4Legs Natural Dog Food Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

4Legs Natural Dog Food Lamb, Coconut & Vegies is part of 4Legs Natural Dog Food rated 4.8 stars from 1765 reviews.

Healthy take out

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

I normally prepare my dog’s dinner so I know that they’re eating natural ingredients but am happy to feed this to them once a week or so when I’ve had a busy day. We call it their take-out

First-time User

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

As a relatively new dog owner, I am experimenting with various dog foods. This product was gobbled up, promptly, by my adopted 12-year-old Maltese Terrier. I noted that this flavour only came in a 110g pack - I would imagine that a larger pack would be more economical?

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Dogs just gobble them up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

The three dogs just can’t get enough they absolutely love these nutritious meat balls that they are happy to have them for reward or meal

Love

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

My dogs love the coconut lamb flavour! My very fussy dog who takes a lot of medications will only take his meds when I hide them in these balls. Have been such a huge help

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for the excellent review Sam, great to hear your dog is enjoying his 4Legs!

My dog loves the Lamb!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

Hi - If my dog loves it than I do. I had no problem introducing her to it (one sniff and she was right into it) and it's been no fuss from there. Thanks 4Legs!

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear your dog is loving her lamb 4Legs, thanks for the excellent feedback!

Bear loves it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

Bear really enjoys all the flavours of the 4Legs dog food; makes dinner time so easy and nutritious as well.

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

My dogs deserve nothing but the best & 4Legs provides just that.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

We only have our pets once & they deserve the very best & 4Legs provides nothing but the very best for my dogs.

Comments
4Legs Official

Thank you for your lovely words Jen, we feel the same about our pets too!

Grain Free Choices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

Nice to find a grain free alternative as our dog has a skin allergy and we are trying a grain free diet to help her condition. So far she loves the taste and finishes every last bit. Very happy so far.

Wonderful food for picky (1st time mum) long haired chihuahua

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Puppy foods for calcium but mindful of being preservatives free, have fed dog roll with now deceased retired guide dog prior to birth. I was lucky she gave birth to one stillborn & then only one pup but she became very picky with her food so tried both the adult & puppy gourmet ready meals both her and male pooch absolutely love it & puppy blooming.

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

My 2 dogs and my foster dog love these. Never leave any behind. Happy puppies. Happy house. Happy pet owner. :)

Comments
4Legs Official

We love hearing about happy dogs loving their 4Legs! Thanks for the wonderful feedback!

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Brilliant.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Libby has loved 4legs for 15 years. Handy for giving tablets. I love for their natural ingredients & easy for older dogs eat.

Comments
4Legs Official

Great to hear Libby is still loving 4Legs after all these years!

Sorry to say Libby has crossed the rainbow bridge.

adaley1954@iprimus.com.au

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

What a find!! Outstanding alternative!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

I have 3 dogs to feed, small, large, and huge. Was looking for an alternative to chicken necks for breakfast, and decided to try these. Well, what a marvellous change! They absolutely love this product, can't get enough of it. smells great, cheaper than necks, and better for them. Thanks heaps 4Legs!!

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for the great feedback Annette! Thrilled your dogs are loving their 4Legs!

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

No smelly farts in my house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I've been using 4 legs for close to 15 years. My current dog whom is 8 as never eaten anything different. Preservative free is defiantly better for our dogs. Breaks down their poos a lot quicker and they do not let off smells like tin food does. It's very convenient to buy and serve.
I do wish that you would release these with lids at least once a year for a couple of weeks for convenience to the users. It seems every time I have my dog looked after the lids get thrown away.

Comments
4Legs Official

Thanks for the excellent feedback Mileys Mum! It's great to hear you've supported our brand for so many years! You can get a new lid whenever you need - just visit our website (4legs.com.au) and we'll send one out to you!

Very healthy options

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

We have a Maltese shitzu 14 years old and very fussy with what he eats,he absolutely loves the Lamb coconut and veggies

Very handy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

My 8 year old husky cross has to take half a small tablet, each morning and again at night. I push the medication into one of the food balls and everything is eaten, including the flakes of coconut. Gave some to my neighbour and his small fussy eater ate them

worth it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

my 2 dogs love the taste and texture of the food. love that its grain free as my beagle pup has a sensitive tummy! pricing is good as what you read is exactly what you get.

• 1 helpful vote

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

One of our dogs is gluten intolerant so being able to find a grain free food she enjoys eating is a miracle!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Toodyay

• 1 question

Great Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

My dogs love this it is a very healthy option with natural ingredients highly recommend, even our small fusspot will always eat this, they enjoy the whole 4legs range.

Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Grain free and lean options !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

My dog loves the entire range, excited from the moment she sees them in the shopping.
She is a thic grl so having a lean option is so handy !

Verified Purchase Flavour: Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

It’s Marleys favourite!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

4 legs is a winner with our precious Marley every time. He’s tried them all and has love 4legs since he was pup! Thanks for a great fresh option!

1 of 7 pages

Read 1644 related reviews

Lamb, Coconut & Vegies

Hello, I haven't checked the other flavors but bought the lamb, coconut and rice flavour and have found it includes garlic (and has a yummy garlicky smell), but I thought garlic was bad for dogs? It looks like lots of experienced dog owners and a vet recommend this - can you comment on the garlic issue please? Thank you!

merryn asked on Sep 23, 2017

Answer this

Dear Merryn,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your concerns about the inclusion of garlic in our dog food products.

There are a lot of different arguments both for and against feeding dog’s garlic is small doses. It is of course widely agreed that dogs shouldn't be fed large doses of garlic.
Our vet consultant, Dr Felicity Banks, has determined that the level of garlic used in our food is so low that a dog (big or small) would need to consume twice its own body weight of our food in one sitting before the level of garlic consumed would be of concern. In addition, over the 17 years that our product has been available, we have never had a health issue brought to us by a consumer that has turned about to be related to the garlic content of the food.

Regarding the why, Animal Nutritionist Jonathon Woodroofe has provided the following:
Dogs have been consuming small quantities of garlic as a component of table scraps since they first started associating with humans. In fact, a committee established by the US National Research Council to examine the safety of dietary supplementation of dogs, cats and horses with garlic and other supplements noted that garlic has a long history of safe use with dogs when consumed in small amounts. Garlic has been associated with a variety of health benefits including boosting the immune system, acting as an anti-hypertensive and acting as an anti-infective.
In addition, it contains a number of nutritional valuable compounds, such B vitamins and organic trace minerals. A small, carefully controlled, amount of garlic is used in some 4Legs products. It is, however, important to recognise that many foodstuffs which are beneficial in reasonable amounts can be harmful if consumed in excessive quantities. There have, for example, been cases of toxicity in humans caused by over-consumption of carrot juice (due to vitamin A poisoning). It is true that excessive quantities of garlic consumed on a regular basis can be harmful to dogs.
Much of the present concern about garlic stems from a research trial conducted in Japan involving eight dogs 1. Four of these dogs were fed garlic at a rate equivalent to feeding a 20kg dog 100 grams of garlic a day (i.e. the equivalent of around 15 to 20 cloves of garlic per dog per day). Feeding this amount of garlic led to the appearance of damaged red blood cells but even with this very large dose none of the dogs actually developed haemolytic anemia.
This information along with references is also available as an article on our helpdesk portal:
I've heard that garlic is harmful to dogs, so why is it in your dog food? - https://4legs.zendesk.com/entries/26512713

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these flavours is flavour