• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Disgusted at letter received from Acorn' first and final letter of demand"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2015

Acorn use scare tactics to the at fault driver to pay for the over priced car rental. I did not agree to pay ; was unaware of the not at fault driver getting a car , and had no say at any time. My Lawyers comments" They are taking a chance by sending me a final demand letter. They are taking a chance that some suckers will fall for it.

They should be barred from renting cars and this matter will be referred to the accc .They should be ashamed of this practise... Disgusted

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

What a service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2012

I had an accident recently that was not my fault. A person backed out of their driveway straight into my car.

My smash repairer referred me to Acorn Rentals who in turn provided me with a rental car for free while my car was repaired. They sent their bill direct to the at fault insurance company.

The car was delivered to me at the panel shop and picked up at the end. It was a fantastic service, so much so I've been singing the praises of Acorn Rentals to anyone that will listen!

+ Free rental car, great customer service

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Horrible service go elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2014

RUDE, ABRUPT, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SHOCKING...
I asked to speak to manager and I was told she was sick. So I spoke to someone whom told me I was lying about the service? and she was just as rude......
There are plenty more of these hire car places to go... And I am!

+ Nothing

- My advice... Go elsewhere....

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Most unprofessional and difficult to deal with company ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2013

I submitted an online application, by the afternoon I had not heard anything, so I called them. They asked me what the receipt number is, I said I did not get one. She said I should have an email, I said I didnt have one. Then, she could not find my application by my name or my registration. When I advised that I definately did it and the website gave me a message to say it went through, she then asked me my suburb, and was then able to find it. She then did something and sent me the email reciept. Which just says the application is in progress and they will get back to me and did not give a timeframe. I think it is important that when you have no transport, you know when you might be getting transport!

Anyway, she then repeated to me the exact same information that was in the email, that it was in progress and they would get back to me. I said that I really needed to know what that meant, whether it was that day, in a couple of days or in a week, etc, because I had a current rental car and needed to know whether to extend that rental or not. Preferring, of course, not to be out of pocket if possible. She said she didnt know, that they didnt have any cars and didnt know when any cars would come in. She would not budge from this.

I eventually asked to speak to a supervisor, as I was completely incredulous by this time, and was put onto another lady. I advised that all I wanted was to be given some sort of indication of how long I would be waiting, whether it would be a day, a few days, a week, etc. I was advised that there was no way that they could give me that information, that I could be waiting a couple of days, I could be waiting a month. That they didnt want to make any promises in case it came back on them if it didnt work out. She also said that the insurance companies were really hard to work with, and that, particularly with GIO (the insurer of the person who hit me), it could get really complicated. So, interesting handball of responsibility to a business partner! Wonder if the insurers realise that Acorn staff are speaking about them like this!

At this point, my head is reeling, and I tell her that I have no idea how they run a business this way! She advised that they are not a business, they are a service. I advise that I do not feel that it is very professional and to please delete my application because I need something a bit more concrete, and could not work with them (note, I was in an open plan office at the time, my place of work, so I was certainly not being inappropriate). She got nasty with me, said they didnt want to work with me either, and hung up on me.

I honestly do not know how they can expect people to just be okay with not knowing whether they will get a car or not, for periods of up to one month! Much easier to go to the traditional car rental places and pay up front. At least you will know you will get a car and professional service.

+ I like the concept.

- Utterly impractical and unprofessional

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Was great, especially when I didn’t expect to even get a loan carev

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

Everything was great, only needed to use vehicle to get to work and to do school run, so vehicle provided was perfect.

Private message

Blown away by such perfect assistance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

Absolutely brilliant. Friendly and prompt. Professional. Fantastic. You made a stressful time bearable and went the extra nine yards A huge thank you

Easy car rental

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

All good easy communication
Prompt delivery and pick up
Nice car
Clean car
Thanks for your service and support
Cheers

Private message

Amazing service, couldnt have been more helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

From my first phone call to dropping the car off everything has been smooth and easy. The people that were on the phone to me were very helpful and made it as easy as possible to get me back on the road.

Paradise

A prompt professional service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

All interactions with staff were positive. A prompt professional service. Loved to pick up and drop off at car yard.

Private message

Great service helped me out of a tight spot

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

Efficient service, delivered nice clean modern car promptly and were generous with the pick up giving me 1 days grace.

Mrs K Nicol

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

The vehicle was very good.
I used the car to get my self from work and back.
The car was paid by the insurance company, as It was a insurance claim by 3rd party.

Private message

Great service and quality cars!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Customer service was great and helpful. The car was amazing! A brand new Camry. Was able to get to work while mine was being repaired. Would use them again... but hopefully don’t need too ;)

wunderbar

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Excellent service. Nothing else of note to add. It was a seamless transaction. Would be happy to hire from them again.

Perth

Very handy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I was provided with a clean well presented near new vehicle. And the ability to simply collect and return the vehicle to the repairers premises was very handy.

PROFESSIONAL SERVICE

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Very good service,punctual & professional service with delivery of vehicle on time.
A car that we requested or similar was provided in a friendly ,courteous & efficient manner.
Would definitely recommend the company

Top cars, Top service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

My rented Corolla was in top condition and like new. Very clean and a pleasure to drive. My car was on site, on time and ready for me to drive away. Staff were very helpful and highly professional. They dealt with everything for me. Excess was very reasonable. I would highly recommend Acorn for your next car rental. They are certainly my rental company of choice.

Excellent service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Excellent service and Nice Staff. We ask a car that is cheap on gas, then they gave us what we requested. Thank you Acorn Rentals.

Verified Customer

Painless process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Fab customer service in all areas of the company. Loved the Toyota raf almost as much as my mustang.Thank you for making the total process painless.

Auckland

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I was well looked after service was very good thanks car was very good and clean as well delivery on time

Verified Customer

Great help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

The Camry that was sent to me was wonderful, Acorn were great to talk to on the phone and made it easier for me to pick up the car from my repairer as I would be at work when they could drop the car off. They also gave me two Acorn Rentals pint glasses as a thank you for using their services

1 of 70 pages

My husbands car was ran into while it was parked, out insurance has advised us not to drive it until it is assessed which is the 4th jan due to being christmas. They have paid excess to their insurance but thweir insurance is telling us we have to pay for the hire car first then they will reimburse me, which is so wrong when we arent at fault. What is the process on getting a car through you please? my isnurance company has forwared your detaisl on, cheers, Kirby

Kirby asked on Dec 29, 2016

Good Morning Kirby,

I can either send you an application form to your email, you can apply on our website http://acornrentals.com.au/not-at-fault-application-form/ or please contact our head office on 1300 22 6767.

Kind regards,

Acorn Rentals

Do you have an office at the Gold Coast?

joan asked on Mar 20, 2016

Answer this

Hi Joan, we do not have an office at the Gold Coast however we deliver vehicles there from our Brisbane branch. Hope this answers your question. Regards, Aaron

Hi, have just been reading through some of your shining reviews. However I am interested in hiring a campervan, do you hire campers at all?

Joe asked on Nov 06, 2015

Good Morning Joe,

Unfortunately we do not have camper vans. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,