• 2 comments
  • 8 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2009

Like the product, good price and it is all natural. My dog has skin allergys so i found this product to be very good. Its so fresh and easy to serve. And they have a lid offer so it made it very easy to store aswell.

+ All natural,price. Avaiable at leading supermarkets.

- I have not found anything i do not like about htis product.

• 5 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2010

Fantastic product. I usually feed my dogs Science Diet but buy this dog food to give them some variety and a special treat.

+ It is natural product, no offensive odour and best of all the dogs love it.

- There is nothing to dislike about the product, maybe the packaging could be altered to make it easier to re-seal.

• 3 helpful votes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2010

I wouldn't feed this as a meal, maybe mix in with other food. Its easy to store and serve but has a strong smell to it that tends to come out of the rear of my dog.

+ Easy meal for dogs

- gave my dogs the worst gas ever

Comments

I found this convenient and supplied my dogs nutrition needs for our 16 year os red healer cross and a fussy tiny dog.

MELBOURNE

4legs Puppy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2012

We've been feeding this to our pug puppy for several months and constantly get comments on how good his coat is and how healthy he looks. We then get asked the question what do you feed him and 4legs is the answer. I think its a good product as it contains 3 different meats (not by products), parsley and whole egg.

+ Fresh, dog loves it, readily available, well priced

- Not easy to reseal the package, however they have a free lid offer so that solved the problem

Purchased at: Coles

Melbourne

• 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Chicken Pasta with Vegies Chub

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2014

Purchased Chicken Pasta & Vegies 1.7kg Chub from Coles Supermarket, I found that the green dye in the packaging has leached into the food, can anyone tell me if this is harmful to My Dog ?
Is it normal for this to happen with plastic wrapping.
She seems to like it but I have to cut away and dispose of Green Tinged section.

+ My Dog seems to like it but I have to cut the Green section away before giving it to her...

- Green tinge seemingly from plastic wrap leeched into product...use by date is 06 October 2014

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Barb45, The green tinge on the outside of the roll is actually very common and whilst in might appear to come from our packaging, we can assure that it doesn't. Our packaging is food safe and ... read more »

Thank you for your prompt response...will watch and observe my Dog.

Melbourne

• 7 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Dogs love it and smells alright

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2015

Get these for my dogs when I can't make home cook food for them and they love it. Easy to handle and quick. And there aren't too much bad smell coming from the food. Reasonably priced too.

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Amy, Thank you very much for your glowing feedback. We really appreciate it!

My Westie woofs his approval!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2015

I am writing on behalf of my West Highland White Terrier aged 8. He has a discerning palate and complicating that for him is that he is prone to allergies. In the years of his dining experience, he has been benefiting from the chicken and rice product shaped into balls. Though he still sneaks some treats from residents in the dining room at my father's care facility when we visit, it's great he's been able to enjoy a healthier happier diet with no consequence for his skin condition. It's a convenient product to use as well staying fresh and tasty over the span of a week. I cannot recommend any other wet food as highly after our long and protracted search to find a suitable non allergy inducing meal.

July 5th 2017 Update: Update on 4 Legs new and improved Lamb and Veggies ingredients

The addition of coconut to the lamb and veggie variety of fresh doggie food goes down a treat. It's great to see 4Legs yet again leading the way to ensure health and vitality for our little mates. Well done on this innovation folks!

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Marguerite,
Thank you very much for your stellar review! We are very pleased to hear that your Westie is doing so well on our food.
All the best, The 4Legs Team.

• 2 helpful votes

Unfortunate outcome.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2015

Although 4legs is a very good product and we'd fed it to our previous dog (a standard poodle), be very careful when giving it to any breed of dog prone to bolting its food. Our four year old boxer ate her dinner very quickly one night and the next day she required emergency surgery for a twisted bowel. She had not been able to digest her dinner and it had formed a mass in her stomach. Apart from her bowel twisting as she strained to go to the toilet parts of her stomach tore and the pieces of 4legs went everywhere. She developed septicaemia and she died a week later. Perhaps a warning on the packaging would be in order.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
4Legs Official

Dear Jules, we are extremely sorry and saddened to hear about your boxer and your review has lead us to do some extensive research into a twisted bowel and how it can occur. Please see more below ... read more »

Brisbane

• 4 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Mini Foxie loves it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2016

My little dog is 8 yrs old and as he gets older he has suffered terrible digestive issues. I cook him up meals of chicken and rice, and he has a few hills digestive care biscuits, but I had to stop giving him any form of dog treats, no matter how pure they were as they just don't digest well with him. I bought the 4legs chicken, pasta and vegies to try as treats and he gets a few during the day as a reward, and am pleased to say he has had no problems at all with them. You can definitely see they're freshly made. I'm very happy with the product and so is Tiny.

Comments
4Legs Official

Good Afternoon Jenny Apologies for the delayed response, thank you so much for your lovely recommendation, we are happy that Tiny is doing well. Please let us know if you would like a free lid po... read more »

Claims of less water more meat simply aren't true

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2016

Something has changed in recent times....the 4 legs used to have more meat less water but the past 5 occasions I have bought the chicken pasta and vegie rolls they have been full of water and very 'spongy'.

Sad to see a good product ruined through cost savings (adding more water & less meat to recipe)

Comments
4Legs Official

Good Afternoon Sandrita Thank you for your email, we are sorry you have had to experience this with our product and can confirm that we have been adjusting our process in order to perfect the text... read more »

Red best before date & green dye from packaging leached through to roll inside

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2016

My two scotties love this & it agrees with their sensitive stomachs, however I'm concerned about the dye from the packaging which has leached through onto the outside of the roll.
I feed this because it's 100% natural but is the dye used in the packaging equally as safe?

Comments
4Legs Official

Good Afternoon Andie We love hearing that your two scotties love our product. The green tinge on the outside of the roll is actually very common and whilst it might appear to come from our pa... read more »

Langwarrin Melbourne

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta Roll

Excellent for my gassy pug

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2016

I have a 8 month old pug who can get extremely gassy with alot of food. I was gome cooking chucken veg and rice but with 3 kids this can be a chore. So happy i tried this product he NEVER gets a upset tummy from it and he loves it. I also like that after its been opened about 9 days it clearly goes mouldy (MEANS ITS FRESH WITH NO PRESERVATIVES)!!
Def a good choice
At a great price too :)

Comments
4Legs Official

Good Afternoon Tara Thank you for your lovely review, 4Legs pride ourselves on providing a quality dog food product 100% preservative free. As an Australian Family run business we appreciate th... read more »

id love a free lid [email protected]

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Rice

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2016

I highly recommend this product, we have an 11 year old Labrador with a sensitive stomach. Since switching his food to 4 Legs his health has greatly improved, weight is spot on and coat is shiny.

Comments
4Legs Official

Good Afternoon Sarah, Thank you kindly for your recommendation, we love to hear your Labrador is doing well now on 4Legs. Please let us know if you would like a free lid posted out to you, y... read more »

Warragul

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Rice

A Dogs Delight

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

Took a while but we finally found a product that our greyhound loves. He has been on it for two years.
His coat also improved and his dry skin is gone.
Coles have now stopped selling 4 Legs so we are looking for a new supplier.

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Harv, Thank you for the lovely review! Coles have recently changed their distribution of our products meaning that some stores have lost the range and others have gained it. Would you like to ... read more »

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

Best Supermarket Dog Meat I have Found

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2016

We have a 7 year old Golden Retriever & Just rescued 6 year old Border Collie, Both Dogs love this roll
Our Golden would Vomit up if I give her other supermarket meats Rolls & the Boarder came to us very overweight & with brittle dry Hair & skin, since eating 4 legs his hair is becoming softer, as for most dogs they both have no memory of being feed so I bought them slow eat Bowels which is great for them, 4 Legs also makes cleaning the yard so much easier with firm stools. I am very happy with this food but sometime find that some Supermarkets don't always have it in stock,

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Biggles, thanks for the great review! If you continue having trouble finding stock, please give us a call - 1800 655 687 - during business hours and we'll try and help you out by finding another stockist or following up your store.

great product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2016

My Collie loves this food. It is so simple to prep with the measurements on the roll, and now that I have read through the reviews and discovered the free roll cap I am even happier!
Texture is firm, but easy enough to chunk up/mash if needed. You can see chunks of ingredients, which is great.
Like others, I was a little concerned with the green colour on the outside of the roll, but am more then happy with the response 4 Legs has provided.
Collie has had no stomach upsets and coat/skin etc is perfectly healthy.
Well done guys on a great preservative free product :)

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Jules, thanks for the great review!

Hobart

• 2 helpful votes

Flavour: Angus Beef & Vegies Roll

Fussy greyhound loves the dog roll!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2016

Our fussy greyhound actually loves both varieties of the roll and she doesn't seem to suffer any obnoxious gas either. While she is renowned for turning her nose up at food, I actually find her coming back into the kitchen for seconds. Fits within our budget as well.

Comments
4Legs Official

We're so pleased to hear your dog is enjoying their 4Legs! Thanks for the fantastic feedback!

Flavour: Kangaroo Plus 5

Best prepared ready to serve supermarket food

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

We have two bull arabs that love it and they're fussy good value too good even smells fresh when opened

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for the great feedback - we're so pleased to hear your dogs are enjoying their 4Legs!

My dogs love this roll.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

My dogs always lick thier bowls clean when i feed them this product. Its a great quality product. Definitely recommend to all.

Comments
4Legs Official

We're glad your dogs are enjoying their 4Legs! Thank you for your lovely feedback.

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

Training treat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

Using this as a training reward for our new puppy and he loves them very eager to comply with our commands when he knows he is getting one of these.

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your puppy is loving 4Legs!

1 of 48 pages

Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

i have a 6 month old ridgeback cross (unknown what with )she is 12 kilos how much puppy food should i feed her ?

Stella asked on Oct 17, 2017

Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Hello, I haven't checked the other flavors but bought the lamb, coconut and rice flavour and have found it includes garlic (and has a yummy garlicky smell), but I thought garlic was bad for dogs? It looks like lots of experienced dog owners and a vet recommend this - can you comment on the garlic issue please? Thank you!

merryn asked on Sep 23, 2017

Answer this

Dear Merryn,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your concerns about the inclusion of garlic in our dog food products.

There are a lot of different arguments both for and against feeding dog’s garlic is small doses. It is of course widely agreed that dogs shouldn't be fed large doses of garlic.
Our vet consultant, Dr Felicity Banks, has determined that the level of garlic used in our food is so low that a dog (big or small) would need to consume twice its own body weight of our food in one sitting before the level of garlic consumed would be of concern. In addition, over the 17 years that our product has been available, we have never had a health issue brought to us by a consumer that has turned about to be related to the garlic content of the food.

Regarding the why, Animal Nutritionist Jonathon Woodroofe has provided the following:
Dogs have been consuming small quantities of garlic as a component of table scraps since they first started associating with humans. In fact, a committee established by the US National Research Council to examine the safety of dietary supplementation of dogs, cats and horses with garlic and other supplements noted that garlic has a long history of safe use with dogs when consumed in small amounts. Garlic has been associated with a variety of health benefits including boosting the immune system, acting as an anti-hypertensive and acting as an anti-infective.
In addition, it contains a number of nutritional valuable compounds, such B vitamins and organic trace minerals. A small, carefully controlled, amount of garlic is used in some 4Legs products. It is, however, important to recognise that many foodstuffs which are beneficial in reasonable amounts can be harmful if consumed in excessive quantities. There have, for example, been cases of toxicity in humans caused by over-consumption of carrot juice (due to vitamin A poisoning). It is true that excessive quantities of garlic consumed on a regular basis can be harmful to dogs.
Much of the present concern about garlic stems from a research trial conducted in Japan involving eight dogs 1. Four of these dogs were fed garlic at a rate equivalent to feeding a 20kg dog 100 grams of garlic a day (i.e. the equivalent of around 15 to 20 cloves of garlic per dog per day). Feeding this amount of garlic led to the appearance of damaged red blood cells but even with this very large dose none of the dogs actually developed haemolytic anemia.
This information along with references is also available as an article on our helpdesk portal:
I've heard that garlic is harmful to dogs, so why is it in your dog food? - https://4legs.zendesk.com/entries/26512713

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

My dog's vet thinks my dog has developed sensitivity to a particular protein. After a few experiments and elimination, I have learned that her stomach works well with a bit of boiled chicken breast, rice, and carrots. This looks like a good alternative - just wondering if anyone has experienced this and which variant should I try?

Gracie asked on Aug 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gracie, if you would like to try 4Legs, we suggest that the ingredient list be supplied to your veterinarian who can then help you to make a decision on whether the food is suitable. A chicken variety would be the better choice in this instance, for example the Chicken Rice & Vege Meatball 900g tray. However, any dietary recommendation needs to be made by the attending vet. If you'd like more information regarding our ingredients, you can check out our Website at http://4legs.com.au/product/ or you can contact our Help Desk on [email protected] Cheers Christine & the 4Legs Team.

See all 38 questions about 4Legs Natural Dog Food

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these flavours is flavour