Filter By:

Excellent Cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

We have taken out travel insurance with 1 cover each and every time we have travelled overseas and have always felt confortable knowing that our cover taken out is the best for us. We had a small medical claim which was settled within a week or so,, Excellent service.

Changed my cover easily with one email

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

When I originally bought my cover I was only going to 2 countries but my friends changed their mind at the last minute and added a new country (yay) but I realised I had to change my cover so I emailed 1Cover as I didn't want to be stuck on the phone and they changed it easily, without charging me extra also. It only took a day, very happy!

Easy Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

Policy excellent value did my comparisons obviously
Easy to arrange even for pensioners
Never had to claim but if I did with them asking if I have claim when I return makes it easy
Will definately use them again

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Thanks Lewin, Shirley & 1Cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I have used 1Cover for a few years and when I needed them, they were there. A case of dengue fever saw me in a Thai hospital but I had 1Cover on the phone each day. Lewin from admin and Shirley the nurse, phoned each day to see how I was progressing and even after being discharged from the hospital I heard from both Lewin and Shirley. My sincere thanks to both of these people and to 1Cover, who paid all expenses without fuss or delay.

1Cover is the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

I have been a customer of 1Cover for many years, as I think they are best value for money. I recently had an incident in Canada, where I was hospitalised. 1Cover took care of everything. I can't speak highly enough on how they supported my family and myself during the incident. The claim process was very timely and professionally handled

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tony, Sorry to hear of your recent hospitalisation, I hope it hasn't put you off going back to Canada. I’m so glad that our 24/7 emergency assistance team could help you out. After all, that i... read more »

Verified Customer

Very happy with the level of service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

The policy is very easy to set up and good value. I was pleasantly surprised to get a reminder toward the end of my holiday to extend my cover if I was going to be away for longer than originally planned.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Cheryl, Glad you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. It's always encouraging to hear such nice words from a satisfied and loyal customer. Thank you for choosing 1Cover ... read more »

Insurance claim made

Best insurance company I have ever dealt with!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

Excellent value
Very easy to set up - all online
Amazing customer service including assistance finding doctors whilst overseas and making a nurse available to talk to. I will definitely be using 1 Cover again.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kelly, Big thanks for the kind words and continuing loyalty, it means the world to us. I am so pleased that we could assist with your overseas medical situation and I hope you are recovering w... read more »

Best and easiest insurance process I've ever had.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

Amazing value for money and most professional customer service I've had when dealing with insurance. We had a complex quote needed and it was no problem at all for them. Highly recommend.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ross, Glad you found our policies competitive and our customer service was professional. It's always encouraging to hear such nice words from a satisfied customer. Thank you for choosing 1Cove... read more »

Insurance claim made

Air France strike and change of transport

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

On a recent overseas trip Air France cancelled my flight with just a few hours notice due to pilot strike action. I managed to get to my destination by train. ICover refunded the cost of my train ticket without any fuss.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi John, Those pesky pilot strikes are frustrating. Glad you were happy with our service and that we could assist with your claim. Thank you for choosing 1Cover and for taking the time to leave us ... read more »

Verified Customer

No refunds for early return home from travelling.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2017

We've always been very happy with 1Cover insurance, we've used it four years running now. But when we were forced to come home early from our holiday 3 weeks ahead of schedule, 1Cover would not refund us those 3 weeks we had paid for (we originally took out a 5 week policy). It was a flat no, not even a conversation to be had about the circumstances. Very disappointing. I think 1Cover needs to revisit their policy in regard to this - life is very unpredictable.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kiri, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback. You are correct, once a policy has started is 'has being used' then it cannot be refunded. However, if you came h... read more »

Perth

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Best travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

"The true test of an insurance policy is when you actually make a claim. I couldn't fault 1Cover. Easy, cost effective, professional and efficient. They really look after you when it matters.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Annie, It's not every day that someone calls us the best insurance company! Thank you for the kind words. It's always encouraging to hear that we are continuing to provide a reliable and affor... read more »

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Brilliant service, 1Cover management should be extremely proud of their customer service staff, who provided the service over the phone within minutes before our departure. Many thanks again. I wish I took her name On that day.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Prem, Thank you for the lovely words. We are very proud of our customer service team. We see how hard they work every day to provide legendary customer service for our customers. We are very luc... read more »

Very convenient service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Policy was easy to set up and was best value offfered. I have used 1 cover insurance many times but never lodged any claims, therefore no experience to comment on further.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Massimo, I'm glad that you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. Travel insurance is certainly the safety net every traveller needs. Thank you for choosing 1Cover and for... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

The policy covers everything required, good value and easy to set up and we used it the second time. No claims this time however the claims lodged last time were dealt with professionally and without any issues, hassles or delays.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Andrea, I am pleased that we could assist with your previous claim and that you found the process easy and straightforward with no complications. Happy customers are our number one goal! Hope ... read more »

Review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Easy to access and buy online, Affordable top cover meeting all of my requirements in travel insurance. Have never had to make a claim so unable to comment on this side of it.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Leanne, Glad to hear that you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. It means so much when we hear a customer tell us how happy they are with our policies. Thank you for cho... read more »

Good travel insurance - first time user

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Policy very easy to set up. Good value for money. We will use again . Thank you. As we didn't make a claim I cannot comment on customer support. Will recommend.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi James, The first of many we hope :) I'm glad that you found our policies competitive and our service easy to use. Thank you for choosing 1Cover and for taking the time to recommend our company t... read more »

A wonderful policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Good value policy for my European trip as a grey nomad. The policy was set up on screen, with existing medical conditions cover a day later. The Customer Support was great. I lost nothing, but the comfort of having cover made the trip so much breezier.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Garry, It's great to know that our policies helped provide you peace of mind while on your trip. I'm glad that you found our policies competitive and our customer service team was great. Travel... read more »

Retired ticking off the bucket list trsvelling a lot. No claims but talk to other traveller who have

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

Love using the online get a quote. I do ring to check that l have selected the correct destination especially when flying, cruise & hiking. Always get an English speaking human when I ring and if that changes & I have to talk to a machine I will change companies. Thanks

Good value. Have never made a claim so only a 4 star

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

Good value and easy to acquire
Have never made a claim but I'm sure the process would also be excellent . Will definitely use them again as we have had before

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jamie,
We hope you had a great time on your trip and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you for choosing 1Cover and for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it.
Thanks, Andrew @1Cover

Bond reasonable with 1Cover

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

Driving in Ireland& England had brochures from car hire companies writing about holding deposits around 1600 Euros and 1200 pounds, if a person used an external policy. I used 1Cover with $5000 Oz and incurred a bond of $350 oz in Ireland and $300 in England. I didn't take their suggestion of adding 1000 equivalent cover. I did not have any accidents and so didn't make a claim. I feel that I was able to enjoy the driving experience, while being well covered.

Comments
1Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Peter, Another positive review regarding our car rental excess cover! It's certainly a popular part of our policies. You're 100% right. Instead of paying the car hire companies an additional 20 ... read more »

1 of 144 pages

Hi, I am going to Bali and am looking to hire a scooter under 100cc to ride . I have a full motor vehicle licence and can get an international licence from RAA prior to leaving. Am I covered for damage and particularly injury if I have an accident? (Bet you have had this question once or twice !!!) Cheers Peter

Picky asked on Aug 08, 2017

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your question. Yep - once or twice.
If you're scooter is under 50cc then you will be covered with your Australian Motor license. If your scooter is over 50cc then you will need a full motorbike license to be covered. We cover medical and hospital expenses to an unlimited amount (regardless of the cost), so we provide 24/7 assistance, organizing the best international hospitals and doctors etc to take care of you. Damage to the bike will be covered under the rental agreement between yourself and the scooter hire company (and their insurer). You can find out more here...https://www.1cover.com.au/asia/bali/renting-a-scooter-bali/ Have a wonderful trip - Andrew @1Cover

I am always asked about my pre-existing medical conditions-if any- by other Insurance Companies Is there a list I can check?

Jan asked on Aug 01, 2017

Hi Jane,
Sorry for the tardy response. I had missed your email in my inbox.
This should give you the info you are looking for.... https://www.1cover.com.au/travel-health/pre-existing-medical-conditions/ - if you have any other questions, please feel free to call 1300 192 021. Many thanks, Andrew @ 1Cover

Hi, do you cover for countries where the government advisory is "reconsider your need to travel". Looking to visit relatives in Feb 2018 in Pakistan.

Jatz asked on Aug 01, 2017

Hi Jatz.

Thanks for your question. You are covered for your trip to Pakistan. but anything related to the specific warning announced by DFAT is excluded - ie) if it was terror related. For example - if you traveled to the country and broke a leg, you are covered....or if you had to cancel because you were unwell, or there was a a sudden natural disaster....again, it's covered.

FYI - since cancelation cover starts the minute a policy is purchased - it makes sense to buy sooner rather than later.

Have a great time with your relatives.

Andrew @ 1Cover