Zoom Travel Insurance

Zoom Travel Insurance (page 2 of 3)

Comprehensive, Frequent Traveller, Standard, etc...

4.2

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (9) · No (2)
Julie

JulieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Clear Communication Great Service

Easy to have policy cancelled and get a credit for future travel. Quick response to my email and
I felt that who I dealt with understood my situation. It was great to get a credit on the policy as they
legally could have cancelled it without doing this.

AJC

AJCSydney, NSW

Great customer service

Whilst I have not yet used the policy, we had to rearrange due to CoVid travel restrictions. The team were very understanding and professional in offering a credit voucher with an 18 month duration. So, one less thing to worry about. Great service

Jenny

JennySydney, NSW

Always helpful and cheerful

I have used Zoom many times. Easy on-line process. Always helpful and cheerful on the phone. During this trying time Harriet got back to my email within 24 hrs. Good result I have been given a credit note for 18 months for my postponed trip.

Harry B.

Harry B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Travel Insurance

We were unable to utilise the Zoom travel insurance because of the Covid-19 pandemic. As with most travel insurances, pandemics are not covered. Zoom was therefore not obliged to refund the money. It was obviously very disappointing not to get money refunded, however upon a request for refund of policy premium, we feel Zoom have acted fairly in offering a credit voucher to the value of our premium.
This has been much appreciated. Harriet has been very prompt, friendly and efficient to deal with.

David Collinson

David CollinsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very helpful and compassionate Company

Easy to arrange and professional and we were first time zoom customers .we would recommend zoom to others We felt that the policy was of reasonable value and all employees we dealt with was polite, responsive and helpful.

Maureen

MaureenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful service and very professional

The policy was very good value and easy to set up.
I have used zoom previously and found them exceptional in their assistance. Our trip had to be canceled due to ill health and the whole fares were refunded to us.

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeNo
Regina S.

Regina S.Perth, WA

Truly reliable and prompt in dealings

Was unable to travel to a Europe due to a Covid-19.
Very quickly was able to get a credit for my insurance to use within 18 months as I had not used the policy to claim.Zoom made the whole business so quick and simple. Not common these days.

fred font

fred fontMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

great end result

after our world trip was cancelled due to covid, and after the 14 days cooling off clause, I really did not expect anything from Zoom, but was very surprised indeed. They answered emails the same day, and offered an immediate credit voucher with 450 days to use. I was more than satisfied with this result.

Narelle

NarelleMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent response

1st time with zoom travel cancellation due to corona credit note issued We would highly recommend Zoom and will be sure to pass on to family and friends will definitely using in future

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Narelle, thanks so much for your positive feedback. We strive for customer service excellence and would love you to recommend us to your family and friends looking for travel insurance in the future.

Warm regards,
Eva | Customer Service

Find out how Zoom Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Cheap and helped out during Covid drama

They were quick and easy to deal with when requesting a credit during the Covid epidemic. Not to mention they are really cheap. Would definitely recommend to friends and family for any type of travel

rapuGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No Cover (read the fine print), No Trip and No Refund

Two policies brought last year, one for travel in May 20202 and the other in June 2020, obviously everything is canceled. In the fine print, you will note a Pandemic is not covered, most other insurers cover this event, NOT Zoom. So I thought a refund would be an obvious thing to request as the policy would NOT be used, just like any other insurance, say a car if you sell it you get a refund on your insurance, NOT with Zoom and I don't want credit. Maybe I need insurance for the insurance policy, I might run this by consumer affairs.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe
Claim MadeNo
Annie

AnnieSydney, NSW

Taking advantage of the corona virus.

Paid for my travel insurance and then my cruise was cancelled due to the travel restrictions. It was a few days outside of the 14 day cooling off period and yet they still refused to cancel the insurance and refund. Advised I will not be taking a cruise within the next 12 months but this company doest not care. They are taking advantage of an unfortunate situation. Very disappointing deserve negative stars.

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Changed policy after purchased!!!

Atty. C.

Atty. C.Sydney, NSW

Do not buy travel insurance. Worst claim process and customer service

2x Claims Processed and Approved

Good Value Overall, and claims process is easy enough. Covered damage to rental car excess and a lost tent (each with seperate excess). I will be using these guys again.

They suck - AVOID

If you do not own your phone, DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS COMPANY. They only cover people who own their phone, which in this day is minimum people. The policy was horrible value as I feel like I would’ve been better off not purchasing insurance at all. It’s taken 2 weeks to be advised my claim was denied. Once, and will never go through them again.

Haroon Ali K.

Haroon Ali K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dodgy Insurance

So happy

I've always gone with my credit card insurance in the past, but I needed extra cover for my cruise. Zoom Travel Insurance were by far the cheapest I could find and their website was super easy to use. I'll definitely be using for all my trips from now on and have already recommended to lots of friends. Thank you!

Mike

MikeSydney, NSW

Fantastic Travel Insurance

My friends and I recently used Zoom Travel Insurance for our trip to Hawaii, and it was great. The signup process was quick and easy, they answered all the questions we had, and the price was better than anywhere else we looked. It let us enjoy our trip without worrying about something going wrong. I'll definitely be using them for my next trip.

Cruisey cover

Just used Zoomtravelinsurance.com.au for my recent country music cruise around the Pacific. Thanks to Ben in the customer service team for his friendly manner who helped me with all my questions. Their cover was cheaper than any other provider I could find. Thanks Zoom!

Jennifer Cashel

Jennifer Cashelasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

I had a trip overseas booked for 7 of September 2020 to the 5th of October 2020 it was canceled due to the COVID I have been trying to get in touch with zoom travel insurance for months by phone and by email to my refund and they have not replied my email is busman366@outlook.com my policy number is z-c125615 it was issued 4/2/2020for $492.70
I really wish they would get in touch with me because I am beginning to think that they are not reliable?
Raymond Cashel

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Raymond (or Jennifer), Thanks for your query.

Sorry to hear about your trip being cancelled. During these challenging times and the extraordinary circumstances of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and travel bans, we are offering flexible options for our customers.

You can change the dates or amend your policy start date to be up to 12 months (365 days) in advance of your policy issue date. If you're unable to travel within this timeframe, or you are unsure when you may travel again, you may be eligible for a travel insurance credit so that you can buy a policy when the time is right for travel and you've confirmed your new details.

You can learn more about the credit voucher terms here: https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic/covid-19-credit-voucher-terms

I have looked up your policy and our email communications and we don't seem to have received any emails from you. I will have have someone from our customer service team contact you within the next few days.

Warm regards, Natalie | Social Media Team

Patrick

Patrickasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

Is zoom travel insurance still operating since their website is down and telephone is playing a message that call can not be answered due to technical dificulties.

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Patrick, Yes we are still operating. Unfortunately, we're experiencing some technical difficulties this morning. Our development team are working their socks off to fix it. Bear with us and we should be back online within the hour.

Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we're experiencing a very high volume of enquiries so the best way to reach us at the moment is via email info@zoomtravelinsurance.com.au.

Warmest regards,
Natalie

Jim Lee

Jim Leeasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

Do your travel insurance cover overseas visitors to Australia?

Hi Jim,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. As you can imagine, we have been experiencing an extremely high volume of enquiries in relation to covid-19, the resultant travel bans and the impact that this is having on many Australians travel plans.

The best way to reach us is via our customer service team directly, rather than a third party website. You can find our contact details here: https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/contact-us

To answer your question, unfortunately not. We only provide cover for Australian residents.

I hope you managed to find the cover that you were looking for.

Warm regards,

Emergency Dental$500$500$500Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000$3,000$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$50 per day, up to $2,500$5,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot Included$10,400Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$25,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot Included$250Not Included
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot Included$250Not Included
Credit Card FraudNot Included$2,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$5,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$2,000$5,000Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$7,500$7,500$7,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,500,000$5,000,000$5,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included