• 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes

Could be better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

I do a large shop at Aldi every week/fortnight, I also need to shop in coles or Woolworths as can’t get everything there. A lot of what I did buy they have now stopped So am leaning more to other supermarkets, they have a great GF range, good specials and cheap booze. But often sold out of lots of things
Their new advert regarding “pointless points” is just insulting and really putting me off them even more,

Some cheaper deals..a few swing and misses

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

Brought some frozen Farmwood chicken Alfredo from the store. Chicken doesn't taste like any resemblance of chicken. It has a sponge consistency and no flavour so that was disappointing.
You can get some good bargains but otherwise it works out the same to buy produce from other places.

Brisbane

• 2 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Aldi Needs to Realise Customers Will Only Put Up With So Much

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2018

It used to be with Aldi that the positives of shopping with them outweighed the negatives but increasingly the negatives have taken over. They need to realise that even a little bit of customer service can go a long way and that customers won’t stay forever loyal unless they lift their game. The staff at their store in Carindale, Qld are consistently the rudest I’ve ever encountered. Even the simplest query on a product’s availability is met with disdain. They frequently don’t put all the day’s special buys out at the same time. If you ask if something that’s been advertised for that day has come in or not the person at the check-out - often the only person you can find in the store - claims ignorance. They don’t know and are not interested in finding out. They didn’t work yesterday. It’s only first thing in the morning so they’re unabe to check inferring that you’re expecting a bit too much information so early in the day, Well, actually, first thing on opening is when people turn up for the special buys. I’ve had the storage room doors slammed closed in my face when I dared to ask someone I could see working in there if a particular product had come in and told to get out of the storage room although I was only standing in the doorway! Incidentally, they didn’t answer my question. When they’re good and ready all the items start to appear. Clearly they think customers should just adopt the ‘wait and see’ approach or keep coming back to the store to check. How difficult is it to pick up a catalogue and make sure that everything going on sale that day is put out at the same time. If they cleared all the leftover items from previous weeks to make some room they just might be able to do it.

Sydney

Good Product and Best Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2018

Many time happy customer of Aldi Product. Products are durable and cost effective. Just recently purchase Roti Maker from Aldi. It is really durable and excellent quality. Customer service and refund policy is excellent.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Capalaba

• 1 comment

Hillcrest Museli bars

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

I recently purchased muesli bars the choc chip 8 pk and got some in my packet that are half the size and with the packet sealed I’m very disgusted this happens. The customer service manager at the Carindale store was short and rude also on this visit to which I advised her, her visible facial cues left to be desired made me feel like I was a burden being there for her and she responded I have a lot on my mind I said in response that shouldn’t stop you from giving good customer service and she huffed at me I will never.go back to this store.

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

not terrible but their pasta packets do not boil!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

the pasta carbonara packets dont boil and taste quite terrible, aldi is starting to go the way of other retailers.

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Aldi Products and Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Having Purchased several pieces of machinery ie: Drill Press / Demolition Breaker / Chain Saw / Chain Sharpener / Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner and many other items as well as General Shopping I have to say the experience to date has been a pleasant surprise, even when I have returned several items for exchange or refund the staff have been excellent. The Other retailers in similar markets could certainly learn a lot from Aldi's customer comes first attitude and their pricing and quality is very competitive and NO I haven't been paid to write this but having spent a lot of money over the years with many retailers it is time for the others to realise that customers are spending their hard earned money with the expectation of quality goods in return, and I hope the Aldi experience continues to be positive .

Frankston

• 7 helpful votes

Affordable family supermarket shopping

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I found Aldi to be cheaper than other supermarket stores. A bit hard to find what i need at times but overall the quality of food is good and catalogue specials are also good

Adelaide

• 1 helpful vote

Poor quality

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Bought a Roti maker from Aldi 3 Weeks ago and used it 4 times.Handle separated already making it impossible to use as the machine is normally hot to touch and the only safe place to open and shut the hot plate is from the handle.Not impressed Aldi expected better from you!

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

My local Aldi is great, just renovated their store

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Honestly, I have no issues with the store, 99% of what I want is stocked and at an ok price. There are a few things I need to shop elsewhere for but I don't mind. Plus there is all that random stuff in the centre aisles so you never know what you could leave with.

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Good saving on weekly grocery shopping

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Fair pricing, we used to do our weekly shopping at Coles then switched to Aldi and we are saving at least $50 per week. The variety is not as good as Coles or woolies but we hardly ever need to go somewhere else because we did not find what we needed at Aldi store. Overall I'd recommend the store if you like to save on your grocery shopping.

• 1 comment
  • 2 questions
  • 7 helpful votes

Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

I go to aldi to do shopping i dont get a lot but the items that i do get i am satisfied and we like some of the products and do go back i recommend it to others.

Disappointed loyal customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

OMG! Dear Aldi why oh why are you advertising your brand on TV The TV advertisement is crass and so degrading of the wonderful ALDI brand Better no commercial than this

• 1 review

Cargo Pants

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

My hubby got your cargo pants came in tan and dark camo range. He loves these to bits, there extra comfortable cut well and fit fantastic.

Don't have the stove pipe legs, or flares just simple fantastic neat pants. Only down side is the pockets are ridiculously shallow.

Coins are gone on any seat, wallet has had to be retreived a few times, nothing stays in the silly tiny pockets, if they were deeper they would be amazing.

So next year please, make the pockets a little deeper and that would be awsome!

Big shout out for Drysdale aldi store, staff are always fantastic, very efficient, but always friendly. I tend to shop there lots, because they are actually so nice, thats a rare and beautiful thing!

Keep up the good work!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Aldi advertising

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

"Worthless points"??? I have received a lot of items from accumulating these so called "worthless points" you mention in your pathetic ugly advertisement.. It's false advertising.. We really don't understand why you would say such a thing.. Jealousy I'm guessing.. I liked Aldi so would you go so low in rubbishing other supermarkets?? It's pathetic and I'm still trying to understand why you'd use such an ugly checkout operator.. It's nasty.. I won't shop at Aldi again..

bimbi, nsw

• 7 answers
  • 24 helpful votes
Private message

Check all use by dates BEFORE purchasing any bakery or dairy items Aldi selling out of date products

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

6 loaves of Bread was 2 days out of date & pushed up the front so somebody would buy it.... 8 pkts crumpets mouldy& out of date, 4 x 3 litre milk out of date cheese looked alright on the top turned it over & mouldy on the bottom. Check before purchase They wont believe you if you if you take it home then try to take it back they say you had the product at home & now trying to return it.

A big thankyou to ALDI North Sydney for its honesty

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

Just very thankful that somebody at ALDI North Sydney rescued and kept my purse which I had somehow left behind at the store. So when I phoned ALDI central, they were able to confirm that my purse was there and I could collect it. This means my loyalty to ALDI now is even greater than the good prices and quality that ALDI provides.

Verified Customer

Lithgow staff member needs to retrained or fired

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

A woman "[name removed]" that works at Lithgow and Bathurst stores acts in a disturbing way. She knows the cctv cameras have no sound and she has been goading customers (she told me to shut up and go away in a whisper) and I know she has done it to others. The area manager and the store manger were virtually useless and they banned me for yelling out "for damn sake" in frustration as I left the store. You can't get beyond their inexperienced, pimply area managers who are inept.

Horsham, Vic

• 3 helpful votes

Australian made groceries

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

My wife and I like to buy Australian products where we can. Shopping at Aldi we find it easier to get Australian made. Yes the stuff in the middle can come from anywhere and they do have European specialties but all in all on a normal family shop we take home more Australian product than we do at the other shops. Woolies and Coles are starting to bring prices down but only to meet Aldi. I also buy a fair bit of their special buys and have not had a problem with anything so far. This includes a generator, wall sander, cordless drill, and a tent so not all small stuff. I also notice that even Bunning is starting to offer the packs Aldi has had for ages. A German company giving jobs to Australians and providing good value at the same time. If you are not at least giving Aldi a go do not whinge about the cost of food and the other basics.

Aldi gardenline soil.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

I purchased some of their garden soil (10 bags)in 2017 and put it in one of their above ground Vegi gardens.
But nothing grew other than a few twisted sick looking tomato vines.
We are avid Gardeners, so we figured that the only reason for this is that we must have put it in the wrong location. Although, other plants had thrived in that location previously
So this spring 2018 we bought another above ground vegi garden & another 10 bags of their Gardenline soil.
Only this time we put this Vegi garden in a perfect spot in the yard, but the exact same thing has happened, everything has died.
Now, I decided to remove all of the Aldi soil out the first Vegi garden & I replaced it with a brand of soil from Bunnings and everything in that garden has now powered and is growing like crazy.
There is actually to much growing in that one now.
So Aldi's garden soil is not very good & in my opinion it kills plants.
They probably import it from Chernobyl, Not Good, but definitely Different