Lilydale

Ceiling paint 10L Antique white

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Paint was lumpy. Had to sieve it through a stocking. End result looked fine. Our professional painter said dont buy it again. IThe paint was cheap.

bimbi, nsw

• 11 answers
  • 26 helpful votes
Private message

Watch out for mouldy dairy & bakery products check ALL use by dates

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2019

Mouldy out of date cheese, out of date 2ltr milk, out of date yoghurt, Mouldy bread & crumpets all in the cabinets all pushed to the front for unsuspecting customers to purchase check ALL dairy & bakery products Before putting them in your trolley. If you discover it when you get home & call them or try to take it back Aldi wont exchange or refund they just say how do we know that's the item you purchased you could have that mouldy / out of date product at home &now trying to get a refund.

After Sales service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Don’t buy ALDI products that have Warranty from TEMPO (Australia). You will have a fight on your hands getting any service on the products they supply ALDI with. I wont be buying from ALDI again as they wont help just keep saying to contact TEMPO. Should have given my money away instead of buying a TV from ALDI.
I only gave one star rating as it wont let you post a review without a rating

• 1 review

Love aldi

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Love the bairnsdale aldi staff are amazing and love the prices more for my money with a budget love when they have garden stuff

Verified Customer

good, different

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

They really good and different. The quality of their product is not high but its good, and the way they serve their products is different. Totally recommended.

Tried it. Hate it.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

I decided to give Aldi a go after recommendations from friends. I fail to understand what people could find good about it as a whole. There is an extremely limited range of stock and it feels like a $2.00 shop has combined with a grocery store....of sorts! I do concede that some of the frozen goods seemed well priced. Their own brand of items is no cheaper than the woolies or Coles home brand items. I can also get name brand items for half price at Woolies and frequently stock up on these specials when they are offered.
Their fresh produce was very limited as well. I hate having to take my trolley back though the entire shopping mall to get my gold coin back....(,Ok....I'm lazy...) and the frantic way the items were thrown at me and stacked up on the tiny shelf at the cash register did my head in. They expect that you will pack your items into your trolley, then unpack and repack them on the stacking shelf! Crazy! I just packed them straight into my shopping bags whilst at the checkout and clearly had to do this at breakneck speed to keep up with the cashier.
Can't understand what the hype is about.....heading back to my usual supermarket for my peaceful Tuesday morning shop in wide uncluttered aisles, with literally 1000s of products to choose from, and calm checkout experience. Whilst, if savvy, still paying the same price for quality goods.

Rude Worker

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I normally love ALDI and find it cheaper to shop there, but the one thing I HATE is when you are being served they fly through checking out things and don't wait for you to get your things into a bag. The Asian girl with the long hair waiting on me today at ALDI Burnside was going so fast and I told her to please slow down...she didn't listen to me, didn't acknowledge that i was struggling to get things into the bags quickly enough. I didn't have much, but she could have apologised and helped me. At first I didn't think she heard me, but the people behind me clearly heard me as they were looking at me and at her so since i was standing next to her she definitely heard me. When someone asks you to slow down then please slow down. I wanted to hit her she was so rude to me. Then she was all nicey nice to the people behind me. What a joke. Get another job cause you are terrible at customer service.

adelaide

• 1 answer

Rude worker dont bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Don't bother going into Aldi at arndale. Went shopping there early in morning. Got what needed and headed to checkout. It wasnt to busy. There was a lady being served in front of me. I turned my head and saw the checkout operator bored and rolling her eyes. Then i got served. No hello just bored and was not happy. Clearly didnt like her job and did not want to be there! I have worked in retail if i acted like that i tell u my boss would be on it like u wouldn't believe. How rude!!!!! More people lined up and same behaviour. Please employee people who want to work. Not some rude little girl. She needs to grow up and learn some manners. DONT EVER GO TO AMARDA ARNDALE ALDI. Most of them are soooo rude. Shame on u! Just disappointing. To the manager please be mindful of who u hire. Because u clearly hire the worst people!

Terrible, Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

I have sent two emails through the ALDI website concerning a Television that has lost picture one month out of warranty. One on 23rd December 2018 and one on 3rd january 2019 with no response.
I am not impressed with Aldi Customer Service.

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Aldi block and shredded cheese

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2019

I have bought this a few times and each time it has gone mouldy within a few days. The aged chadder and some of the soft cheeses you can keep for a few days others no. I no longer buy my cheese or anthing electrical from aldi.
With coles and Woolworth price fighting strategy why would you buy crap from aldi. Most fresh fruit from aldi rots within days. Strawberries are are absolute no no. Aldi staff and management need to get there act together. I assume that to quality of there products for the European market is different from that in australia. A lot of australian products are what you would expect in third world countries

Gold Coast, Queensland

Spacious, Clean, Modern and mostly cheaper

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

I love Aldi stores..they are mostly cheaper than other stores and their range has expanded.
The stores I have been to have all been very modern and clean..spacious isles with fully stocked shelves.The staff could be more friendly that's the only issue I can fault.

Hervey Bay

Private message

Mush wrapped in very ordinary pastry

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

Worst pie ever. Supposed to be free range chicken & vegetable. What box did not reveal that chicken & veggies are pulverized to a stodgy, unrecognizable, baby food, over salted consistency. Had no idea what I was eating. Repulsion in every mouthful.
No problems with staff - they were great as usual.

Aldi Canterbury - Not Happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

This christmas time, I show a philips hue lights on special items, which was on a very good price. I said I want this, they took it out and couldn't scan because the computer was not reading it and said we have to send it back and they can't sell it, are you serious? There were at least 4 -5 pieces of that item. After 3 days I went there again and there were only 1 piece left. I thought they might have solved the scanning problem. I asked one staff again, he took it out and again scanning problem, he called the lady manger and she said the same thing they can'it sell it and have to send it back. I asked her, last time it was more than four pieces how come it's only one left there, she was not interested at all, in a very rude way she said she can'it do anything.

I don't understand why they hold good products, if that was not meant to sell then why it was there on special buy item??

Belmore SOUTH - Sydney

• 4 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 36 helpful votes
Private message

Where are the HELPFUL staff members???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 01, 2019

Every Aldi store I have visited is terribly UNDERstaffed.

I realise they are running a stingy operation but that is ridiculous.

WHERE IS THE ASSISTANCE ??? Can anyone help me? Does Aldi even know OR CARE that I exist and that I am in their store looking for help?

Hellooooooooooo !!!! :(

Yamba

Private message

Aldi Active Energy Super Alkaline AAA and AA batteries leak.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2018

Hi, don't get me wrong as I love shopping at ALDI, but I will never use their Active Energy Super Alkaline AA or AAA batteries again (unless they can guarantee them) as they have leaked, I can't trust these batteries in my appliances like torches, remotes, cameras and even my trusty GPS. Luckily I discovered this and have removed them from all my appliances. I have contacted them about this, but even my lady still had some in her cupboard the other day, when we needed them for a remote, in a new unopened package, one was leaking, yet the useby date was 03.2020 ! Half the package was wetted from them. In an appliance this could cause damage and corrosion. My advice now only use trusted batteries.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Such poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

The staff at every Aldi store I've been to treat their customers very poorly. I get that they are overworked but I know when you go for a job interview here, they outline that you will be performing the roles of multiple people. If you're not ready to be committed to a fast-paced and busy environment, please don't take the job. Or maybe Aldi should be using one stage of their ridiculously long recruitment process to teach proper customer service skills to their potential employees. Just a thought :)

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Return policy stinks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2018

Bought item when was on special went to use it and found not working took it back to Aldi they refused to accept return as policy is 60 days to return goods even if you have 3yrs warranty on item. So be aware when buying expensive items at ALDI. Even if you are a regular ALDI customer they don't look after you very disappointing Aldi will not be shopping there again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Balwyn

• 7 helpful votes

Quality for less

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

Since I started doing my weekly shop at Aldi I am saving so much money! They have a great variety and I love their staple items as well as the specials. Hardly ever need to go to the competition anymore.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Dreadful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

Every single thing electronic that I have ever bought at Aldi has had to go back because it stopped working in less than a day. Latest was the electronic dart board. Lasted one game. But over the years there have been other more expensive items. NEVER, EVER again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
Private message

good priced products, but service could be improved

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2018

We shop at aldi on a regular basis, most of the products are good and priced well, but staff service could be improved, on numerous occasions staff just fly around the store, with lift jacks, they expect you to move out the way quickly, they come across a little rude in the process, they really need to change the customer service experience, take out that aspect, and its a pleasant place to shop.

1 of 73 pages