• 5 helpful votes

What a service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2012

I had an accident recently that was not my fault. A person backed out of their driveway straight into my car.

My smash repairer referred me to Acorn Rentals who in turn provided me with a rental car for free while my car was repaired. They sent their bill direct to the at fault insurance company.

The car was delivered to me at the panel shop and picked up at the end. It was a fantastic service, so much so I've been singing the praises of Acorn Rentals to anyone that will listen!

+ Free rental car, great customer service

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Most unprofessional and difficult to deal with company ever!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2013

I submitted an online application, by the afternoon I had not heard anything, so I called them. They asked me what the receipt number is, I said I did not get one. She said I should have an email, I said I didnt have one. Then, she could not find my application by my name or my registration. When I advised that I definately did it and the website gave me a message to say it went through, she then asked me my suburb, and was then able to find it. She then did something and sent me the email reciept. Which just says the application is in progress and they will get back to me and did not give a timeframe. I think it is important that when you have no transport, you know when you might be getting transport!

Anyway, she then repeated to me the exact same information that was in the email, that it was in progress and they would get back to me. I said that I really needed to know what that meant, whether it was that day, in a couple of days or in a week, etc, because I had a current rental car and needed to know whether to extend that rental or not. Preferring, of course, not to be out of pocket if possible. She said she didnt know, that they didnt have any cars and didnt know when any cars would come in. She would not budge from this.

I eventually asked to speak to a supervisor, as I was completely incredulous by this time, and was put onto another lady. I advised that all I wanted was to be given some sort of indication of how long I would be waiting, whether it would be a day, a few days, a week, etc. I was advised that there was no way that they could give me that information, that I could be waiting a couple of days, I could be waiting a month. That they didnt want to make any promises in case it came back on them if it didnt work out. She also said that the insurance companies were really hard to work with, and that, particularly with GIO (the insurer of the person who hit me), it could get really complicated. So, interesting handball of responsibility to a business partner! Wonder if the insurers realise that Acorn staff are speaking about them like this!

At this point, my head is reeling, and I tell her that I have no idea how they run a business this way! She advised that they are not a business, they are a service. I advise that I do not feel that it is very professional and to please delete my application because I need something a bit more concrete, and could not work with them (note, I was in an open plan office at the time, my place of work, so I was certainly not being inappropriate). She got nasty with me, said they didnt want to work with me either, and hung up on me.

I honestly do not know how they can expect people to just be okay with not knowing whether they will get a car or not, for periods of up to one month! Much easier to go to the traditional car rental places and pay up front. At least you will know you will get a car and professional service.

+ I like the concept.

- Utterly impractical and unprofessional

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 comments
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Dont listen to their customers, dont seem to be bothered if you want something thats a diversion fro

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2013

3rd party hits our car whilst we are stationary at junction. My insurance company says no fault claim and one of their agents suggests Acorn. I look at their website and like the concept as its low risk to me having to pay car rental fees whilst mine is being fixed. Fill out the form. No issues. Then I contact them a couple of days later and talk to an agent about the fact that we need a 6 seater ( I have 4 kids). They say they dont have one at that time but could we compromise. I agree we could get away with a 5 seater in the short term. A few days later a date is agreed and they suggest a Corolla ( please......, my wife a 17r old, a 15 yr old a 12 yr old and 10 yrs old) is not going to cut it for these 5. I say I'll talk to my wife who calls them back and she says no we need a bigger car as a corolla is too small and considering recent events does not feel safe in such a small car . Wife turns up at repair shop and a corolla is there which she rejects. We call Acorn back and explain again why a corolla is no good and they say a 7 seater will be avaialble next week. Next week comes and goes . We call Acorn again and ask where the 7 seater is. " still not available". Agent then proceeeds to try and get her accept a.... Yes you've guessed it.. Corolla. She explains (again) why its too small (and why). Agent then tries to get her to accept a ... YARIS!!!! ,thats smaller than a Corolla - Jeez what planet are these people on,!!!. She asks after the 7 seater and is told it might be available next week. We wait another couple of days, no phone call from Acorn, no update no nothing, we give up. Book a hire car through Thrifty and cancel the Acorn order. What a waste of time and effort. We did all the chasing, talk about make you feel your custom isn't valued. Whoever started this company should be crying into their beer , a fantastic concept and opportunity destroyed by naff service.

+ liked the concept of it taking the hassle away from the customer

- Rubbish customer experience, they did'nt deliver. It was a total hassle - major Fail

Terrible!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2013

We were in a collision, not at fault. Having used Acorn before, the next day I phoned to make an application. After 2 days of constantly calling and them telling me they'd call me back straight away, I lodged an online application. Still no response. A day later I rang and was told I should have an email (I didn't). Over the course of the next several days I rang a multitude of times, I was given varying excuses from 'you're next in line to be called', or 'we'll call you in the next 10 mins' to 'we're waiting to hear back from your insurance company' (they shouldn't have even HAD to ring my company. I was never once called back. I also attempted email contact. By the time 9 days had passed, and I had been fobbed off yet again (this time they were blaming AAMI, the at fault drivers insurance for having long call waiting periods) I wrote a very scathing complaint. Finally, I got a call back. Only to tell me despite their advertising that they will provide the car for all insurance companies, that AAMI haven't been paying ACorn back their car hire costs, so they couldn't do anything for me. It took them NINE DAYS to explain that. Quite simply the most frustrating and incompetent customer service experience I think I've ever had!!

- Poor customer service, poor response times, inaccurate information, uninformed staff.

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2013

After being hit by a truck who conducted an illegal right hand turn and destroying my car, I found Acorn Rentals to be Amazing!!! My application was lodged and once the at fault insurance company accepted fault (hard to deny but they wanted to be difficult!) I was delivered a vehicle which was modern, immaculate and a breeze to drive! I kept the vehicle while awaiting my settlement costs from the insurance company. Without Acorn Rentals, I would have been without a vehicle for a total of Six Weeks! All because someone else can't drive properly! As the accident was not my fault I should Not have to pay for a rental car as a result of a negligent road user! With the rising cost of living in Sydney, I would not be able to afford the cost of a rental anyway.

The staff were incredible, they made the whole process easy for me, thank you again Acorn Rentals I have already informed my friends and family of this fantastic service you provide. One word: Amazing.

+ Inexpensive, fantastic concept

Father with 3 kids in HEAVEN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2013

I was sadly hit by a young fella that was on his P plates. I gave Acorn Rentals a call as I was referred by a mate and when I spoke with them they ran me through the options of ways I could apply, I happily decided to apply online. Later in the day I received an email with my reference number, the following business day I got a call saying approval went smoothly with the insurance company and also my repairer. The staff that I spoke with made it very clear that delays can take place, vehicles are subject to availability but they would try there best to get me a car that suited. To be perfectly honest even if it wasn't the same car it was FREE, that's what I loved best about the service, its was completely free and people that complain about getting a free service has some nerve. Thank you Acorn for your time and service because of your vehicle I was able to presume my life and running around after my three children

+ Free and fast, very kinda staff members that took the time to listen to my scenario

Customer service at its best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2013

I was involved in a car accident that wasn't my fault and was referred to Acorn by a friend. Once my online application was submitted I received a phone call that same day with a brand new car delivered to my home the next completely free! Dropping the car off was just as easy, just made the swap at the smash repairers when picking up my car.

Beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2013

I was involved in a car accident that wasn't my fault and referred to Acorn by my panel beater. Once my online application was submitted I recieved a phone call from Acorn informing me that as RAA was the insurance company of the "party at fault" if I wished to proceed I should be prepared to go to court as Acorn and RAA had an ongoing dispute over past payments. I was also informed that if I did not appear in court then I would be liable for the payment of the rental costs. My question is :- if there is a dispute between Acorn and RAA why bring any prospective customer, who has nothing to offer, into a possible court case. Not good business or marketing practice.

Wonderful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2013

These people are AMAZING! After someone reversed into me and my car had to go in for repairs they delivered a car to me at my workplace and I just left it at the panel shop for them when my car was ready to be picked up! I wasn't charged a penny! The car was new and clean...The girl I spoke to who took my application and organised the car was so helpful and explained everything really clearly... and the man who delivered my car was great too and checked the car with me and answered all my questions. I cannot recommend these people enough. THANK YOU Acorn Rentals. What a fantastic service you provide. I will be spreading the word!

+ It was free! Not often you get something for nothing! They were very friendly and helpful people.

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes

Horrible service go elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2014

RUDE, ABRUPT, CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SHOCKING...
I asked to speak to manager and I was told she was sick. So I spoke to someone whom told me I was lying about the service? and she was just as rude......
There are plenty more of these hire car places to go... And I am!

+ Nothing

- My advice... Go elsewhere....

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2014

These guys are total gems. I cannot believe what they did for me! So surprised and thankful. I now understand things I did not before and have changed my insurer for the better. Thanks for your kind assistance. And a special thanks to my claims specialist, who was a calming influence in my situation of not having a car to use with my 3 kids for the 4 weeks my car is being repaired. You saved us!!! Thank you, thank you : )

+ Honest and down to earth

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2014

Service's been good until car delivery. I missed a call from them due to work and called back in about 10 mins at about 1 PM on the agreed delivery date. Nobody picked the phone. So I left message but nobody replied in an hour. I called again and left message again. Finally, someone picked up the phone when I called them the third time. Then he said since I didn't pick up their phone, so they can't confirm I still needed the car that day, which resulted they're not able to send me a car on the agreed day and only to be the next day instead. How ridiculous! They're not listening to my explanation at all and said there're two things I could do. One, wait for the car tomorrow. Second, cancel the application. I chose the later option and went for another company.

If I could, I would rate no star, instead of one.

Convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2014

So convenient to have.Accident wasn't my fault and received a late model car to drive while car was being repaired.car dropped off at work and then returned to my car repairer.Very easy and helpful staff too.Thank you Acorn!!

Acorn is awesome!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2015

Recommend Acorn 100%! I didn't know about Acorn until someone had told me about it and I couldn't believe how easy it was and how fast the car was delieverd to me. awesome service, very friendly team callers, definently will use this service in the future!

Got me out of a jam...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2015

Had not at fault accident christmas eve. Was without car for a few days because of holidays. When acorn returned to work i was delivered virtually a brand new car within 24 hours to my door. Can't fault the service from the delivery guys to the people behind the scenes in the office.
Only one thing i would suggest and that would be to try somehow to cover the holidays better than they were...Other than that.Perfect and thanks to all

• 1 answer

Thank God for Acorn!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2015

When some pinhead ploughed into my car (and my brothers car), whilst both our families were on holiday, we thought we were stuffed. Acorn provided us with a car immediately, a Rav4, which was in impeccable condition and very conservative on the fuel. It saved our holiday and once back home they provided us with another car immediately.
Whoever started Acorn must have a very good understanding of the insurance game..... and I'm glad they have. Kudos to you Acorn!

Life saver. Could not live without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2015

I'm a single mum who just finished uni. I had a contact job 45min drive from home. I desperately needed a car while mine was being fixed as the accident was not my fault. Acorn was awesome. Delivered to my work and picked up from the car repair shop. Would recommend it 100%.

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2015

Acorn were great to deal with. Very fast service , delivered to my front door. doing a great job guys thanks again Sam halligan

Impressive Service and friendly staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2015

I was impressed by the efficient service you provided. After I contacted your office, I got the type of car I wanted quite quickly. I am very happy about it. Also your staff who delivered the car to me is really friendly and very professional. I will definitely let all my friends know about your service.

Fantastic!Praise the lord jesus for his providence of acorn's car services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2015

I cannot thank you enough for your excellent Services!You were definitely a Godsend and i thank my God for that.Your service was beyond my expectations.Thanks to the two gentlemen who delivered the car.The car was a breeze though i was a bit apprehensive to receive such a late model car.No!it was all Perfect!Thank you so much!God Bless!

1 of 50 pages