Eight Homes is currently offering a $100 Prepaid Visa gift card to customers encouraging either a positive or negative review based on their build experience. This started from December 1st 2017. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such reward. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2019

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Felt at ease all along the way, even when things weren't going to plan I was made to feel that I am being looked after. Glitches were handled and everything is now on track again. Construction has commenced without delay and we are very excited to move into our new home. Thank you to the whole team at Eight Homes :)

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Humeyra, Thank you for your kind words and honest review. We understand that obstacles can arise during the build process, however we do pride ourselves on the service and expertise of our te... read more »

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Our Construction is starting in next week, Our experience has been amazing with Eight homes so far, our whole process is going as according to the plan. We are really satisfied with the whole process. When we book the design we also got Gold pack in half price. So the final cost we got at the end was much better as compared to other builders.
Our building supervisor Nancy has been really helpful in the whole proces.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Mann, Thank you for taking the time to review Eight Homes. We're thrilled to read you've had an amazing experience and we're confident this will continue throughout the construction stage. Ma... read more »

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Excellent homes for the best prices

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

We built our 1st home with Urban Edge and were so impressed by the quality of the build and exceptional service .
So when we buit our 2nd home we decided to go with Eight homes as they are the same company because it was an investment property.
As usual Eight Homes came out on top .The quality and workmanship that we have received for the price we have paid is to be seen to be believed.
Our co co ordinator Rachel Ellis from the office was so helpful and lovely to deal with.every email and phone call was answered or returned and lots of progress reports were given throughout the build.
Our site supervisor Victor Elso has to be the best i think.Kept us updated throughout the build and was very helpful in adjusting our requirements.
Eight homes finished our home well before the contracted finish date.
Would recommend Eight Homes to all people who are looking to get exceptional quality and workmanship for an amazing price

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Robert, Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We're delighted to read you've had a wonderful experience throughout each stage of your journey with Eight Homes. Thank ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

Customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

Excellent staff and very helpful. We had amazing experience and would recommend 8homes strongly. Unique designs that work perfect for all family sizes and easy to customize to suit individual requirements. 8 homes has helped us design our ideal home and construction is going on at a steady pace and we continue to receive regular updates. Thanks for all the help.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Ayesha, Thank you for the amazing review. Our staff are extremely grateful for your kind words and we are confident this will continue throughout the remainder of your build. Ayesha -... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Will not recommend Urban Edge/8 Homes to any one.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Didn’t expect such a bad customer service from 8 Homes. Having so many issues before and after moving into the house. Site supervisor doesn’t answer the phone and never responds to emails or messages. Site supervisor after agreeing to attend, didn’t bother to come. He was not courteous enough to inform us that he was not coming. I took day off from work to make sure I was there. I also include his supervisors in the emails but they also don't bother to follow up.

The issues I am facing but not limited to:
Wrong downlights are installed
Wrong tiles are laid
NBN box were not installed
Cracked floor board
Scratches on Kitchen stone benchtop
Garage door not closing properly
Outside light has been installed at a very low height as compare to the other lights

I understand issues can happen but when you paid for the service you expect them to provide good customer service in order to resolve the issues. You expect them to be on top of it. But unfortunately the site supervisor doesn't even return the call.

It’s very disappointing to experience such a bad customer service. I have given them more than reasonable time to fix the issues before posting my review here. I will not recommend any one to go with them. I am prepared to go all the way.

After I posted this review on 29/08/18, Construction Manager West Region visited our place and assured us that he would resolve the issues. It’s 03/10/18, not even a single issue has been resolved.

We have tried several times to contact him by sending emails and tried calling him many times. He stopped replying to emails and also not answering the phone calls.

If anyone needs more information please email me on rishidevkapoor@gmail.com

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Urban Edge Official

Hi Ricky, This is very disappointing to read your review. In reference to you feedback about the items you have listed and that you feel that your Site Supervisor "doesn't answer the phone... read more »

Hi Alexis, I expected you to know that we are not dealing with our site supervisor. Your West Region Construction Manager advised us more than a month ago not to deal with our site supervisor as he... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2019

Our First Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Our Journey this far

Since this is our first home we are purchasing/building we have been rather demanding, due to my nature I like to know everything that is happening and have kept many different pieces of paper with prices and questions jotted down all over the place.
We had an idea of the home we wanted to build and decided on the Eight Homes Senza 28 due to its size and keeping the kids seperate.
Our first meeting with Jason Spriglio, senior sales consultant, was fantastic and he helped us with our first sales quote as we where over 12 months out from building. He answered a lot of questions we had as I was busy trying to write down all the information and costs.
Then we dealt with Caitlin John, presite customer service specialist, I must say Caitlin has been amazing in dealing with us as I am a very demanding person and the amount of emails Caitlin has had to deal with from me and some even asking the same questions, and sometimes sending multiple before hearing a reply ( I can just imagine what they must think of me), it is just who I am and due to our first home I am rather nervous and often demanding. Caitlin has been proffesional in all her dealings with us and it was a pleasure to finally meet her and Renee Gauci , Contract and Tender Presenter, when it was time to go through final plans and contract. This was also a very good experiance and they dealt with my nerves and many questions easily. I would really like to thank them for helping and answering all of my questions along the journey, and I am sure they are looking forward to no more emails from me. I am looking forward to getting assigned a site advisor and hope they are as friendly and professional as the people I have dealt with so far. I also hope I don't annoy them as much as the others.
I will update this review as the rest of the journey continues.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Jeremy, Firstly, congratulations on embarking on such an exciting journey. We are thrilled to read that you have had such a wonderful experience with the help of our team. Be assured that we w... read more »

8 Homes-Our First Ever Build-Good Experience So Far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

Note:We are currently in the Fit Out stage so the build is yet complete. All plaster,skirts,cornice and doors fitted.
Up to now we have no complaints with the quality and standard of materials used, customer support, process and time it has taken. Sharon Muscatello is our customer service specialist and she keeps us up to date with weekly emails and calls with build updates as well as any variation changes that have been out of there hands due to manufacture supply changes. Our site manager Drew who came along after the frame stage also keeps us up to date and has been very accomodating with any requests for a site visit as well as giving us a weekly up date and what is planned going forward.
So far the build has gone to plan with no hidden costs or requests.
All tradesman we have met onsite so far have been very polite and accommodating regarding the work they have been doing, work quality so far has been exceptional.
We have found 8 Homes to be a very good builder for our first Home building experience.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi L J BvP, Firstly, congratulations on building your first home! We are honoured that you chose to do this with us! We are so happy to read that your experience has been such a positive one so... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

We can't wait to move in!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

My sister and I chose to build our first property with Eight Homes as their floor plans and costs allowed for us to enter the property market much earlier than we anticipated. The costs have remained unchanged since we finialised our contract. It has been a great relief to know we wouldn't have to approach the bank for further funds or endeavour to find it ourselves.
The salesmen at the Warralily display in Geelong were incredibly helpful and worked with us the alter the floor plan to meet our needs and wants. When moving to work with the team in the head office Maria was absolutely incredible and we are so grateful for her assistance, attention to detail and help guiding two young home buyers as they navigated their way through the building and construction world. Jason our site supervisor has been prompt and detailed when responding to our questions or concerns and Sharon has always been on hand to ensure all is running smoothly. We can't wait to do our final walk though and finally been given the keys to our new home and hopefully what will be our financial security.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2018

Fantastic service one on one

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Since the day Mariah took our build as customer service specialist we knew deciding to construct with 8Homes was not a mistake. It has been a really good experience, especially getting her phones calls with updates regarding build progress. Her friendly approach and attention to details has made our experience one to remember. 8Homes team great, Mariah excellent, punctual, always get back to you with answers, we recommend them, we know new customers will be lucky to have her.

Mariah

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

our home has really been a challenge emotionally we have had many hickups and delays however Mariah and her dedication to her job has made our journey much easier. she is a bubbly and knows how to cheer you up when needed on behalf of myself and my family I would like to thank her for everything she has done for us and hope the rest of our journey will be smooth

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Col, Thank you for your review. It's nice to know that despite the challenges that you encountered during the process that your Customer Service Administrator was able to support you and delive... read more »

Great Service !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

I would like to start off by saying thank you to all the departments for helping me build my beautiful modern home of mine, but most of all Mariah has really took customer service to the next level Mariah has a great and honest personality! She has been great through the whole build. She always answers my calls and questions when ever needed. Thank you so much

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Janine, Thank you for taking the time to write this incredible review. We're delighted to read you've had a wonderful experience throughout each stage of your journey with Eight Homes. Thank... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2019

Eight homes, definitely make it easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Our experience with Eight homes has been really great! We experienced minor set backs at the start of building but our customer service representative has been nothing but informative during the process, our site manager sends us updates of our house, overall at eight homes our experience has been exciting and positive! Thanks Sharon, Glen and Grace you're the best

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi RikS, We are thrilled to read that your experience with Eight Homes has been exciting and positive, despite your minor set back. Thank you for the kind words, as we certainly strive to provide ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Mariah and her amazing customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

To be completely honest the build of our new home has been anything but smooth as anyone building a new home would be more than aware of however every cloud has a silver lining and our silver lining has been Mariah she has been nothing short of amazing if she says that she will do something or call you back it always happens I have expressed my experience with Mariah to everybody I have spoken with at 8 homes as she is a real asset to 8 homes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Ethan, We appreciate your honest feedback and It's wonderful to read that despite the challenges that you encountered during the process that your Customer Service Administrator was able to su... read more »

It's been great building with 8 Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

I'm very happy that we decided to go with 8 Homes, right from the start with choosing a builder and design. James at the Mernda display home was helpful, friendly with no pressure, his recommendations also helped us to find the perfect piece of land for us. The colour schemes were easy to choose from and now that we're close to completion, I'm really happy with the colours and fittings. The contract process was easy and Maria looked after that process for us and kept in touch with the developer about title dates and provided me with regular updates. Once the land was titled the construction has happened very quickly and I've felt excited about the process and seeing the house come together. Sharon has helped with navigating the building consent / council / utilities etc. Dean the building supervisor has been great, sending me photo updates and phoning me to keep me informed, Dean is right onto it and has got work re-done when it's not been up to his standard! The whole process has been smooth and relatively stress free, I feel confident that the work is being done well and it's all getting taken care of. The construction process has been quite quick, I'm happy and looking forward to moving in very soon!

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Jo,

Thankyou for your detailed review.

We are pleased to read that you have had such a great experience dealing with your dedicated team and look forward to handing you the keys to your beautiful home very soon.

Kind Regards,

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Fabulous service, exceeded my expectations

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Exactly the same - there were no hidden costs. What they quoted at the start was the only amount I paid. The entire process from beginning to end was professional, personal, efficient and pain free! They communicated with me regularly and kept me up to date on the status of the build. They were courteous and sent me regular photo updates and allowed me to visit during the build process (with supervision)

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Nav, Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience and we are confident that this will continue throughout the remainder of your journey. In the m... read more »

Customer service to a T - THANK YOU MARAIAH CAREY

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

I am so happy with eight homes I am still very early in my build but I am happy so far. From Sales to pre site as well as Mariah my onsite customer service administrator has been amazing. Mariah has been very prompt and has answered all questions that I need answered she is also very bubbly and happy to help whenever I need. I am looking forward tom working hand in hand with Mariah to complete my home.she has been great support and I am very happy with the overall of eight homes so far ! Great work

Comments
Eight Homes Official

HI Rachel, Thanks so much for your review. It's so lovely to read that you have had such a wonderful experience so far, and your customer service administrator will be so grateful to hear of you... read more »

mariah

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

would like to express my time with Mariah at 8 homes she has been nothing but brilliant and I feel this need to be egnologed as an employee! 8 homes we have had an emotional rollercoster however this girl has been there for us through it all and she is a credit to you as a company and always manages to see the positive in situations and she has a great personality which is hard to come by.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

HI Nathan, What a fantastic review. It's so nice when our people are recognised for their hard work and dedication to delivering great service to our customer's and its lovely to know that Mariah ... read more »

Wollert

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

BE AWARE - Read full review!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

PLEASE READ FULL REVIEW - 5 STAR RATING BASED ON OUR ONSITE CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST [name removed]!!

We started our journey with Eight Homes back in March 2017 and had an amazing experience with the sales team in Mernda. [name removed] was very knowledgeable and went above and beyond to help us design our home to our estate guidelines and to achieve being in our home by Christmas 2017.
However once we moved from the sales office into the pre site everything turned Into a nightmare! They couldn’t get the plans right and did what they felt was right despite our requests. Attempted to charge us for pegs that were actually there.
Once all sorted we moved to the construction stage where the nightmare really began.
3 site supervisors continuous lies, countless phone calls (most not returned), 6 months over end of contract date, a complaint lodged with the DBDRV and today (21/9/18) we are finally picking up our key.
If it wasn’t for [name removed] we would’ve been down at the office refusing to move until we got answers. If I could give her higher than 5 stars I would.
She is so understanding and put up with so much crap from us because she was the only person who would answer/return phone calls. [name removed] is a real asset to Eight Homes and we can’t thank her enough.
Whatever you DONT BUILD WITH EIGHT HOMES

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Kik87, Thankyou for your detailed review. We appreciate your honest feedback and are always open to all customer feedback whether it be positive or negative. I have forwarded your review onto... read more »

Hi Nikita, Based on our experience I hightly doubt that someone will be in contact with me regarding our experience. We collected the keys on Friday - the final PCI it was noted that the rubb... read more »

sydeney

• 3 helpful votes

Excellent and fast service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Eight homes have given us fabulous services. I would say that they do what they say.they have worked around our requirements in the house and managed to make it possible the way we wanted.i would highly recommend eight homes to those who wants to build there home quick and fast without any hassles. We haven’t come across their workmanship but my friend said that they are good at their work.highly recommendable .

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Jack,

Thank you so much for your review.

It's great to read that you have been happy with the process.

It has been our pleasure and we wish you all the best with your beautiful new home.

Kind Regards,

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Do yourself a favour and Stay away and save your time and money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

Stay away from theses dodgy people they take your money and basically tell you to stuff yourself. I am building with them and there are problems before even contracts. Did a big mistake by not following my instinct to stop there. Ended up long delays in contract because they couldn't get it right. Then they tried to cheat by changing half the house into foam instead of brick without even asking. And then told me they need extra build time because they have to put bricks on outside walls. Then did too many mistakes in the building and I later find out that the construction supervisor had a different plan than it was on the contract. Now they have taken almost all the money (fixout payment done)end of june. Now no one even enter the property from more than one month. Its end of September now they been telling me lies over and over. Supervisor informally told me house will be handed over end of August and they haven't even done anything since then. When you do you fixout payment it usually takes 4-6 weeks for the hand over but these people pretty much ceased the work work after the last big payment. Now we stuck and cant do anything because they added extra 80 days to the contract because of brickwork that only took them 2 days.

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS DODGY BUILDER.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Gursewak, Thank you for your review. I understand that your dedicated customer service administrator has been in contact with you today and is working through the concerns you have raised and... read more »

Hi Nikita,
Thanks for reply still waiting for the clarification on why all the works are ceased and 80 days were added to contract duration

Update
Construction manager assured to remove extra 80 days from contract and assured the work will resume sometime this week. Hopefully it will make everything all right.

1 of 21 pages