• 6 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Love this!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

I'm on my second Aeropress, having let the rubber compress too much on my first one by leaving it in the tube for too long. These things are perfect, they are portable, you can travel with them, all you need is hot water. You can make a very acceptable cup of coffee especially as you get used to it. Make sure you shoot the plug of coffee out immediately, so the rubber isn't in the tube being compressed though.

Purchased at: Cosmorex Coffee

Mentone

• 1 question
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Easy and just ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2017

I thought I'd give this a go after reading reviews. I have owned every coffee gadget for past 30 years (fully auto espresso costing 2k, stove top, semi auto espresso, Nespresso, Caffitaly, cone/filter, drip machine, french press). This is as good as a cone and filter and I have tried all the various methods of brewing, beans and grinds. If you are after an espresso shot with crema on top, this is not the answer. And if you like you're coffee hot, good luck. I will likely use this when travelling, but that's about it.

Purchased at: eBay

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2010

Best home coffee

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

This is the best coffee maker ever. It is simple and easy to use. Plus the coffee is way less acidic so easier
on one's stomach. I have been using the Aeropress for years now. It only had paper filters at the beginning but I searched out a good stainless steel filter. Excellent for camping too.

Sydney, NSW

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Simple to use at home and on the go

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Although I have a french press, the clean taste of a coffee from my aeropress leaves me coming back very frequently. It allows for a consistent cup if you keep your variables the same (water temp., weight of beans, etc), while still leaving some room for experimentation if you change those, or add a second filter, or even a metal filter (very interesting taste, would recommend trying). It is also very fast, with less than 5 minutes to make a cup including the time it takes for my kettle to heat up. As long as your cups aren't made of paper, the pressing shouldn't result in any issues.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Simple to use and excellent results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I use the Aeropress among a couple of other coffee makers. Keep coming back to it for how portable it is and easy to use. I take it to work and on holidays to make great coffee. With some freshly ground coffee (I use a good burr grinder at home and a travel hand grinder elsewhere) the results are excellent. I love the versatility too - using more or less coffee or water and different filters (paper, metal and fine metal) leads to different results and I can usually find some way to get the most out of any bean by changing things up.

Purchased at: eBay

Date Purchased: Apr 2014

Over rated at best

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

Despite the excellent reviews. I have found the Aeropress to be a disappointment. I have to use 2 of the filters papers, at the base. Otherwise the water pours through before I have had a chance to push the plunger part down. It tastes no where near as good as the stove top that I normally use. Also make sure you have strong cups/ mugs below.

• 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Barista style coffee, anytime anywhere

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

I finally got around to buying an Aeropress after hearing a radio interview on ABC Melbourne radio in 2016. The Australian from Canberra was the World barista champion of 2016, he was asked what coffee machine he prefers . The answer was the Aeropress. He convinced me.
I purchased it online recently It was on sale. I cannot believe how easy it is to use. Best of all I can take it camping.

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Best gift I've ever received

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

So simple. With freshly ground beans this produces a fantastic cup of coffee, and you can get a wide range of coffee out of this thing if you vary the grind size, extraction time, and temperature.
Great for making cold brew coffee in as well.
Just buy one, they're amazing

Sydney

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Such an excellent tool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

This is a simple device that is easy to use, extremely easy to clean and makes fantastic, tasty coffee that I like more than most cafe espressos. Just use with water that is 95 degrees or cooler.

I would also suggest swapping in a reusable filter so you don't have to buy replacement paper ones which go to landfill.

Aerobie are a great company making smart products.

Main "machine"

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

Bought this and haven't looked back. I have a long black and haven't made one near as good on my previous espresso machine. For the money or even much more expensive nothing comes nearly close to the quality this puts out. Haven't had a bad coffee yet. I grind my own beans which does make a difference also. Don't buy it if you want a nice looking coffee machine sitting on your bench to show off. Buy it if you want them to like your coffee instead.

Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 32 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Pretty good coffee, but uses way more grounds

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2015

When my Expressi (Aldi) machine started leaking my guilt at all the capsules I was putting into landfill kicked in so I bought one of these to replace it. Makes quite nice coffee and very easy to use, though I do miss the crema - impossible without pressure. Most noticeable thing though is how much coffee it goes through, my old manual espresso machine used 7 grams of coffee per shot, the scoop which comes with the Aeropress is 16 grams (and I find I need one heaped scoop per cup). At $30/kg for mid-quality coffee, that's 48c per cup for Aeropress compared to 21c per cup in an espresso machine (or 37c per cup for Expressi capsule).

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Soldiers Point

• 7 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Best thing since sliced bread

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2015

Actually it's a lot better than sliced bread and should win a design award. Compact, clean and efficient, the coffee from this little device is way better than the pod machines and can be adapted to suit any taste. I've owned it for just over two years (06/06/2016) and had no problem with any of the parts.

Melbourne

Private message

Easy to use, great coffee and eco-friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2014

I've had one of these for years - bought on the recommendation of a barista friend. It makes great coffee that you can vary to your own taste, is super easy to clean up (push grounds into the compost or bin and rinse), is portable and needs no power.
The coffee from these is so good that many "coffee snob" cafes in Melbourne are now offering Aeropress-made coffee as an option.

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Absolutely Amazing, I use it every day!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2014

I was visiting my local coffee store every day until I purchased my Aero Press! It is amazing, I have saved so much money not buying take away coffee. My coffee always tastes amazing, it's super quick and easy to clean up. Much better than any of the pod machines i have used in the past.

+ Cheap, Environmentally friendly, Delicious Coffee

Bathurst, New South Wales

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Well Worth The Money For a Great Coffee.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2013

Forget about all those pod machines you see advertised. This device is so simple to use, and it makes the best coffee you'll ever taste from a home gadget. I suggest using the "Inverted" method that others talk about as it infuses the coffee. This simple device makes fresh coffee the way you want it, just like getting it from a barista.

+ Reliable, Easy To Clean, Inexpensive.

Design genius

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2013

This is a brilliant coffee maker that is a perfect example of functional design. Sure, it's not glamorous, it was designed by an engineer I suspect, but it works - no electricity, no complicated cleaning, and hands down the best coffee I have ever had. It is compact so you can take it anywhere - work, camping, and it costs something like 20% of the cost of a nespressso machine. That's win-win in my book! I've had mine for 7 years and counting.

+ Brilliant design, needs no electricity.

- My only gripe is that it is never going to break, so I have no excuse to go back and buy another! ;-)

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

Makes delicious smooth coffee quickly and without any bitterness.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2012

This may seem like a gadget thats too good to be true but its not. For the cost of around $50 it makes the pretty much the best coffee I have ever had at home.
I've tried the Nespresso Machine, Various Dripolators, French Press machines, Aldi's Espressi and expensive Italian Espresso Machines.
The Aeropress makes better coffee than all of them with the possible exception of the Italian Jura.
However, for the cost of the Jura you could buy a hundred Aeropresses.

This thing makes a cup of coffee real quick as its such a simple process. J
ust put you coffee in, fill it with hot water and press. In a few seconds you will have a delightful and very clean cup of coffee. No grounds get through the filter paper.

Cleaning takes but a few seconds and it will make enough coffee for a few cups in one go if you want
Its also a boon to travel with as its compact and weighs very little.
The only thing on it which may wear out is the rubber ring that forms the seal of the presser but for the cost of the aeropress you cant complain.

Other than the coffee the only thing you have to buy is the filter papers but they can be used again if you want. They are about $6 for 350 depending on where you get them

This has become my favourite kitchen appliance.

+ I pretty much like everything about this. Its cheap, its works incredibly well and is easy to clean

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Sooo much better than the coffee machine, as coffee taste way way better

So what coffee grinder to use with this?

Does it taste like espresso or filtered coffee? Im guessing filtered, any idea what would make a portable easy to use espresso like coffee?

gabbys79 asked on Jul 31, 2017

Answer this

Hi.
The best result I have had is using the bialetti stove top. I have had the "Venus 2 cup"and it is 5 years old. It always goes camping with us.
If you grind the beans fine and tamp it down. (Even though they tell you not to. ) you will get a great espresso. No crema though. Oh yes. Don't fill the water above the valve.
I guess that's more info then you need.
Have a great day

You can get something very close to espresso if you read their directions carefully, and take note of the important things. ie the time you stir before pressing down, the grind of the beans, even the temperature of the water you use. I am happy to make an extremely strong white long black, but know people who are coffee snobs who make short blacks with the Aeropress.

The Aeropress won't fail you if you want a cup of espresso (technically, as it forces hot water through ground beans, it fits the dictionary definition).I credit Choice for that description which is exactly how I would describe it. Here is my answer: You control taste and flavour by choosing the quality of the beans. Strength is determined by the amount of ground coffee beans or water you add. If you are after the Crema always use freshly ground beans. Look out for an aeropress that is on special if you are not sure. I am of Italian descent and we love our coffee. I havent found anything else that is as good as this. Its portable, easy to use and easy to clean and you can save on electricity if you choose to use it at home as I do.

Can someone please explain the advantages of this over a regular old glass plunger?

ebonflow asked on Feb 15, 2017

Answer this

I've used both and find the aeropress quicker to brew, quicker to empty and clean and it uses a finer filter - you can buy after market options for different fineness (I use the Able fine stainless steel).

Also it's plastic so lighter and less breakable.

Product Details