Great meal for our dog

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Our dog gobbles these meat balls up so quickly, he absolutely loves them.
Only issue is it is very hard to remove the packing lid now.

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

Love ❤️ love ❤️ this product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

As I said I absolutely love ❤️ this product and would recommend to anyone. It is so easy to serve and does not have the horrible odour as some other brands.

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

Good food but we have fussy eaters

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

Our dogs eat it and they are fussy eaters so its good to find things they eat and like it.

My dogs love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

My dogs have become fussy eaters as they get older and I'm so thankful that I've finally found a product that they love and get excited to eat each mealtime

Maryborough, Qld

Flavour: Kangaroo Lite with Vegies

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

Bentley loves it an always wants more. Great range an that its natural. Recommend to anyone with dogs with touchy tummy

Verified Purchase Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Rice

Happy tummies and empty bowls

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

The dogs in my household and my mums love it, never any left in their bowls and most importantly it doesn't upset their tummies.

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

The dogs don't leave one bit.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

Our two dogs just love this dish and no doubt will be looking forward to all their meals in the future.

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Perfect for My pups sore tooth

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

These meat balls were perfect for my pup, while he waited for surgery to remove a broken tooth. Great size to push his table into and nice and soft post surgery. He wont each much else now!

Loves it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

My Lab loves these and so do I. We rotate on flavours from Beef to lamb and chicken. Love that it's natural free from preservatives, couldn't find another product out there the same. Clean up time is a breeze with no sloppy mess.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

My fussy Shihtzu loves it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2017

I was looking for a nutritional food for my Shih Tzu, who is very fussy. Saw it in Supermarket, so thought I'd give it a try. She loves it, will definitely keep feeding it.

• 3 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

Very good for sensitive stomachs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2017

I was behind a man in the supermarket queue who had this item and I asked him about this product and he said it was great and I should try it. I explained my Staffy Cross has an extremely sensitive stomach to foods and he said you won't have any problems. And sure enough after I tried it, my boy absolutely loves this product and has had no tummy issues at all which is a miracle. Also, I notice when he goes to the toilet there is little smell as opposed to the dry kibble I was giving him (not cheap, from the pet store). I would recommend the chicken and vegetable balls as well as the beef one which are the two we have tried. Also, as opposed to products like Natures Gift Roll (which I have also tried) they don't stink the fridge out, in fact I can barely smell it which is a huge plus as I hate odours in the fridge.

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta Roll

My dogs love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

We used to feed our huskies the bites but our supermarket stopped stocking them so we switched to the rolls. They love this just as much! Not as convenient as the bites due to having to cut up the roll but still an excellent product. Thank you for the offer of the free cap. We were appreciative of the lid when using the bites and will definitely enjoy the convenience of the cap. Thank for providing a great product.

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

Sooooooo Easy, its unbelievable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

Our dog is 18mths old & has never had dog food except for dry kibble, she loves it & we were surprised. It makes life very easy now not having to prepare fresh ALL the time & she just really loves it. Thank you so much

Really great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

Have a fussy eater, but she absolutely loves this given with some dry food & fresh meat. So glad we found it in supermarket

Great Food!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

Pup absolutely loves it! He's picky with his biscuits, but with these added he eats all of the biscuits as well.

Our dogs love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

Our dogs love their food and they love the 4Legs range. I mix it in with some dry food and it works.

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Rice

Our puppy loves this, it's great for training or adding it to his biscuits

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

Our puppy loves this, it's good for training or just add to biscuits. We have tried 3 flavours and he loves them all.

Carey Park, Western Australia

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

Our chiuhuahia absolutely loves this stuff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

Amazing pet food.. our dogs seem to love it... Won't be buying anything else . Thanks from Koko and her family

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Won't have anything else now

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

My dog had surgery & could only eat soft food now it's all she will have. Bonus is there is no awful smell thank you from Pippa & me

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

Easy healthy treat for dog training

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

My dogs love these as rewards for their training efforts. Easy to grab from the fridge. Its a bonus that they're healthy!

4 of 48 pages

Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

i have a 6 month old ridgeback cross (unknown what with )she is 12 kilos how much puppy food should i feed her ?

Stella asked on Oct 17, 2017

Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Hello, I haven't checked the other flavors but bought the lamb, coconut and rice flavour and have found it includes garlic (and has a yummy garlicky smell), but I thought garlic was bad for dogs? It looks like lots of experienced dog owners and a vet recommend this - can you comment on the garlic issue please? Thank you!

merryn asked on Sep 23, 2017

Answer this

Dear Merryn,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your concerns about the inclusion of garlic in our dog food products.

There are a lot of different arguments both for and against feeding dog’s garlic is small doses. It is of course widely agreed that dogs shouldn't be fed large doses of garlic.
Our vet consultant, Dr Felicity Banks, has determined that the level of garlic used in our food is so low that a dog (big or small) would need to consume twice its own body weight of our food in one sitting before the level of garlic consumed would be of concern. In addition, over the 17 years that our product has been available, we have never had a health issue brought to us by a consumer that has turned about to be related to the garlic content of the food.

Regarding the why, Animal Nutritionist Jonathon Woodroofe has provided the following:
Dogs have been consuming small quantities of garlic as a component of table scraps since they first started associating with humans. In fact, a committee established by the US National Research Council to examine the safety of dietary supplementation of dogs, cats and horses with garlic and other supplements noted that garlic has a long history of safe use with dogs when consumed in small amounts. Garlic has been associated with a variety of health benefits including boosting the immune system, acting as an anti-hypertensive and acting as an anti-infective.
In addition, it contains a number of nutritional valuable compounds, such B vitamins and organic trace minerals. A small, carefully controlled, amount of garlic is used in some 4Legs products. It is, however, important to recognise that many foodstuffs which are beneficial in reasonable amounts can be harmful if consumed in excessive quantities. There have, for example, been cases of toxicity in humans caused by over-consumption of carrot juice (due to vitamin A poisoning). It is true that excessive quantities of garlic consumed on a regular basis can be harmful to dogs.
Much of the present concern about garlic stems from a research trial conducted in Japan involving eight dogs 1. Four of these dogs were fed garlic at a rate equivalent to feeding a 20kg dog 100 grams of garlic a day (i.e. the equivalent of around 15 to 20 cloves of garlic per dog per day). Feeding this amount of garlic led to the appearance of damaged red blood cells but even with this very large dose none of the dogs actually developed haemolytic anemia.
This information along with references is also available as an article on our helpdesk portal:
I've heard that garlic is harmful to dogs, so why is it in your dog food? - https://4legs.zendesk.com/entries/26512713

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

My dog's vet thinks my dog has developed sensitivity to a particular protein. After a few experiments and elimination, I have learned that her stomach works well with a bit of boiled chicken breast, rice, and carrots. This looks like a good alternative - just wondering if anyone has experienced this and which variant should I try?

Gracie asked on Aug 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gracie, if you would like to try 4Legs, we suggest that the ingredient list be supplied to your veterinarian who can then help you to make a decision on whether the food is suitable. A chicken variety would be the better choice in this instance, for example the Chicken Rice & Vege Meatball 900g tray. However, any dietary recommendation needs to be made by the attending vet. If you'd like more information regarding our ingredients, you can check out our Website at http://4legs.com.au/product/ or you can contact our Help Desk on [email protected] Cheers Christine & the 4Legs Team.

See all 38 questions about 4Legs Natural Dog Food

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these flavours is flavour