Frustrating - but it was an insurance job...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

It was an insurance job rental car so I'd expect not normally so frustrating... but I found it very frustrating! Many calls had to be made, told it was sorted about 3 times but it wasn't, they wanted more information re insurance details of other driver which I didn't have... but told without them they couldn't book a car. It took 3-4 days. I would have thought insurance companies/panelbeaters would be responsible for this.
THey were very polite - just a frustrating process
The rental car was excellent

Average

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Average experience. Only reason I choose them was because they said I'll get a car similiar to mine which never happened. I tried booking a vehicle a head of time to make sure of this but was told I wasn't allowed to.instead I got a granny car instead of a ute. Also in there ad they stated they come to you to pick up and drop off the vehicle which isn't true so I had to leave work to do it myself. Next time I'll just take a vehicle was the panel shop.

No fuss but bit misleading

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

It states on your website that we would be provided a car of similar size to our car that was being repaired. We were told on the phone we would be getting a Camry sedan from Acorn to replace our full size wagon. We got given a Corolla!! When I raised this with the person that dropped off the car his reply was "I only deliver what the ipad says and it said to give you a corolla" thanks for helping me sort that out. Tainted what should have been an easy experience. And, "No" a corolla hatch doesn't fit a twin stroller, twins change bag and twins capsules...... But what do you care, right??

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

"Like for Like" is untrue

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

The service is quite good and is well handled. My complaint is that they promise a "like for like" replacement but can't deliver on this promise. I damaged a station wagon, a work vehicle, but the closest I could get was a Toyota Corolla hatch. Whilst promised an upgrade to something more suitable "if and when" something became available, this has not happened and no suggestion it will happen.
I would suggest checking what stock Acorn and its competitors have before locking in with one of them.

Very Ordinary Service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2016

Very disappointing - I requested a big car to replace my VW Toureg, and even said to them please dont bring me out a small car...so they brought me a Corolla!! I told them to take it back, so they brought me a Camry (saying that they had no big car in stock presently) it took 6 weeks and another call from me to find out whether they had a bigger car back in stock yet before they finally sent me a Kluger. Disappointing that 1. you didnt have a similar size vehicle to offer me first up 2. I wasnt contacted as soon as you had a bigger car back in stock!

Great idea - but they forgot to share some important information!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2016

The ease of organising the booking was great, the service was timely and the car was clean and comfortable. The consultant didn't allow me to read the T&Cs prior to signing the paperwork upon collecting the car (despite me asking), saying that it would be emailed to me - this made me uncomfortable. He also couldn't tell me how long I would have the car for. I was later contacted by a consultant to say I had to return the car in 4 days or would be charged, despite my claim not being settled - she was unhelpful and boarded on being rude. I was quite frustrated at not being told about the 14 day hire length when I originally asked.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Replacement Vehicle

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2015

This service was referred by panel beater Shepherds.
Wow what a relief the insurance companies don't want you to know about this
An excellent outcome saved me time and hassles while car being repaired
The drop off person was pleasant and courteous only one draw back to several calls to get car delivered but all good when it finally arrived

Great Company! Just not clear on policies!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2015

They have been a great help! I received a car straight away and it was clean! But I was told I'd have a hire car until mine was fixed or I received my settlement money. But once I informed them my car was getting written off they took the car off me and I hadn't received my money yet to buy a new car so now I'm without transport!

OK experience

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2015

To whom it may concern,

Acorn were fantastic in regards to arranging the car hire with me and constantly were in contact with me confirming the date and time etc.

However when I dropped my car off at Apollo Repairs, it wasn't until I noticed they had given me the wrong car. I was under the impression that Acorn would have given me either the same of equivalent as my Kia Sorenta (7 seater). Instead I got a Toyota Camery sedan. I was pretty annoyed the fact that first they were late on arrival and second that they had not provided the correct car. I then had to make alternate arrangements for the 4 days for school drop off and pick up.

For future I would recommend Acorn confirming the exact car to the owner will be having as it was disappointing.

kind regards
Jasmine

Okay, can do better with notice given when picking up the car

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2015

Good service in terms of delivery & pickup. But not sufficient notice given when picking up the car, especially when we need to go top up the petrol beforehand.

Customer service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2015

Overall your car was ok but dealing with you guys was a hasstle, and confusing you say that you will follow up with repairs then you hassle me to do it.

My husbands car was ran into while it was parked, out insurance has advised us not to drive it until it is assessed which is the 4th jan due to being christmas. They have paid excess to their insurance but thweir insurance is telling us we have to pay for the hire car first then they will reimburse me, which is so wrong when we arent at fault. What is the process on getting a car through you please? my isnurance company has forwared your detaisl on, cheers, Kirby

Kirby asked on Dec 29, 2016

Good Morning Kirby,

I can either send you an application form to your email, you can apply on our website http://acornrentals.com.au/not-at-fault-application-form/ or please contact our head office on 1300 22 6767.

Kind regards,

Acorn Rentals

Do you have an office at the Gold Coast?

joan asked on Mar 20, 2016

Answer this

Hi Joan, we do not have an office at the Gold Coast however we deliver vehicles there from our Brisbane branch. Hope this answers your question. Regards, Aaron

Hi, have just been reading through some of your shining reviews. However I am interested in hiring a campervan, do you hire campers at all?

Joe asked on Nov 06, 2015

Good Morning Joe,

Unfortunately we do not have camper vans. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,