Filter By:

Always use 1 Cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

We received excellent assistance in setting up our recent travel insurance. We have previously insured through 1 Cover and don't require the need to use any other company.
1 Cover is also used by family members.

Ferntree Gully

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Insurance claim made

Thank you for your help!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

We just returned from Hawaii, where my wife and I both had medical issues. 1Cover were supportive and caring, and processed our claims without any problems. I'd have no hesitation in using them again, and recommend them to anyone travelling.

Verified Purchase

Good insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

I always ensure I have travel insurance taken out once I start the booking process just to make sure I am covered should anything eventuate. When looking at policies, I spend a lot of time analysing what cover is provided against the cost of the policy. 1Cover Travel Insurance came out on top for all incidents covered & the level of cover provided. Taking out the policy was very easy online. Whilst I have never had to make a claim, it appears the process is a straight forward one.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Donald, Glad you found our policies came out on top from all of your research. It's always encouraging to know that taking out the policy was so easy. Thank you for choosing 1Cover and for ta... read more »

Always use 1cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

Easy to use and best value for money. We have always used 1 cover insurance for travel. We use family comprehensive. I have claimed in the past and it was excellent

Insurance claim made

Do Not Bother with 1Cover!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Where do i start.
I booked a holiday to Bali, which i was super excited about. I am a 25 year old female.
I recently had a death in the family, and also starting getting sudden fainting, dizzy spells and irregular heart beats, also a high amount of anxiety & depression. My doctor has recommended i see a neurologist and heart specialist and to not travel until further tests have been done. The waiting list for these are quiet long, meaning i can not travel when i was supposed too. I emailed 1 cover, they asked for a letter from the flights w
ith the loss of money and a letter from my doctor.. sent both.. apparently the letter from the doctor was not good enough and they wanted more details. So, second trip to the doctors i went and got the letter with the information they asked for. Waiting a few days, got another email.. still not good enough and has now sent a 5 page form my doctor has to fill out! why was i not sent this to begin with? This has now cost me 3 trips to the doctors, money, time and stress. I should of been notified from the beginning what i needed but every time they add on MORE that i need that was not requested previously.
They really do not care, do not waste your time using 1cover. I am going to the ombudsman in a few days if this isn't resolved.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Candice, Sorry to hear that a family member has recently passed, I can only imagine how difficult this has been for you. It’s perfectly understandable that you’re upset about what has happene... read more »

Just right insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

This is the second time I have used 1 cover insurance and find it very easy to set up and use. For a family of 3 it is fantastic value.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Allison, Huge thanks for your nice review and continued loyalty, it means the world to us knowing you think so highly of our service. Glad to know you find our policies good value also. We loo... read more »

Verified Purchase

Simple sign up and medical check.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Good value, pre-existing medical condition covered with a simple form and questionnaire to fill in. Didn't have to make a claim so cannot comment on that side of the service.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Iain, It's great to know that you found our policies good value and our pre-existing medical application process was simple. It's encouraging to hear that we are providing the exceptional servic... read more »

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

The 1Cover you can trust for your trip

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I felt I received great value for money with my travel insurance, which I purchased easily over the phone. I needed information while I was away and found I received great support over the phone. I placed my claim online 2 days after arriving back from my trip (which was very user friendly) I received notice of my processed claims within 2 days. Amazing service and will definitely use 1Cover next time I travel.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sharon, I'm glad you found our customer service team offered great support over the phone, we always strive to offer exceptional service. I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the outco... read more »

Insurance claim made

We use one cover every time we travel

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

Yes good value
Very easy
We have just had to make a claim for stolen property while on a holiday, on returning I filed a claim. I received courteous, professional help. Within a week I received a response detailing our refund payment

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Mogens, Huge thanks for the kind words and continuing loyalty, it is fantastic to hear such positive feedback from happy customers. I am so pleased that we could assist with your claim and tha... read more »

Good value Travel insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

Policy good value however dcould not be done online as we had group of 10, however transaction was relatively easy via phone conversation. Would be more convenient if it could be done online. Very satisfied with customer service.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Aron, Glad you found our policies good value and you were happy with our legendary customer service - it's our #1 goal. It's always encouraging to hear such nice words from a satisfied customer.... read more »

Always used 1Cover, until we had to make a claim....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

We have used 1Cover for multiple overseas trips at a very competitive cost, not until we had to make a claim, did we find out why...
Took out a comprehensive international cover for a trip to Hawaii. Luggage for two of our party went missing for 4 days, with medications included. We were told that because we were traveling as 1 adult and 2 children, we were not classed as a family, OUCH! (We didn't know to check the 'family' box, apparently)
We were told we had $200 each cover to replace essentials. Not until we got home did we find out tha
t, that was $200AUD, not USD, which is what we spent it in and then we're told it was $200AUD TOTAL, not each! with a $100 excess, which we thought we had eliminated with an extra payment. We didn't bother to make a claim as we would have been further out of pocket for a $100AUD return. I assume this is what they prey on.
It seems we did for medical, which I got nothing back for, after spending $250USD for a doctor to get scripts for missing medications and the medications themselves.
We are traveling next year, I will NOT buy insurance from 1Cover, they've lost a long time customer.
Your insurance is only as good, until you have to make a claim, not how much the premium costs.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. We always strive to create a positive customer experience, so it’s disappointing to hear that this has not been your case. We provide a... read more »

Happy customers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

Good value policy for 2 people. Easy to set up online and when I forgot to add the countries that we stopped over in on our policy, it was very easy to email and get them added. Very quick service. Thankfully there was no need to make a claim and will definitely use 1cover again for our next trip in December!

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lauren, Thanks so much for your continued support, it means so much knowing the confidence and trust you have placed in us. We'll do our best to continue to give you the kind of service that you... read more »

1 of 237 pages

We travel a lot and are thinking of taking your annual comprehensive travel insurance. Recently due to a personal circumstance we had to cancel an upcoming cruise and our insurance company would not refund our deposit, saying it was our choice to cancel and outside their permitters. What is 1Covers policy with travel cancellations?Is the annual policy a good idea when we travel a bit?

Dawni D asked on Jul 09, 2017

Hi Dawni,

Our Annual Multi-trip is designed for frequent travellers, allowing an unlimited number of trips per year, so long as each trip is no longer than 90 days in duration (ie you return to Australia every 90 days or sooner). Cancelation cover is included as standard, to an unlimited amount! It covers you for unforeseen events, such as natural disasters, sickness, family emergencies etc. You can see how it works here https://www.1cover.com.au/assets/pdf/1Cover-AU-Standard-PDS_20170517.pdf

Alternatively, you can call our super-friendly customer service team on 1300 126 837 - 8am-8pm (AEST).

Thanks for your question,
Andrew @1Cover

Hello, I play a few sports and I was wondering , on the off chance, that i happened to get seriously injured and couldn't board the flight ... would the flight/ holiday that has been paid for, be covered? Thank you

Samantha asked on Jul 07, 2017

Answer this

Hi Samantha, have I understood correctly....if you were injured in Australia playing sport and your doctor confirmed you couldn't fly, would you have provision to claim for your flight, hotel and tour expenses? Providing you had insurance before your injury, ....yes, this would fall under cancellation cover. Thanks Andrew @1Cover

Who is the underwriter for your travel insurance?

PAA asked on Jul 06, 2017

Answer this

We are underwritten by Lloyds - one of the oldest Insurers in the world (335 years old!). We are Australia's #1 Travel Insurer, have over 1.5 million customers, our own Claims Team, 24/7 Worldwide Emergency Assistance, local call centers in Sydney & Brisbane.....I could go on :) Please feel free to give us a call with any other questions - 1300 126 837. thanks Andrew

See all 168 questions about 1Cover Travel Insurance