• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Wrapped with service at Kwinana Aldi!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2018

I just wanted to comment on the exceptional customer service I recieved in my most recent shop at Kwinana Aldi Supermarket. The lovely Trainee Store Manager whom helped me with my list of queries, and going above and beyond to help me track down an item. Thank you, you made my day!!!!

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Saturday Specials

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2018

Went to local Aldi's store at 8.40 am to get advertised special and they were all sold out even at another store in local area....i could understand being sold out after 2 hours but not in first 10 minutes !!!! lift your game Aldi's if you want customers

Checking my personal bag

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

I was asked tonight by Aldi employee to open my personal bag, he said it in a rude manner without acknowledging me or saying Thanks. I was so embarrassed it was very busy time and I felt like I was targeted by the worker. I am rethinking if I will ever bother going to do my shopping there,I don't think saving few dollars is worth being insulted and feel discriminated against.

Armadale

• 1 comment
  • 4 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

This is a newly opened shop

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

I always like new shops and enjoy browsing , but this store badly needs to look at what dry goods it has displayed most of which are small and rather uninteresting overall the shop stocks new and interesting clothing items all of which were reasonably priced along with electrical goods .This store is well worth a look

Bag search

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Aldi you disgust me! I'm absolutely appalled at your new policy to check your customers bags!! I have been a really loyal customer for many many years now and have spent alot of money in your stores and then I go in today to do my usual shop and get ready to drop more money to only be asked by your staff to look inside my bags at checkout..and not only my shopping bags but my handbag!!! And when I refused they refused to serve me!!!! How dare you make your customers feel not only like criminals but to try invade their privacy also. As if I'm going to open my handbag for staff at a supermarket when I have done nothing wrong.. What a horrible way to treat your customers! Why do no other supermarkets do this? I will never step foot inside one of your stores again while this policy is in place and will be making sure none of my family do either. If you're that worried about people stealing, hire security to sit and watch the cameras or else put security tags on your products but DON'T ask your staff to search the customers bags that is just HORRIBLE!!!!! I feel so angry and upset after my experience in there today. Never again. Coles and Woolworths would never do this and that's who I will continue to shop with.

Bad quality product and bad after sale service takes a long time and a lot of calls to organize for

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

$500 Sterling dishwasher keeps breaking down.
Very bad after sale service we have to call many times to get under warranty repairs, aldi has subcontracting repairers and the process to get them repair the product takes a long time and follow ups.
We’ll never buy any electrical products from Aldi as they have bad quality and false warranty service.

• 3 helpful votes

Addicted

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

ALDI will always be my favourite store, the prices are amazing and there’s always such fun things to look at in the middle aisles

Not as described

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

Oh so natural fruit and nut mix. Promises ingredients Brazil nut,cashew,almond,walnut,seeds and sultanas.
What you get is seeds sultanas and almonds only. The rest is 1 of each. Very disappointing

Adelaide

• 12 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Very dissapointed lately

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

I received the catalog with the Special buys, turn up on the day and what I want is not there. Either sold out or never came in to that store. I won't bother with their Special buys any more and I'm certainly not going to Que at the door on Saturday mornings.

Just bloody hopeless and misleading advertising as far as I'm concerned.

I Liked the Cheese cakes (sweet haven) but now they have got rid of the aluminum base and use plastic instead and no paper card on top so can't invert easily to divide up into four quarters, trying to do so all the bread crumbs start falling away partly because of the plastic and because of no backing plate and just makes a mess.

(Can't find an Aldi product feedback page) Bad move by Aldi. I just go there now for a few things but a lot of the shopping is elsewhere.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

ALDI flatbread (PIZZA alternative)

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

So I love the ALDI stonebased pizzas but then I bought the pizza type flatbread and just WOW. Absolutely amazing. I was blow away at the quality and the taste. Much better than anything else similar and better than takeaway. All my family love it and want it every night for dinner. We had a family birthday recently and the kids just wanted flatbread for their friends and not any takeaway. I was amazed. Try it and you will not be disappointed. I just had one to myself for lunch. Time to go restock!

• 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Aldi Bundoora - What a joke.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2018

I decided to go against tradition and pop into the Bundoora ALDI store. BIG mistake.
Not only does ALDI have a limited variety of items, but most items are sub-par in quality, and this particular store was sub-par in service.
They were slow in opening another service isle, and when they did, I was greeted to a nonchalant, rude trainee manager (yes, you heard right. Trainee MANAGER) who acted like she didn't want to be there.
Is this what I can expect for supposed discount prices, ALDI? No thanks. I'll stick to Coles.

Brosbane

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

QUALITY FOOD at REASONABLE PRICES!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2018

ALDI is the best value supermarket for food. Their prices are stable and they don’t change them each week for “specials” like Coles & Woolies do. Since ALDI came along the other 2 big supermarkets have had to lift their game considerably (they should have done that BEFORE Aldi arrived, but didn’t because they were a duopoly and we customers suffered). I am SO grateful to ALDI for allowing me to feed my kids well on a limited budget - they are the BEST in my book and always will be.

Beef Mince 4Star 500g

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

1st time ever purchased & is the worst mince beef ever. Looked great in the packet good color but when cooked the fat is disgusting, Made a sauce & so much fat it was sitting on top of the liquid. The meat also had no flavour.

• 1 helpful vote

ALDI - abusive and cruel

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

ALDI physically assaulted my wife when they tried to check her personal handbag.
She didn’t refuse a bag check, she was busy and not paying attention so they grabbed her arm
When challenged, they tried to hide behind “store policy”
Will never ever shop here again.

• 5 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Aldi carrum victoria

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Deputy manager at Carrum would not help bring the conveyer belt forward to assist me placing stock on belt. Argued and asked me to place items at the front so he didn't have to bring the belt forward. Absolute drop kick moron guy. The store had no bags for customers. Moron guy asked if i had bags in my car. Idiot thats why i asked about bags. I had to place all items loose in my boot. Aldi is also dropping the ball on not having stocked shelves. Since Aldi sells one type for example rinse aid. When its out of stock there are no other brands. This is why Coles or Wollies are better and friendly customer service, but Aldi is cheaper but comes with a price! Bad customer service and no varieties. Aldi pick up your game and order stock for your customers. Its not rocket science!

Fair Suck, Of The Saveloy

• 13 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 43 answers
  • 191 helpful votes

German Efficiency Down Under

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

The newly renovated stores are 5 stars !. Fantastic private label and now some branded products at great prices !. No nonsense, just the best and cheap. But, don't expect a smile from the customer service people as its not the way the German business model works and yes you do pack your own bags and need to be quick. The good thing here is, I'm not paying Aldi to pack my bags and if I'm paying by card, I swipe and select my savings account rather than use paywave (lazy buggers way) which goes only to credit. Overall, I'm very impressed with Aldi and recommend.

angus meat

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

Angus. Meat to tough to to chew and pork. Roast to much fat. Was alright when first opened and brought meat

don't buy Aldi outdoor furniture

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2018

I bought an outdoor wicker dining table with two bench seats last year. a year later I have noticed that the wicker (plastic wicker type) is completely disintegrating. It has a glass table top and fortunatley the frame has kept that safe. Aldi refuse to refund as I dont have the receipt and if outside of the 12 months wont even talk about it despite this being supposedly for use outdoors which you would expect to last several years at least. I had mine under cover as well. Not happy and will no longer be shopping at Aldi.

Quality of Lamb Shanks

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2018

My wife purchased a 2 pack of marinated lamb shanks (1Kilo) from the freezer department at aldi and after preparing them for our main meal, the meat was impossible to chew and what was left was not enough for 1 person. Minus the bones and non chewable meat we were left with about 100 grams or less.We have shopped at Aldi before and have not previously encountered such poor quality.

Looking in handbags

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2018

Aldi have a new policy of asking to look inside your handbag - I find this very insulting and personal - no other supermarkets in our area ask this - not happy at all - I love shopping at aldi - but do not like this new policy.

1 of 62 pages

Has anyone purchased the filing cabinet? Do all drawers lock?

Loz K asked on Apr 24, 2018

Answer this

Only buy well known brand filing cabinets as they will probably outlast you. Brands like Namco, Statewide, Steelco and Brownbuilt. I still have my Namco 4 drawer after 37 years and a dozen moves.

I have recently brought a steam cleaner from Aldi (easy home) and am finding it is leaving my floor quite wet, haven't had this from my old steamer. Any one else with this problem? Cheers Marilyn

Mal asked on Apr 19, 2018

Answer this

Aldi's steam mop brand is "Lumina".
Target stores sell the 'Easy Home" brand.

I really enjoy the small cans of portview tuna but I read that some cans leach metal nano particles. Can you please tell me whether these cans are lined? Thanks

Julie H asked on Apr 13, 2018

Answer this

A lot of Aldi products don’t comply with Australian food standards law. I’d honestly avoid using this product. Aldi show no accountability for these substandard products either. Last year a tuna product sold by Aldi was found to contain ridiculously dangerous amounts of mercury!! Aldi covered it up and took no responsibility by blaming the manufacturer. The countries of origin don’t have legal food standard laws so you can never really know if what you’re consuming is safe. Personally I’d wait for Coles or WW to have a great special on tuna and stock up there. At least you’ll know you’re safe and protected by them.

Thanks so much for your insight and your time to share that with me!

Julie. You should do your own research if this is a concern. The word "nano" should be the give away. Scenario - a nano SIM card can fit 100,000,000,000,000 nano particles on one side. Everyone has their own view, just as Ashlee P does. From my own experience, all shops/importers deny liability for product problems and all say its the manufacturer at fault, which they are. No business is large enough to open, scientifically test and monitor a can from every box imported. And, Aldi does comply with Food Standards Australia. In case you didn't know, there is only a handful of seafood cannery's left around the world now and the biggest is in Thailand. Even John West has most seafood canned in Thailand and some in Alaska/USA. Australia has one seafood cannery and its the smallest in the world - go figure !.