Great Healthy Nutritious DogFood

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

A friend recommended 4 legs for my dog because the ingredients were so clean and healthy and her dog loved the product. Immediately I loved how healthy the ingredients were, the food is non messy (unlike the dog tins I'd previously been buying) and wholesome food that my dog loves. These little balls are also handy to grab one or two for a treat now and then.

Dogs love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

Purchased this on special from Woolies and dogs absolutely love it. Will continue to purchase especially since you provide a lid to keep it fresh. Product is good quality and well priced.

Verified Purchase Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

A new pupper favourite.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2017

I have a very satisfied "pup". He gets so excited when he sees me take this out of the refrigerator. Plus, there are no smelly "sauces" to contend with.

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

Awesome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

My adorable little puppy loves this product. Happy puppy happy mummy. I care for his health and it puts my mind at ease knowing I’m feeding him the best

Great breakfast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

My dogs absolutely love the meatballs they have them for breakfast every morning

My pooches love this

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

My two dogs love this. They have super shiny coats since starting on it. Great value for money and grab free.

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

My dogs LOOOOOve your meatballs!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Thanks for making quality, grain-free meatballs. My dogs love to eat meatballs but I believe grain-free options are the best for my guys and there aren't many available. I love that your packaging is 1 packet, not lots of little packets to add to landfill. I've ordered the reusable lid from your kind offer so we can use even less plastics! Thank you for creating a dog food that my dogs love and I know keeps them healthy and shiny.

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your brilliant feedback Carly, so glad you're enjoying our product!

Flavour: Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

Mega easophagus !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Stanley was diagnosed with canine mega easophagus a year ago and has to be fed small sized food pieces in an upright chair . Previously we have made our own meatballs by hand or had our butcher make sausages with our recipe . Finding the 4 legs products has been a revelation !
We trialled Stanley on the kangaroo for a week with zero problems to report .
We are delighted !! Stanleys is loving the nibbles ... testing other flavours slowly over the next month.

Comments
4Legs Official

Great feedback - so happy to hear Stanley is loving his 4Legs!

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Best food for a dog with myasthenia gravis

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

It keeps my boy Jake alive. He's been on it ever since he got diagnosed 3 years ago and he loves it

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your wonderful feedback, so glad Jake is doing well on 4Legs!

Nom nom

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

The doggies love it with their biscuits. They know the sound of packaging, so I guess That says it all.

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your dogs are loving their 4Legs!

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

Food for dogs and chickens!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Our boxer absolutely loves this food and so do our chickens!
Great variety and love the fact that it is Family made and owned!

Comments
4Legs Official

We love hearing about happy dogs (and chickens!) who love their 4Legs!

Flavour: Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

My 2 dogs love it. One bulldog and one Labrador.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

My 2 dogs love the 4 legs range. From the puppy balls up to the adult ones they can't get enough.

Comments
4Legs Official

Glad your dogs are loving their 4Legs!

Perfect for older dogs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

Fostering two older dogs and one cannot chew hard foods so these balls are perfect for her

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your excellent feedback!

Tablet Hider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

My old dog always eats your meat balls first.
He has a very sensitive gut and they and they are one product that I will always use for him.
He LOVES them.
Just a hint for everyone, they are great for hiding tablets in.

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your dog is loving his 4Legs!

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Rice & Parsley

Old Dog

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2017

My silky cross is 18, deaf as a post, half blind ,no teeth, & absolutely loves this food. None of my dogs get any tinned food, so this is a good "wet" food for her. (The other 2 get chicken necks & hearts, & all 3 have access to good quality dry food.)

Comments
4Legs Official

Glad to hear your senior dogs is enjoying her 4Legs!

Excited

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

My dog Porche gets so excited when she smells this food. she absolutely loves it. She also loves the puppy grain free. I think she would love more flavours .(grain free)

Comments
4Legs Official

Love hearing about happy dogs like Porche loving their 4Legs!

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

The perfect choice for your dog

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

My dog loves this food. He loves it as a meal or as a special treat. Fantastic variety of menu choices.

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your excellent feedback!

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

My puppy first at this at puppy preschool and loves them, I break them up and use them as training treats and she will do anything for them.

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your puppy is enjoying her 4Legs!

Best dog food ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

Brilliant dog food that my dog adores and so do we. I know it's great quality and locally produced and it's even made my puppy's breath sweet!

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks so much for your brilliant feedback!

Verified Purchase Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Great quality premium dog food!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

We recently discovered this brand and it is definitely our favourite and Molly's favourite! She is sooo fussy with her food and this is the first brand she actually eats and goes to straight away. We love that 4legs is an Australian family made and owned company, and how natural the ingredients are for our dog. Another bonus is that the food is in ball shapes so its a lot easier and cleaner for our dog to eat as she has long hair around her face. Keep up the great work guys!

Comments
4Legs Official

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for supporting our brand! We love hearing about happy dogs and their owners loving 4Legs!

1 of 41 pages

Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

i have a 6 month old ridgeback cross (unknown what with )she is 12 kilos how much puppy food should i feed her ?

Stella asked on Oct 17, 2017

Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Hello, I haven't checked the other flavors but bought the lamb, coconut and rice flavour and have found it includes garlic (and has a yummy garlicky smell), but I thought garlic was bad for dogs? It looks like lots of experienced dog owners and a vet recommend this - can you comment on the garlic issue please? Thank you!

merryn asked on Sep 23, 2017

Answer this

Dear Merryn,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your concerns about the inclusion of garlic in our dog food products.

There are a lot of different arguments both for and against feeding dog’s garlic is small doses. It is of course widely agreed that dogs shouldn't be fed large doses of garlic.
Our vet consultant, Dr Felicity Banks, has determined that the level of garlic used in our food is so low that a dog (big or small) would need to consume twice its own body weight of our food in one sitting before the level of garlic consumed would be of concern. In addition, over the 17 years that our product has been available, we have never had a health issue brought to us by a consumer that has turned about to be related to the garlic content of the food.

Regarding the why, Animal Nutritionist Jonathon Woodroofe has provided the following:
Dogs have been consuming small quantities of garlic as a component of table scraps since they first started associating with humans. In fact, a committee established by the US National Research Council to examine the safety of dietary supplementation of dogs, cats and horses with garlic and other supplements noted that garlic has a long history of safe use with dogs when consumed in small amounts. Garlic has been associated with a variety of health benefits including boosting the immune system, acting as an anti-hypertensive and acting as an anti-infective.
In addition, it contains a number of nutritional valuable compounds, such B vitamins and organic trace minerals. A small, carefully controlled, amount of garlic is used in some 4Legs products. It is, however, important to recognise that many foodstuffs which are beneficial in reasonable amounts can be harmful if consumed in excessive quantities. There have, for example, been cases of toxicity in humans caused by over-consumption of carrot juice (due to vitamin A poisoning). It is true that excessive quantities of garlic consumed on a regular basis can be harmful to dogs.
Much of the present concern about garlic stems from a research trial conducted in Japan involving eight dogs 1. Four of these dogs were fed garlic at a rate equivalent to feeding a 20kg dog 100 grams of garlic a day (i.e. the equivalent of around 15 to 20 cloves of garlic per dog per day). Feeding this amount of garlic led to the appearance of damaged red blood cells but even with this very large dose none of the dogs actually developed haemolytic anemia.
This information along with references is also available as an article on our helpdesk portal:
I've heard that garlic is harmful to dogs, so why is it in your dog food? - https://4legs.zendesk.com/entries/26512713

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

My dog's vet thinks my dog has developed sensitivity to a particular protein. After a few experiments and elimination, I have learned that her stomach works well with a bit of boiled chicken breast, rice, and carrots. This looks like a good alternative - just wondering if anyone has experienced this and which variant should I try?

Gracie asked on Aug 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gracie, if you would like to try 4Legs, we suggest that the ingredient list be supplied to your veterinarian who can then help you to make a decision on whether the food is suitable. A chicken variety would be the better choice in this instance, for example the Chicken Rice & Vege Meatball 900g tray. However, any dietary recommendation needs to be made by the attending vet. If you'd like more information regarding our ingredients, you can check out our Website at http://4legs.com.au/product/ or you can contact our Help Desk on [email protected] Cheers Christine & the 4Legs Team.

See all 38 questions about 4Legs Natural Dog Food

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these flavours is flavour