Verified Purchase Flavour: Angus Beef & Vegies Roll

Looking good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2017

Been trying a few different rolls,so far,my dogs are doing very well on your product.So I will stay with you Angus beef

Flavour: Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

Nelsons diet

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

Nellie is 10 yrs old, has lost some teeth and needs food like this to nourish him properly, He gulps it down and smiles at us afterwoods.

My fussy dog loves them

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

My fussy little Papillion/Chihuahua loves them. Great as treats too when I don't have anything else for him, just had to keep them away from the cat!

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your wonderful feedback!

Flavour: Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

Happy to be Australian owned

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

I like this product and so does my dog - I somethings eat it when I don’t have any food in my cupboard

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your fantastic feedback!

Flavour: Angus Beef & Vegies Roll

Angus dog roll

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Both of my dogs love it. Both of their bowls are licked clean every night. And they can be very fussy eaters.

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your fussy dogs are loving their 4Legs!

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

dogs love it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

4legs was recommended by a dog kennel owner who fed it to my dogs (with some kibble) and their bad breath vanished...no more canned muck!

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your feedback, glad to hear your dogs are loving their 4Legs!

My dog likes it.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

So far appears to be satisfactory. Very difficult to find any roll that doesn' t have split peas in it, these seem to affect my dog, Cooper and so I either have to attempt to pick out the peas or now I'm adding in some oats to assist his intestines. I'm looking for quality product, many on offer have absolutely no dietary value in them, so natural and beneficial to their health is the prime concern.

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your dog is enjoying his 4Legs!

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

My dog loves this !! And if he does so do I ✅

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

My dog loves it and eats it without hesitation or issues. I’m glad it comes in the trays as they are so convenient

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for the awesome feedback, glad to hear your dog is loving 4Legs!

Happy canines

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

I have a cavoodle and a Pekingese that love the chicken and veggie product.fussy eaters so happy this hits the spot.

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your great feedback!

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

Dinner delight

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

Harvey our pup loves the sweet potato puppy food and I find it is excellent to keep in the fridge as the odour is not to strong.

Comments
4Legs Official

Delighted that Harvey is loving his 4Legs!

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

I've been using it every night for years for my various dogs

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

4 Legs was recommended by a very experienced dog trainer years ago. I started using it for my dogs' night meal along with fresh vegetables and they all have loved it. I buy the chicken and beef and always have both in the freezer. Thank you.

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for supporting our brand for so many years!

Great meal for our dog

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Our dog gobbles these meat balls up so quickly, he absolutely loves them.
Only issue is it is very hard to remove the packing lid now.

Boys can't get enough!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

I have 3 boys, all different breeds, sizes and dinner preferences. Finally, something that's good for them and they all love it. Thank you.

Great for fussy puppies!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

I have one very fussy greyhound and he LOVES these! I also love that its made with ingredients I know and isn't filled with rubbish!

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta Roll

Turning Circles In Anticipation!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Simba and Pippa, my 2 little Pomeranians, start turning circles in excitement and anticipation as they watch me take the container of chicken with rice and veggies from the fridge to give to them!

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

Trying for first time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

My dog really likes the taste. He usually eats dry food but has recently not wanted his food which is quite unusual. It is much easier to buy this product than cook veggies myself.

Trying this for the 1st time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Buster had his first taste of the roll last night and it didn't stay in the dish for long so we gather he thinks it is pretty tasty. It seems a convenient way of feeding.

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

Low fat and wheat free diet

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Our miniature schnauzer has a sensitive tummy, gets sick if food is a little too fatty or oily. The meats balls with veggies and rice is works for her. We avoid pastas and rolls as she cannot digest wheat products well or higher oil content in rolls.

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Rice & Parsley

Perfect for our puppy. Doesn't leave him with an upset stomach.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

Found it reasonably priced, last a good while. Easy, quick and good for our new pup. Not harsh on his stomach either like other puppy foods on the market.

New Diet Line - Awaiting Results

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

This is a new edition to my dog's diet but too early to assess the outcome. She is on a low fat chicken diet with dry pellets so it will be interesting to see how she reacts..

1 of 7 pages

Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

i have a 6 month old ridgeback cross (unknown what with )she is 12 kilos how much puppy food should i feed her ?

Stella asked on Oct 17, 2017

Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Hello, I haven't checked the other flavors but bought the lamb, coconut and rice flavour and have found it includes garlic (and has a yummy garlicky smell), but I thought garlic was bad for dogs? It looks like lots of experienced dog owners and a vet recommend this - can you comment on the garlic issue please? Thank you!

merryn asked on Sep 23, 2017

Answer this

Dear Merryn,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your concerns about the inclusion of garlic in our dog food products.

There are a lot of different arguments both for and against feeding dog’s garlic is small doses. It is of course widely agreed that dogs shouldn't be fed large doses of garlic.
Our vet consultant, Dr Felicity Banks, has determined that the level of garlic used in our food is so low that a dog (big or small) would need to consume twice its own body weight of our food in one sitting before the level of garlic consumed would be of concern. In addition, over the 17 years that our product has been available, we have never had a health issue brought to us by a consumer that has turned about to be related to the garlic content of the food.

Regarding the why, Animal Nutritionist Jonathon Woodroofe has provided the following:
Dogs have been consuming small quantities of garlic as a component of table scraps since they first started associating with humans. In fact, a committee established by the US National Research Council to examine the safety of dietary supplementation of dogs, cats and horses with garlic and other supplements noted that garlic has a long history of safe use with dogs when consumed in small amounts. Garlic has been associated with a variety of health benefits including boosting the immune system, acting as an anti-hypertensive and acting as an anti-infective.
In addition, it contains a number of nutritional valuable compounds, such B vitamins and organic trace minerals. A small, carefully controlled, amount of garlic is used in some 4Legs products. It is, however, important to recognise that many foodstuffs which are beneficial in reasonable amounts can be harmful if consumed in excessive quantities. There have, for example, been cases of toxicity in humans caused by over-consumption of carrot juice (due to vitamin A poisoning). It is true that excessive quantities of garlic consumed on a regular basis can be harmful to dogs.
Much of the present concern about garlic stems from a research trial conducted in Japan involving eight dogs 1. Four of these dogs were fed garlic at a rate equivalent to feeding a 20kg dog 100 grams of garlic a day (i.e. the equivalent of around 15 to 20 cloves of garlic per dog per day). Feeding this amount of garlic led to the appearance of damaged red blood cells but even with this very large dose none of the dogs actually developed haemolytic anemia.
This information along with references is also available as an article on our helpdesk portal:
I've heard that garlic is harmful to dogs, so why is it in your dog food? - https://4legs.zendesk.com/entries/26512713

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

My dog's vet thinks my dog has developed sensitivity to a particular protein. After a few experiments and elimination, I have learned that her stomach works well with a bit of boiled chicken breast, rice, and carrots. This looks like a good alternative - just wondering if anyone has experienced this and which variant should I try?

Gracie asked on Aug 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gracie, if you would like to try 4Legs, we suggest that the ingredient list be supplied to your veterinarian who can then help you to make a decision on whether the food is suitable. A chicken variety would be the better choice in this instance, for example the Chicken Rice & Vege Meatball 900g tray. However, any dietary recommendation needs to be made by the attending vet. If you'd like more information regarding our ingredients, you can check out our Website at http://4legs.com.au/product/ or you can contact our Help Desk on [email protected] Cheers Christine & the 4Legs Team.

See all 38 questions about 4Legs Natural Dog Food

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these flavours is flavour