AGODA: The WORST !!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

Booked 2 nights at Ulura via Agoda that said pay nothing until 2 weeks b4 travel, then got slammed with emails for more of their deals. One of which was their Agoda deal for the same room at the same hotel for the same times with the same 'pay later' thingy but $80 cheaper! Decided NOT to click 'book now' fearing it wld confuse their systems (recalling they already had my credit card details), thinking a quick call would evoke their apology and transfer new better price to my booking. ....Boy was I wrong. They were adament they are unable to see their own deals in each country (speaking to Singapore I think?) and would only accept my 'CLAIM' if i emailed a screenshot of the deal. I even did that but waited over 48 for a response that said they could not consider my 'claim' beacause the screenshot showed everything EXCEPT the 'pay later' condition so it was not a 'comparable' deal (cant fit everytjing in one screenshot from THEIR website about THEIR deal) ...and wait for it....as the deal could not be booked at the time of their 'claim processing' (remember 48hrs later) it was another reason to deny my 'claim'. Stunned and stupified!! They now want offer me a voucher for $20 whivh is nothing short of an insult. Ive travelled heaps in the last 2 yrs, China, India, Thailand and had nothing but praise for most booking site. Sorry Agoda...you did this to yourself - fix your systems and processes AND your customer service. Never Again!

WARNING: never book with Agoda

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Agoda deserves 0 star but no such option offered. I booked a deluxe quadruple room at Joy Hotel Sanchong for 3 nights for my family of 4 when I went to Taipei for New Year holiday. I paid extra for a more spacious room but was given a smaller and cheaper room upon arrival. I complained and the manager said they never offered the deluxe room shown on my confirmation through Agoda or other websites such as Booking.com. He said the larger room costs 50% more than the smaller one and I would not get a larger room or refund of the cost difference. I was shocked but couldn't do anything (no vacancy during New year's Eve). I said I would complain to Agoda.

Upon returning home, I complained to Agoda and forwarded photos to substantiate my claim. Agoda said the hotel claimed the room was right and nothing could be done. I'm absolutely disgusted by Agoda's complete neglect of consumer's interests. They don't care once you've paid in full. There are so many booking sites available. AVOID Agoda by all means!!

Problem phone calls still continue a month after my travel was over

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

A friend made a booking for me to stay in Hotel Nova de Goa in January 2018 and received a confirmarion email.
When I arrived at the Hotel on 7th Jan, I was told they did not have a booking for me. I showed them my confirmation email and after waiting for the manager to get there, I was provided with a sub-standard room - dirty, splattered with paint, no towels, no toilet paper! I stayed one night and as soon as I made other arrangements, I returned to the hotel to cancel my booking and collect my luggage. The manager was very annoyed and insisted that I paid for 2 nights, as it was passed the check out time. While I was at the hotel, family members called me, as I had given them the contact number, but any callers were told there was no one staying at the hotel with my name, which almost started a family panic, till I was able to inform my family in Australia that I was safe.
It seems that AGODA passed on my booking and contact details to OYO. Since the 7th January, I received many phone calls and text messages addressing me by names other than my own and telling me that bookings were cancelled for "non show", asking me to make payment and asking for my credit card details, etc. It is now over a month since my bad booking experience and stay in Nova de Goa. Till today I am still getting calls from OYO, Malaysia, Slovenia, Italy. When I contact OYO they tell me to contact Agoda and when I contact Agoda, they tell me to contact OYO. Really bad customer service and incorrect transfer and publishing of my personal phone number. I am not impressed to sY the least!!!!!!

Comments

It is now over 1 month since I stayed at the Hotel in Goa. I am still getting calls & now they are even calling in the early hours of the morning!!! I have reported this to my mobile phone carrier & hope this will put a end to the calls.

Verified Customer

They take your money even when there is no bungalow when you arrive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

In koh pangan Thailand. Booked a Bungalow at the beachfront for 2 weeks February 2018. When i arrived there was a mistake in their system and someone else has been renting my Bungalow for the whole first week. They tried to force me to stay a week in their hostel, a room with several beds far from the beach. I refused and had to leave and look for another accommodation in a time when almost everything are booked. The katoi at the reception said he was going to fix this mistake and cancel the whole booking because of them. Still Agoda.com quick takes the money from my account and now refuse to pay me back because the hotel doesn’t answer their E mail they claim. Now Agoda also refuse to let me speak with the management for this unserious company...But i promise i find it and i will fight until they get tired, i will write about this in every online complain site i can...Angry costumer, robbed. Hotel: The Beach Village
Room Type: Beach Front Bungalow
City/Country: Koh Phangan/Thailand
Arrival: January 27, 2018
Departure: February 11, 2018

Melbourne

• 1 question

Don’t book with Agoda

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

I booked with Agoda while staying in Bali for the 5th Feb 18, they emailed me confirmation and took $588 from account, on the 5th of Feb at 3.45am while sleeping I received an email from Agoda canceling my booking, called and called we wasted the whole morning trying to find out why, we even spoke to head office but all they would say to us ‘ we can’t help you any further’
We tried to contact them by email after their supervisor hung up the phone after my husband yelled at him but all our emails bounced back.
They left us high and dry without any explanation whatsoever, we were in a foreign country with kids, no accomodation and without $588 that we needed but couldn’t access, we had to lodge a transaction dispute with our bank in order to get our money back. We travel often, never had any issues with any other companies, I urge everyone to stay away from Agoda, the worst service ever!

My booking cancelled by agoda

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

I made a booking thru Agoda on the 1 December 2017 for the Sama sama hotel in KL. Booked 3 rooms for 1 night for the 11 feb 2018. I booked it for approx $500.On the 9th I received an email stating my booking was cancelled. However I did not cancel the booking. When I went back to try to re booked it, the price had gone up to $800plus . I try to call thru to speak to someone and everytime i put in my booking id it disconnected my call. Then in the email, they said there maybe a charge for cancelling. That's bull!!! I did not cancel the booking. AGODA did themselves and wants charge me for cancelling the booking. That's fraud. If they charge my credit card I will take them to the ombudsmen and log it with my bank. I will never use them again

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
Private message

Worst customer service of all time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

The worst customer service I have ever encountered that is if you can get them to answer you. Do not use this service. I used booking.com and selected an Agoda offer. I booked a specific room at what appeared to be a good price until my confirmation came through of course and they have given me a totally different room. After a week of trying to sort out my issue they phoned me in Australia from Hong Kong at 8:30 pm on Saturday night. They offered to TRY and get me early check- in as compensation but that I would have to pay the fee on arrival and then once I gave them a multiple pieces of evidence to prove I paid it (everything except my first born child) that they would refund me. If it took one week to get someone to reply to my emails I don’t think I will live long enough to get my money back. Now of course they have disappeared again. No resolution, no compensation only aggravation. Thanks for nothing Agoda.

Comments

Further to my review above - Agoda have now contacted me numerous times only to make the same offer over and over again. I will not trust them to refund my money so have refused the offer. The las... read more »

Brisbane

• 1 answer

Price match Guarantee - Fail

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Refuse to honour their price matching claim. Made it really complicated to do then kept asking for more information and finally declining to match the hotels own standard rates. In future will use the site to locate accom then go directly to the hotel site and ask to either match or better Agoda.

Verified Customer

Perfect example of defecating your lawn and kicking your dog

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2018

Worst customer care ever!!

I booked a room around March last year. That's over 10 months in advance notice that I have provided. However, I was only notified of an expired credit card a week before the reservation date and only given 24 hours to respond...

From their action, this caused me to not only find a last minute hotel which costed more than originally planned, but also at a terrible location.

I understand that business is business and they need to fill up the room to make money but Jesus Christ they were willing to let my partner and I to be stranded in Venice, Italy!!

Bookings.com and Wotif provide much more notice than this!!

Safe to say that everytime when I have a rectal expulsion, it would be called agoda.

Misleading Prices

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2018

Advertised EDreams as cheapest return flight to Bangkok only to be redirected to a US site and was charged in US dollars. No reference anywhere that US dollars was being used, Very deceiving and was charged a hefty transaction fee, Never again,

Melbourne

Private message

Wont honor price match guarantee

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

Booked in and found a hotel price much cheaper. Turns out they wont honor it. Typical misleading company. Use someone else

GROVEDALE

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

don't use the app

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

If you book with them, don't use the app. It will charge you in USD not AUD and you won't be able to cancel the booking.

Timboon

Absolutely disgusting company!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

I was a hotel provider and Agoda are most of the time uncontactable and terrible to deal with. They do not care about their hotel providers and are money hungry!! They tried to charge me as a provider $850 for not having a room available when a glitch in their system booked my room that had been booked for months! Needless to say I have cancelled all my services with Agoda!!!

No hotel available

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Booked a hotel on Agoda for our trip to California, their website suggests that you should receive a confirmation email within 10 mins of booking. Waited nearly 2 hours and still no email. So after 2 hours of trying to get through to them on the phone, they then proceed to tell me that the room was no longer available? Very very poor customer service! Never again! Steer well clear!

Verified Customer

Rude staff blaming ME for their issues

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

The cancelled my booking at a hotel and didn't let me know until I had already checked in. Then blamed ME for their breakdown in communication. Terrible people. Wouldn't trust them again, incompetent and dishonest.

Verified Customer

Agoda is a liar, do not book with them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Agoda lie about the pricing. We got trapped with their 79% off deal. We thought we were getting something amazing on a last minute sale only to turn up to the motel to realise it is a basic accomodation which is not even worth what we were charged for. Do not get hooked into Agoda’s false pricing advertisements. They are an unethical company that lie to their customers to get business. We will never use Agoda again.

Cancelled the booking

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

I got charged in USD rather then AUD so I requested a refund as this was unexpected. The price was competitive in AUD but not if it was USD. The next day they cancelled the booking without my permission and sent me a giftcard. I rang them to ask them to reinstate the booking as I only asked for a refund not a cancellation. The lady said she would get back to me.

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Excessive conversion in currency exchange

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2018

I booked a hotel with $15 off code. The final price in the booking shows both Aud and Nzd price. I was charged with 10% higher currency exchange rate which is absurd as there was no fluctuation during the period. That $15 off meant nothing really.

No problems with the booking, but found cheaper rates elsewhere

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2017

The booking process was simple and quick. Similar to other websites that I used before, like Booking.com and Wotif.com. However, following the booking payment and confirmation I realised that the hotel was offering a lower rate (17% cheaper) at their own website. I made a claim under Agoda's intensively advertised Best Price Guarantee, only to discover their online form does not work and when a real person replies to emails is just to dismiss the claim on poor excuses. It is always disappointing when someone makes a promise to sell you a service and then they don't honour those promises, but especially when you know that websites like Agoda use customer reports like this one for their benefit in order to remain competitive with prices. I will not use Agoda again and I will not recommend it because, not only you can find cheaper rates elsewhere, but also they don't honour their promises.

Do not use AGODA

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

Advertised accommodation in USD to make them appear to have the cheapest deal, however after conversion to AUD, they were one of the most expensive. Considering I reside in Australia and I was booking an Australian hotel, why would the cost be in any other currency that Australia dollars...! The Australia Hotel doesn't accept USD...? Scheming, misleading and completely uninterested in customer service - Choose any other booking company for your travel!

1 of 22 pages