Zodiac VX50 4WD

Zodiac VX50 4WD

LOVE IT!

After constantly battling with a hose cleaner which persistently missed corners etc. I moved to the vx50 and I love it! Lovely and clean every time and collects a lot of dust too. To not have a hose in the pool and by only using this 2 or 3 times a week max (for just 1.5 hours!) means I have a super clean, spacious pool all the time. The lift system is also awesome. And the cord doesn't tangle which I worried about. So clever. Thanks Zodiac!

Purchased in December 2018.

Pool Size Average
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning
Hey Dave! Thankyou so much for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Not happy at all

Cleaning was quite effective but after spending a $1500 make sure that you keep your machine in shadyside becouse feded after month and because of tangles cord break easily especially on the way to the machine. The zodiac technician come and blame our 13 yrs old dogs for chewing on the cord and ask us to pay $600 in order to fix it. Our dogs would never do that , they not even able to walk that distance and of course the place where the wacum is kept is fully fanced .So after 8mnt of using and foulty, week cord we left with no option.

Purchased in July 2018.

VX50 4WD

Excellent machine and wish we had purchased one earlier. The pool has never been so clean and the cleaner is so easy to use and clean. I would strongly recommend this unit to any prospective purchaser. Cleans walls and steps with ease and the caddy makes use very easy. Extremely happy with purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Best $1500 spent

We own a VX45 which is a VX50 but without the stand.
We call her Murtle, because she turtles getting out of sticky situations like in corners or on stairs.
We have had Murtle for about 18months and use her at least 3 times a week. You put her in, press start and in 2 1/2 hours you come back to a sparkling clean pool. We try to put her in while the pool filter pump is on so any debris she stirs up goes through the filter. She mightn't get the finest of dust, but if you use a flocculant this will generally fix this problem. The chord has NEVER tangled.
Basically, she is brilliant and we would 100% purchase another exactly the same when she goes.
Basic maintenance, pull her out when you're done, empty the catcher and hose it and the cleaner off.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Gets stuck on the step

My Zodiac VX50 4WD gets stuck on the bottom step. When it does finally manage to get off it puts itself up there again. Half the cleaning time is spent stuck on the step. This is not what I paid it to do? This was an expensive cleaner and it's pretty much useless. Have underwater GoPro video of it which I'll send someone if they wants proof. Wouldn't recommend this cleaner. I want a refund and will be speaking to the retailer that sold it to me. Mick.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
HI Mick. We have received your enquiry and Go Pro Footage and are currently working on the response for you. Thanks.Thank you for responding.Clarification. My Zodiac model is the VX55 4WD Swivel. Unfortunately the site is not allowing me to edit this.

Should have purchased sooner!

I finally purchased the vx50 swivel, I should have purchased it when we put the pool in!
The robot is very easy to use, the lift mechanism is truly genius, I don’t have problems with the cable twisting in the pool if you set it up as per the instructions. I have a rectangular pool with steps and a ledge all the way around, the cleaner works it’s way around the whole pool, walls, steps and over the ledge. I don’t have any trees around the pool area and only get the odd leaf in the pool, but I get a lot of dust/dirt in the pool which the robot picks up very well. Super easy to clean after use and the fine filter does a fantastic job. Truly happy with this purchase

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thank you for the 5 star review! Happy Swimming.

Collects the leaves, but the pool stays dirty.

I have owned my VX50 for 11 months now and although it does a good job of collecting leaves and has not malfunctioned in any way, the pool floor remains dirty.
I had the main pump and sand filter for my pool replaced last year, and I backwash regularly. The water is clear but the fine dirt lays at the bottom of the pool.
After a few months of using the VX50 I decided to purchase a 100 Micron filter to see if it would do a better job than the 200 Micron filter supplied with the unit. It did pick up a little bit more but the pool still remains dirty. The only way I can get the pool clean is to revert back to the old suction hose method.
I did pass on my initial impressions and issues with the dirt to Zodiac but I have had no follow up from them.
At this stage I cannot recommend this product.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi, Please call our Customer Care Team. Our number is 1300 763 021, we can discuss this further. Please mention we asked to call from Product Review. Thanks.

First use absolutely fantastic

Just purchased a zodiac VX50 with some trepidation because I have a track type Zodiac cleaner which was very unsuccessful in my leafy pool but because the dealers are fantastic zodiac dealers in this area I decided to purchase anyway and they were right after the first use I am so impressed that I would recommend them to everyone as as it is absolutely the first thing I have ever bought that has worked straight from the box.
Congratulations Zodiac and In Touch pools and Spa great product and service.

Sanity saver

This pool cleaner is a must have. Easy to use. Easy to clean. I have large trees nearby and very frustrating spending hours to clean the pool. This thing has given my sanity back and I just love it. Very expensive but worth it. If your not sure most pool shops have a demo model. Try it and you won’t look back

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Thorpy! Thank you so much for the 5 star review! So happy to hear that your Cleaner is working so well for you, Enjoy, Happy Swimming!

2 years and still going strong

It’s starting to get warm and getting ready for summer I pulled out our zodiac VX50 4WD (Robbie) and it started working straight away. Pool was clean and ready to swim in after 2 cleans. Robbie has faded a bit in the 2 years that I have had it but can not fault it. Cord tangling with these robots can be an issue but I untangle it after each use and this is not a problem for me. I have a lot of gum trees around the pool so Robbie gets a good workout every 2-3 days. After 2 years I am still very happy with the robot and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good all round cleaner that’s very robust.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Excellent cleaner.. No issues with twisting of cable that some have mentioned.

Does a great job cleaning pool. Easy to set up and operate, does not get stuck and large canister which is simple to clean. Picks up most dirt and debris, but not so good with long leaves and sticks. Generally a well thought out and excellent product. The lift mechanism works well.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Jorge, Thank you for the 5 star review! Happy Swimming!

VX 50 pool cleaner

The cleaner cleaned the floor and walls of the pool easily. There was a lot of leaves and other debris in the pool after all the wind and it made short work of this. The cleaning of the canister was simple and quick also. Would certainly recommend this as a great pool cleaner (so far)

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Don, Thank you for your 5 star review! Happy Swimming.

Fine pool cleaner

I bought a vx50 4wd. Have it for two months. Quiet frequently used (5days a week).

Ability to clean bottom is awesome. (My pool is surrounded by tall trees, a lot of leaves falling during windy days, just throw this thing into the pool, after two hours, bottom is clean)

Ability to clean wall is ok. ( when the robot going up on a wall, it’s fine, however, when it reaches the top of walls, it will still trying to climb higher and suck in a lot of air, so the cleaner starts to float away from the wall)

Therefore, with this machine, to keep your pool spotless, you still need to brush walls once in a while, and clean floating leaves.

At the end, I’m still happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Nick, Thank you for your review. Appreciate the Feedback. Happy Swimming!

Awesome machine

Have had another brand for around seven years and including the cost of purchase and maintenance repairs I would have spent almost $6000.00. Looked for a better return on my investment and decided on Zodiac VX50. Only had it for two days but very impressed with its operation, even climbs four steps which my other one couldn't.
Very easy to setup and climbs 1.8 walls with no trouble. Pool is 18 mts long and L shaped and the VX50, (nicknamed Thorpee) has no problems and I am surprised how much sand and dust has been deposited in the pool and collected. I would recommend this model.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Daryl. Thank you for your 5 star review, So happy to hear that you are loving your VX50 4WD, Happy Swimming!

Happy with second Zodiac VX

Very happy. Had a previous model for 4 years. This model has improvements like cleaning water line and sides better. Less floating on water top when doing so. Cleans leaves and dirt very quickly. We put the extra fine basket in this one and it catches more for sure. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Elise, Thank you so much for your 5 star review. Happy Swimming!

Could be better

I have had my cleaner since October 2016 and have been meaning to write this review for some time.
We have just built in a new residential area so there is not much debris however we have a lot of dust that settles in the bottom of the pool. I mentioned this to the dealer at time of purchase, and he was adamant the cleaner would do as suggested, how wrong he was. All the cleaner did was disturb the dust whilst in use and after a few hours it would settle again.
Went back to the dealer and forked out another $70 for the 100 micron filter. This did help a little, however as mentioned in some of the other posts, the cleaners gets confused when set to walls and it tends to fall on its back and stay there. I have to brush the walls first and then set it to floor only!!
My biggest gripe is the chord, it tangles so badly no matter how many times you untwist it. As soon as it is done i dry the chord and attempt to store away neatly but to no avail. I really wish they would fix this issue as it seems to be a concern for other users.
If you have large debris and leaves in your pool then this cleaner will work fine, however if you have alot of dust then i would suggest a different alternative.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi, Thank you for your review. May I ask if you have contacted our Customer Care team or would like to discuss this issue with us?hi, i have not had the chance to contact the customer care team, i would like to discuss the matter futherHi, Can you PM your details or send us an Inbox on our Facebook page. Thanks.

VX50 with swivel

Cleans leaves and sand from floor really well. Leaves a small amount in corners. Gets a bit confused on walls and steps but OK as I use the "floor only" setting.
Very easy to use and empty. Lift setting is very useful. Trolley really good.
I also bought a 100micron filter but may not need it as normal filter appears to remove everything.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Thanks for the review Ross, Happy Swimming!

Product Registraion

Purchased the VX50 swivel product, very happy, good product. Somehow the product is registered with no swivel, as a result I get a $100 cash back instead of $150

Not so happy with Zodiac who ignore my emails to change the registration details and provide the correct cash back amount

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Chris W, thanks for the 5 star review. Sorry for the confusion regarding the recent Cash Back promotion. Both models of the VX50 4WD with or without swivel is eligible for a $100 Cash Back. The $150 was only available for the iQ model. If you have any further enquires regarding the Cash Back promotion, please contact apac.communications@zodiac.com. Thanks!

Excellent product - but totally let down by cord tangling

I've had Zodiac Barracuda, MX8 and I have to say that the VX50 is the best pool cleaner ever.
Sadly however, unknown to me, I was sold a superceded model that does not have the swivel cord and it just wants to keep on tangling, each and every time.
Took the matter up direct with Zodiac and basically was told "so sad / too bad" and..... they want $330 plus labour to replace the cord with a swivel cord - even after I have paid over $1400 - poor support for a loyal customer!!
The difference between the superceded model and the current model - the swivel cord!!
Obviously a design defect - superceded models should have been removed from sale!!
I will be reluctant to buy Zodiac again!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Update - Zodiac kindly offered to replace my VX50 with the newer model VX50 with swivel cable, at no further cost to me. I'm very happy to rate the new model with the swivel cable as 5 starsHi, thank you for the Update. We are glad to hear that we could sort this out for you, thanks.

The water becomes murky

The cable get tangled very easily. But that's Ok. I'm fine with this problem.
It's very efficient in collecting big dirt like leaves or branches. But it stills up water and small dirt. The water then become very murky.
Maybe I should buy CX20 instead, or CX35? (I want less use of sand filter.)

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Frank, is your pool prone to lots of fine debris and dust? It sounds like you may need a 100 micron filter canister. This is an accessory filter canister which is best suited for fine debris. This can be purchased from any Zodiac retailer. Zodiac Part Number is: R0636600. Robotic pool cleaners are maintenance products and shouldn't be used to substitute a filtration system. Please feel free to contact the Customer Service team at 1300 763 021 if you have any further questions. Thanks!I also purchased 100 micron filter canister. Almost no use. How can it catch the dust when the dust is stirred up? It doesn't matter whether it's 100 micron filter or 200. I think it's a major design flaw.

Could you let me know how long we should run the zodiac for in an ground concrete pool measuring 22 feet by 11 feet by 4 feet deep (Capacity 27,000 litres)? We have been using the default times of 1 hour 30 minutes for base only and 2 hours 30 minutes for base and walls but these seem to be more than is needed.
I would steer clear of running it for 2 hours 30. The shorter length should be fine. I would also set it to the shorter clean time unless like mine it gets stuck on a step for one third of the cleaning cycle. There is a video from Zodiac on YouTube which says don't put it on wall mode unless necessary. I would suggest this reduces the work-load the motor has to do?

Would like to know if any of the reviewers have jacaranda tree debris in their pool? The long thin brittle stems from, I think that he flower stalks keep the rotating inner wheel on my Hayward cac from working. Would like to know if VX55 would work better without the clogging up.
Not sure about jacarandas but the cleaner works well on gum tree debris including leaves, small bits of twig and gum nuts.Hi Carolyn, not sure about a jacaranda - might be best to give zodiac a call on that one.

Do you have to use the pool filter as much if you have the zodiac vx50?
Pool filter is still run twice a day in QLD. Cleaner put in and used as required. Not always daily. Depends on weather/wind.Hi Scott,I still use the filter for the same amount of time, twice daily as our pool is salt water. To be honest having used the cleaner a few times now, I’m kicking myself for not having bought one sooner. Regards Donthanks guy for the info i will have to get one as have the old creepy crawly and it is just creepy now now crawly.

Similar listings