should have spent a little extra for a better robot.

Worked 'okay' for amount 9 months before the driver jammed up. Never got full pool coverage even after leaving it in all day. Unit struggled to pick up leaves unless they where precisely under the middle of it. Never cleaned the steps and struggled to climb the walls.

Purchased in September 2018.

Pool Size Average

Amlez

AmlezDarwin, NT

Nice Low End Robo

Purchased in January 2018.

topher

topherperth

Will not clean whole pool.

I trialed this unit, and it was not good. It would get to the surface of the pool when doing the walls, jet the water out filling with air, then slowly sink back down. It would lose its position when it did this so any algorithm it uses is useless. For this reason, it wouldn't cover the whole pool and This was only a small pool.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

EdsboSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Pool Cleaner - Why did I persist with suction cleaners for so long??

This is first robotic cleaner after 20 years with numerous suction cleaners. So far, after 5 weeks, it is fantastic. Scoops up long strands from palm fronds as well as large and small leaves, simple clean of basket and caddy included keeps it all tidy and easy to wheel out of the way. I turn the pool filter on half way through to clean any dirt it stirs up and pool is clean as a whistle in 2 1/2 hrs. For under $1K including caddy great buy. Very happy so far.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Edsbo, Thank you so much for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Cleans O.K. But needs replacement parts after one summer.

We have been happy with the performance to date. Unfortunately, the tracks need replacing after one summer of use twice a week. I would have expected a bit more use. Especially if it will cost fifty dollars a season to replace the tracks.
As I have just had surgery on my leg, vacuuming the pool is not the best option at the moment.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Kezza. The Cleaner does have a 2 year warranty. Please contact us on 1300 763 021 if you require further help. Thanks.

Craig

CraigPenrith

Just doesn’t seem to work

I purchased this unit with a new pool less than 3 months ago. It doesn’t go up walls. Runs for a few minutes on the bottom then stops. Get 3 blinking lights on the info light. Turn it off then on again and same thing. Tried troubleshooting. Picks up sand / dirt and does a good job...just doesn’t run for more than three minutes at a time. Troubleshooting in the manual is useless, no info re what blinking light sequence means, what the actual cycle time is etc.

Hoping customer care on here can offer advice

great pool cleaner

picks up all but long strips from palm trees, but seems to do a good job only in for a couple of times per week, does bottom , sides and up to water line, great cleaner suction cleaner always blocking up and replacing parts all the time, Very easy to put in pool and take out also easy to clean

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!!!

PaulPetrie

Frustrating - better of manually cleaning

So far - I think we will be better off with a suction cleaner as this does not pick up anything small. Zodiac say you can buy a finer weave basket 100 micro instead of the supplied 200 micro, but why don't they provide the finer basket to start with, something that will do the job right the first time.
Not happy and would prefer something better

Grandadphil

This cleaner has proved to be great value for the money

I have used the TX35 three times, the first time it had trouble climbing the walls but the pool had not been cleaned for several months.The second time it had no difficulty climbing the wall to the water line and picked up leaves about 2 cm long and striped palm leaves up to about 12 cm long as well as a fine white algae. Cleaning of the basket was simple and fast. The TX35 did get caught in the corner of the pool on one occasion.

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for your review. Happy Swimming!

JennyPerth

Can only clean shallow end of pool

Zodiac claim cleaner not suitable for my pool. Specs on product say nothing about not being suitable for pool with a deep end just over 1.8m. Zodiac tech said it can't be fixed and I should be upgraded but was overruled by head office. Supervisor did not contact me back as I requested. Very sad as I really like how it cleans, but only does half of pool. Zodiac expect me to pay several hundred dollars to upgrade to VX model. Stay away from this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Jenny, Unfortunately, if there is no fault found with a product there is nothing further we could do for you but to offer you a refund through the Place of purchase which has been done. Thank you.

Jenny

This is very poor customer service. I have a simple fibreglass pool. It should work in my pool. Why don't you offer to trial the VX50 at my place to see if it works.

Billy Kanenine

Billy KanenineSouthwest, VIC

Great cleaner for the price

We've had this pool cleaner for about 9 months now and it did a cracking job over summer keeping the pool floor clear of dirt and debris. I purchased this one because it was easy to assemble and clean and I liked that it had the clear top so I could see when it was full. I have just used it again before putting the pool cover on for winter and I have just realized I think it works better when the pool is really quite dirty! I love that it goes up the walls therefore saving me the need to brush them. For a lower end robot it is better than I expected. I'll be happy if I get 4 years out of it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Thanks for the grat 5 star review Billy. Happy Swimming!

Ralph

RalphGeraldton

Product sucks- unfortunately not like it’s designed to

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, sorry to hear that you are having issues? May I ask where you are located? Thanks.

tessNSW

Over all Happy so far have had only 1-2 month

Have had about 1 month or so now. Use twice a week on a 4 meter X 2 & half metre Bestway steel framed pool. Works well so far but find I'm using a hand held vacuum to get some dirt out it isn't picking up. Nevertheless am very happy only purchase to date. This product to date has improved the cleanliness of overall pool. I just leave it to do it's job for 2 hours.All good am happy I brought this product.Nothappy with price I paid and really wish they had made it as a remote control.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Tess, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase so far. Please call us anytime on 1300 763 021 if you need to discuss. Thanks.

tess

It's now been a little longer since I've owned and written the review can say I'm very happy. The hose needs some more consideration in makemanship as it gets tangled and I think they could of somehow made hose better.

BradMcDowall

Robot is great when it works, but Zodiac service and support has been very disappointing.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Brad. May I please ask the email address that you sent the videos to? We have a Team of Customer Care staff here to help so it is usual for this to be missed. Once this is confirmed we can look into this further for you. Thanks.

Customer C.Zodiac

Annoyed / Disappointed / In trouble with my wife for not doing required research

Date PurchasedApr 2018

JM24

JM24BRISBANE

Does not do a good job of cleaning our pool

We originally chose to purchase a different model that had great reviews, but received an email from the retailer to offer this later and greater model at no extra charge. We now wish we had followed through with our original order. We don’t have a large pool and this machine spends most of the time stirring up the water and leaves the floor just as dirty. We spend more time cleaning up after it....not fit for purpose in our opinion! Our old suction cleaner did a much better job.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi. Sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues, We have a Customer Care team that would be happy to discuss if you like. Our number is 1300 763 021. Thanks.

Sangas

SangasTownsville

Fantastic little unit

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Disappointed

Disappointedasked

Hi I have the Santorini fiberglass pool from Buccaneer pools (6m x 3.6m) 1.1m deep to 1.7m deep with a wide-entry circular steps and a long 6m bench. I was wondering if the TX35 is the best Zodiac cleaner for this type of pool. The cleaner needs to be able to clean the steps.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Edsbo

My TX35 climbs walls and gets onto steps/bench (I have a semicircular 2.5x1.5m bench/steps) but before I put it in I brush/swish any debris away from corners. NB the accessing of steps with TX35 is random and if you want to be sure steps are cleaned you need to upgrade to far more expensive programable/memory learning models. I have had mine for several months and don't recall steps/bench not being cleaned - not bad for under a $K. The shop I bought mine from offered a week free trial with their shop display model, no obligations.

DWD

DWDasked

Our unit goes on for 5 to 10 minutes then stops and needs to be restarted.. any guidance appreciated?

Lincoln H

Sorry have no idea I would just take it back as there must be a fault in it. This will be the last answer I will be giving unless I get some sort of incentive to do , they should have their own technical staff to answer problems with these cleaners

Paul

I returned my for a refund and got something better - good luck

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi DWD, Can you please call us on 1300 763 021, we can help you from there. Our Team will assist you. Thanks!

Thank you Lincoln, Zodiac do have many Customer Care members and we help them from our Care Line. We do address these issues as much as possible online, however, we like to speak to our Customers in person to help them. This is a public forum and people like yourself can choose to help fellow members or else we will reply. Thanks.

Paris

Parisasked

I was looking at purchasing the Zodiac TX35 this week, after reading the below pros and cons, can anyone kindly give me some direction on a good (value for money, sweet spot) robotic cleaner please?

Lincoln H

Hey I've only had my TX35 for a month or so now but it seems to work really well clean all of the pool and about half the price of some of the other units, sometimes I will give it a second run just to get the odd leaf out that it may miss. over all good value for the price and it even scrubs the tiles at the water line ( use to have to do this myself by hand ) good luck with your choice.

Paul

I returned mine because it could not collect silt and the like - it will collect leaves and nettles but no dirt and silt. This unit costs $1420.00, so very disappointed.
I am about to purchase a different brand and have seen it clean my pool in half the time. It costs another $400.00 but it works very well. I just cannot recall the brand until I go to purchase it.

Grandadphil

I have been using my TX35 for a couple of months and I am happy with it. One of the con you read is that it will not climb the wall. First try it only climbed half way up the wall. The pool had not been cleaned for months and the wall s were grimy.By the end of the two hour cycle it was cleaning the water line without a miss. If you are having silt problems you have to buy the optional fine filter.I paid $960.00 for mine and the nearest equivalent was $1800.00. I am very happy with mine.

Get an answer from our members and Zodiac representatives

CategoryRobotic Pool Cleaners