Filter By:

Verified Customer

Do. It reward loyalty at all

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

It was only the purchase of a new car that prompted me to look at my comprehensive car insurance policy with AAMI.

A car that is 4 years younger and insured for double the amount cost half the price of my existing policy - that’s $700 difference!

When I called to ask why no explanation could be given. I got a quote online and that was $300 cheaper too! When I said I could cancel and renew online immediately I was told don’t do that you’ll lose your diamond status. What does this diamond status give me? A $183 discount!

Feel like a major fool for blond,y renewing with AAMI without questioning the price. Feel like my loyalty has been rewarded with simply being ripped off. It’s a real shame as we have multiple policies with AAMI and always thought they were great.

Now, I’ll be reviewing all policies when they’re up for renewal and nd looking for more honest insurers who don’t gouge their loyal customers.

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Extremely poor customer service with no follow up at all from Gemeni smash repairs and AAMI car insu

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Hi
We have been with AAMI insurance for a very long time, had all of our policies with them over a number of years. My partner hit a kangaroo, so the airbag went off which means you automatically can not drive the car. Our Jeep renegade requires a small amount of body work to be done and a new seat belt and air bag. the car was taken to Gemeni smash repairers in Osborne park and we were told it would take no longer than a month. A month went by, so we phoned Gemeni only to be told they were still waiting on a part which would be a few more weeks. So far we were without a car for six weeks. More weeks went by, we were now at over two and a half months. I put a formal complaint into AAMI car insurance with no reply at all for over a week, I said we wanted to be compensated as we had to hire a car.

Avoid these idiots!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

My son recently purchased a new car and rang to cancel his existing policy which he has had for 5 years with AAMI and take out one for his new car. A price per month was agreed upon but when the policy arrived the payment per month was more than double what was agreed upon. He immediately rang them and was told that was the price and if he didn't like it too bad!! How underhanded can you get? AAMI used to be a great insurance company but have recently found they are completely unaffordable for any type of insurance compared to their competitors. My advice is to look elsewhere and don't waste your time with these incompetent rip off artists!

Melbourne

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Worst. Avoid at all cost. Already reported to AFCA.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

This company needs some thorough review by the government bodies to check REGULARLY if they are doing their job properly or they are just taking customers money and frauding them. They are absolutely horrible in what they do. I made a claim 7th Nov. and have contacted both car repairs shop for comparison of their prices. 2weeks later I was assuming the process was going all fine and decided to check what stage it is. The call centre replied they had not received any quotes from both repairs.. i was annoyed with them for not contacting me further to discuss this. I have called both the shops immediately after the phone call with AAMI. They told me they have sent all the papers to them already. 2 days later I called AAMI but they told me still none received from repairs. I wanted to talk to manager/supervisor that was in charge and this girl called [name removed] picked up the phone. She kept on saying she was sorry and this assessment process could take 5 days time. I called the next day to talk to [name removed] and now she says this assessment process is going to take more than 10 days and she could not speed up the process. I told her this whole process is taking more than 3 weeks now because of their inappropriate, stupid time management + no one doing their jobs properly. I am still waiting any update from this pathetic fraudsters after over a month of waiting for the assessment to take place. I have already contacted the Australian Financial Complaints Authority to step in and assess this case since no one from AAMI took the initiative to take care of their customers. Never in my life i will ever recommend anything from them to anyone. I am currently thinking of other sources to take this complaint further because i did not receive ANY professional response from them whatsoever even after talking to the so-called "supervisor". She just kept saying they were busy. Then hire more staff!! What are you?? 5 year olds?? This process has taken more then 3 weeks now just to get anywhere and it is still not even done yet. Such a pathetic, worthless garbage service. Avoid it. Just avoid it.

DO NOT USE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

SHOCKER OF A COMPANY. We had a house and contents and 3 cars with AAMI for over 10 years. We made a claim with contaminated fuel. They took 4 months to take a sample of the fuel in a vegemite jar from the car that was sitting at the mechanic with a engine that had been destroyed. Tried every trick in the book not to honour the insurance. You have been warned

Victoria

• 6 answers

Needs better assessors

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Had an minimal impact accident with a letterbox. The passenger side back door was damaged. We made a claim and had the use of a hired car. Initial estimated time to repair was 3-5 days. Then extended to a week, then longer.....I was told the hired car cost $97 a day. The door repair job was almost $7000. I had the car for more than 5 weeks. Costing over 3000. The sum insured was $11000. Would it not be better, quicker and more efficient if they call the whole episode a write off.

• 7 answers
  • 36 helpful votes

Absolute D()G T(_)RD of all insurance companies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Pray nobody in a crappy old car insured with aami never runs into your car as aami will pass the blame to you even though the other party hit you. They use bully tactics including really nasty letters to try and force innocent parties into accepting liability especially those who insure with more reputable companies. aami is the worst of the worst ask any repairer or insurance broker.

Verified Customer

Beware those with Comprehensive Car Insurance taking advantage of the Skilled Drivers Course

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

Had comprehensive car insurance with AAMI for a few years. Carrot for me was the free Driving Skills Course for family members with your policy. Put my daughter through the course no problem a few years ago. When I attempted to book my son in this month, was told that now he had to be listed under my policy (Under 25yrs increase premium dramatically) as they now had a new company doing the courses!! I argued that as a policy holder I needed to be informed of the change in writing and subsequently cancelled my policy as now no value to me. Found phone operators were not up to speed on the policy change and was informed the company had no obligation to inform current policy holders of the rule change in their policies, as they could apparently read it on their website. Not good enough. Perhaps customers taking advantage of the carrot more than once was not good for business.

Awesome helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Great staff , always helpful and willing to go that extra mile to make sure your happy
Wouldn’t change .

Insurance claim made

Good service, pay claims promptly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

I've made several claims over the years.
AAMI service is good when dropping the car off for assessment.
The repairs they arrange are good quality with a life time guarantee.

• 2 helpful votes

Car claim.. unlucky I’m with AAMI

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

We have been customers of AAMI for over 20 years including 4 cars and 3 houses. It was very efficient, well run to now being a complete mess when attempting to make/get a resolution on a claim. We made a claim for a car break in, and the damage included lock and GPS damage. After informing someone at their international customer service office that only Nissan could do the work because of its complexity, they wanted to get us to one of their smash repairers despite the car not being in a smash! Anyhow after 55 minutes explained to them what had happened, provided copy of police reports, quotes to repair etc ...I felt they understood after doing this twice and was told someone would be in touch ASAP. I rang again and guess what same story. ...Customer service rep had to be told story all over again, despite excellent information provided in claim submissions..Someone far away just won’t understand the technical complexity of what happened and they try to model it without trying to actually understand the problem. After waiting for 55 minutes yesterday, I am now still on hold and have been waiting 22 minutes so far and sick of the song!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney, NSW

4 years in, still competitive on cover and pricing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Easy to reach in time of need, great online facilities, friendly onshore staff, for something I would rarely rave about. Guess I can touch wood I haven't needed to claim yet, but I've moved, changed cover, cars, and it has always been easy as, with friendly people on the phone. Surprisingly, my favourite feature is the fact I can set a agreed value for the car, which is what I'd be entitled to if it's a write off. Most other insurers "set" the agreed value so its hardly agreed... Thanks AAMI!

Pathetic Insurance company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

My wife's car was involved in an accident, the driver of the other car was at fault and was with AAMI. So i had to go through AAMI for the claim.
They are slow and had to be chased constantly for status progress and at the end the write off value wouldnt get me even half of my current car.
Disappointed with their service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Claim number M049335888

AAMI - Perfect Service Provide

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I have been with AAMI for the last four years and this is the best choice I have made.
Their customer service is great, staff are always friendly and helpful.
I have submitted my claim at around midday the next morning I have received call and my car was booked in for repairs - HOW GOOD IS THAT NOT MANY INSURANCE COMPANIES OFFER THE SAME SERVICE
My car was repaired within three days and perfect job was done.
Thank you AAMI for perfect customer service
Definitely recommend AAMI
I have all my Insurances with AMMI each claim I made never had a problem

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Not even with AAMI but had a great experience. Had a not at fault motorbike accident about 2 weeks ago. Called AAMI after I was given the claim number from the other party as I didn't have comprehensive. Bike was picked up and sent to the mechanic, rental car sorted out and gear reimbursed all within a week of the accident. Motorbike ended up being written off :( but in the process of being paid the value now. After I purchase a new bike, I'm changing my insurer to AAMI regardless of price just because of the efficient and excellent service. Will definitely recommend AAMI to my friends and family.

Worst insurance ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

AAMI is on of the worst insurance I’m not gonna trust this insurance again I have business insurance with this guys when I called them they said your claim will take few month up to 12 month to get approved and I have no equipment to do my business. Charging lot of money not doing anything. Alianz is the best insurance. I'm gonna put review everywhere for this insurance so the customer don’t trust with them.
Please don’t go with AAMI.

• 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Claim denial by AAMI

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Both of my cars have been insured with AAMI for a number of years. When I lodged the claim I was advised that I would be paid "a fair and reasonable amount". After I lodged the claim I was only compensated for the damage to the panel but not to the damage to the sensor so I am out of pocket $1,375.30 plus the excess on the policy. AAMI were quick to deduct the excess from my credit card when the claim was lodged but were very slow in reaching a decision to deny my claim for the sensor which I say was caused by the same incident, that is the car falling off the jack. I have reported the matter to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority and am waiting for an outcome.I will not be renewing my car insurance with AAMI in view of this denial of liability regardless of the ultimate decision of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority. Toyota were unable to state the cause of the damage to the sensor as expected and stated that "there may be multiple concerns that has caused this sensor to fail". The fact that they cannot categorically state that the damage to the sensor was caused by the car falling off the jack should not be any basis for AAMI to deny liability. To my mind they don't give the benefit of the doubt and use any excuse not to pay!

Blatant theft! DO NOT TRUST AAMI!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Have been with AAMI for a number of years. When I cancelled an insurance policy due to the sale of a car, they short changed my refund saying there was a change of address premium. I told them it was wrong immediately and the customer rep told me 'its not wrong' Howvever the address was for a period of 7 days before the insurance was cancelled. So they charged me a premium for the remainder of by policy term beyond what I cancelled for. When I complained the customer rep told me that's what the machine output and I have to wait for the refund before calling again when it was obviously wrong. Even when I pointed out how its obviously incorrect and illogical the customer rep refused to acknowledge it and said that's another department and I have to call back after I received my money. AAMI are thieves who refuse to acknowledge and take ownership of problems.

Could be better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

EDIT! I think all the insurance companies are much the same. Make sure if you get Comprehensive Car Insurance with AAMI you buy the unlimited (it is 21 days at most though) hire car, it could save your butt. They could be better with communication, some of their phone operators need to learn how to read files properly (more training), they need to call you back if they accidentally hang up on you after leaving you on hold for 30 minutes. The "free taxi" service they offer actually involves you paying for the taxi and them reimbursing you, which seemed more trouble than it was worth.

There are probably worse insurance companies tbh. Would be nice if they all improved their service considering how much money they make off us.

Insurance claim made

AAMI is a kind of insurance you would never want deal with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

AMMI Claim No.: MPA096744821
The worst insurer I ever have to deal with.
Several cars was heavily damaged, including mine, on street parking in the front of my house on 22/10/2018 around 2am. The accident have been so bad that police came and the driver that caused the chaos accepted liability and exchanged details with owners of damaged cars. My car left in non-driving condition. The driver had comprehensive insurance with AMMI.
I claimed damage with AAMI that had to take liability based on their client insurance policy. They took my car for repair and give me temporary usage of rented car. After one week when I check my car repair status I found that the repairer did not even start and AAMI withdraw car lease that they offered initially.
Now the most important: When I call rent a car company they told me that AAMI is doing it all the time and that it is their practice of doing business. When I spoke to AAMI and ask for a reason, the supervisor answered me that it is internal thing and they can't give me an answer. So I left in limbo. No other solution than to take taxi drive for all my daily movements or to rent a car by myself. Any of both solution I can not afford.
I complained to Ombudsman Service Australia and AAMI got to answer in next 2 months.
I do not know how to get my car back and probably will visit a lawyer to start court case.
That's AAMI !!!
This is UPDATE:
After more talk with AMMI representative, they extended my lease. So matter is settled, but cost me nerves and additional stress. I guess it depends who you are speaking with at the other end of the line.

1 of 50 pages