Eight Homes is currently offering a $100 Prepaid Visa gift card to customers encouraging either a positive or negative review based on their build experience. This started from December 1st 2017. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such reward. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Far exceeded our expectations.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

We were very pleased with Eight. As first home buyers/builders we had absolutely know idea what was required to buy land and build a house. Chris and Dan at Armstrong Creek were more than happy to help us out with expertise and learnings experience from the small things like local council requirements and permits right up to resale and money saving ideas.
Throughout the build we were kept well informed, everything ran smoothly and were in well before our expected date which was a treat.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi mattb, Firstly congratulations on the completion of your brand new home and thank you for your kind words. We are so thrilled to hear that you had a positive journey and that we were able to ex... read more »

Overall Good Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

The initial sale consultants Chris and Daniel from Geelong were fantastic, very prompt and helpful. The building stages were right on track in terms of time and schedule however during the process there were a couple of minor mistakes regarding the chosen items for our home. The communication between the 8 homes staff was OK but it is something to certainly improve on. For example, I had to ask the same question multiple times via email as the question was being ignored. In addition, the supervisor and customer service admin had poor communication and often emailed me to tell me which stage we were at, a week after we had already completed that stage. Apart from these minor inconveniences, overall the build was a pleasant experience. We would be happy to build with 8 homes again.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Dee, Thank you for your review and we appreciate your honest feedback! We are pleased to hear that despite some issues that you experienced,overall you still had a positive journey building wi... read more »

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

NO complaints or concerns. I was well informed with every stage and every stage was completed well ahead of time .
Great customer service
Well priced - with turnkey options
Well managed - with access to speak to the project manager who happily answered relevant questions.
Being from interstate we had a seamless experience
Completed ahead of time
Highly recommend

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Lee, Thank you for your wonderful review and congratulations on your brand new home! We are so pleased to hear that you found your build journey to be a seamless experience and that we wer... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Stress free build and love the finish product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Sales person was very helpful and explained everything in detail, smooth process there.

Legal document is daunting to go through and felt most things are in favor of the builder. Need to go in with a leap of faith but I assume this is with all builders. All these jargons to protect them with little reassurance the product will turn out as per my expectation.

Committed with them at the end. To my pleasant surprise everything went very well although I did not really visit the site at Wallan and constantly chase them up, just let them do their work. The building manager Glen kept me updated regularly enough and ensure builder surveyor passed each stage. I did not visit the site once the whole time until they told me it is finished. The finish product is better than I expected. The site manager went through the pre-delivery inspection with me and we gone through all the minor things that needed touched up. They fixed everything and we did the handover,

I was expecting things to be a lot more difficult but glad it was smooth.

Customer service is good and also kept me updated throughout the build plus given me ample time to make each progress payments although I did not require finance so not sure what the process is like if I have to go through banks.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi erich, Thank you for your kind words! We are so pleased to hear that you have been happy with the journey and that you have found our team to be helpful throughout the process! Congratulations ... read more »

We Love Our New Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

overall we are very happy with the workmanship and quality of our home, the site supervisor was very accommodating and the customer service and support exceeded my expectations, I am quite fussy and expect high level of customer service and was not let down through the entire process. if at any stage of the build I expressed my concerns and these were almost alleviated immediately.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi danr,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for choosing Eight Homes to be a part of your build journey.

Congratulations from the entire Eight Homes team and may you create many years of happy memories in your home!

Kind Regards,

Bec

We love our new home!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2018

We started to build our beautiful new home with 8 homes in September 2017 and were handed our keys on 28th March!! We are so extremely happy and thrilled with the end result and can't beleive we are finally in our dream home.Throughout our building journey we were appointed a new Construction Customer Service Officer Mariah Spiteri who has been amazing! Mariah has been nothing short of professional and was so accommodating to our every need. Being our first build and sometimes being a little frustrated Mariah made the process so much easier and pleasant. Nothing was ever a problem and her friendly and bubbly personality made our process a pleasant one. We are now set up in our home and are enjoying every minute of it!

Melbourne, VIC

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Solid in Structure - Delay in documentation, design and build

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

Things started to move finally, I'll update the reviews and will keep you posted..

as I believe there are some structural issues, which needs to be fixed (e.g Balcony is not built as per design guideline, some of the Windows were installed incorrectly, some electrical mistakes).

One thing i can say and that is very positive : best structure very solid, they have used very strong steel and iron beams to hold the structure..

Delay - Delay - Delay (more than 2 years since I stuck with 8homes)

I wish I could rate them better… after that long time...

8 easy steps to get more stress, Broken Promises, delays and incompetent site supervisor (which was then changed and now new supervisor is working on the project):

Step 1: Signed initial contracts and Sales Rep left company (3 months to get new Sales Agent)

Step 2: Signed again and finalize the quotes and designs (who got approvals from sales and engineering - in approx 2 months)

Step 3: Went to first Tender Appointment : got the changed prices, and drafting team has made up their own plans, which were hugely different than what discussed in the quote/ drafting meetings, We have adjusted the plans to reflect all those changes again.

Step 4: Went to second Tender Appointment (date was given after 2 months : Again got the new prices, and drafting and Engineering team has made-up again their own plans, not reflecting the changes which discussed in the first tenders, and again prices changed, (Due to the changes, re-drafting fees, we have to adjust the plans as they didn't incorporate the changes as what we discussed/ agreed).
We then signed the designs,, although plans were not reflecting all the changes to avoid more delay.

Step 5: after been waiting for more than 2 months, (as there sales manager went on holidays and no one was there to approve, when he came back and we received an email, that the design, which 8homes drafted, and we have been waiting for, is not achievable and therefore we have to change again..

Step 6. We went to signing contracts, with a lot of mistakes… we have been promised that all the changes will be done prior to start of building .. but there were still items which were not been completed.. our admin lady is trying very hard but as of now we have been so deep in construction and still awaiting changes to get through.

Step 7: we are still waiting, we have been promised for days and then weeks and months pass and we send emails and emails but no positive response (I don’t blame admin) but processing time is no more than 2 months for each small item (regardless who is at fault)

Step 8: Stay away if you want to live a happy life

in short 1/100, but unfortunately there is not many

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi D8Eighthomes, Thank you for your feedback. I understand a member of our service and warranty team are currently working through your list items. So please get back in touch with your service ad... read more »

Hallam

• 1 question

We love our new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

Our experience with 8 Homes from the beginning to the end was amazing. We had no stress throughout the process due to the professionalism of the staff that we dealt with. We were given timely updates and the documentation was very organised as well. The workmanship of the construction exceeded our expectations. When we pointed out even minor issues at the final inspection (there were only minor issues), the site supervisor readily attended to rectify them. Timeliness of the project completion was also praiseworthy. Special thanks to the site supervisor, Canio and the project administrators, Chloe and Mariah. We highly recommend 8 Homes to anyone who is planning to build a new home.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi HashMP, Thank you for your fantastic review. We are so pleased to hear that you have been happy with the journey and I will pass on your kind words to the team. Congratulations on your brand n... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Excellent customer service and very helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

Great customer service, excellent help, took me through the whole process and explained every single step of the build. Considering its my first home i walked in with pretty much no knowledge at all and previous builders that i had met in the market were nothing but waste of time. Lovely Megan :) at eight homes gave me almost 4 hours after business just to make sure i dont get time off my work. Hats Off

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi GPC, Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with us so far and we look forward to assisting you throughout your journey to building y... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Finally got my home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2018

We start building in September 2017 and got the keys of house on 16th March,we never thought to get the keys this early, The journey was smooth, no disappointment, the main reason to choose 8 homes was the price which was under my budget and we made 30 Sq house which was our choice to make a large home, thanks to 8 Homes , strongly recommended.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Pritpal, Thank you for your positive review and congratulations on receiving your keys to your brand new home. We are so pleased to hear that you found the journey to be smooth and that it met ... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

You have been warned

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

We signed our contract for our house in February 2017 and have had nothing but disappointment from 8 Homes from then on. We are still waiting to move into our new home, while our neighbours who's build started weeks after ours have been in their home for 3 weeks.

We have constantly had to follow up on mistakes made by 8 homes from contract signing to the final stages.
Plans have been drawn up wrong causing issues with the build, to the point where they have plumbed our bathroom wrong for the free standing bath that we picked before the contract was signed. 8 Homes are expecting us to pay for their mistake and want $1,900 to put another bath in that is the only option similar in shape to the one we picked. Why should we be paying for their mistake and having to compromise on the bath we want?

Throughout the build process we have been getting private inspections completed, all the inspection reports have come back with a high number of defects, the pre plaster inspection report indicated a very high number of defects. 8 Homes then put plaster in when we clearly told them we wanted a re-inspection of the frame, we were left with no choice but to take their word that they had rectified all defects.

There are silly mistakes being made such as doors being hung wrong and a water pipe has been put straight over the man hole, making access impossible.
Bricks at the front door and laundry have had to be pulled out and replaced due to there being huge mortar gaps between them.
Termite treatment was taken out when we wanted it included.
Plans were drawn wrong and room sizes were not correct that we extended.
We also paid extra to get a gas line installed in the alfresco ceiling and this was placed in the wall instead, we had to point this out to the site supervisor to get this fixed so they obviously weren't paying much attention to the plans.
We feel 8 Homes are very incapable and you will end up with a house with a lot of faults and defects if you do not keep a close eye on everything they do.

Customer service and communication is pretty average at the best of times and has been throughout the whole process. It takes weeks to get an answer to any issues and you get hardly any information about how the build is progressing, and if you do its outdated information.
We were receiving claims for payment for stages they weren't even competed at one point.
They have also connected the gas and transferred it into our name without informing us, common courtesy is missing.

We are currently up to our 4th site supervisor and 3rd 'customer service specialist'.

If we could pick our builder again we would not choose 8 Homes and its a shame our first build has been full of disappointments and constantly having to chase people for information or answers. It has not gone smoothly at all.
If you are looking to build with minimum stress I would not choose 8 Homes.

It's sad to known that despite communicating all these issues with 8 homes you, the only thing they give you is empty promises and straight out lies. We aren't picky customers with the only intention of having a product built correctly and to building standards, sadly they have failed to do so.

Please also note that this review is only the tip of the iceberg as the following are also issues we have faced;
- Open roof tiles for over 4 months with only a phone call to tell us that apparently their was no damage. (Where the documentation?)
- Rushed into signing a contract 4 months from out land titling. This was apparently to help them have a head start, however it took them 5 weeks after land titling to commence works.
- Leaving the house unlocked and open after lockup stage.
- Dumping waste on neighbours properties.
- Straightening skirting boards to cover up curved walls.
- Unfairly being charged for variation fees.
- Poor finishes and care for their works.

I'm sure all that will result of this is a generic "we are sorry to hear that in these circumstances 8homes has failed to meet your expectations" in the hope to protect their brand name, however we will soon find out.

You have been warned!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi P.S, It's disappointing to hear that you feel that we haven't been able to meet your expectations and I would like to look into this further for you. Could you please email your build addres... read more »

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Good company to deal with

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

Like with any new builds, there were minor issues which became obvious after a stage. Example would be the down pipe elbow at ground level sticks above the concrete at front entry. This caused a crack as the concrete dried. When I asked what could be done, I was informed its too late to do anything.The bigger picture is, they built well.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Turk K, Thank you for your review. Congratulations on the completion of your new home. We are so pleased to hear that you were happy with the build. If you have anything you wish to discuss fu... read more »

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Stay away! Not professional builder

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

I’m a qualified bricklayer and run my own bricklaying business, also have several qualifications in building and construction industry and years of experience. I’m involved with the building industry and I wanna share my worse experience in construction with Eight Homes.

I decided to build with Eight Homes because they were one of the few companies I’ve visited that allowed me to do my own brickwork and completed some others specific requests that I had before deciding the building company.

I’ve had an endless number of issues from the very beginning trough the stage our house it’s at the moment, I’m not going to point out every single one as it would be pretty long though I’ll explain a bit of them.

For starters I had a very bad experience with the sales consultant, they sent the police to my house because apparently after you sign the master builder contract you are not supposed to visit any of EH display homes, the sales consultant sent police to my place using my personal information form the EH data base, over stalking for 3 visits my wife and I did during the period from oct 2016 and sep 2017, they did have records on their CCTV that confirm this. I tried to cancel the master builder contract over this incident but they would not return the money that I had paid at this stage! So I had no option and I have to keep going with them, Management did nothing about this, I’ve had a long meeting with them at their office and they did nothing . Do not visit an Eight Home display homes more that twice as their staff dont feel safe and they will contact police.

After this very bad experience as continues we have lots of issues.

They started to build our house without a building permit wich is agains the law, I had to contact them to get the building permit showed on site to avoid prosecutions

I wanna be short and quick, their building methods do not comply with Australians standards, site manager does not check on the work that trades carry on so EH don’t know about the quality of works.

I did my own brickwork and when I was doing it I spotted lot of issues with the timber frame that involves the quality of the structure, site manager did not come at least once to check on what was going on, I check on their trades at the time I was doing my work and the trades that they have used don’t have experience and don’t use the right equipment so the result of their work it is a disaster! I have never seen something like that.

So far we haven’t had a walk trough the house with supervisor or anyone else.

I have requested a lot of information regarding structural problems and they have ignored me!

The house and the work site it’s a complete disaster, lots of rubbish and materials all over the place! It’s disgusting there is not work management whatsoever, trades come in work and leave rubbish never clean. The most important thing it’s that supervisor never check on the work that has been done and the quality it’s the worse ever.

At the moment we have a high number of issues that need to be fixed in our timber frame before they install the plaster but they don’t want to fix any of this, in fact they have already schedule a date for plasterers!
I have emailed the EH requesting a lot of information and they don’t get back to me, I’ve spoken to different people there and they seem to don’t care, so I have decided to find help from VBA in order to stop the building and change the builder company since they have shown that they can not handle a building project

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Great company to build with

Sales staff - Amazing! Couldn't fault him
Picking colours and changing layouts - no hassle
A few hiccups at contract signing but all fixed quickly, without any extra charge.
Going to site on time and so far build has ran smoothly and site manager and office managers have been great. Hopefully hand over soon!
Would recommend to build with Eight Homes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Jac Palz, Thank you for your wonderful review, We are pleased to hear that despite a few minor hiccups that our team were able to turn things around for you quickly and that you have been happ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Amazing builders - smooth process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

Amazing service, amazing products and amazing process! We have loved every minute of our build so far - the team have been super efficient & had us at lock up way earlier than first expected (even with Xmas closures!!) we are so so very thankful to the team @ eight homes: from the initial sales pitch, to the administrator process and the construction process it has been seamless & we can not fault 8 homes!

Thanks again guys looking forward to the hand over of those trusty keys

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Teagan K, Thank you for your kind words. We are so proud to hear that you have been happy with the journey to building your home with our team so far. We hope to continue to provide you a... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

You always save the best for last well this is true!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2018

After some initial frustration with a sales consultant, we changed to another sales consultant. where i went through all colour selection and paperwork but after drams with a broker, I lost that land I had. I was so close to pull the plug on buying a new home to build but I went back to try it again with the company and they couldn't find a land to suit the house we designed. when I found a land that would myself I asked them for what cost will be to build this house on the land. but while waiting for them to reply I went into 8 Homes Mernda and spoke to JAMES ADDISON . who I believe went above and beyond he found a better land that suit and found a better design on a build that will suit my budget and life style. If it wasn't for James I wouldn't have just given up on buying a new house. Also, thanks to Zoe Lyon for making my colour selection goes smooth and easy.

Then I had contract signing which was with Rachael Cholosznecki. She was the most friendly person in the office and non-stop keep me and my new broker in the loop and was so easy to deal with it was so great.

Once land settled 8Homes started work straight away to get the permits done.

After settlement, i was pasted onto Telisha Fowler who kept me in the loop of progress every step of the way. she keeps the line always open and always followed up on every email that was sent.

Yes sometimes Telisha says one thing but it didn't happen but that was due to contractors delays she wasn't adware happened.

The start of build all way to Frame went so fast I couldn't believe my eyes.
yes after that stage things seems to slow down and a bit of drama happen where had to change supervisor due to wife having a baby ( congrats on baby) Bricky got delayed as past house. the strange thing is a house behind me started to build when my frame was up and they have finished and the house next to mine started after my plaster up and now my painting was done they already caught up. which this doesn't bother me cause slow and steady always wins the race the skills and quality that the build got is well worth the wait.

We went to many builders but decided on Eight Homes as they were value for money and accommodating to our requests. Excellent customer service.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Sean, Firstly, Congratulations on the completion of your brand new home. We couldn’t be happier to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your overall building journey with us. Reading that our tea... read more »

Doreen

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Building my first house has become my worst disappointment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2018

Building my first house has become my worst disappointment. The first contact with the sales people was exceptional, but now I believe as always the first impression can be deceiving. The whole experience is been unpleasant.
From the moment they start building the house, they didn't even bother to look the drawings and specifications to follow them. Constantly we have had to remind them that they missed things. Like, for example, installing the wrong size of the front door, doors of the alfresco installed in the opposite way, and the list keeps going.

According to the contract, the builders have a certain amount of days or time to complete the job, within those days they include inclement weather days, holidays, etc. Now, we are way over pass the due date without been advice with a delivery date and unable to plan our moving to our "Dream House". Apparently, at 8 Homes, no one appears to care or show any accountability to the fact that they pass the completion date, and in more than a year they haven't provided a delivery date for the house to be handover to us. They can’t even manage their staff members, which the most of time takes more than two weeks to reply to the customers and when they reply is with a very vague response saying that they haven't been able to reach the supervisor to get an update.
In several occasions, we have felt the need to review what has been done in the house with the intent to avoid more mistakes and delays. We requested inspections and the things that were listed to be repaired haven't been repaired since the previous inspection two months apart, and as always they come with a domino chain of excuses. These only demonstrate the lack of respect that this company has for their customers and the mediocre practices and standards of the way that they work.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Liz, It's disappointing to hear that you feel that we haven't been able to meet your expectations and I would like to look into this further for you. Could you please email your build address ... read more »

There are not enough words to express how disappointed and disrespected I felt yesterday, you requested my contact details following my review of your services, I guess with the purpose to contact... read more »

Eight Homes Official

Hi Liz, I have followed up all your concerns and from my understanding your onsite customer service manager has contacted your husband and your issues are currently being rectified by the Construct... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

I can honestly say that our experience so far as been nothing but amazing from every step of the way, our dealings with Eight homes has been so professional and efficient.
Our pre site admin and colour consultant were so helpful and outstanding in the service they provided. Looking forward to working with Rachel Ellis whilst our home is under construction.
Thank you so much the team, we really appreciate all your help and support in building our dream home.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Gav, Thank you for your positive review, and kind words regarding the service you have received from our team so far. We are happy to hear that you have been satisfied with the process so far a... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2018

Amazing customer service and good quality house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

I have had an amazing house build journey with Eight Homes. Telisha Fowler, from their customer care team provided exceptional customer service throughout the house build process, keeping me informed of the progress regularly. House build supervisor Dean ensured that the house build was of excellent quality, having an eye for detail. As first time builders of new home, I wanted this to be hassle free exercise and I was amazed at how quickly my house was constructed. I would highly recommend Eight Homes for their excellent customer service, quality and swift completion time-frame.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Rash, Thank you for your fantastic review. We are so pleased to hear that you have been happy with the journey and I will pass on your kind words to the team. Congratulations on your brand new... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Easy to Contact and Affordable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

Its been one approximately one month since we moved in to our new house and all I can say is that 8homes was a good choice for us. As this was our first time building there were many things that we were anxious about such as pricing, structural build, time... basically everything, it was definitely a new experience. But, 6-7 months later and here we are living under a good house.

One of the main reasons we choose 8homes was because of its affordability and customer reviews. Like many, we ask people "who is the best builder" but also take into consideration how suitable that best builder will be for us. 8homes ticked all our boxes and when we choose them, we were happy with our decision. Sharon Spiteri (our sales consultant) was very helpful throughout the process, she was easy to contact and was there when we had any questions, easing our anxiousness associated with the build. During construction, we received updates and regularly visited the site to see how the build was going. The build took a bit longer than expected but we were nonetheless satisfied with the overall quality. We are currently in the "we will give you 3 months to look for minor imperfections and write it down so we can fix it" stage and so far there are not much small mistakes we've noticed. Although, in our first week of moving in we noticed a leak in the roof resulting from loose pipes, hence the 4 stars. But due to our supervisor being easy to contact we only ended up only having to wait approx 5 days to have the problem fixed.

We would like to thank Sharon (our sales consultant) and Dave (our supervisor) for making this build/process a good experience for us.

In comparison with other builders who are charging higher prices, the quality of Eight homes stands close to these builders and we would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an affordable builder.

Comments
Eight Homes Official

Hi Phia, Thank you for your review and we appreciate your honest feedback! It's great to hear that despite experiencing some minor mishaps you still found the process and service you received fro... read more »

1 of 16 pages