Zoom Travel Insurance

Comprehensive, Frequent Traveller, Standard, etc...

4.2

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
Sim

SimSydney, NSW

No refund but travel voucher given instead

After booking a comprehensive policy a while back and then not being able to travel due to the pandemic I was hoping to get a refund for the policy as some other companies are offering. Zoom offered a travel voucher instead which is valid for 18 months. I'm reasonably happy with that and hope we get to use it in time though I would have preferred a refund. I think the 14 day cooling off period shouldn't be applied when you have no option to complete your travel arrangements due to a government shutdown. I appreciate the company doesn't want to lose money but we have lost a lot on this trip, a good option would be to offer a refund if the travel voucher cannot be used in time in my opinion.

William

WilliamSydney, NSW

Unable to travel. Received fair treatment.

My wife & I were unable to travel due to Corona Virus shut-downs, & have not been able to test Zoom with any claim. Our policy appeared to be good value, & was very easy to set up. Whilst we would have preferred pro-active comms from Zoom, & refund for service which cannot be provided, we are satisfied with the credit vouchers we were issued, & hope we can utilise them if we are able to re-organise a trip similar to the one we missed out on.

Harry B.

Harry B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Travel Insurance

We were unable to utilise the Zoom travel insurance because of the Covid-19 pandemic. As with most travel insurances, pandemics are not covered. Zoom was therefore not obliged to refund the money. It was obviously very disappointing not to get money refunded, however upon a request for refund of policy premium, we feel Zoom have acted fairly in offering a credit voucher to the value of our premium.
This has been much appreciated. Harriet has been very prompt, friendly and efficient to deal with.

Travel Insurance

Find out how Zoom Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

CJL69

CJL69South East Queensland, QLD

Issues Resolved Effectively Thanks

We had an issue which was resolved effectively and efficiently. They tool all factors into consideration and communication was maintained throughout the process. Fair and reasonable company overall thank you.

Jennifer Cashel

Jennifer Cashelasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

I had a trip overseas booked for 7 of September 2020 to the 5th of October 2020 it was canceled due to the COVID I have been trying to get in touch with zoom travel insurance for months by phone and by email to my refund and they have not replied my email is busman366@outlook.com my policy number is z-c125615 it was issued 4/2/2020for $492.70
I really wish they would get in touch with me because I am beginning to think that they are not reliable?
Raymond Cashel

Patrick

Patrickasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

Is zoom travel insurance still operating since their website is down and telephone is playing a message that call can not be answered due to technical dificulties.

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Patrick, Yes we are still operating. Unfortunately, we're experiencing some technical difficulties this morning. Our development team are working their socks off to fix it. Bear with us and we should be back online within the hour.

Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we're experiencing a very high volume of enquiries so the best way to reach us at the moment is via email info@zoomtravelinsurance.com.au.

Warmest regards,
Natalie

Jim Lee

Jim Leeasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

Do your travel insurance cover overseas visitors to Australia?

Hi Jim,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. As you can imagine, we have been experiencing an extremely high volume of enquiries in relation to covid-19, the resultant travel bans and the impact that this is having on many Australians travel plans.

The best way to reach us is via our customer service team directly, rather than a third party website. You can find our contact details here: https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/contact-us

To answer your question, unfortunately not. We only provide cover for Australian residents.

I hope you managed to find the cover that you were looking for.

Warm regards,

Emergency Dental$500$500$500Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000$3,000$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot Included$50 per day, up to $2,500$5,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot Included$10,400Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$25,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot Included$250Not Included
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot Included$250Not Included
Credit Card FraudNot Included$2,000 as part of Travel Documents cover$5,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not Included$2,000$5,000Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$7,500$7,500$7,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$2,500,000$5,000,000$5,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included