Verified Purchase Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Great quality premium dog food!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

We recently discovered this brand and it is definitely our favourite and Molly's favourite! She is sooo fussy with her food and this is the first brand she actually eats and goes to straight away. We love that 4legs is an Australian family made and owned company, and how natural the ingredients are for our dog. Another bonus is that the food is in ball shapes so its a lot easier and cleaner for our dog to eat as she has long hair around her face. Keep up the great work guys!

Comments
4Legs Official

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for supporting our brand! We love hearing about happy dogs and their owners loving 4Legs!

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta Roll

My dog likes it.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

So far appears to be satisfactory. Very difficult to find any roll that doesn' t have split peas in it, these seem to affect my dog, Cooper and so I either have to attempt to pick out the peas or now I'm adding in some oats to assist his intestines. I'm looking for quality product, many on offer have absolutely no dietary value in them, so natural and beneficial to their health is the prime concern.

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your dog is enjoying his 4Legs!

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

Love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

So easy to feed the dog with these balls. No mess, no fuss. I wont buy anything else now and I have recomended it to my extended family.

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

My dogs absolutely love this product! The boys have to sit before they get their food bowls - just part of our routine - they don't have to be asked when it comes to this product. Nothing left!

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your dogs are loving their 4Legs, thanks for the wonderful feedback!

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

My dog has a new favourite

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

My dog Yorky loves his new pet food it was good to mix things up abit and 4legs dog food is a winner. Good value for money aswell one 900g pack lasted a week !!

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for the excellent feedback!

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2017

My Labrador puppy absolutely loves 4 Legs food! It's also such an easy option that I know is good for her!

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for the great feedback!

sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 question
Private message

Verified Purchase Flavour: Kangaroo Plus 5

Fussy Minnie Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Minnie, fussy greyhound, very hard to keep interested in food, loves it, no problems, and so...so do I. Will keep trying other flavors

Comments
4Legs Official

Fussy dogs love 4Legs - great to hear Minnie is loving it!

Flavour: Angus Beef & Vegies Roll

My baby lovessss it :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

My mini foxy is a guts !! But he's fussy.
4lesg food is always finished with a complimentary burp ! :)

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for the brilliant feedback, we love hearing about happy dogs enjoying their 4Legs!

My dog loves this !! And if he does so do I ✅

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

My dog loves it and eats it without hesitation or issues. I’m glad it comes in the trays as they are so convenient

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for the awesome feedback, glad to hear your dog is loving 4Legs!

I was very surprised!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

I didn't think my dog Lenny would actually go for this but I was very happy to be proved wrong! Lenny absolutely loves it and I feel I'm giving him healthy food rather than fattening food!

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear Lenny is enjoying his 4Legs!

Happy canines

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

I have a cavoodle and a Pekingese that love the chicken and veggie product.fussy eaters so happy this hits the spot.

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your great feedback!

For the Fusspot

Our Staffy suffers from skin
problems and it seems to be diet related, since using 4legs her skin has improved.
Thanks 4Legs

Comments
4Legs Official

No worries! Glad to hear your dog's skin issues are improving on 4Legs!

Flavour: Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

A nutritious lite food.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

Have been looking for a light food as my dog needs to lose weight as she now has arthritis in the hips. This went down quickly with worming tablets hidden inside. I hope another lite flavour will be produced.

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for your brilliant feedback!

Flavour: Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

One happy little poodle

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2017

My poodle has had an upset tummy for sometime so on looking for something else that he would love to eat we tried this one and he absolutely woofs it down. VERY VERY HAPPY!!!!

Comments
4Legs Official

We love hearing about happy dogs woofing down their 4Legs - thanks!

Flavour: Angus Beef & Vegies Roll

my dog just loves it will keep buying it for her

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

My staffy has been a fussy eater so I tried this and she loves it so I will keep buying it

Comments
4Legs Official

Awesome feedback, thank you!

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Rice

Awesome choice for your fur baby

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

My puppy absolutely loves this food and I'll no longer be giving her canned food!! She MUCH prefers this too!!

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your dog is loving 4Legs!

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

Dinner delight

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2017

Harvey our pup loves the sweet potato puppy food and I find it is excellent to keep in the fridge as the odour is not to strong.

Comments
4Legs Official

Delighted that Harvey is loving his 4Legs!

Dogs love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2017

My dogs love this product. I find it's much fresher than tinned by far and is more natural. Will keep buying

Comments
4Legs Official

Love hearing about happy dogs who love their 4Legs - thanks for the feedback!

Oscar loves it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

Oscar loves his 4 leg products and is always happy at feed times. He is a very happy dog thanks 4 legs

Comments
4Legs Official

Glad to hear Oscar is a happy 4Legs dog!

good option

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

Looks real good. Smells good. It seems to taste good too, as Maui had no complaints. Quality ingredients too, Well done team at 4 Legs

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for the great feedback. Glad to hear Maui is enjoying 4Legs!

3 of 49 pages

Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

i have a 6 month old ridgeback cross (unknown what with )she is 12 kilos how much puppy food should i feed her ?

Stella asked on Oct 17, 2017

Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Hello, I haven't checked the other flavors but bought the lamb, coconut and rice flavour and have found it includes garlic (and has a yummy garlicky smell), but I thought garlic was bad for dogs? It looks like lots of experienced dog owners and a vet recommend this - can you comment on the garlic issue please? Thank you!

merryn asked on Sep 23, 2017

Answer this

Dear Merryn,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your concerns about the inclusion of garlic in our dog food products.

There are a lot of different arguments both for and against feeding dog’s garlic is small doses. It is of course widely agreed that dogs shouldn't be fed large doses of garlic.
Our vet consultant, Dr Felicity Banks, has determined that the level of garlic used in our food is so low that a dog (big or small) would need to consume twice its own body weight of our food in one sitting before the level of garlic consumed would be of concern. In addition, over the 17 years that our product has been available, we have never had a health issue brought to us by a consumer that has turned about to be related to the garlic content of the food.

Regarding the why, Animal Nutritionist Jonathon Woodroofe has provided the following:
Dogs have been consuming small quantities of garlic as a component of table scraps since they first started associating with humans. In fact, a committee established by the US National Research Council to examine the safety of dietary supplementation of dogs, cats and horses with garlic and other supplements noted that garlic has a long history of safe use with dogs when consumed in small amounts. Garlic has been associated with a variety of health benefits including boosting the immune system, acting as an anti-hypertensive and acting as an anti-infective.
In addition, it contains a number of nutritional valuable compounds, such B vitamins and organic trace minerals. A small, carefully controlled, amount of garlic is used in some 4Legs products. It is, however, important to recognise that many foodstuffs which are beneficial in reasonable amounts can be harmful if consumed in excessive quantities. There have, for example, been cases of toxicity in humans caused by over-consumption of carrot juice (due to vitamin A poisoning). It is true that excessive quantities of garlic consumed on a regular basis can be harmful to dogs.
Much of the present concern about garlic stems from a research trial conducted in Japan involving eight dogs 1. Four of these dogs were fed garlic at a rate equivalent to feeding a 20kg dog 100 grams of garlic a day (i.e. the equivalent of around 15 to 20 cloves of garlic per dog per day). Feeding this amount of garlic led to the appearance of damaged red blood cells but even with this very large dose none of the dogs actually developed haemolytic anemia.
This information along with references is also available as an article on our helpdesk portal:
I've heard that garlic is harmful to dogs, so why is it in your dog food? - https://4legs.zendesk.com/entries/26512713

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

My dog's vet thinks my dog has developed sensitivity to a particular protein. After a few experiments and elimination, I have learned that her stomach works well with a bit of boiled chicken breast, rice, and carrots. This looks like a good alternative - just wondering if anyone has experienced this and which variant should I try?

Gracie asked on Aug 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gracie, if you would like to try 4Legs, we suggest that the ingredient list be supplied to your veterinarian who can then help you to make a decision on whether the food is suitable. A chicken variety would be the better choice in this instance, for example the Chicken Rice & Vege Meatball 900g tray. However, any dietary recommendation needs to be made by the attending vet. If you'd like more information regarding our ingredients, you can check out our Website at http://4legs.com.au/product/ or you can contact our Help Desk on [email protected] Cheers Christine & the 4Legs Team.

See all 38 questions about 4Legs Natural Dog Food

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these flavours is flavour