• 3 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

Very good for sensitive stomachs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2017

I was behind a man in the supermarket queue who had this item and I asked him about this product and he said it was great and I should try it. I explained my Staffy Cross has an extremely sensitive stomach to foods and he said you won't have any problems. And sure enough after I tried it, my boy absolutely loves this product and has had no tummy issues at all which is a miracle. Also, I notice when he goes to the toilet there is little smell as opposed to the dry kibble I was giving him (not cheap, from the pet store). I would recommend the chicken and vegetable balls as well as the beef one which are the two we have tried. Also, as opposed to products like Natures Gift Roll (which I have also tried) they don't stink the fridge out, in fact I can barely smell it which is a huge plus as I hate odours in the fridge.

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta Roll

My dogs love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

We used to feed our huskies the bites but our supermarket stopped stocking them so we switched to the rolls. They love this just as much! Not as convenient as the bites due to having to cut up the roll but still an excellent product. Thank you for the offer of the free cap. We were appreciative of the lid when using the bites and will definitely enjoy the convenience of the cap. Thank for providing a great product.

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

Sooooooo Easy, its unbelievable.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

Our dog is 18mths old & has never had dog food except for dry kibble, she loves it & we were surprised. It makes life very easy now not having to prepare fresh ALL the time & she just really loves it. Thank you so much

Really great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

Have a fussy eater, but she absolutely loves this given with some dry food & fresh meat. So glad we found it in supermarket

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

Great Food!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

Pup absolutely loves it! He's picky with his biscuits, but with these added he eats all of the biscuits as well.

Our dogs love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

Our dogs love their food and they love the 4Legs range. I mix it in with some dry food and it works.

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Rice

Our puppy loves this, it's great for training or adding it to his biscuits

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

Our puppy loves this, it's good for training or just add to biscuits. We have tried 3 flavours and he loves them all.

Carey Park, Western Australia

Private message

Flavour: Beef, Veggies & Macaroni

Our chiuhuahia absolutely loves this stuff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

Amazing pet food.. our dogs seem to love it... Won't be buying anything else . Thanks from Koko and her family

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Won't have anything else now

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2017

My dog had surgery & could only eat soft food now it's all she will have. Bonus is there is no awful smell thank you from Pippa & me

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

Easy healthy treat for dog training

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

My dogs love these as rewards for their training efforts. Easy to grab from the fridge. Its a bonus that they're healthy!

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

My dogs love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

Have been trying lots of ways to feed my dogs a BARF diet, mostly too time consuming. After reading the label I am happy this is an awesome compromise that cuts down preparation and which my dogs love to eat. Would like more grain free options to add variety but overall super pleased with quality and price!!

Love them!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2017

Our little Coco loves her little balls of goodness for b'fast every morning!! The balls are quick and easy with no fuss, no mess and especially no yucky strong smells!!!

Boys can't get enough!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2017

I have 3 boys, all different breeds, sizes and dinner preferences. Finally, something that's good for them and they all love it. Thank you.

Best dog food available

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I feed 4 little dogs who are incredibly fussy eaters. I used to cook them chuck steak for their main meal. I needed to change as costs were prohibitive. I went through a wide variety of dog roll food that smelled disgusting. The dogs hated it. Then I discovered 4 Legs and life here for my doggies is so much better. They "love" their beef with veggies and pasta. I love it because it smells great and they leave their bowls clean every time. Honestly, feeding time is a cinch with 4legs dog food.

Yum!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Our GSD loves it - doesn’t last 30 seconds around her!! Recommend to anyone looking at a healthy option to regular biscuits

Flavour: Chicken with Vegies & Pasta

Gone before I've written this review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Bruno loves them. He has had a few teeth removed so the food is easy to chew and good value as well.

Verified Purchase Flavour: Kangaroo Plus 5

Just love em

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

My 2 girls have tried all the flavours and love them all, never have they left any behind. Also great to put medication in without them knowing.

Fantastic product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

Our miniature dachshund suffered from dreadful stomach issues. Trouble maintaining weight, many trips to the vet. Since we got her onto this product, no emergency vet trips, she has maintained her weight and is in amazing condition. Thank you for this wonderful, natural alternative for our fur babies

Flavour: Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

The price is great, my puppy loves it and will only eat this for dinner! Easy and healthy option. Love it!!

Lip smacking delicious!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

A friend bought a packet as a treat for my 3 dogs - and they loved it straight away. Looking forward to introducing the other flavours to their diet now.

5 of 49 pages

Puppy Food - 3 Meats with Sweet Potato

i have a 6 month old ridgeback cross (unknown what with )she is 12 kilos how much puppy food should i feed her ?

Stella asked on Oct 17, 2017

Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Hello, I haven't checked the other flavors but bought the lamb, coconut and rice flavour and have found it includes garlic (and has a yummy garlicky smell), but I thought garlic was bad for dogs? It looks like lots of experienced dog owners and a vet recommend this - can you comment on the garlic issue please? Thank you!

merryn asked on Sep 23, 2017

Answer this

Dear Merryn,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your concerns about the inclusion of garlic in our dog food products.

There are a lot of different arguments both for and against feeding dog’s garlic is small doses. It is of course widely agreed that dogs shouldn't be fed large doses of garlic.
Our vet consultant, Dr Felicity Banks, has determined that the level of garlic used in our food is so low that a dog (big or small) would need to consume twice its own body weight of our food in one sitting before the level of garlic consumed would be of concern. In addition, over the 17 years that our product has been available, we have never had a health issue brought to us by a consumer that has turned about to be related to the garlic content of the food.

Regarding the why, Animal Nutritionist Jonathon Woodroofe has provided the following:
Dogs have been consuming small quantities of garlic as a component of table scraps since they first started associating with humans. In fact, a committee established by the US National Research Council to examine the safety of dietary supplementation of dogs, cats and horses with garlic and other supplements noted that garlic has a long history of safe use with dogs when consumed in small amounts. Garlic has been associated with a variety of health benefits including boosting the immune system, acting as an anti-hypertensive and acting as an anti-infective.
In addition, it contains a number of nutritional valuable compounds, such B vitamins and organic trace minerals. A small, carefully controlled, amount of garlic is used in some 4Legs products. It is, however, important to recognise that many foodstuffs which are beneficial in reasonable amounts can be harmful if consumed in excessive quantities. There have, for example, been cases of toxicity in humans caused by over-consumption of carrot juice (due to vitamin A poisoning). It is true that excessive quantities of garlic consumed on a regular basis can be harmful to dogs.
Much of the present concern about garlic stems from a research trial conducted in Japan involving eight dogs 1. Four of these dogs were fed garlic at a rate equivalent to feeding a 20kg dog 100 grams of garlic a day (i.e. the equivalent of around 15 to 20 cloves of garlic per dog per day). Feeding this amount of garlic led to the appearance of damaged red blood cells but even with this very large dose none of the dogs actually developed haemolytic anemia.
This information along with references is also available as an article on our helpdesk portal:
I've heard that garlic is harmful to dogs, so why is it in your dog food? - https://4legs.zendesk.com/entries/26512713

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

My dog's vet thinks my dog has developed sensitivity to a particular protein. After a few experiments and elimination, I have learned that her stomach works well with a bit of boiled chicken breast, rice, and carrots. This looks like a good alternative - just wondering if anyone has experienced this and which variant should I try?

Gracie asked on Aug 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Gracie, if you would like to try 4Legs, we suggest that the ingredient list be supplied to your veterinarian who can then help you to make a decision on whether the food is suitable. A chicken variety would be the better choice in this instance, for example the Chicken Rice & Vege Meatball 900g tray. However, any dietary recommendation needs to be made by the attending vet. If you'd like more information regarding our ingredients, you can check out our Website at http://4legs.com.au/product/ or you can contact our Help Desk on [email protected] Cheers Christine & the 4Legs Team.

See all 38 questions about 4Legs Natural Dog Food

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these flavours is flavour