Totally wrong descriptions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I have used Agoda for years but will not use them again, since they have changed hands everything is really bad, a lot of the descriptions they market are incorrect, I.e. advertising pool view when hotel tell you they can’t guarantee it (and you end up with view of rooftops and rubbish) also
A number of their listings have wrong room size, also photographs of wrong rooms and descriptions, everything is very badly done now.
Customer service also very bad.
Just had bad experience in Bali hotel, drama went on for 2 days until I really lost it with management, they said they have stopped using Agoda due to problems but I challenged them that they are still on Agoda app, they said Agoda are buying their rooms through another agent now I.e Booking.com and still advertising. The big corporations own these companies now and are doing a very bad job.
We also had problems at the other hotel (booked for 2 weeks
Just don’t use Agoda.
Ex long term customer

Excellent service from Asia reps

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

I've used Agoda for booking accommodation in Asia at least 6 times over the last 3yrs, have nothing but praise for them. On one of my bookings I booked the wrong date, I realized my error and called and spoke to a rep who rang the hotel who then changed the date of my booking free of charge. Can't believe these reviews, the Asia reps are great.

Gold coast

• 4 helpful votes

Scheme, deceiving, manipulators

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Hate them!
I booked apartment on Australian Agoda app for 390, was happy with the price, went through the payment system, not once stating it was in usd dollars, not even on my PayPal, i found this quite the scheme and trickery by the company, when my confirmation email came through of 563aud. This is a deceptive way to do business, and they did not respond accordingly it was rude, scripted and unapologetic.

They charged me for a cancelled booking.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

I made a booking with agoda. It charged my debit card but for some reason it had problems processing on the agoda app. I called up and they service rep told me to cancell and rebook.

So I did. But it didnt refund money as for some reason their system thinks I didnt pay yet I got charged.

I tried called back but once I put the booking number in, it says its cancelled then hangs up.

No way to contact via msg. I dont know what to do now. I am out of pocket for something not my fault. I dont know how to rectify it.

Very unfair. Btw their gift cards a crap as most hotels dnt accept it rendering in nearly useless.

I just want my money back.

Verified Customer

Booked and paid for two beds, delivered a single one

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I booked a double room with 2 double bedsto the New yorker hotel, with Agoda. At the hotel, the , turned out to be a single room with one queen bed. The New Yorker people said it was Agoda's fault : although I paid for the double room and received an e-mail confirmation about it, they did the booking for a single room and never send me any update e-mail about the change. I tried to reach the Agoda people, but when I entered the reservation ID, it told me that it was not valid, although the desk at the hotel recognize the id booking and the payment for the room went though my mastercard ! As for speaking to a real person there, well it doesn't seem to exist. I am extremely disappointed, both at Agoda who badly managed the reservation, charge me for a product, delivered a lesser one and did not bother to answer, and at the New Yorker hotel who did not try to make any accommodation to my friends and washed their hands under the argument that the booking was made by a third party (well if you let that third party sell thousands of rooms a year for you, you kind of linked and therefore you kind of have a responsibility!

Sylvie P.

Verified Customer

Phone disconnecting and charging in wrong currency

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I'm in Australia booking a hotel in Aus, app downloaded and was in USD unbeknownst to me. Booked hotel then was charged $150 more when converted to AUD.
The process of contacting Agoda was incredibly frustrating. Telephone line disconnected on me 3 days in a row at the language options. Could not find an email. Eventually got through and got no apology or empathy, just questions and somebody who seemed to not understand at all about the phone issues.
Asked nicely for a refund and after 4 day was offered an agoda voucher. Better than nothing but disappointed I had to use this company again.
It felt Like this company is a scam the whole time dealing with them.

Will never use Agoda Again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Please make sure when you are booking with them, you look at all the details. They advertisement are built to deceive, I recently made a non refundable booking because there was an icon showing breakfast in the advertisement and the price for $330, when in fact for that room rate there is no breakfast and the only option that includes breakfast is for a $650 room rate. I could of got the room cheaper on another website. Their advertising is false and misleading and I hope that nobody makes the mistake that I did

Do not trust booknow pay later- fake exchange rate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Money was charged to my card for my bookings. I was charged $300 aus more than the quote- the reason I was given was the particular exchange rate that day was high. I showed them a screen shot of the exchange rate that was much lower, but no explanation was given - there was no transparency when I asked to see the exchange rate they chose to use. Staff kept telling me they could not provide me with information, and ceased communication

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes

Appalling and Dishonest Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I booked an apartment for 3 days. I didn't get the promised emailed confirmation id but they had an authorisation hold on my bank account, so I tried to contact them. For 3 days they were sending me around in circles saying they can't find my booking and they were trying to contact me and that I have to send my request through my account on their system and not through a "third party". I said that I would continue to contact through my email account so I would have an email trail record of our correspondence. My mobile did not list any missed calls for the entire 3 days I was chasing them. I soon realised that the Free cancellation period would expire within a couple of days. So, even though they were still saying they could not find a booking in my name I sent them a formal cancellation request for the booking should it appear in their system in the next couple of days and that I have notified my bank of my intent to cancel the booking. After that email I got 3 contradictory emails from them, the first saying they still can't find my booking, the 2nd quoting the confirmation id that I never got and the 3rd saying they can't find any record of my booking.
As I couldn't find any other form of contact eg telephone number, I wouldn't trust them.

Terrible!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

The worst company and customer service I’ve ever had to deal with. They were SO rude!! Didn’t resolve the problem at all. I wouldn’t recommend using them ever. Had to cancel a booking with 10 days notice due a medical condition and they were not helpful at all.

Hong Kong

Verified Customer

Manipulated reviews. Disappointing customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

Truly disappointing Agoda experience! Manipulated reviews! Poor customer service!
I have reserved 2 rooms at a hotel Hotel du Havre in Paris suggested by agoda 7/10 reviews, and fairly okey reviews on the page.
When I got to hotel what I saw was absolutely not what I saw online. The room was old and dirty, bed sheets have not been changed, and if they have been changed, they haven't been washed, there were stains all over them. There were hairs in the bathroom floor and bathtub, mold all over the bathroom and the room, smell of bed bugs repellent, blood stains on the walls, carpets, blankets and mattress. The grosest experience I've ever had in a hotel.
Immediately I contacted customer service and I was told that the hotel has no cancellation policy but if I send a proof that room is not to standard agoda will probably refund me. I took pictures of the hotel and sent them over to agoda. After I sent images I received an e-mail saying that agoda contacted the hotel and hotel said that room was clean!!! That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard because I was at that room (2 rooms in fact because I booked 2 rooms, and they were both gross!). I took and sent pictures proving that the rooms were dirty. In the meanwhile I checked out because it was too gross to stay the night and made a last minute reservation at another hotel.
Oh, and on top of that the hotel staff were the rudest people I met in Paris on that trip. They even charged me city tax upon check in and refused to pay it back even though I didn't spend a night there.
A few days later I received an e-mail from Mara at agoda repeating the same thing that hotel has no cancellation policy and asking if she could call and I replied with my phone number but never heard back either. Since then I sent a few e-mails and haven't received any feedback from anyone at agoda.
I also did try to post a review about my experience on agoda.com for Hotel du Havre but review has not even been published!!!! And here I wonder why, because I'm sure there will be more guests like myself who would book it based on reviews that do not represent the reality. At this point I realise that agoda has provided information that was not fully representing the condition of hotel I was booking and is refusing any responsibility.
I have used agoda a few times and I am not a fussy traveler, I can handle a lot of things. But that hotel was absolutely gross and nobody should stay there.
I am truly disappointed with the whole experience from booking till early check out and how agoda handled my complaint and the poor customer service. In the future I will certainly look for another way of making hotel bookings.

Private message

worst customer service on planet earth

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

worst customer service on planet earth, you cannot contact them even when you call them, if you try to change your booking dates the website asks you to create an account when you try it keeps asking you to click I am not a robot you the press create back to I am not a robot this can go on indefinitely, there were other ways online but they would always reply they were not online at this time and then give you the option of paying money that was supposedly refundable to have an offsite person resolve your computer issues, which I did not have, the problem is with Agodas customer service, one site of theirs said that over 11 thousand customers had the same problem as me, I would have thought that would trigger a big red flag to them to say they have issues.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

No compassion, NO customer service! Appaling.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

My husband incurred a catastrophic traffic accident the day before we were meant to travel. I cancelled our booking online the day before. I have tried to obtain a refund based on the exceptional circumstances. They have refused to reply to emails and by phone I am advised (automated ) our booking has been cancelled.All other companies we dealt with were compassionate and refunded no questions asked. Appalling company policy, appalling lack of service and compassion. They should be ashamed to use the "love" agoda symbol. Love money, don't care about real people.

KATOOMBA

The'ye like "Herpes"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Good luck to the motel trying to get rid of Agoda, it is impossible to contact them by phone and they never reply to emails, we put the price of our motel up by 50% so people wouldn't use them, now they just latch onto Booking.com another trashful online booking agent who now owns them, you just can't get rid of them, there like "Herpes". Here's a clue, book direct with the motel you want to stay at, then if you have a problem it can be fixed immediately. The problem is not the bloodsucking online agents, it's the lazy people using them, stop whinging about their crap service and take responsibility for your own laziness, if no-one uses them they won't have a job, and 100% of your booking fee will stay in Australia instead of somewhere between 12 & 25 % of it going overseas. BOOK DIRECT

Price NOT in Australian dollars

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Recently booked 1 night at a 5 star hotel in Bali via my mobile app. I'm an Australian and used and booked the hotel while in Australia via my Agoda mobile app. NO where does it say the price is quoted in US dollars. BEWARE of using the mobile app but it is! I have read similar complaints.

Melbourne

• 1 answer
Private message

24/7 Customer Service YES!!... BUT IT'S the same respond for any email you send them. Rating ZERO

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Booked a 5 Star Hotel because I was travelling with my 2 years old. My booking was a "non-refundable and cannot be amended or modified"

Only to find out at Check In that my booking has been Cancelled. I tried a call but don't get anywhere because my booking number has been Cancelled.

So, the only option was to email...email ..and email asking them to amend or activate my booking through my stay. All I got back was the same respond email "non-refundable and cannot be amended or modified"

I had to paid the hotel directly for these night. Because Agoda has Failed to pass my payment to the hotel.

I should get my Refund for the booking.

Refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

I booked hotel in Melbourne paid in full, unfortunately my error wrong address for hotel, wanted to exchange for same date as all friends staying there booked swanston and wanted Spencer easy mistake

Gold Coast

Disgruntled Customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2018

Lol we were disappointed with Agoda.
We booked a room through them & specifically asked for twin beds.
We arrived to find the room only had 1 bed. The staff were happy to put a roll out bed in for us at an additional cost but the lack of space in the room would have made it cramped & uncomfortable..also neither 1 of us were prepared to sleep on the roll out after already paying for 2 beds.
We are now out of pocket after having to find alternative accommodation.
Agoda you need to pull your finger out & make sure your customers get what have requested instead of just taking our money & running.

Coldstream

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Misrepresentation of hotel and horrible customer service and they flat out lie to you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

I booked a room at a “4 star” hotel that was lucky to be a 1 Star.
It was tiny, had no kettle or fridge, toilet was about a meter from my small uncomfortable bed, turned shower on and it smelt like septic.
After dealing with beyond rude staff at the hotel, who told me they couldn’t issue a refund because it came through Agoda, I rang them.
I had some rude as hell woman tell me my complaint wasn’t a complaint or significant, that I could speak to a manager because I had no reason to, even after telling her by law if I requested to she must put me through to one, she then told me my complaint wasn’t good enough reason to speak to a manager, I told her I wanted to complain about her customer service she said she would have one call me, and that no one would refund my money because I didn’t leave in the middle of the night. I never received a call from a manager but didn’t receive an email saying that my complaint was closed as it had been resolved so again she lied. I put a complaint in with PayPal, Agoda replies with a response that makes no sense except no refund the rest reads like they have plucked random words from a hat.
Disgusting don’t use them ever.

Most aspects great but a big thumbs down for their 'Gift Card' system.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Just recently made a hotel booking and the indication was that I was entitled to
a gift card in the value of AUD$24.00
That's an unexpected bonus I thought UNTIL I saw the conditions.
The gift card would be credited to my Agoda account on check out and expire 2 WEEKS later.
I sent of a complaint and the answer was basically "That's the way it is".
Moral of this story.
Don't let the Gift Card sway you as you are not likely to get to redeem it.

Comments

I must stress that I gave 1 star for their Gift Card system only. I have never had a problem with any other aspect of Agda's service.

1 of 30 pages