• 5 helpful votes
Private message

The fee charged by Airtasker is massive now.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

They have increased their cut to 22% from 15%. The 22% fee is way too high, I paid a tasker $500 and A/T took $110. This is robbery...this is the last time I will ever use them. My tradie said the same thing, He cannot afford to do jobs now. If AT thinks they can get away with this, think again... just watch the business drop off.

Difficulty with website

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Found accessing messages and confirming payment very frustrating as having pressed the relevant button was returned to home page multiple times. Not sure if this is an iOS problem as also couldn’t set up the call system. Our tradie however was excellent.

Melbourne

Very handy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Handy and easy to use , great communication between. Myself and the worker for the task. Highly recommend this service

Great business.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Fantastic service to use when you need a handy person or cleaner. I use a cleaner through Airtasker and recommend this great way to find people to help you with any task you need.

For first time user it's a bit hard to manoeuvre

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

In theory it's a great idea!
In saying that as a first time user I found the site a little confusing to navigate: not logical. Unfortunately for Tasker's also operating a business Air-taskers mandatory 22% fee would price a lot of jobs out of their contention; either that or they'd be undercutting themselves to gain the work... Surely the fee doesn't have to be so high..?
Unless necessary (as this work was)...and fee's are adjusted I don't think I'll be back.

A great initiative

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

This is the first time I used this site and found it easy to navigate and within a couple of hours I had multiple responses. The woman I selected for the task was easy to deal with an fast in her response.

First time using Airtasker.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

My first time using Airtasker, it was easy peasy from sign up to releasing payment for a task well done. I will be using it a lot.

Verified Customer

Best of its kind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

I didn’t expect that high level of efficiency to get the job almost effortlessly done,
I didn’t leave my place, and the Airtasker done it all for me (pick up stove and dishwasher from Balmain and delivered them to me in Neutral Bay)
in less than 2 hours, Thanks Louie,
And the control over the money (holding it back till I alow them to release it)
Just Great

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Only used once but it was efficient and quick. Excellent service. Will use often especially for small jobs that I can’t do myself.

Manly Vale

• 4 helpful votes

Simple to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Airtasker made it easy for me to find a qualified tradesman at very short notice. I would recommended using Airtasker

great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

excellent and easy to use
had not used before
was easy and got quick response and got the job done i needed.

Verified Customer

Great platform for tasks I can’t do on my own

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

I need some product photos taken, using Airtasker meant I could find the photographer to get the job completed - quick, painless and great value.

Great way to find a handy man

Website easy to use.
Payment was easy, no fuss. Easy to pick the petson you want to do the job

This is the way!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I have found airtasker to be easy to use, brilliant for picking up the work when you want it and app is great too.

Fast and reliable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

My messy garage just needed that can-do attitude. In no time my shelves were sorted and the floor swept. It was a simple fix, but had slipped into my "gonna do" too-hard basket. My Airtasker was amazing.

Makes life easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

This service makes life so much easier. Easy to use and very reliable and trustworthy. I will use it whenever I need some services to be done. Job well done

Fees and service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Fees are too high and the greedy CEO is only benefiting from this increase in fees payments use to be one business day, but now three days.
Transparency is pathetic for the person post the task, fees are not seen from the posters point of view.
Greed greed greed
Waiting for someone else with a fairer platform, try oneflare, hi pages.

Comments

agree

Partly disappointed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

My removalist never turned up. I could not find anyone to contact to ask for help. Was my 1st booking. Was unable to leave a review online to earn other bookers. This airtasker should be disqualified. Did get my refund, so that worked well.
On the other hand had great experience with cleaner.

Amazing service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I have never used Airtasker previousy and I must say I was very impressed as to how everything was handled and the professionalism from start to end. I had a 12 foot caravan that needed to be towed from Sydney to Nelson Bay. Mark S arrived early to ensure the caravan was right , which as a single female not sure what I had to look for, was greatly appreciated. Everything went really well. Tks so much.

Exactly what I required for the amount I could afford

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

First time user. Easy to setup and task was accepted, completed exactly as i hoped it could be. Thanks to Airtasker and especially Eddie!

1 of 302 pages

What to do if I offered to do a job, and then when I get to the Make Offer section find that the Poster only wants to pay $20 for 8.5 hours work? How do I withdraw my offer to help them and my comments?

happyfeet asked on Sep 19, 2018

Answer this

Hi there, thanks for your question. You can withdraw your offer if it hasn't yet been accepted. At the moment, we don't have the option to remove your comment, however, you can contact our team to do this for you if you'd like. If the offer has been accepted, you will need to lodge a task cancellation request. It sounds like you wouldn't be responsible for the task being cancelled in this case, so please be sure to select the correct reason so the cancellation does not effect your completion rate. If you need to reach our team for assistance on this at any point, please contact support@airtasker.com

What do I I do if a Tasker hasn’t completed the task and has damaged things in the process, and is expecting full payment?

Dustin asked on Aug 15, 2018

Answer this

Don’t release the payment for a bad job. Through airtasker you can only leave negative review for the tasker. Dispute resolution process can be found here-

Hi Dustin - Eldho is right, we have a dispute resolution process (at the link they included) to help towards a positive and fair outcome for the task. It's important that you not release the funds if the task has not been completed - get in touch with us by emailing support@airtasker.com so we can assist with negotiating an outcome between you and the Tasker.

The Tasker is expecting money and doesn’t want me to leave a review..
How dodgy is that..?
I have an experienced carpenter coming over tonight to have a look at the damaged doors x3 out of the 4 doors are damaged and they cost $170 each

Hi how can i get back my money assigned air tasker?

Awaz asked on Jul 27, 2018

Answer this

Hi Awaz, please contact support@airtasker.com to help you out with any outstanding payments

I tried this and was asked to become a member of a different website and demand the money from them..Don't even think of Airtasker you will lose your money as they demand payment in advance and won't make a refund .They direct you to various websites and ask you to become a member on these sites.I have lost $150 I paid in advance the person assigned the job accepted the job and stopped communicating .I think airtasker must have stooges to respond and stop communicating so airtasker can refuse to refund the money.