Nice service, communication could be better

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Excellent system, but customer service could be improved. Was easy picking up car and dropping off from garage where car was getting repairs. Seems to be difficulty with Aus-NZ transition - phone calls not getting through, details filled in on online form not saving, documents promised to email never being sent etc.

PROFESSIONAL SERVICE

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Very good service,punctual & professional service with delivery of vehicle on time.
A car that we requested or similar was provided in a friendly ,courteous & efficient manner.
Would definitely recommend the company

It was great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

It was excellent. As I didn’t have to pay anything as it was a replacement car while mine was being fix from an accident I can’t answer that question. I did not book a car so can’t not answer that question either. I used the car for general purposes.

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Hi Jacqui! Thanks for letting us know that you were pleased with our great service. We are very happy that you enjoyed the use of our no-cost vehicle. Thanks for sharing your experience! Kind regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

Small car like I requested

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Your representative met me at my Panel Beaters at an agreed time and explained some of the functions of the Toyota Yaris which was very much appreciated

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Hi there Morza. It can take a little getting used to driving a car that is not your own, we understand. That is why we always try to find a similar vehicle to your own and we are always happy to an... read more »

Very good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Car was only used minimally as my own car was getting repaired. The car was clean, full of fuel and met my requirements.

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Thanks Suzie. Glad you were happy with our service and thank you for your review. Kind regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

Fuel tank not filled on pick up

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Very convenient for drop off and pick up, car was ready when the company said it would be. Only downside was the fuel tank was not full on pick up (under 3/4 full) and was expected to be full on return of vechile. Thus the good review as was disappointing on that front.

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Hi Jp99. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our service. I am glad to hear that things generally were to your satisfaction however I am concerned to hear about the less-than-full... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer

This is very convenient and efficient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Great customer service. Good doorstep service. Good to know you guys are taking care of the people who are not at fault in an accident.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Thank you A S! Yes, it a very gratifying 'job' we do do here at Acorn Rentals. We really enjoy helping Not-At-Fault drivers such as yourself get back on the road easily and quickly and with minimal... read more »

Helpful car replacement service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

Acorn Rentals were a lifesaver when I was rear-ended and my car was badly damaged. It was a quick and easy process to get a temporary car (given the accident was no fault of mine) and it gave me the transport I needed to keep working. The car was new which maintained my professional image. While it wasn't a 7 seater like my own car, it had sufficient room to meet most of my business and personal transport needs.

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Hi Sezb. Sorry to hear your car was badly damaged. I hope that everyone was okay. I am glad we could assist and provide you with a replacement to keep you moving during the time you were without yo... read more »

What a great service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I am a busy builder who can't afford downtime as it costs my business when I do, after my work van was in a accident, Acorn Rentals had me in a replacement van and on the road within hours! Couldn't ask for more

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Hi Dom! Yes, time is money when you run your own business. Acorn has a selection of utes and vans to help busy tradies get back on the road and back on with business. I am so pleased we could assis... read more »

Really good rental car solution for if you are in an accident

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Really good service, they dropped off and picked up the car from our home at a time that suited us and they were on time. Which was really convenient.

They were mostly really good at communicating, however I think the policy with a total loss vehicle could have been explained a bit better, I got 2 different answers from 2 different staff members. So I was really confused as I thought I had 14 days rental but it actually ended once I received settlement. So I only ended up getting the vehicle for 8 days and I still needed to find a new car.

But overall a great experience and would use them again if I am ever in another accident.

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

I am so pleased you enjoyed the use of the vehicle Nancy. And we thank you for your great review. I do apologise if there was any miscommunication regarding the period you were entitled to the vehi... read more »

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

Good car very clean prompt service very happy with all my needs and would like to thank you again for your prompt service

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

That is very kind of you Con. We in turn would like to thank you for using our service and taking the time to share your experience of it here on Product Review. Wishing you all the very best, Acorn Rentals Team.

Reliable and efficient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

Very accommodating staff and processes.
Vehicle received was in good condition. Compels one to return it in similar condition.
Vehicle met needs comfortably.

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Thank you for your review WinH! We are most pleased to have been able to assist you. Thanks again and have a lovely afternoon. Acorn Rentals Team.

The experience is really good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Good customer service. The only thing I was concern about is the insurance coverage is too little and I can’t get my own insurance to cover this. If the insurance coverage can be a bit more that would be excellent.

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Hi Ali! Yes, our $385 excess is very low - and that is a good thing! It means that should you cause an accident whilst driving our car you are only liable for up to the first $385 worth of damages ... read more »

Good service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

Fuel was not full but written on the paper as full. I had to top up full as I did not notice during pickup time.

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Hi Habib. Thank you for complimenting our good service. I am sorry that there was a question over the fuel. I will send you a private message shortly to see if we can identify your file and look in... read more »

Handy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

We got an acorn hire car after my wife was the not at fault party in an accident.
Car was delivered to our home address next business day after the accident, staff were courteous and pollite.

My only issue was the limited time frame we were offered the car for. Staff on the phone told us 2 weeks from delivery to collection, staff on delivery told us car was available to us for 2 weeks from the date of when the car was written off.

2 weeks is a very tight time period to organise an insurance company to get a replacement vehicle organised especially with all the red tape and documentation required before the car can even be ordered from the dealer!

overall a handy convenient good service, just needs more communication.

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Hi Handy. I am glad that you were pleased with our service and I apologise if there was any miscommunication regarding the period you were entitled to the vehicle. You are allowed full use of the r... read more »

Good efficient service, quality cars however a little unorganised with drop off of correct vechile i

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Work and private, yes was great and meet my needs for both purposes. I little mix up with the drop off of the wrong vechile.

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Thank you for your review Scott. We appreciate your time. We certainly must apologise if there was problem with the vehicle delivery. If you would like to send me your details I can look into what ... read more »

Great Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Great customer service Acorn Team - I was followed up well along the way and with a bit of work we got it sorted. Although the vehicle had bald tyres on it these were changed very quickly when we notified your team. The Vehicle was very tidy and was what we were expecting - Will use you guys again Thanks a lot,

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Hi Ross. We really appreciate your review. However we must sincerely apologise for the issue with the tyres in this vehicle. I discussed with our team at our individual branches and have managed to... read more »

Were there when I needed them

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

Acorn were there when I needed help. My car was written off in an accident and the tow truck driver suggested Acorn. On a day when I felt so lost they had a car organized and to me that afternoon. The people I spoke with and then the gentlemen who delivered it were lovely. The car was a late model Toyota Yaris and was lovely and clean, smelt fresh and ran beautifully. I was sad to give it up as I hadn't acquired a new one yet but they helped me out for a week after the accident taking the stress out of commuting to & from work and to a family gathering over the weekend.

Marlene

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Hi Marlene. We totally understand that being without your own transport can indeed make you feel lost and pretty helpless. I am so pleased that you made contact with us and that we could help you o... read more »

Verified Customer

Seamless

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

They delivered the car right to repair shop and picked it up from there. No wasting time on unnecessary arrangements.

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Hi Marina! We find that us delivering an Acorn vehicle to the repairers works best for most of our valued customers. That way they can drop their own car off for repair and take off straight away i... read more »

Great Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

Booking, customer service all easy, pleasant & great communication (follow up etc)
CAR ready, clean & pleasant pickup/easy return
HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Comments
Acorn Rentals Official

Thanks so much Poppiwest! We really appreciate your high recommendation! Thanks for letting us help you out and leaving us a review! Kind regards, Acorn Rentals Team.

1 of 6 pages