• 39 comments
  • 26 answers
  • 79 helpful votes

Quick Oats-ALDI

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

ALDI Quick oats Claims that as "quick" but it is in fact not quick (takes more that 3 minutes)- I cook it in milk for 2.5 minutes in high and then cook another 1.5 minute in 70% level to Microwave to get it edible.
I believe the supplier of ALDI product needs to Grind the Oats to a little bit smaller in size to test and confirm that it cook within 2 to 2.50 minutes at high heat (100%).

clear island waters

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

rubbish

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

excited by the Oktoberfest items, but the Nuremberg sausages are a disappointment , they shrivel up to halve the size , full of water, still our dog did like them

Gold Coast

Great bargains

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2017

Aldi is a good shop. I now go to Aldi all the time. Prices are really good especially for items like detergents and similar products.
Their specials are really good.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Never find an advertised product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Yesterday i went in Aldi Lakemba NSW, they advertised in the catalogue the Paulaner 5L keg they should arrive the 20th of September, i asked one they said didn't received the stock. Is not the first time i went other times and the stock didn't received. I never find any problem to the other Aldi, only in Lakemba. I told the manager i really disappointed and is the last time i'm going to this Aldi. Very bad experience

• 5 comments
  • 19 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Not Impressed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

I find Aldi compares its generic items to name brand products, then proceeds to inform us they are cheaper DUH!!
Lets compare generic products, and we will find that Aldi are no cheaper, add to that you always have to wait at the checkout, many products are not available due to their limited supply and space, aisles are not labelled, so you must go through the whole place to find what you are looking for. And for the end result, to maybe save a couple of dollars. I would also like to know why it is that all the Barcodes at Aldi do not contain numbers, is it because they dont want us to know where their products come from ???

Gold Coast

Need to shop here first

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2017

Started going to Aldi about a year ago and now shop there all the time. Whilst Aldi doesn't have everything I need there are certain items that are far less expensive than the two big retailers. I now find that I go to Aldi first. As range increases I find I am buying more at Aldi and less elsewhere.
Service is good and you never seem to have to queue at the checkout as extra checkouts are opened when required.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Port Macquarie

After sales parts

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

Bought a lawn edger from Tuggeranong some time ago, tried to get blades for it and was told they don't think they are available but will get someone from that department to call me back. 3 days later and 3 calls to them put on hold still have no satisfaction and still have not had a call back. Don't they call items like this consumeables?

Verified Customer

Aldi Rangehood: Sucked in alright.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

Despite being an accomplished handyman, my husband is now throwing out our second aldi rangehood he is unable to install as it just can't fit and operate in integrated cupboard. Such a pity it was bought a year and half ago, would love to return it instead of putting it in bin. And imagine telling someone who cared! Dream on.

Perth

• 3 helpful votes

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

I buy 95% of our groceries here including meat, vege, cleaners, nappies and love it. Everything is so much cheaper than Coles and woolies and it's the only supermarket that you don't actually fee ripped off at the till!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Cambooya

• 1 question
  • 3 answers

MSG Intolerants Beware of Aldi products

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

I have a msg intolerance and after eating some of Aldi's products was wondering why I was getting msg reactions. After investigating my chemical food book discovered that the food number range between 620 and 635, food enhancers contains msg. Products like their potato chips, pizza, take away dinners like the family quiches, frittata's etc. I have seen signs up in Aldi with no added msg, but I have many occasions brought to the managers attention the numbers on the products that has been added to the food that they do contain msg. I am finding more and more products having it returned. I checked some of the same products from Woolies and they had none. Sometimes I have found a food I could eat, and when go to buy more it has had the 620 - 35 numbers added to it. My question is why do they or any manufacturer need to put these flavour enhances into the food when it is perfectly ok without? Not good enough Aldi. It is very frustrating. In saying that, both Coles and Woolworths sell products too like chips and chicken soup with these bad flavour enhancers.

My shop at Aldi overall is fairly good. Prices are reasonable, though some fruit and veg are only 1 cent cheaper than Coles, eg, bananas, so I will buy it at Coles to get flybuy points. They use to be anywhere up to a dollar cheaper a year ago in fruit and veg prices. Sometimes still are, but the quality is often rubbish. Staff at our Aldi are polite. Thus a three star rating from me.

Sydney, Australia

ALDI Chatswood

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Most of the staff very friendly and approachable
Great quality products and much cheaper than major supermarket chains. Love shopping there. Only issue is returning trolleys - they make it hard to get money back when returning it as not easy to find where to return. The location in the parking aparea at Westfield is not practical for shoppers.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

sydney

POOR ENVIRONMENTAL ATTITUDE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

I bought a microwave with a grill from Aldi . When I unpacked the microwave the Grill tray was missing from the box. I went back to the store and was told they did not have any more microwaves and I could either return it or ring the help line . I rang the help line and they told me to ring the manufacturer. The manufacturer said they had no grill tray as their policy with this item was to throw away any returned item. The CSR said she would look around and call me back either way . A week passed and no call. My environmental values will not allow me to return a perfectly good microwave to Aldi knowing they will throw it in the bin - and I am disgusted at Aldi's acceptance of this practise. I have solved my own problem by buying a raised cake cooler and modifying. Have spoken to the feedback line at Aldi - but they just don't get it .

New South Wales

• 8 helpful votes

Borgs Spinach and Cheese Rolls

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I don't understand when Aldi has a good product like Borgs Spinach and Cheese rolls they stop carrying it and instead now have a replacement one that I have tried and don't like. It's not even in the race with the Borgs one. But I still enjoy shopping at Aldi and have not had any bad experiences with staff. Thanks

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Staff at Aldi Blair Athol

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

A staff at Blair Athol is very rude and doesnt have any patience and respect.
He raised his voice to my husband for no reason at all. My husband was just asking if he could give him $5 note instead of coins. Don't like anymore to go shopping at Aldi Blair Athol, rather go to Coles or Woolworths.

Brisbane

Private message

Downsize but no price reduction!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I buy at Aldi for a neighbour that doesn't drive anymore. One item he buys each week is a "big" packet of chips. Yesterday when I went to pick them up in the shop I noticed two sizes in one carton. The 250g Sprinter Chips have been reduced to a mere 175g but still at the higher price. I was disappointed to say the least. I expect better from them.

Melbourne

ALDI Mince - full of water

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I was going to make a bit pot of Bol to make a big pot of spag bol. Something I've done many times.

I purchased 6x500g trays of mince from ALDI. 3 x pork and 3 x 5 star beef.

When I got home, the cats visited for their small treat so I opened a beef and put some on a saucer - and it was, well, WET.

When I cooked it the mix, without any additional liquid added, was SLOPPY and the meat had no real flavour.

So - this report.

IMO the ALDI beef and pork mince I purchased was full of water.

I've no way of checking - all I can say is BUYER BEWARE. While it might look cheap it might actually be quite expensive to buy water @ $10 a kilo. It tasted crap too.

Point cook

Private message

Shopping thrown in trolly and rude member of staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

Went to aldi on several occasions every time I am served by the bald male he thrashes about all the groceries as though he is in a competition ... with him self as no-one else does that to see how quick he can scan your food
We once asked a question about the price of something and he became offended and answered abruptly. I ended up apologising for checking how much the item was because he was so rude
Could understand if it's a one off but he's always like that.
It's aldi - he needs to chill out

Private message

Reduce the pack size. It not the price

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

It appears Aldi have reduced the sachet size of their Sylvesters cat food from 100g to 85g, yet the price appears to have remained the same. They used to come in a 12 x 100g box, now 12x 85g box.

• 9 helpful votes

Cheap shopping

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Aldis is a good cheap supermarket with good brand products that are fresh and number one good value around and got household products to.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

ADELAIDE

• 8 comments
  • 7 answers
  • 44 helpful votes

Being rushed

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2017

Typical German way of rushing people through a checkout. One always feels rushed. Ones you get your money out and done paying, the next person is already being processed. You are just not given the space or time to pack your items as i would at other Supermarkets. One of many reasons why my family left Germany and now introduced the rush culture here. Not for me thank you.

1 of 52 pages