Mount Gambier, SA

• 3 answers

Verified Purchase Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Dec 2018

Fantastic little machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Bought this yesterday along with milk frother, after seeing all the good reviews. Certainly not disappointed....Even the first cup which is usually trial and error with most machines, produced a fantastic cup of coffee which was hot! unlike the coffee I used to get from my Nespresso pod machine. Like the fact you can rinse before and after making a coffee, which only takes seconds. Bought five different types of the Aldi coffee pods, which are far far cheaper than pods were for my old Nespresso machine, so that was a bonus. Have tried three so far, and like them all. Can definitely recommend this machine and for $79 you can't go wrong.

Lithgow

• 4 answers

Generation: 2013 Edition Date Purchased: Aug 2012

Makes great coffee

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I would have to say the quality of the machine is 2nd to none. Coffee quality is simply the best and consistent. The temperature is not too hot, or too cold it's just right. I love my coffee machine thanks ALDI, and the price is right each pod costs 37cents, it costs me 50cents to make a cup of coffee that would cost me $5 to buy at a coffee shop.

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Nov 2018

Great! Great!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Brought this machine recently and love it. I find it very easy to use and the coffee tastes great. It comes with a milk frother containing 2 settings. We use to have a pod machine and the coffee was never hot enough. No need to heat these coffees in microwave, it's always steaming hot.

Coffs Harbour

Generation: 2015 Edition Date Purchased: May 2015

Awesome Coffee Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I have had the Aldi coffee machine for 3 years and couldn't be happier. I used to have the DeLonghi Nespresso Machine, but had lots of problems and the pods were too expensive. The range of Aldi coffee pods are amazing and taste so smooth. I look forward to my first cuppa every morning - can't beat the taste or value.

Bendigo

• 6 answers
  • 96 helpful votes

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Oct 2018

Very, very nice indeed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

I bought this as a surprise birthday gift for my wife. We had used a similar machine while holidaying and she agreed that although it was "nice" , probably not worth the fuss and expense.:
Fair enough, I thought, just thing to get her for her birthday!
I used Product Review to research the options and after much deliberation decided to go for the Aldi machine. Much cheaper that the majority of others and the general comments on ease of use and longevity won me over. I also paid attention to the capsule consideration and looked into the differences between the Aldi K-fee system caps and the more common Nespresso type. Going by the reviews on here it seemed to me that the Aldi range was the cheapest but also received very favourable taste comments.
The machine is indeed compact and fits into our small kitchen very nicely, thank you. Everything works just as it should. However, if you use any Caffitaly capsules that do fit and do make a nice brew, you will find that they tend to not pop out for release and are fiddly to assist to do so. The Woolies brand is not too bad, the Grinders are little more stubborn, but the Gloria Jeans a real "sticker". I have just found a much easier way (yes, I know, just buy the Aldi brand) and that just takes the slightest smear of Margarine on the flange, then wiped off, to have it happily drop away. Have to say, though, the Aldi brand is so wide ranging it should suit most tastes..
Pre-warming the cup on a cold morning helps the brew.
Oh, yes.. the surprise was very well received.

Brisbane

• 34 helpful votes

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Nov 2004

Loving my machine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

this machine is the best thing that I've ever purchased. Its quick, easy and the taste is just delicious. better than any merlo or coffee shop ever! defiantly buy this product. the coffee spurts out so so smoothley with such a rich texture! ahhhhh we love it so much! Buy it today

Purchased at: The Baby Gallery

Balwyn, Victoria

• 8 comments
  • 26 answers
  • 26 helpful votes

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Apr 2018

Great little unit.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

My sister has owned her Aldi machine for several years. I had a Breville expresso machine which broke after four years (still haven't fixed it). So my sister bought me the Aldi pod machine for my birthday and I am very happy with it.
It is NOT the same quality OR a replacement for a FULL BLOWN expresso machine.
But it does make good pod coffees. Versatile and quick. Certainly better than some other pod machines I've used.
Pros:
1. EASY to use
2. Decent Pod Coffee (not as great as an expresso machine)
3. Trivial to clean.
4. Stylish
5. Great range of Coffee, hot chocolate etc available
6. Pods cost 37 cents
7. Can program the volume of water preferred for both small and large cups.
8. Price
9. Convenient
10. Slimline

Cons:
It is NOT an expresso machine. LOL

Purchased at: ALDI

Comments

Needs to be FLUSHED four times b4 first use.Hope that helps the person who asked about getting their's set up.

More than adequate

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

I have never been a coffee drinker until the last year.

After getting tired of the instant stuff at home I wanted a easy way of making more decent coffee. After looking around and considering the options i went with this one as i am not a coffee connoisseur.

Being half the price of most of the others on the market and the coffee pods also being cheaper (16 to a pack rather than 10 for the same RRP) was definitely attractive to me.

I have had for about 3-4 weeks now and am still happy with the purchase of this and the milk frother accessory.

Simple to use (only has 3 buttons) for either Expresso or Lungo sizes. The build quality also seems fine. Maybe not the prettiest machine or the smallest but I was prepared for that. Just remember to turn off at the wall socket when finished as the standby function seems to not reset. So you have to turn off and on again at the wall switch.

And the coffee is just fine for me. Even tried the Hot Chocolate and that seems quite nice as well.

Will recommend.

Kyogle

• 1 question

Great Coffee

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

We love our new coffee machine. Great range of pods which deliver consistently good coffee. The coffee is always hot and the machine is so easy to use. It is very cost effective. The frother is also easy to use and easy to clean. This is our second pod machine and we would definitely recommend.

Melbourne

• 11 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: May 2016

Great machine and great coffee

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I have had this machine for over 2 years now and it has been great. Always produces a hot cuppa, and the Aldi coffee pods are as good as any. The only thing i would like to see is bio-degradable or compostable pods to save landfill. Warranty is finished so I would buy another if I encounter a problem in the future.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 5 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 12 helpful votes

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Jul 2018

Great Machine - No Issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Makes coffee with pods and has a frother. It looks nice, is easy to clean and is pretty quiet.
The only thing annoying is the little thing that goes in the bottom of the frother can be lost so easily but thats the only thing I can complain about.
Can use Gloria Jeans and Lavazza capsules.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Aug 2018

Compact pod coffee machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

A neat compact stylish coffee machine. Takes up minimal space on the bench. Easy to use pods make coffee making easy. Aldi has a good range of coffees in pods for the preferences of coffee drinkers. The machine is easy to keep clean as removable parts are easily washed. Aldi has a good return policy should a product fail to perform as expected, too.

• 7 helpful votes

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Sep 2018

Instant coffee takes a back seat.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

I was given the Aldi coffee machine, milk frother and 6 boxes of coffee pods to try as a house warming gift. Suffice to say, we have not reached for the instant coffee ever since. It's easy to use, the coffee range is great tasting and is excellent value for money. I have just learned through 'bellybelly.com.au' that Aldi coffee machines take 'Lavazza blue' pods, and Woolworths 'Caffitaly' which gives this product even more diversity. I like my coffee really hot, so I boil the water before I put it in the machine. I am very satisfied with this machine.

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Best money I've spent.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2018

Not at all expensive, and the coffee capsules are really well priced as well. Terrific variety of strengths of coffee, mine being the number 12. Makes a cup of coffee as good as my favourite cafe'. I'd recommend these to anyone. Next stop is a second one for my workshop.

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Apr 2018

How good is this thing!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2018

Had it 6 months, made 4 coffees per day on average and never missed a beat. Water tank and bin compartments easy to remove and fill / empty. Easy to clean overall. The pods are cheap, lots of flavors and the strength reasons are quite accurate - the taste is excellent. We must have saved hundreds in not buying full price cafe coffees. Highly recommend.

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Awesome coffee maker

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

I love this coffee machine and the coffee pods. I have saved so much money on not buying coffees and the machine is so simple to use and keep clean. I have not had any problems with our machine and the value for what you pay equals brilliance. Will definitely get another in the event our current one stops working

Sydney

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Aug 2017

Cheap and cheerful

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

By far the simplest of the pod style machines to operate and still allows choices for shot size. Pods are affordable and a good range of flavours with a good decaf option too- the best decaf we’ve come across so far. the downside is the pods aren’t recyclable! Machine did leak if filled but not used, can be loud if rinsed incorrectly (with a pod in) but produces quality hot coffee at home for a decent price.

Dandenong

• 4 answers

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Jun 2018

I love my aldi coffee pod machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

Since i bought the aldi coffee pod machine ive never had any problems with it , i had a major problem with my Vittorio espressotoria coffee machine and that machine cost a whole lot more than the aldi one, i recently found out on Google u can reuse the aldi coffee pods after u have used it open it up see if there is a white plastic cap inside u need this , the aldi coffee pod Milano has the white caps, u can use what ever coffee of your choice like fresh coffee beans grinded up which i do, or u can buy other pods open them up and put them in the aldi pod put the cap on and insert it in the machine yummy coffee, then just empty out the contents and just wash the pod for reuse, i have saved a heap, just dont over fill the pod , fill below the line in pod, then sit back and enjoy your coffee of your choice , i hope this has helped

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Smooth coffee and so fast to make it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

I am a convert after holding out for many years to pod coffee. The main thing that got me in was the convenience and Aldis Expressis range of pods is first rate. Its just so well planned and easy to use that its a no brainer. Aldi do a good range but if you have some particular coffee that you just love, well you can get refillable ones online.

Generation: 2016 Edition Date Purchased: May 2018

Excellent machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

This is a very well-made machine, Especially the milk frother, it is amazing and so roomy that I can fill 3 mugs with hot frothed milk and add a capsule of my favourite coffee perfect on a cold day, I was comparing this milk frother from Nespresso and the Aldi one is so much better

1 of 45 pages

2015 Edition

I have an aldi expressi machine, purchased less than four months ago, the only button that works is the rinse button. I can no longer make a cup of coffee with one press of a button. I have to press the rinse button about five time to get a full cup. Anyone know a fix for this or should I just return?

Brianna asked on Dec 04, 2018

My Aldi coffee machine was working fine till we put it away for a bit. Now the water wont go through the machine to rinse or make coffee. It makes the loud noise as usual but water isnt dispensing. Iv checked the water tank is in properly and all lights are green. Out of warranty also. Any advice?

meganjh asked on Nov 18, 2018

Answer this

I have no experience this will work but maybe fill water tank with hot water, fire up the clean/hot water first time use button and then leave it to sit, theory is it’ll clear a blockage, if not get some of the cleaning solution from Aldi and try that.

I got a new unopened Aldi coffee machine from a friend who didn’t want it ( no receipt) I plugged it in and turned it on, then loaded a pod but I couldn’t push the arm down to pierce the pod etc. couldn’t work out what was wrong. Any ideas please? Thanks in advance for any help !

Edith T asked on Nov 11, 2018

Answer this

You need to flush the machine each time you turn it on. AND NEEDS to be FLUSHED FOUR TIMES WHEN FIRST USED.
So maybe this needs to happen when you first use it, or it won't piece the pod ??
The flush button is the far right button. After the flush, try loading the pod. After you have flushed the machine, the other two buttons are usable.
Also try removing the bin (tilt bin backwards slightly, then slide out). Ensure the water tank is sitting properly and full.
The machine will turn off automatically after five minutes of inactivity.
Remember to eject the pods after each use.
You can also program the length of the short and long cycle. From memory you hold the desired button down then left go when the correct volume.
But just get it working first :)

See all 258 questions about Aldi Expressi Machine

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details