Fruits and Vegetables

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I am writing this review because I was forced to buy Aldi products because I am on a pension, and I previously
never shopped at Aldi. My complaint is with their fruits and vegetables which are genetically modified, the fruit is over sized and full of water and lack any flavour. The cucumbers, spinach leaves and carrots are all over sized and lack flavour and nutrients.

• 7 comments
  • 12 answers
  • 37 helpful votes
Private message

Aldi concentrated dishwashing liquid 'NEW & IMPROVED' NOT!!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

always purchased Aldi lemon concentrated dishwashing liquid for years ,couple of drips of liquid = bowl full of suds that stayed there and removed any stubborn grease etc.latest Improved version is rubbish,1/3rd sits in bottom like glue top 2/3rds thin and useless,even when water added to dilute whats left it comes out like Clag and doesn't readily dissolve in water or hold its 'suds' it is now rubbish will be returning to named brands to see if theirs has changed too?why change a good product to a new and improved rubbish version. NOT HAPPY ALDI.
FOOT NOTE; still shop there for their normally, hard to beat on price and quality products.

Another reason to hate ALDI.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

I recently went into the ALDI Kallangur Queensland store you ask for information. . Staff accused me of stealing. . NOTHING in my possession was from the ALDI store. . I had not ventured into any shopping aisle. . I regret that I did not call the Police. . ALDI are a disgrace. . And they refuse to admit that they are in the wrong.

Rotten food

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

Over the last year, I have been sold a mouldy Camembert with orange mould in it. I was sold a mouldy out of date borek and a rotting salad. It's like they got the customer in and they don't care enough and think we will stay. I'll happily make the extra long trip to go buy from somewhere else if this continues.

CHATSWOOD

Quality slipping

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2017

Hi in my opinion aldi fruit and veg quality is slipping.... Also their jam is now disgusting.. I have shopped with them for 12 yrs

Goulburn NSW.

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

MSZ model cars

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Just bought a MSZ die-cast replica car for the grandson. It's a Ford F-150SVT RAPTOR for $3. 99. Car looks and goes well. But...The packaging!...That's another story! It is very securely wrapped in the usual plastic and cardboard which also incorporates a plastic screw on thingy that is VERY difficult to remove. I have a very good range of screwdrivers but this one needs a super small size to undo the locking mechanism on what is an anti theft device but come on Aldi! It's only a $3.99 toy of which the packaging probably costs $2.00. No wonder the world is drowning in rubbish. And please use a screw that actually can be undone with a normal screwdriver. Toy... 5 stars / Packaging...minus 3 stars

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Fair Suck, Of The Saveloy

• 9 comments
  • 19 answers
  • 145 helpful votes

German Efficiency Down Under

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2017

Fantastic private label and now some branded products at great prices !. No nonsense, just the best and cheap.
But, don't expect a smile from the customer service people as its not the way the German business model works and yes you do pack your own bags and need to be quick. The good thing here is, I'm not paying Aldi to pack my bags and if I'm paying by card, I swipe and select my savings account rather than use paywave (lazy buggers way) which goes only to credit. Overall, I'm very impressed with Aldi and as single parent, the money saved will go towards our 2017 Xmas holiday.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Service is Unbearable !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

Service at Aldi is unbearable! I can't cope...... I love lots of the products when they are available, which can be hit and miss. However the service is atrocious.....Its unimaginable that we are reduced to this level of inhumane interaction. They have so little space to put your items on once scanned that if you're not lightning quick at placing it in your trolley you recieve a scolding glare ! Why cant they atleast put in in your trolley?

sydney

Shinning bright

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

Greated with a smile ,
Excellent products and produce ,
At affordable prices ,
Speed through the checkouts..they support the environment
Brilliant .

Baggage locks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

Brought the baggage locks don’t even work have spent a hr mucking around trying to get them to work but nothing so thanks for wasting my time and money will not go back ever . Hope use go bankrupt for being nothing but a waste of time and money

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer

This is no acceptable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

I went to ALDI Stores in my area, one my friend bought 3D printer and he wanted me to buy more of 3D printer Filament for his projects.

I went to my local area store and i spoke to Assistant manager, I was told they are none in stock, but he asked me if he could ring other store near by and check if they have some in stock.

After confirmation, i went to other store to collect the goods, i was told that you have to speak to the store manager, which i did, but he was very rude and not at all helpful. I told him that other store rang and confirmed that you have more in stock but on the shelf but at the back in storage area.

He went inside to check and brought only one unit, where i said, i want all of the stock what you have, he said i have only one left, after few words exchanged, he went back and brought one more unit and said that's it; i don't have anymore left.

What a liar... I urge people not to go ALDI, i will never go there. I was paying for goods, I was not asking for FREE or stealing from the shop.

I have sent email to ALDI customer service team and lodged a complaints but haven't heard back from them yet.

Never to go ALDI and buy cheap stuff... Coles and Woolworth's are better in customer service.

Spicy food

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

Aldi adds to many spices to their food it should prepare food one with spices one without bought crumbed prawns my family has to keep drinking to stop burning tongues we understand some people like spicy food but Aldi should cater for both.Some people have health issues and cant eat spicy food cnsumers would appreciate change in what aldi put in food thankyou.

wollongong

Cheap & cheerfull Warranties great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Bought a food processor had problem with attachment, contacted supplier as per i instruction book ,received replacement in mail all good .bought a washing machine it stopped working but was a couple of months out of warranty .Contacted supplier as per instruction book,still sent a serviceman to repair even though IT WAS OUT OF WARRANTY, fixed all good.

Heathmont

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Excellent product but always out of stock!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Sorry to write it but I never get a chance to get my product I need, always out of stock!!
Aldi you need to stock up more

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Caboolture, Queensland

• 1 comment

Buyer Beware: Aldi Workzone High Pressure Washer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

The supplied high-pressure hose sprang a mid pipe leak after less than 8 hours of use, which one would think was a clear fault, unlucky and would be replaced.. After days of calling, emails and explaining myself to various people, I eventually got a call back,( days after being promised to), to be told that the hose, trigger, gun, water inlet filter and almost every part of the system were not covered in the warranty and considered 'consumables', and replacements can easily be bought at Bunnings. Further reading to the 'warranty' show that it s not covered at all, as I quote "Normal wear and tear of the products and it's parts" (exclude it from warranty). Unbelievable.. and the customer service was terrible, the person that dealt with me did not care at all, and said as much on the phone, even after I explained usual use, time it was used and fact I can provide photos of the fault. Save yourselves from such shoddy product and service - shop elsewhere. I was always a fan of Aldi before this.

Comments

Additionally - today I went to my local Bunnings (big store at Morayfield) and was told they did not sell parts that would fit. (Kacher, Gerni etc have universal ones, so replacements can easily be... read more »

Great buys

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

I really love Aldi because of the special buys that happen every so often. I just wish that they have more of those items in stock when they are on offer. Sometimes the store might get only 2 if the product for example I bought the bar fridge and lucky I was waiting outside the store really early on a Saturday morning to find that there were only 2 available- lucky I grabbed mine

Perth, WA

Love love love

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

Omg I'm soo in love with Aldi. This shop is amazing. My little one asked every week are we going to Aldi mum, lol I think I've taken her there a lot. It easy to find products and I like trying new stuff. Price of products are cheap but the quality it the same or better than other I have brought. Love doing my weekly shop at Aldi

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Some items are very low quality both hardware and foods.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

Screwdriver would hold charge . Tomatoes mouldy. Chicken drumsticks rotten smelly. Mushrooms brown and old. Potatoes were green. Products unavailable.

Australia

Okay Store

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

The basic shopping is good like cans and chips (packets of chips are huge and taste awesome just like smiths), frozen goods, packaged cold meat for lunches. The Wednesday and Saturday specials are okay I find them a hit and miss though. They lose a star for no bagging and having to purchase a trolley with a refundable coin is beyond annoying I never have a coin, however I see the genius in the returning of trolleys. For a warehouse feel I do find it to be understocked esp the Gluten free option which are scattered through the store. Overall a good shop for bits and pieces.

Melbourne

Great Seafood

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2017

The salmon portions and seafood mix are of excellent quality, I am impressed how fresh the products are would not buy them from anywhere else.

1 of 54 pages