• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Not interested at all...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

Our German Shepherd looks at the food and then walks away. If we add some cheese he will eat it, reluctantly.

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Frank, we're so sorry to hear your dog didn't enjoy his 4Legs! Sometimes it can take a dog a few days to adjust to a new food. If you are not totally satisfied with our product, please drop us a... read more »

Hi 4Legs Team, many thanks for taking the time to respond. I guess our dog just doesn't like smell or the fact that it seems to be a lot of rice and not much meat. Anyway, nothing to worry, there are plenty of other options around. :)

Claims of less water more meat simply aren't true

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2016

Something has changed in recent times....the 4 legs used to have more meat less water but the past 5 occasions I have bought the chicken pasta and vegie rolls they have been full of water and very 'spongy'.

Sad to see a good product ruined through cost savings (adding more water & less meat to recipe)

Comments
4Legs Official

Good Afternoon Sandrita Thank you for your email, we are sorry you have had to experience this with our product and can confirm that we have been adjusting our process in order to perfect the text... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Chicken Pasta with Vegies Chub

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2014

Purchased Chicken Pasta & Vegies 1.7kg Chub from Coles Supermarket, I found that the green dye in the packaging has leached into the food, can anyone tell me if this is harmful to My Dog ?
Is it normal for this to happen with plastic wrapping.
She seems to like it but I have to cut away and dispose of Green Tinged section.

+ My Dog seems to like it but I have to cut the Green section away before giving it to her...

- Green tinge seemingly from plastic wrap leeched into product...use by date is 06 October 2014

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Barb45, The green tinge on the outside of the roll is actually very common and whilst in might appear to come from our packaging, we can assure that it doesn't. Our packaging is food safe and ... read more »

Thank you for your prompt response...will watch and observe my Dog.

Flavour: Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

my dogs cannot eat beef so you have a good selection they love it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

the dogs love the rolls very much they have it every night and morning if my dogs could talk they would say its very nice

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your wonderful feedback!

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

Good food but we have fussy eaters

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Our dogs eat it and they are fussy eaters so its good to find things they eat and like it.

Good dog food

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

This is a better supermarket bought brand. The chicken variety would be made better if it was made from free range chicken. The increase in price would be well worth paying for.

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your review, we'll keep your feedback in mind for future product development.

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Unfortunate outcome.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2015

Although 4legs is a very good product and we'd fed it to our previous dog (a standard poodle), be very careful when giving it to any breed of dog prone to bolting its food. Our four year old boxer ate her dinner very quickly one night and the next day she required emergency surgery for a twisted bowel. She had not been able to digest her dinner and it had formed a mass in her stomach. Apart from her bowel twisting as she strained to go to the toilet parts of her stomach tore and the pieces of 4legs went everywhere. She developed septicaemia and she died a week later. Perhaps a warning on the packaging would be in order.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
4Legs Official

Dear Jules, we are extremely sorry and saddened to hear about your boxer and your review has lead us to do some extensive research into a twisted bowel and how it can occur. Please see more below ... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2010

I wouldn't feed this as a meal, maybe mix in with other food. Its easy to store and serve but has a strong smell to it that tends to come out of the rear of my dog.

+ Easy meal for dogs

- gave my dogs the worst gas ever

Comments

I found this convenient and supplied my dogs nutrition needs for our 16 year os red healer cross and a fussy tiny dog.

My fussy dog loves them

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2017

My fussy little Papillion/Chihuahua loves them. Great as treats too when I don't have anything else for him, just had to keep them away from the cat!

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your wonderful feedback!

Flavour: Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

Happy to be Australian owned

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

I like this product and so does my dog - I somethings eat it when I don’t have any food in my cupboard

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your fantastic feedback!

Flavour: Angus Beef & Vegies Roll

Angus dog roll

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Both of my dogs love it. Both of their bowls are licked clean every night. And they can be very fussy eaters.

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your fussy dogs are loving their 4Legs!

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

dogs love it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

4legs was recommended by a dog kennel owner who fed it to my dogs (with some kibble) and their bad breath vanished...no more canned muck!

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your feedback, glad to hear your dogs are loving their 4Legs!

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta Roll

My dog likes it.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

So far appears to be satisfactory. Very difficult to find any roll that doesn' t have split peas in it, these seem to affect my dog, Cooper and so I either have to attempt to pick out the peas or now I'm adding in some oats to assist his intestines. I'm looking for quality product, many on offer have absolutely no dietary value in them, so natural and beneficial to their health is the prime concern.

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your dog is enjoying his 4Legs!

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

My dog loves this !! And if he does so do I ✅

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

My dog loves it and eats it without hesitation or issues. I’m glad it comes in the trays as they are so convenient

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for the awesome feedback, glad to hear your dog is loving 4Legs!

Happy canines

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

I have a cavoodle and a Pekingese that love the chicken and veggie product.fussy eaters so happy this hits the spot.

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your great feedback!

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

Dinner delight

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

Harvey our pup loves the sweet potato puppy food and I find it is excellent to keep in the fridge as the odour is not to strong.

Comments
4Legs Official

Delighted that Harvey is loving his 4Legs!

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

I've been using it every night for years for my various dogs

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

4 Legs was recommended by a very experienced dog trainer years ago. I started using it for my dogs' night meal along with fresh vegetables and they all have loved it. I buy the chicken and beef and always have both in the freezer. Thank you.

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for supporting our brand for so many years!

Great meal for our dog

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Our dog gobbles these meat balls up so quickly, he absolutely loves them.
Only issue is it is very hard to remove the packing lid now.

Boys can't get enough!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

I have 3 boys, all different breeds, sizes and dinner preferences. Finally, something that's good for them and they all love it. Thank you.

Great for fussy puppies!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

I have one very fussy greyhound and he LOVES these! I also love that its made with ingredients I know and isn't filled with rubbish!

1 of 48 pages

Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

i have a 6 month old ridgeback cross (unknown what with )she is 12 kilos how much puppy food should i feed her ?

Stella asked on Oct 17, 2017

Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Hello, I haven't checked the other flavors but bought the lamb, coconut and rice flavour and have found it includes garlic (and has a yummy garlicky smell), but I thought garlic was bad for dogs? It looks like lots of experienced dog owners and a vet recommend this - can you comment on the garlic issue please? Thank you!

merryn asked on Sep 23, 2017

Answer this

Dear Merryn,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your concerns about the inclusion of garlic in our dog food products.

There are a lot of different arguments both for and against feeding dog’s garlic is small doses. It is of course widely agreed that dogs shouldn't be fed large doses of garlic.
Our vet consultant, Dr Felicity Banks, has determined that the level of garlic used in our food is so low that a dog (big or small) would need to consume twice its own body weight of our food in one sitting before the level of garlic consumed would be of concern. In addition, over the 17 years that our product has been available, we have never had a health issue brought to us by a consumer that has turned about to be related to the garlic content of the food.

Regarding the why, Animal Nutritionist Jonathon Woodroofe has provided the following:
Dogs have been consuming small quantities of garlic as a component of table scraps since they first started associating with humans. In fact, a committee established by the US National Research Council to examine the safety of dietary supplementation of dogs, cats and horses with garlic and other supplements noted that garlic has a long history of safe use with dogs when consumed in small amounts. Garlic has been associated with a variety of health benefits including boosting the immune system, acting as an anti-hypertensive and acting as an anti-infective.
In addition, it contains a number of nutritional valuable compounds, such B vitamins and organic trace minerals. A small, carefully controlled, amount of garlic is used in some 4Legs products. It is, however, important to recognise that many foodstuffs which are beneficial in reasonable amounts can be harmful if consumed in excessive quantities. There have, for example, been cases of toxicity in humans caused by over-consumption of carrot juice (due to vitamin A poisoning). It is true that excessive quantities of garlic consumed on a regular basis can be harmful to dogs.
Much of the present concern about garlic stems from a research trial conducted in Japan involving eight dogs 1. Four of these dogs were fed garlic at a rate equivalent to feeding a 20kg dog 100 grams of garlic a day (i.e. the equivalent of around 15 to 20 cloves of garlic per dog per day). Feeding this amount of garlic led to the appearance of damaged red blood cells but even with this very large dose none of the dogs actually developed haemolytic anemia.
This information along with references is also available as an article on our helpdesk portal:
I've heard that garlic is harmful to dogs, so why is it in your dog food? - https://4legs.zendesk.com/entries/26512713

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

My dog's vet thinks my dog has developed sensitivity to a particular protein. After a few experiments and elimination, I have learned that her stomach works well with a bit of boiled chicken breast, rice, and carrots. This looks like a good alternative - just wondering if anyone has experienced this and which variant should I try?

Gracie asked on Aug 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gracie, if you would like to try 4Legs, we suggest that the ingredient list be supplied to your veterinarian who can then help you to make a decision on whether the food is suitable. A chicken variety would be the better choice in this instance, for example the Chicken Rice & Vege Meatball 900g tray. However, any dietary recommendation needs to be made by the attending vet. If you'd like more information regarding our ingredients, you can check out our Website at http://4legs.com.au/product/ or you can contact our Help Desk on [email protected] Cheers Christine & the 4Legs Team.

See all 38 questions about 4Legs Natural Dog Food

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these flavours is flavour