Filter By:

Very good travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Value for money was quite good considering the cover required.
It was a straightforward easy to understand policy.
Online claim process was very good. Would use the same policy next time I travel overseas.

Never leave home without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Policy was very easy to take out online. Staff were very helpful and knowledgeable when speaking over the phone. Always looking for the best options for their customers. Excellent customer service.

Good Claims Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Had a claim after our recent trip the was settled very quickly without any fuss. We've used 1Cover for a lot of out overseas travel without any hassles at all.

Perth

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Insurance claim made

There when they were needed.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

We have used 1Cover travel insurance several times for our overseas trips, the most recent being late in 2017. The policies have always been easy to set up online and represented good value for money. Our last journey was to be to India in October but unfortunately my wife became ill three days before we were to travel. Following a visit to her doctor she was declared unfit to travel and we had to cancel the whole trip and made a claim. 1Cover stood by their policy and us and paid out the full amount of our claim apart from a small excess. Excellent communication and support from 1Cover staff and we cannot speak too highly of their service. Thanks guys for being there when you were needed.

Excellent insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Thankfully didn't need it. But was a great peace of mind knowing that it was there. The policy was very easy to set up. We have used 1cover before and made a claim which was made with no trouble at all. Will always use 1cover.

holiday safety

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Hi, thank goodness I didnt have to use insurance, but I think very good value for your money. it was very easy toset up and no hassles and very easy to understand. I have used this company now for my 3 holidays and all overseas. Will definitely use this again on my next holiday.
cheers

Prompt service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

We took out a 12 month worldwide policy and so thankful for it. This is the second claim in that period and both times were relatively simple and fuss free! Thankyou!

Excellent cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Value for money have used travel lnsurance for many years with no problems guide lines easy to under stand and easy to set up and never had to ring for support thanks 1cover

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Merilyn, Glad you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. It's always encouraging to hear such nice words from a satisfied and loyal customer. Thank you for choosing 1Cover ... read more »

Thanks for being supportive and I meant all everything I wrote thanks again .

Adelaide

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Perfect for frequent traveler like me, recommended for family and friends.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

I purchase this for domestic travel, I went to Sydney for Christmas Holiday and my luggage got damage due to stairs accident, and I made a claim for luggage repair and its easy and fast, Their price are affordable too.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Maria, Domestic travel insurance can be just as important as Overseas travel insurance, and certianly on this trip it came in handy for you. It means so much when we hear a customer tell us ho... read more »

Great prices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

Easy to set up policy online, very satisfied customer, great value for the policy that I purchased
Thank you 1 cover for showing an interest in feedback , I think this makes you different from the other companies

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Gabbi, We like to think we're different from other insurance companies, so thank you for such kind words. I'm glad you found the policy to be good value and that you are happy with the service ... read more »

Easy to get and good coverage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

It is easy to get on line and has good coverage options. Information about coverage is easy to read. I forgot to include a country that I was visiting and they were very helpful in updating my policy.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Alison, I'm so glad to hear that our team were so efficient in amending your policy and that you were happy with the level of cover and service. We hope you had a great time on your trip and we... read more »

Great service and price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

Policy was easy to understand and setup.Paid a claim very quickly and with minimal fuss
Will deal with them again when we decide to travel , customer support was excellent, great job!!!

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Smithy, I am so pleased that we could assist with your claim and that you found the process easy and straightforward with no complications. Also that you were so pleased with our customer servi... read more »

Always competitive and reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

Easy selection and no hang Ups. Could always offer specials later but never overpriced. Why would you look anywhere else when you have a easy one stop shop right at your hands.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lyndan, Glad to hear that you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. It means so much when we hear a customer tell us how happy they are with our customer service/pricing... read more »

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

The must have Travel Insurance provider !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

The policy is a must have when traveling for piece of mind alone and is very good value. The policy is very simple to set up online and gives all the information and price before purchase. The customer support person Sarah was great with her assistance to my inquiry and the ease in making a claim. The claim was settled in quick time.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi JDP, It's great to hear our policies helped provide you with peace of mind while on your trip. It's fantastic to know our customers can relax because of their cover. I'm glad you found our custo... read more »

Claim paid without problem

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Our flight back from Bali was delayed 24 hours due to Mt Agung eruption.
I made a claim for one nights accomadation and all meals during that 24 hours.
The claim was paid out promptly.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Brian, It's great to hear that your claim was paid so promptly and that you were happy with your level of cover, the additional accommodation and travel expenses benefit is certainly a necessit... read more »

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Great customer service, easy to file claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I have chosen 1Cover several times for my travels and have always found the customer service excellent, the prices great, and I recently (unfortunately) had to make a claim. The claim process is simple and the response was quick.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Karyne, I'm so happy that you were satisfied with our customer service team and found our prices competitive. It's always encouraging to hear positive feedback particularly in regards to our cl... read more »

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Great rates and easy to use website. I use 1 cover every time I travel and wouldn’t consider going elsewhere, great customer service and easy and fast to get in contact with

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Megan, Glad you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. It's always encouraging to hear such nice words from a satisfied and loyal customer. Thank you for choosing 1Cover a... read more »

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Easy to purchase, not so great claim process or cover

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Policy was easy to purchase and process to extend when airline changes occurred was very easy.
Claims process was frustrating to say the least, despite uploading all documents through the online portal i was still required to provide more information on 2 separate occasions. Little to no communication was made with me in between (not even to acknowledge receipt of docs) and the whole process took nearly a month.

To then have part of the claim denied as it resulted from the cancellation of a flight, I realise that this is in your PDS, however I will not be use your cover again as this is a situation that occurs regularly overseas. We lost $800 for 2 tickets to an ice hockey game after our flight from New Orleans to Las Vegas was cancelled after 5 hours of delays, too late to book any alternatives.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Samantha, I am sorry your claims outcomes wasn't as you had hoped, I can appreciate that you're disappointed with the wording or structure of our policy document and the circumstances in which ... read more »

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Excellent customer service when you need it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I had to make numerous outpatient, doctor and pharmacy claims on a recent trip in Slovenia. 1Cover kept in contact with me throughout this time. I chose to pay the accounts up front and on my return 1Cover paid all my accounts promptly, in full and with no questions asked - even one account where I didn't have complete paperwork of a doctor's visit.
One hint - I would definitely take out 'zero' excess if you can afford it. Some of my claims were under $100 which wouldn't have been claimable if I hadn't taken out zero excess.
1Cover are a great travel insurance company when you need it!

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Noelene, Sorry to hear about your illness while overseas. I hope you are recovering well. Huge thanks for your nice review and continued loyalty, it means the world to us knowing you think so ... read more »

Very good service!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Very prompt payment as soon as I had all my documentary evidence sent to Customer Support.
I am very satisfied with the service 1Cover have provided.
I will be taking travel insurance with 1Cover in the future.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi El Mariachi, It's always encouraging to hear that we are providing our customers with exceptional service and prompt payments. We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to s... read more »

1 of 164 pages

I have booked a cruise for my son and his wife as a surprise birthday gift. The cruise is in Australian waters and only for 4 nights. Am I able to buy travel insurance for them without them knowing? That is, can I use my contact details (phone number & email addrss) on the policy?

Shortz asked on Jan 12, 2018

Do you cover full medical expenses for over 70s travelling doing a fly/cruise to Antarctica / Sth America?

Mal B. asked on Jan 11, 2018

Answer this

Hi Mal,
This is certainly something that we can offer. We do ask if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, we have 35 conditions that can be automatically covered without charge and any others we can do a quick assessment over the phone for you. If you would like to get a quote and have a chat with one of our friendly call centre representatives who can explain the cover for you please give us a call on 1300 368 344. Thanks Sophie@1Cover

Hi. My bro & I are travelling to Thai (Bangkok) mid Jan-2 Feb for dental treatment (dental implants). Can we get insured for this & other such as medical, luggage etc. Kind regards, Kaz

Kazza asked on Dec 20, 2017

Answer this

Hi Kazza,
I apologise for the delay in response. We are unable to offer cover related to planned treatments but you would still have a provision to claim for unrelated unforeseen injury or illness and all other benefits of the policy.
Sophie@1Cover