Zodiac VX50 4WD

• Pool Size
GaryB

GaryBSydney

Warning!. ..don't buy a Zodiac product - unless Disappointment is desirable

Purchased a VX50 4WD Robotic cleaner paying the retail price expecting value for money due to promised quality. Unit gets minimal usage and is always operated as per their instructions. Had the same fault repaired/replaced twice within the warranty period - Same problem has now reoccurred and Zodiac are not interested in making good this repair despite acknowledging that they previously repaired the same issue.
It's disappointing that Fluidra would prefer to deal with DFT rather than looking after their customers

Sharon Bennett

Sharon BennettSydney Surrounds, NSW

Waste of money and very poor service..

I purchased the Zodiac OT15 just over a 1000.00. It's still within warranty although doesn't work. Had zodiac look at only to be told it was fine. Put it back in pool and it worked for 10 min and stopped again. So dissatisfied would never recommend this product or company.

Purchased in November 2018 at Mr Pool Man for A$1,000.00.

NatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible!!! Don't waste your money

Broke 1 year out of warranty. Requires a complete rebuild at a cost of $800 E10 error. Rang Zodiac for assistance a number of times, as they wouldn't even reply to my emails. As others have said don't waste your money. Only made to last the warranty period. I would have expected better product support from Zodiac.

Purchased in January 2016 for A$1,350.00.

I sent an email to this address on th 16/04. Still no reply

Matt

MattHunter Region, NSW

Great for the big stuff; not so for very fine dirt...

Purchased in January 2019 at Pool and Spa Warehouse Physical store for A$1,800.00.

LeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

1st motor fail now controller

3yrs old gearbox has failed now replaced 1month later controller error 10 code have to replace the controller now. It's now cost another $800 to fix plus the purchase price. Avoid buying this cleaner because as soon as it's out of warranty you pretty much will have to replace everything again. Don't waste your money

Purchased in December 2015.

VagoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not very reliable

I have had mine for about 1 year.

The Good: Cheap, big basket and easy to set up.
The Bad: It broke down, fortunately still under warranty, they replaced the motor, cable and eventually the controller box.

Also have a friend with the same unit, they had aready ordered a replacement unit.

A friend has a Dolphin. It is much better build (designed), however the basket (filters are tiny).

Purchased in September 2018.

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Great when working

Purchased in July 2016 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for A$1,200.00.

Dave Canavan

Dave CanavanSouth East Queensland, QLD

LOVE IT!

After constantly battling with a hose cleaner which persistently missed corners etc. I moved to the vx50 and I love it! Lovely and clean every time and collects a lot of dust too. To not have a hose in the pool and by only using this 2 or 3 times a week max (for just 1.5 hours!) means I have a super clean, spacious pool all the time. The lift system is also awesome. And the cord doesn't tangle which I worried about. So clever. Thanks Zodiac!

Purchased in December 2018.

Customer C.Zodiac

Hey Dave! Thankyou so much for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Not happy at all

Cleaning was quite effective but after spending a $1500 make sure that you keep your machine in shadyside becouse feded after month and because of tangles cord break easily especially on the way to the machine. The zodiac technician come and blame our 13 yrs old dogs for chewing on the cord and ask us to pay $600 in order to fix it. Our dogs would never do that , they not even able to walk that distance and of course the place where the wacum is kept is fully fanced .So after 8mnt of using and foulty, week cord we left with no option.

Purchased in July 2018.

VX50 4WD

Excellent machine and wish we had purchased one earlier. The pool has never been so clean and the cleaner is so easy to use and clean. I would strongly recommend this unit to any prospective purchaser. Cleans walls and steps with ease and the caddy makes use very easy. Extremely happy with purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Best $1500 spent

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Mick GAU

Gets stuck on the step

My Zodiac VX50 4WD gets stuck on the bottom step. When it does finally manage to get off it puts itself up there again. Half the cleaning time is spent stuck on the step. This is not what I paid it to do? This was an expensive cleaner and it's pretty much useless. Have underwater GoPro video of it which I'll send someone if they wants proof. Wouldn't recommend this cleaner. I want a refund and will be speaking to the retailer that sold it to me. Mick.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

HI Mick. We have received your enquiry and Go Pro Footage and are currently working on the response for you. Thanks.

Mick G

Thank you for responding.

Mick G

Clarification. My Zodiac model is the VX55 4WD Swivel. Unfortunately the site is not allowing me to edit this.

Should have purchased sooner!

I finally purchased the vx50 swivel, I should have purchased it when we put the pool in!
The robot is very easy to use, the lift mechanism is truly genius, I don’t have problems with the cable twisting in the pool if you set it up as per the instructions. I have a rectangular pool with steps and a ledge all the way around, the cleaner works it’s way around the whole pool, walls, steps and over the ledge. I don’t have any trees around the pool area and only get the odd leaf in the pool, but I get a lot of dust/dirt in the pool which the robot picks up very well. Super easy to clean after use and the fine filter does a fantastic job. Truly happy with this purchase

Customer C.Zodiac

Thank you for the 5 star review! Happy Swimming.

Arrow1958

Arrow1958South East Queensland, QLD

Collects the leaves, but the pool stays dirty.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi, Please call our Customer Care Team. Our number is 1300 763 021, we can discuss this further. Please mention we asked to call from Product Review. Thanks.

First use absolutely fantastic

Just purchased a zodiac VX50 with some trepidation because I have a track type Zodiac cleaner which was very unsuccessful in my leafy pool but because the dealers are fantastic zodiac dealers in this area I decided to purchase anyway and they were right after the first use I am so impressed that I would recommend them to everyone as as it is absolutely the first thing I have ever bought that has worked straight from the box.
Congratulations Zodiac and In Touch pools and Spa great product and service.

Sanity saver

This pool cleaner is a must have. Easy to use. Easy to clean. I have large trees nearby and very frustrating spending hours to clean the pool. This thing has given my sanity back and I just love it. Very expensive but worth it. If your not sure most pool shops have a demo model. Try it and you won’t look back

Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Thorpy! Thank you so much for the 5 star review! So happy to hear that your Cleaner is working so well for you, Enjoy, Happy Swimming!

Rick

RickBlacktown

2 years and still going strong

It’s starting to get warm and getting ready for summer I pulled out our zodiac VX50 4WD (Robbie) and it started working straight away. Pool was clean and ready to swim in after 2 cleans. Robbie has faded a bit in the 2 years that I have had it but can not fault it. Cord tangling with these robots can be an issue but I untangle it after each use and this is not a problem for me. I have a lot of gum trees around the pool so Robbie gets a good workout every 2-3 days. After 2 years I am still very happy with the robot and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good all round cleaner that’s very robust.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Excellent cleaner.. No issues with twisting of cable that some have mentioned.

Does a great job cleaning pool. Easy to set up and operate, does not get stuck and large canister which is simple to clean. Picks up most dirt and debris, but not so good with long leaves and sticks. Generally a well thought out and excellent product. The lift mechanism works well.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Jorge, Thank you for the 5 star review! Happy Swimming!

VX 50 pool cleaner

The cleaner cleaned the floor and walls of the pool easily. There was a lot of leaves and other debris in the pool after all the wind and it made short work of this. The cleaning of the canister was simple and quick also. Would certainly recommend this as a great pool cleaner (so far)

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Don, Thank you for your 5 star review! Happy Swimming.

Fine pool cleaner

I bought a vx50 4wd. Have it for two months. Quiet frequently used (5days a week).

Ability to clean bottom is awesome. (My pool is surrounded by tall trees, a lot of leaves falling during windy days, just throw this thing into the pool, after two hours, bottom is clean)

Ability to clean wall is ok. ( when the robot going up on a wall, it’s fine, however, when it reaches the top of walls, it will still trying to climb higher and suck in a lot of air, so the cleaner starts to float away from the wall)

Therefore, with this machine, to keep your pool spotless, you still need to brush walls once in a while, and clean floating leaves.

At the end, I’m still happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Zodiac

Hi Nick, Thank you for your review. Appreciate the Feedback. Happy Swimming!