• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Disgusted at letter received from Acorn' first and final letter of demand"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2015

Acorn use scare tactics to the at fault driver to pay for the over priced car rental. I did not agree to pay ; was unaware of the not at fault driver getting a car , and had no say at any time. My Lawyers comments" They are taking a chance by sending me a final demand letter. They are taking a chance that some suckers will fall for it.

They should be barred from renting cars and this matter will be referred to the accc .They should be ashamed of this practise... Disgusted

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

What a service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2012

I had an accident recently that was not my fault. A person backed out of their driveway straight into my car.

My smash repairer referred me to Acorn Rentals who in turn provided me with a rental car for free while my car was repaired. They sent their bill direct to the at fault insurance company.

The car was delivered to me at the panel shop and picked up at the end. It was a fantastic service, so much so I've been singing the praises of Acorn Rentals to anyone that will listen!

+ Free rental car, great customer service

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Horrible service go elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2014

RUDE, ABRUPT, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SHOCKING...
I asked to speak to manager and I was told she was sick. So I spoke to someone whom told me I was lying about the service? and she was just as rude......
There are plenty more of these hire car places to go... And I am!

+ Nothing

- My advice... Go elsewhere....

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Most unprofessional and difficult to deal with company ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2013

I submitted an online application, by the afternoon I had not heard anything, so I called them. They asked me what the receipt number is, I said I did not get one. She said I should have an email, I said I didnt have one. Then, she could not find my application by my name or my registration. When I advised that I definately did it and the website gave me a message to say it went through, she then asked me my suburb, and was then able to find it. She then did something and sent me the email reciept. Which just says the application is in progress and they will get back to me and did not give a timeframe. I think it is important that when you have no transport, you know when you might be getting transport!

Anyway, she then repeated to me the exact same information that was in the email, that it was in progress and they would get back to me. I said that I really needed to know what that meant, whether it was that day, in a couple of days or in a week, etc, because I had a current rental car and needed to know whether to extend that rental or not. Preferring, of course, not to be out of pocket if possible. She said she didnt know, that they didnt have any cars and didnt know when any cars would come in. She would not budge from this.

I eventually asked to speak to a supervisor, as I was completely incredulous by this time, and was put onto another lady. I advised that all I wanted was to be given some sort of indication of how long I would be waiting, whether it would be a day, a few days, a week, etc. I was advised that there was no way that they could give me that information, that I could be waiting a couple of days, I could be waiting a month. That they didnt want to make any promises in case it came back on them if it didnt work out. She also said that the insurance companies were really hard to work with, and that, particularly with GIO (the insurer of the person who hit me), it could get really complicated. So, interesting handball of responsibility to a business partner! Wonder if the insurers realise that Acorn staff are speaking about them like this!

At this point, my head is reeling, and I tell her that I have no idea how they run a business this way! She advised that they are not a business, they are a service. I advise that I do not feel that it is very professional and to please delete my application because I need something a bit more concrete, and could not work with them (note, I was in an open plan office at the time, my place of work, so I was certainly not being inappropriate). She got nasty with me, said they didnt want to work with me either, and hung up on me.

I honestly do not know how they can expect people to just be okay with not knowing whether they will get a car or not, for periods of up to one month! Much easier to go to the traditional car rental places and pay up front. At least you will know you will get a car and professional service.

+ I like the concept.

- Utterly impractical and unprofessional

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Acorn Rentals Auckland

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Very clear information, fast service & super accommodating. They really went the extra mile & reduced the stress of me organising this myself. Thank you to European Style Panel & Paint for recommending them to me & fixing my car up so good.

Unbelievable Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Very easy company to deal with, clear concise instructions that was easy to follow. Very pleasant customer focused company from reception to key handover. Good quality car. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Accorn addressed all concerns and in particular initial reluctance of Insurance Company. Pick up damaged vehicle saved me heas of time. Peace of mind knowing no personal liability if Insurance Company did not honour their agreement with Acorn.

Excellent Thank you Accorn Rentals

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Car was in excellent condition, it was a beautiful toyota corolla, easy to drive, fell in love with it so did the kids, thank you for your rental services, if we didn't know about Accorn rentals it would have made our lives extremely difficult as we live in rochester and the car had to get fixed in Echuca and I'm heavily pregnant and have to attend all my ob appointments in echuca, so the rental made life easy not difficult.

So easy to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

I rang Acorn and within three hours I had a car delivered to me , all the staff members I dealt with were so friendly and helpful. i would recommend this service to anyone who had a (not at fault)accident - thank you very much

This was great for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2017

I didnt have a credit card so I couldn't hire a car after my car was hit I had no way to get it fixed because I raise two girls and couldn't be left without a car,that's when your company came to the rescue they brought the car to me and made the whole experience super easy thankyou so much I couldn't have done this without you.

Awesome service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

We had an incident at 7:30 am took our car to the smash repairers they notified us about acorn rental and provided a car within an hour, awesome effort very efficient service, thoroughly recommend!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

The quality of the car was good, I haven't had a trouble with it. It was perfect. It was easy to book the first time and have a great customer service.

stress free service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

This is the second time I've had to use Acorn Rentals. I can not fault the service they give, right from the time of the first phone call through to the last. They take care of everything including organising with the crash shop to drop off and pick up the rental car. HIGHLY recommended 5 STARS.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

This is the second time our company has used Acorn rentals and the service has been great both times. BOth cars were in great condition and were near new.
Highly recommend.

Can't complain!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

Service was great. Can't complain at all. Everything was well communicated from their customer service team and they were able to cater to my schedule for the delivery of the car. Would definitely recommend Acorn to friends and family.

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

This is a fantastic service which was very easy to request online with efficient and friendly customer service. The car was late model and in perfect condition. Will certainly use again if we ever need to.

Private message

Did not believe it was possible to have a hire car for no cost to me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

Very easy to book approval took a couple of days
Excellent customer service arrived on time
Very new car only done 20k spotless
Have told many people about Accorn and there service

Scare Tactics by Acorn Rentals

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

Acorn use scare tactics to the at fault driver to pay for the over priced car rental. I did not agree to pay; was unaware of the not at fault driver getting a car, and had no say at any time. My Lawyers comments" They are taking a chance by sending me a final demand letter. They are taking a chance that some suckers will fall for it.

They should be barred from renting cars and this matter will be referred to the accc. They should be ashamed of this practise... Disgusted.

No clue!

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2016

Booking was painful (2 times 15 minutes on the phone to them), asked more irrelevant questions that they did not need to(more than insurance company did) and vehicle provided has large amounts of paint damage not listed had to call them to make sure i didn't get stung for costs.

Private message

Make sure you fully check the car yourself.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2016

Nice car on the inside, but check the car for damage not listed on the report as they will charge you for it. Rude management, this is how they make there money! Stay clear.

1 of 50 pages