Eight Homes is currently offering a $100 Prepaid Visa gift card to customers encouraging either a positive or negative review based on their build experience. This started from December 1st 2017. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such reward. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Excellent experience. Thanks 8 Homes!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

We are very happy with quality of our new home. Professional and helpful staff at all stages.
Excellent site supervisor. We had guidance and support throughout each stage and felt informed and relaxed.
Small issues at end of build but these have been handled quickly and efficiently.
Would definitely build with 8 Homes again!!
We love our new Chana 41 8 Home!!!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2019

Everything we wanted and more.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

What an amazing chapter to finally build our first home. We viewed heaps of homes and this was the layout for us. We spoke to Troy who was out sales consultant and was able to really delivery and work with us to get to what we needed to achieve. Nothing was too hard and was great to get his insights and honest expert advise that helped us piece together our home.
We were introduced to Mariah our customer service specialist and go to person, who has been a gem to work with in every way possible. No task is hard and is really thorough, attentive and always willing to help with her contagious personality.
Renee our contract and tender presenter was super easy to work with and made our initial experience enjoyable and fun. She was excited as us and genuinely wanted to help us put it all together. She really listened to what we wanted which is important in early stages.
The additional items are reasonable in price and in the end we actually got everything we asked for and went out of their way to assist in items that we really wanted.

We cant wait for the build to start and enjoy our next steps with eight homes.

We truly want to thank you for your time and efforts.
Well done.
Zac and Sam.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Zac & Sam, Thanks very much for your lovely review. We are really happy that our team have been able to assist you to design a home that has everything you need and your journey has been so po... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2020

A breath of fresh air - wonderful service and great floor plans

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

After seeing what felt like every builder in Melbourne, we were ready to put things on hold. No one was ticking all the boxes; either the floor plans were not ideal or the service was terrible. We thought we would look at one more builder and that was Eight Homes. Not only did we find our dream floor plan but were blown away by their wonderful service. Our sales consultant Larissa has been amazing. She has been soo helpful and patient with us; answering all of my 100’s of questions promptly. Everything was explained throughly and we felt very confident in choosing eight homes as our builder. We are almost at contract stage and are looking forward to the rest of the process.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Stephanie, we are very appreciative of your kind review and glad to hear your confidence! We wish you all the best on your new home journey and encourage you to please get in touch if you have any questions along the way.

Thanks,
Nikita

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2020

Affordable , flexible provide genuine guidance and available anytime.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

It’s perfect as per my budget and I got more than I expect. They do give genuine advice as per need. Explanation in depth so you can take decision which u want to add and how u want .
Sales person Emily was very calm and always happy to explain more than you want. She helped to find out the other things too. And she was available to help us anytime and she did finish our things with in time and budget.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Mitul B, thanks very much for your review. We are glad we have been able to help you select a new home and provide useful advise. We are excited to see how your new home progresses along the way... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Roller Coaster Ride- Now getting Back to Track- Part 1 :)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

After shopping around different builder came across with 8 Homes as it fit the criteria that tick the Boxes I am looking after.

1. Sales Consultant: Jason- Element Estate he was really helpful during his consultation and has gone over and above to modifies the plan as required/requested.

2. Pre-site administrator- Grace She has also been very helpful in answering hundreds of queries been put out by me prior to signing the contract and with all the adjustment in price/drawing. She was hard to catch but not to blame my project was not the only one she was looking after.

3. Post Contract Admin: Sharon, she has been helpful in communicating with any update as she heard back from the supervisor which was not good enough in the start but change in the supervisor on site has improve a lot.

4. Supervisor: Happy "NOW" that my home is in good hand "Now"!!

To be very honest I have lost all my hopes for my New/First Home when the home was in the initial construction Phase with my old Supervisor who never respected my emotions/dreams connected with it.. The way the home construction was going, every $$ I spent feels like Money going to the drains. Never ever received any call or an update hows thing travelling. Made my own effort to arrange a meeting just to have chat and see how things are going and an estimated time for completion. On the day of meeting a SHOCKING thing happen there was a CHANGE IN SUPERVISOR AND I WAS TELLING MYSELF- WHAT A POOR WAY OF COMMUNICATING TO CUSTOMER.

However, that change in supervisor was a "Blessing in Disguise": My new Supervisor "Beau" he is been super Fantastic. The guy has the full knowledge of the work he is doing. Beau coming on board for my home raised my Hope that the money I have spent is not a waste at all. Being a customer, you would have expected to get n update on your project which never happened before until it was in right hands. I can see the progress in construction stage each week I passes through my block. He has been really approachable via Phone,Text or even if I have to meet him on site to discuss the progress of construction phase. Long Story short- The Man has gone over and above to provide customer satisfaction which every one expect when you spend that hefty money. I do really appreciate the effort, Hard-work, dedication Beau and his team has put for my home.

Tips for Buyers: Go any different Builder It all comes to the supervisor and the Tradesman used by him. If the Person know what he is doing and respect your dream you are in right Hand.

Tips for 8 Homes: Need to update your portal like other builder where you can track the progress of each stage of construction.

Hope my little feedback will help everyone out there :) and will keep everyone posted with the next stage..

To be Continued Part 2 :)

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi RA2019, Thanks very much for taking the time to write a detailed review of your experience with Eight Homes so far. We are glad to have your feedback and it goes a long way towards improving o... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Is not smooth and stress free when building with eight homes/urban edge

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

The construction begun April 2018, it was quick from base pouring up to the frame stage. Then build progress went downhill from there. Our roof was completed only after 4 months! This is only 19 SQ building and I was told by the Sales person that it would usually take only 3 months to complete. It's also frustrating that my site supervisor kept me in the dark through-out the build. He called me only once after base was poured. I was the one doing the follow-up. When he gets to answer my calls I felt I was not treated as a client. I did make a mistake not hiring a building inspector at an early stage as I didn't trust my site supervisor in doing his job.

At fixing stage early November, a new site supervisor ([name removed]) was assigned to the construction. He is the reason I have given a 3 star for Eight Homes otherwise I would have given only 1 star. Since his take-over , everything became clear. He regularly updated me and answered my calls. He is a easy to deal with and will happily work with you with the issues you highlight . He was able to complete the defects that my building inspector found within a reasonable time frame. Now, we just completed PCI Jan 9th 2019. I will also commend [name removed] who also updates me regularly from early stage. I give [name removed] 5 stars as he deserved it.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2019

As good as it gets !!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Hi. We have just finished finalisng our tender and cant wait for the construction to start. We are so looking forward to the new home. Our sales consultant was Megan. She was very approachable and professional. Her ideas and thinking out of the box made the whole process so relaxing. We could ask her and suggets some ideas and she would be up for it. She was very prompt.
Then we had our colour selection with Kayy. She assisted us with some ideas and bright imaginations.
We then had our Electrical Appointment with Kate who was on the ball. She knew exactly what we wanted and made our appointment easy.
Now it just a waiting moment for our new house construction to begin in end of Jan 2019.
Eagerly looking forward to it.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Dee, We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review a review and are pleased to hear that our team has facilitated a relaxing process for you so far! Thanks for your kind feedback for our... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

It is more than a house it is our home and it is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

Punctual, well orientated, remarkable.
Brickwork could have done neater but overall good job.
All my questions and remarks was handled professionally.
Exactly the same i paid what i was agreed on when i signed the contract.
We are happy with the job eight Homes done for us and we will definitely recommend Eight Homes to our friends.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Arash,

We are very happy to hear you love you new Eight home and appreciate your kind feedback for our team.

We wish you all the best in your new home and thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.

Thanks,

Nikita

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Great work so far 8 homes!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

After doing much research on different designs from various volume builders for our small block, we came across the ace 1-26 from 8 homes. It was exactly what we wanted. We signed with 8 homes this time last year. From sales, contract, pre construction customer service to our onsite team we have had a good level of service. Don't get me wrong, building a house is stressful and there are always going to be hiccups, especially when dealing with tradies. We have had some minor delays and a few minor construction issues but our onsite team has always been there for us to rectify the issues. Our onsite team is always contactable and for me that is the most important thing. We have never felt neglected or alone as a customer. A big thank you to Cathryn, Caitlin, Zoe, Sharon, Nathan & Frank for making our journey so far a great one. I look forward to our house being handed over early in 2019.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Frank, Thanks very much for the great review. We love the Ace 1-26 and we hope you enjoy it just as much after you've moved in! We are very glad to hear your experience with Eight has been a p... read more »

I've just had my fix stage inspection with frank my superviser. Since he has taken over, my house has moved along so efficiently. Great bloke who is getting the job done. Really appreciate his efforts!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2020

Nice and Steady

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

House isn't completed yet but onsite manager Sharon and site Forman Gav have been great with assisting with my inquires and running me through the next steps of our build. My team has been very helpful and it is appreciated.
It's been smooth sailing at the moment and I'm looking forward to move in early next year with my small family.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Jake, We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we are pleased that your journey with us so far has been a positive one. We hope the rest of your build goes smoothly and wis... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Happy with our end result!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

We chose eight homes as we had heard fantastic things about them.
And they didn't disappoint we are so happy with the home we have been handed over, we did have a couple of ups and downs during the build but they were dealt with by Tony (site manager) and Ashleigh (administration) to make sure the problem was fixed as quick and as best it could be. The final workmanship of our home you can hardly fault and is all quality!

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Brandonpanariello, Thanks very much for your kind review. We are happy we've been able to deliver your new home to your expectations and thank you for your patience with fixing items arising al... read more »

Wallan

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

A good experience with a few ups and downs

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

From the sales team, James was phenomenal. My wife was in love with Senza design. Due to building rules at our estate, we could't fit the house on the land we purchased. James proposed a few changes, and all was good. He continuously followed up with the back office to facilitate the colour appointment and contract signing.

Colour browsing and colour appointment was good. The issue we had was not related to the team, but it was the various options to choose from. Jackie was very helpful with her suggestions and ideas about matching colours.

Contract signing was smooth, but it takes a lot of time for the back office team to finalise signing documents and getting all necessary approvals (e.g. engineering, management, etc.). Once we move to construction phase, our contract advisor was adequately reachable, and she used to send me fortnightly updates as agreed. We have had a couple of variations, and again, getting all paperwork done took some time (every time). In addition, getting some questions technical answered wasn't as easy as expected. Nevertheless, my wife and I understood that sometimes they needed to go back to their partners, manufacturers and providers.

As for the build itself, they have delivered what was agreed on. However, we had many issues with the quality or alignment with Australian standards. Being novices when it comes to the construction industry, we hired a private inspector for *all* phases of the build. The frame stage had many issues and lacked compliance with many standards. I informed 8Homes that I will not be paying the invoice until all issues were rectified. At that point in time, a new Site Supervisor (Dean) was assigned the build. Since that point in time, things had taken a major turn. Most importantly, we had an open and healthy relationship with Dean to discuss any hurdles or road blockers. This has built our trust in him, and consequently, helped smooth the journey throughout the remainder of the stages. There were times where our site supervisor pointed out issues before the private inspector did, but one many occasions, a few things escaped 8Homes. Again, and because of the rapport we build, we managed to move from one stage to the other.

I understand that the quality of work relies on trades onsite, but again, this is why you hire a builder (to transfer their risk and accountability) especially when you are not an expert. The team managed to finish the house in line with our expectations and based on our agreed contract and budget. When we moved in, there have been a few things here and there, but none went in the way of moving in. For the first few days, Dean was very reachable to address a few faults (e.g. paint touch-up, installing the antenna). He is still reachable and happened to pass by 2 days back. I have to admin that having Dean as our site supervisor not only had it boosted our trust in getting this done, but it also restored our faith in finishing the house in time (as per the contract). Dean has been a blessing since he became our site supervisor.

We still have a few minor items open, but they will be handled within the 3-month maintenance review.
overall, a good experience with ups and downs, but I would highly recommend hiring your own private inspector for all stages and with any building.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Maher, Thank you for your review and rest assured we take all of our customer feedback on board so we do appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. It is however nice to kno... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Untrustworthy once the problems began the blame game started and nothing yet has been fixed.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

To start with I’d like to start by saying I would definitely never go with Eight Home again or ever recommend them to anybody else.
I believe myself to be a patient and reasonable person and I knew building a home for the first time would be stressful and mistakes would be made, but the level of un professionalism delivered by Eight Home has just been rediculous.

To start with the reason I went with Eight Homes was because they sounded affordable and flexible with the floor plan. The sales person allowing me to make several structural changes without any hesitation.
I put down a deposit to lock in the price in January 2017 for Senza 4-28 house cost $187,900.

Then on the day of signing my final contract in December 2017. After having my colour selection and having chosen everything for my house.
I was told the structal changes I had made to my floor plan and en-suite on first choosing the house back in January 2017 couldn’t be approved. The changes and en-suite being one of the huge reasons why I choose the house and company in the first place.
I felt like I had no choice but to continue with them as the other houses I had been interested in, had increased in price my almost $10,000 by the time they pointed out to me I wasn’t getting what I originally wanted.
First huge disappointment!

The original floor plan price was $187,900 the actual final cost so far is approximately $275,000. A huge difference to what the sales person said it would come to with all the extras. So not so affordable after all.

By contract my house (Senza 4-28) was meant to be completed by the 18th of September 2018. Yet it is now mid December 2018 and I still don’t have the keys to my home due to faults found on the final inspection on the 17/8/18. The company has signed off acknowledging these faults which were meant to be fixed within a month.
But has not yet managed to fix them almost 4 months later.

Two major faults being structal.
The first, the front door and frame being installed with the incorrect colour glass which I pointed out back in February 2018 at the frame stage. Which they choose to leave it to fix later on and have now realised the whole front door frame will have be knocked out, reordered and replaced.
The second being the poor quality of finish in the brick and mortar work at the front of the house on the facade. They have actually failed to yet explain what the solution for this poor quality of work will be.
The other things are smaller like light fittings, cleaning and paint work. Which although small, they still haven’t been able to fix yet.

I believe in large part the poor quality of work and responsibility comes down to the fact that Eight Homes has changed my sight supervisor 4 times throughout the building process. Which then meant nobody took real responsibility for the work that had been done.
Whenever I put in a complaint about the quality of work or something not yet being fixed it was blamed on the supervisor before hand.

It almost became a common excuse, every time I emailed head office to point out that I hadn’t received any updates from the new supervisor I was told they had either been promoted, resigned or on personal leave and a new site supervisor was going to be in contact with me.

I am now down to the 4th site supervisors which in meant to be a manger of the department and communication hasn’t been any better.
I don’t have direct contact with him, I was never given his email and have not received monthly updates from him as Eight Homes originally said I would.

I am then forced to relay information through construction customer service specialist, which mostly replies saying they will get in contact with the sight supervisor and send me photo updates, which still hasn’t happened to date.

I am meant to be meeting with the site supervisor at my property on the 14th of December, 4 months from my final inspection to get the house keys and hopefully receive the finished product. Which I am unlikely to believe, as only yesterday I had someone check on the property sending me photos to prove that non of structal or minor errors had yet been fixed.
I emailed my construction customer service supervisor last Monday 9 days ago to ask for an update and have not yet received a reply.
Therefore I am putting up this review so that other people know what they will mostly likely be in for going through this company.

Yes they have agreed to pay liquidation damages but only to $260 a week, which does not even cover the loan repayment that I am currently paying for the house I can not live in.
Not to mention rent and other out of pocket costs that come along with waiting and the liquidation damages are not being paid while I wait I assume they will be paid once the work is completed.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Gaby, We're disappointed to read that you feel we have not met your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your concerns and as such we require some information from you. ... read more »

Hi Nikita Thanks for your reply I will email you through my details now as I am still in need of assistance. As the property is meant to be ready for hand over on the 14th of December in 2 days ... read more »

Eight Homes Official

Hi Gaby, We completely understand your concerns and please rest assured that our team are working hard to handover a finished home that meets the standard requirements. Unfortunately when buildi... read more »

Perfect first home!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Finished before schedule. Beautiful build quality and finish. The team at Eight Homes/Urban edge are great to work with like Rachel and Sharmila. Victor, our site supervisor was very understanding when we wanted to make a few changes during the build and he made it happen. I couldn't be more happy and greatful that we chose to build with these guys. Thank you so much

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Jonathan, Firstly, congratulations on the brand new home. We are so thankful for your kind words about our team, they will be so thrilled to hear this. It’s wonderful to read that we have been ... read more »

Melbounre

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Buyer beware do not build with eight homes!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

We have been building with Eight Homes for the past year and we are extremely disappointed with the process and execution of my families dream home.

We signed with eight homes 12 months ago and initially was impressed with the sales consultants presentation and had chosen them over the remaining competitive builders we could have chosen. The consultant was very helpful, promised a timely completion, exceptional finishes and quality. As you would expect the sales consultant, They can sell but the builder can not build! The evidence is as follows:

1. The slab was not measured or poured correctly, causing it to be too small for the frame. Hence, this caused an overhang of the frame of up to 90mm in one particular spot and 70mm along the entire alfresco wall. They decided to sneak structural grout under the frame to hide it & to pass the inspection, instead of getting an engineering detail to properly work out how to fix the issue. Then they tried to also cover up a smashed top plate with bricks so we wouldn't see it. I have photos of what eight homes think is acceptable and compliant if you want to privet message me.

2. The next issue that came up was with the frame. By this time, we were already on our 3rd site supervisor. The 3rd person happened to be the construction manager and even he couldn't get us moving after 3 months. Although they were able to send us an invoice for the frame even though it wasn't completed.

3. The staircase was built in the wrong spot, and further, had to be moved. They decided to re use the Josit hangers that were previously there and only fixed it with a few nails. Like we mentioned, by this time there was a large amount of delays. It took weeks for even the smallest task to be done, there was basically no communication and when there was a communation it wasn't at all accurate. The frame sat out in the rain for months, yet we were assured they would make back the time and hand over before the completion date.

4.They missed multiple items for our bush fire compliance, they missed a vent hole in our brick work, and our front door needs to have bricks removed.

5. Not only would we have to wait weeks for any supervisor (so far 7 in total) to respond to a text or call, they additionally could never give an estimation to when we would receive our dream home.

We are now over contract still have no firm date of completion and would highly recommend to anyone to use another builder. Please don't make the same mistake we did!

To conclude, the experience with 8 Homes has been disappointing to say the least. 8 Homes failed in their promises of quality, service and timely completion.

Please contact me for more details, no one deserves to be treated the way we are.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Dylan, Although we are extremely dissapointed to read about your negative experience with us we do appreciate your feedback and rest assured we take all customer feedback on board. We would lik... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2019

Great service but dishonest

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Fantastic customer service by the consultant who took us through all the finer details of the construction process, floor plan and design but sadly no mention about the loan approval requirements.
When the fixed quote was signed, it became stressful as we we’re being pressured to deal with its own broker.
Unfortunately, it became out of hand when the consultant began to make up stories that a pre-approval has been obtained without us doing or agreeing to anything.
So shocked with the turn of events. Highly recommended by my friends but now decided to pull out and look for a trusted builder.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Ede, Thank you for taking the time to review Eight Homes. Although it's great to read that you had such a wonderful experience at the initial stage of the process, it's a shame that you had f... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2018

This build and process has been a nightmare. We spent 420k on our dream home and have been treated with nothing but ignorance from our site manager since handover.
We have outlined numerous defects some of which are major and he wont even return our calls. The staff in the office say they will chase these issues up but never do.

Our house was handed to us in a pig sty of a state and the site manager should be ashamed of his work ethic and even more ashamed for his lack of communication

We still have numerous defects that need to be fixed. As of Dec 15 which is 90 days after settlement i will lodge my complaints directly with vcat.

If i could give zero stars to this review i would

8 homes feel free to contact me to discuss my plight as you are more than willing to take my money and run.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Paul, We are sorry to read that you have felt we have not met your expectations. This is extremely disappointing as we pride ourselves on the dedication and care of our team so this is not good... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Definitely Choose 8 Homes.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

We decided to build a new house for investment purposes. Choosing 8 Homes was the best decision we could have made. The process is as simple as stated. Being our first build we were guided through the process of building a house with everything transparent and up front. Exactly what you need on a budget.

The house was built on time with exceptional workmanship. There are always issues or things which don’t go to plan, our site supervisor Jason exceeded all expectations. He was always available to answer all questions and resolve any issues while ensuring our house was built with care and precision. Our Admin contact Ashleigh was just as amazing and was also available to assist with questions and updates throughout our build.

We have just completed handover and the materials used for the build really stand out. Dulux paint and Omega appliances which have 5 year warranty - exactly what you need for an investment property. Completed on time with no extra cost, we highly recommend 8 Homes as a builder and would not hesitate to build our next house with 8 Homes again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Sonia, Firstly, thank so much for choosing Eight Homes to build your investment property. It is wonderful to read that you have been pleased with the process and that our team were able to de... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Great Service, Great Home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

I have recently had my new Eight Home handed over to me and I couldn't me more happier with the quality of the finished product.
From Sales thru to Customer Service, Gallery,Construction every Eight team member I had contact with offered me polite, professional and genuine friendly service. My questions and requests (many!) were always answered and actioned very promptly
I would like to thank the following team members for their outstanding service:
Catherine-(sales), Grace (pre contract customer service), Jackie and David (gallery) , Ashleigh (construction customer service) and Jason (site manager). All of these people contributed to making my building journey both seamless and enjoyable, they are certainly great ambassadors for Eight Homes.
I would absolutely recommend Eight Homes and would certainly consider their services again should I build in the future

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Stuart, Congratulations on the completion of your beautiful new home and thank your for your great review! We are thrilled to read that you have had such a wonderful experience with the help o... read more »

• 3 comments
  • 17 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Great Site Manager, Poor Upper Management & Build Process

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2018

Urban Edge/Eight Homes are great advertising for other builders. I would not recommend this company to anyone!

To start with the office staff are absolutely horrible. We had to request a change in who was handling our file it got that bad. We were spoken to and treated like scum from contracts to date. Not to mention they are beyond incompetent. It took 6 weeks to get an acknowledgement of an email requesting a building variation from our “customer service specialist”.

Then there is the terrible workman ship, the contractors take no pride in their work. The list of issues on our build is disgraceful! Walls weren’t hung straight, cabinet handles are really challenging for the workers- one side will be horizontal the other vertical, cracked tiles, uneven brick works, cornices aren't straight, a casual 4cm between bricks and windows on the toilet window, our power box was smashed through the garage plaster- it was a fight to get that replaced.

We are now 5 months over contract end date (coming up to 6 months as of the first week of December), our entire brick works had to be ripped down because the senior management (our site manager was on leave) refused to listen to my husband when he told them that the brick works weren’t done correctly 3 days after the contractor began works. The mortar wasn’t mixed properly and fill was over tolerances. The only reason they finally got off their high horses and redid the brick works was because we had a private site inspection done. A word of advise to anyone building get a private inspection done!!

We have had to organise month to month rental agreements which is costing us an arm and a leg. On top of storage fees with furniture and appliance stores that are having to hold our items due to the build going over. And to top it off we have been contacted by the SRO regarding the possibility we will have to pay our FHOG back as we aren’t occupying the house again due to the build going so far over!

Our complaint was escalated to the building manager who has just made this situation worse. The amount of emails and phone calls that go unanswered and unreturned is pathetic. Our first conversation with him he told us he was going to fix everything- telling us everything that we wanted to hear. But that’s all it was TALK. I spoke to the GM some time ago about the poor customer service we had received and she was just condescending. Of course she backed her staff which as a manager you should - to an extent. Not when they are clearly in the wrong. I presume she only took my call so I stopped calling the office with our complaint. I still recall she ended the call with “This is just the journey you have to take to get to your dream home” what a joke! So apparently to get your dream home with Urban Edge/Eight Homes you need to have your build completely stuffed up, brick works ripped down, to go 5 months over contract end date, bleed more money than you have coming in and to deal with upper management that could care less!

I do need to emphasis this- Our site manager is absolutely amazing to deal with. He has gone above and beyond trying to make this experience for us better. If we call him he answers, if he can’t answer then he’ll call us back within the day - that we can rely on. He’s completely transparent, keeps us updated. The issues that he was able to fix he had fixed. It’s unfortunate he is given such poor contractors to work with. With the right crew he could give Urban Edge/Eight Homes some happy customers.

If senior management hadn’t of ignored our pleas to stop the brick works back when they started we would have been in our house month ago, I won’t hold my breath to be in before Christmas so thanks very much Urban Edge/Eight Homes.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Victoria, Thank you for taking the time to post your review and although we are disappointed to read that you have raised a number of concerns. It is however, nice to hear that you have been pl... read more »

Nikita I would love to know which team you are referring to given the Building Manager and Upper Management have ignored our emails and numerous phone calls. Hard to work through a complaint and bu... read more »

1 of 23 pages