Filter By:

Great Customer Service - Fast Claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I have just made a claim for storm damage to a fence and had the best experience. It was so easy and done quickly over the phone with the money heading straight to my account. the lady I spoke to was both lovely and had empathy in relation to our claim and she understood what I was saying.

House Broken Into. Contents policy ownly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Our house was broken into and stuff was smashed and other things stolen. Put claim in on line,paid excess fee, and was contacted next day. A valuer came to our house,accessed the damage and we had copies of the items stolen plus the valuer took photos to validate our claim. During the whole process AAMi emailed me with updates on our claim. AAMI could not have been more helpful. Have been with AAMI for over 20 years and never had a problem with them.Most important is that you keep accurate records of your contents, or photo's.

Canberra

Excellent customer service.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2017

I have all of my insurance with AAMI and have done so for years. The premiums probably aren’t the cheapest around but their customer service is second to none.

I like the fact that my house is covered in its entirety, not for a fixed amount.

Insurance claim made

Increased the premium for less cover?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2017

We had all our insurance with AAMI for many years and never a need to claim regarding inundation. As previously posted,following inundation in 2010, our property wasn't properly repaired. A patch up job at best with damage to substructure and flooring. In 2012 when hit again the old claim was declared null and void. Engineer's reports confirmed damage to substructure. AAMI said they could and would only repair ( as didn't happen in 2011). This obviously meant another patch up job? They eventually paid us all of a quarter of the value of the unrepaired property which now is still compromised by ongoing inundation. We continued coverage with them ( but an extra $1000 excess applied for being unoccupied) so as to protect our major asset but last year the premium had doubled. We reduced the overall coverage via their online adjuster which reduced the premium but till way more expensive than the previous year 2015. Although financial coverage is same, this year's premium has increased yet again by at least 50%????? As the property is still unrepaired and unable to be inhabited, we are now caught between Council, Insurance and State Government no of whom do anything to rectify the issue? We appealed the decisions made by them re the work done by their contractors, decisions by assessors in fixing the unfixable but all complaints remain unresolved and issue ignored? Since 2012 we have been forced to rent at own expense. Now should our home be damaged further it will be our loss? Talking to them, State NSW Government bodies and Council is pointless as they are deliberately ignoring the problem.

Insurance claim made

Killed my life and destroyed my home

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Just more problems each day all because of incompetence. I questioned numerous times how can dehumidifiers "suck" water from underneath laminated flooring. "Oh yes they definitely do! It's been proven! says the restoration company they sent out. 3 and a half months later, I'm walking on a floor in my home infested with mould. Watching the flooring fall apart, smelling the putrid mould crap coming out from the cracks, watching the house fall apart after spending 2 years renovating our home. Ohh well looks like you might be replacing all the new slidings doors we put in aswell now. I'm sure the timber frames are rotted after 3 months of dirty water trapped underneath. But hey! What would i know?? All this distruction and stalling so they can save about $20,000. I bet you wish you could go back 3 months and wished that you listened to your customers instead of the assessors that haven't got a clue or any common sense. You gotta love living in a house breeding of mould! Not!! I was initially told by the assessor that there's nothing wrong with my house and we can refund you your $500 access. Very professional!

Sydney

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Compare your premiums

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I had all my policies with AAMI and all was great until I needed to make a claim - it took my neighbour 4 days to get their cash settlement with another insurer, it took AAMI 10 months.
I then compared my policies, home building and contents plus 2 cars and have better cover for $270 per MONTH less combined.

Australia

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Beware of AMMI giving false information (To prevent you making a claim)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

I have a home and contents policy with AAMI. In fact I also have my car insurance with them. I recently called them up to ask about a matter regarding my home & contents insurance as my neighbour had caused some damage. The guy I spoke to was quite rude and kept saying all kinds of things and nonsense to dissuade me from making a claim. Told me that I had to pay the excess even though it was clearly my neighbour's fault and that I could prove it. I hung up the phone, called back again and spoke to a different person. I threatened to cancel all my policies. Then suddenly they make a U-Turn and tell me the guy I spoke to was wrong and that I did not have to pay the excess if I could provide information.

Fortunately my neighbour has said he would have the damage repaired without getting the insurance involved. I hope he keeps his word cos I don't want to have to deal with this untruthful and unreliable bunch. They are only good at taking your payments. Will be shopping around for new and better insurers.

• 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 20 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Terrible and long time wait, final deny the claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

The ceiling fell caused by the storm after joining the policy. It took very long to wait for the claim manager call back but very frustrated that AAMI denied the claim due to the 72 hours policy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Insurance claim made

Wonderful Service! Fast Claim Reimbursement!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2017

We switched to AAMI Home and Contents a year ago, when our side fence fell over in the last storms. I have to praise AAMI for their fast response to our claim and reimbursement, allowing us to replace the fence within a matter of days. Thank you AAMI.

Perth

Really terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

I had a trouble and got stolen years ago. I had my contents insurance and after giving a list of items that were stolen ammi asked me to pay an incredible amount of money as excess. I couldn't pay for that so i lost my stuff. I really don't recommend ammi to anybody.

Seaford Rise, South Australia

Good customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

Not only do they have competitive prices, but their customer service is much better.
As soon as you call through, you're immediately greeted by the switchboard operator. None of these "press a button and we'll take you through more computer generated voice messages", or "Please note we've recently updated our menu, 50 years ago..." speeches.
So that's a tick in my box any day.
Then you get to their products and they run through a lot of questions to ensure your covered for exactly what you need, they don't add anything on top or make it vague so if something happens, they know exactly what they were dealing with and not just eg. "black car".

• 1 comment

Claims paid as expected.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

We have had several home and contents policies with AAMI and have been generally satisfied with them. They have been very easy to buy online. We have had 2 claims in the past 5 years. A fair amount of documentation was required, but the claims were paid according to the policy. The claims did not seem to result in higher premiums.

Perth

• 1 question

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

I have been insured with aami for 8 years and just cancelled my policy . Apparently my excess for contents which was $100 is now $600 because I've made 2 claims in 3 years! What a joke! Both claims were very minimal too. And on top of that increased my policy by $30 per month! Don't insure with aami !!!!

perth

Landlord insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

Looks like my dealings with AAMI are similar to others. I have landlords insurance with AAMI which includes loss of rent on an investment. Back on the 11th March 2017 the tenants caused malicious damage to my property resulting in approx $20k of damage. AAMI said they will fix the property however using their owner repairer "Home Repairs" it is 11 weeks later and only a small portion of the work is done. They say in the next three weeks it will be finished. As an investment property please do not use AAMI as it takes to long to repair. The handbrake is on with company.
Additionally I also have loss of rent insurance or so I thought. They only pay 4 weeks loss then you are on your own but do not repair your property in a timely manner. Like others they do not call you and you have no customer service.

Please my advice is stay well clear of this company.

Insurance claim made

With AAMI if you expect nothing then you won't be disappointed.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

During the first year of our Home / Contents insurance with AAMI we had hail damage to our home. We contacted AAMI on the day the damage happened and lodged a claim, payed 1000 dollars excess and thought that we were on the road to having everything made right.
The emergency repair happened the next day. An assessor arrived within a few weeks and we thought that all was under control. Some tradesmen came looked at the damage then no further contact for approximately 2 months. The contractor appointed to carry out our repairs, appear to pass the work onto other contractors who then don't seem to be interested in doing the work. 8 telephone calls or so later to AAMI and I don't know how many hours on the telephone mostly in meaningless circular conversation with various AAMI people someone did arrive to repair my damaged roof. This was not the contractor who had been in contact with me but another roofer who said he does work for the first guy when he's too busy to do the work himself.
That was fine wth me, I was happy to finally have someone arrive to do the work.
This guy was at my house for about 6 hours and I had been out a few times to see the progress of the work, The final time I saw this guy he was in his ute, I stopped him and asked if he was done and he said he was all finished. He said someone will be here to pick up that pallet in a few weeks, I asked if he had repaired the ridge caps he said he had.He drove off. Leaving behind a pallet, various cigarette butts littering my lawn and a spilled toxic substance that eventually killed off a section of my lawn.
When I had a closer look at the work I saw that much of the ridge capping was cracked and still in need of repair, I also noticed on much closer inspection that a few places had been fixed using broken tiles that had silicone filler holding pieces in place.
Today after waiting a reasonable time to see if the repairs leaked, I called AAMI and told them about the quality of the repair, got the runaround and told the contractor will call me this afternoon to arrange for someone to come and assess/repair what was not done properly the first time. It's 4:30 now and no one has been in touch from the contractor.
In finishing the conversation with AAMI, I asked them to send me a payout figure for the remainder of the work needing to be done.
I am hoping it will be enough to pay for a new insurance policy with a different insurer.

Terrible insurance company.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

We tried to make a claim for a bathroom installed 3 years ago and the connecting pipe between the shower base and pipes has leaked causing the floor to rot and tiles to crack. AAMI insurance company refuses to uphold claim. We were told they would cover of it wasn't a cracked base and was pipes.

Immediate Payment!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

My fence received irreparable damage during recent storms and not only was my security compromised, but my dog could escape. I downloaded the AAMI app onto my phone and my claim was lodged in minutes.

I finally got a quote from a builder, but I had difficulties uploading it. I telephoned AAMI. The operator instructed me to email it to her while we were on the phone; she confirmed that she had received it; ... then to my surprise, she approved it! The money was in my account within a couple of days!!

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

I had to go to the Ombudsman to get AAMI to pay a claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

Used AAMI for over 20 plus years. They accessed my rent default claim (I had a court award the money owed) called me and stated on the website twice that the claim had been paid. After 3 weeks no money was in my account. When I called they reopened the case. I had to go to the financial ombudsman to get the claim paid and then they only paid half of what they originally said and what the court awarded me. I had 13 properties and 5 cars insured with AAMI. I have changed them all to another insurance company. NEVER AGAIN. What a joke of an insurance company.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Surprisingly OK

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2017

House got hit by lightening, we got documentation supporting this which meant they didnt even need to come to see the damage. Everything was replaced new for old, however because both the house and the contents were affected, we needed to pay 2 lots of excess which was a little dodgy considering it was the same event and the same insurance policy. Otherwise they were really quick to get it all sorted and didnt deliberately delay or create problems to avoid reimbursement.

Weazles

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

2 years into a policy, I make a claim for theft and they instantly drop the ball. My garden trailer was stolen from my property, but AAMI told me to contact my car insurer. Bye bye AAMI

1 of 10 pages