• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Not interested at all...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

Our German Shepherd looks at the food and then walks away. If we add some cheese he will eat it, reluctantly.

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Frank, we're so sorry to hear your dog didn't enjoy his 4Legs! Sometimes it can take a dog a few days to adjust to a new food. If you are not totally satisfied with our product, please drop us a... read more »

Hi 4Legs Team, many thanks for taking the time to respond. I guess our dog just doesn't like smell or the fact that it seems to be a lot of rice and not much meat. Anyway, nothing to worry, there are plenty of other options around. :)

Claims of less water more meat simply aren't true

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2016

Something has changed in recent times....the 4 legs used to have more meat less water but the past 5 occasions I have bought the chicken pasta and vegie rolls they have been full of water and very 'spongy'.

Sad to see a good product ruined through cost savings (adding more water & less meat to recipe)

Comments
4Legs Official

Good Afternoon Sandrita Thank you for your email, we are sorry you have had to experience this with our product and can confirm that we have been adjusting our process in order to perfect the text... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Chicken Pasta with Vegies Chub

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2014

Purchased Chicken Pasta & Vegies 1.7kg Chub from Coles Supermarket, I found that the green dye in the packaging has leached into the food, can anyone tell me if this is harmful to My Dog ?
Is it normal for this to happen with plastic wrapping.
She seems to like it but I have to cut away and dispose of Green Tinged section.

+ My Dog seems to like it but I have to cut the Green section away before giving it to her...

- Green tinge seemingly from plastic wrap leeched into product...use by date is 06 October 2014

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
4Legs Official

Hi Barb45, The green tinge on the outside of the roll is actually very common and whilst in might appear to come from our packaging, we can assure that it doesn't. Our packaging is food safe and ... read more »

Thank you for your prompt response...will watch and observe my Dog.

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Unfortunate outcome.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2015

Although 4legs is a very good product and we'd fed it to our previous dog (a standard poodle), be very careful when giving it to any breed of dog prone to bolting its food. Our four year old boxer ate her dinner very quickly one night and the next day she required emergency surgery for a twisted bowel. She had not been able to digest her dinner and it had formed a mass in her stomach. Apart from her bowel twisting as she strained to go to the toilet parts of her stomach tore and the pieces of 4legs went everywhere. She developed septicaemia and she died a week later. Perhaps a warning on the packaging would be in order.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
4Legs Official

Dear Jules, we are extremely sorry and saddened to hear about your boxer and your review has lead us to do some extensive research into a twisted bowel and how it can occur. Please see more below ... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2010

I wouldn't feed this as a meal, maybe mix in with other food. Its easy to store and serve but has a strong smell to it that tends to come out of the rear of my dog.

+ Easy meal for dogs

- gave my dogs the worst gas ever

Comments

I found this convenient and supplied my dogs nutrition needs for our 16 year os red healer cross and a fussy tiny dog.

Good for troubled tummies

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

My pooch has issues with food but can eat and enjoy this roll without the truma of squirts !! Thanks!!

Verified Purchase Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

Puppy love

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

As soon as my puppy taste on little bit he wanted more. So my puppy gives the puppy tray the thums up.

My fussy dog loves it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2017

My dog is quite fussy with dog food but she loves 4 legs chicken and pasta and the beef rolls.

Flavour: Angus Beef & Vegies Roll

Good value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

My dog loves it always looking for more.like the way it all natural food products as long as my dog enjoys will keep buying it

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your dog is loving their 4Legs!

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Awesome product!!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

This is the favourite out of all three we tried with our lovely pet. She loves it, leaving me happy..

Frankston South

• 1 helpful vote

Love it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

The product is reasonably priced , it is a favourite of our dog & easy to ensure he isn't over fed .

Flavour: Angus Beef & Vegies Roll

The best

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2017

Both of my dogs just love 4legs dog food and I love it for the healthy ingredients it has. We changed to 4legs for our own survival as the "other" dog food we used was like filling them up with "gas". So 4legs it the forever choice for our beautiful boys.

Flavour: Lamb, Vegies & Rice

Dog loves it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Our dog is old and needs portion control to keep her weight down. She also has irritable bowl, and I find these products are easy to measure out, she loves it, and it agrees with her

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta Roll

I buy it as a healthy alternative to other, cheaper rolls. I also buy from Austraiian-owned compani

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2017

My'adopted' chocolate lab would eat anything, but since he came to live with me he's healthier than he was. His 'mother' (my daughter), fed him the cheapest dog food she could buy. He was always hungry, but fat. Now he eats the same amount but is satisfied. Keep up the good work.

Easy and fresh

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

My dog loves it and I am confident she is getting a good diet. This product is easy and convenient. Thanks a lot for the free lid!

My dogs love it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

My fussy poodle and my eat anything that moves schnauzer love this food. It's also easy for me to prepare and I like that it's 'natural'

Great product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

Have a dog who is getting old and fussy eater, however she Ioves the chicken product. Recommend for fussy eaters.

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Rice & Parsley

Great food and easy for people and dogs on the go.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

The breeder recommended the 'Puppy' variety and our new pup seems to love it. The old dog of 15 years has been fed the 'natural' variety for some years and she loves it, so it was a no-brainer really to start the new pup on a good natural and healthy diet.
It freezer well too, which is great for the 'dog-sitters'.

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

Old fussy dog

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

My 13 year old dog loved it. She would normally only eat dry food but now eats your product like there's no tomorrow.

Good stuff

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Although my dogs are primarily on a raw food diet, I feed this in between making their food and they love it, and that's good enough for me. It seems to be healthier than most other commercially prepared food, so that's a bonus.

1 of 38 pages

I have never used or sen for sale this product. No real idea exactly what it is, I guess it's a dog roll? But what is the composition, how is it stored & how long will it remain fresh once opened? Please reply also to" [email protected]" Thanks

peterlonz asked on Jul 26, 2017

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting in contact.

4Legs an Australian family owned and made, all natural, preservative free fresh pet food. Our range includes meat balls and rolls and can be purchased at Coles, Woolworths and independent supermarkets across Australia.

You can find out everything you need to know about our products (ingredients, nutrition, storage) on our website at 4legs.com.au We've also sent you an email with this info.

Cheers,
Melissa and the 4Legs Team

Hi firstly I want to say my dog loves her food now, thanks to you guys. She did seem a little bit hungrier after being fed than normal. As a result I started to weigh her food out and found instead of there being 900grms as the pet says, it's only on average 780g please can you explain. I weighed the last three pkts. So I had been under feeding her. I divided it by 4 to begin with which should have been 225g but it was more like 190g Just wondering if you have an explanation? Thank you

Colabear asked on Jul 25, 2017

Hi Colabear,

Thank you for getting in touch. We are very pleased to hear that your dog loves her food! We are, of course, concerned to hear that you have found our products to be underweight and would like to find out more so as to get this issue resolved. Next time you are weighing out your portions, would you mind weighing the entire packet first? We had a similar enquiry some years ago where the kitchen scales were not measuring smaller portions accurately, but when the whole content of our 900g packet was weighed out, there was a minimum of 900g of food. If we are indeed supplying you with underweight product, we definitely want to get you are refund. Please get in contact via [email protected] so that we can organise this for you.

Best regards, The 4Legs Team.

Chicken with Vegies & Rice

Was recommended by breeder to only use grain free products for my 1yr old westie but my beagle has thrived well on 4legs for years so am interested to find out if the wheat bran has ever caused skin rashes as it would be easier to feed both dogs the same food? Thank you in anticipation of your advice. Norma.

Norma asked on Jul 04, 2017

Hi Norma,
If your dog is allergic to wheat or grains, then our products with wheat bran might well cause a skin rash. We find that most dogs thrive on our products despite the grain content. This is likely due to the fact that most of the product is made up of mostly meat, with a small amount of grain. As it happens, we now have some grain-free varieties. Look out for our Lamb, Coconut & Vegies 900g and Puppy 3 Meats with Sweet Potato 900g varieties in Coles and IGA supermarkets. We will also have grain-free varieties in Woolworths stores from mid September.

Best regards, The 4Legs Team

See all 34 questions about 4Legs Natural Dog Food

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these flavours is flavour