What about ????

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2018

Ok it's a good book with way more positives than negatives. I smoked for 30 years and yes I am proud to say that since completing the book I haven't smoked for 18 days and yes I'm confident that I won't smoke a filthy stick again. However, I don't remember anything in the book about not being able to sleep during the night at around the two week to three week period of withdrawal.
Small price to pay, most will say I'm sure, and I would agree to some extent but some kinda heads up re; the possibility of this happening. It is a very challenging time.
Has anyone else stumbled with insomnia during their plight??

All i did was read your book, given to me by a friend.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2018

Thanks Allen, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you , thank you, thank you, i am recommending your book to every smoker i know. I haven't touched a cigarette or even really felt felt like one since i finished reading it.

Don’t do the program

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

Didn’t work for me. Just buy the book but not the program. It took 3 full days of this woman reading out of a book. Then some half assed hypnotheropy. There is definitely no money back guarantee. They refused to give me the guarantee even though I followed the program. On my last session the lady tried to start fights with me telling me I’m weak ect. Just buy the book as it has some value, don’t waste your money or time on the program.

• 1 question
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

It worked! I can’t believe it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

I cannot believe this worked. I was given the book by a friend and laughed at him. There’s no a way a book would help me to quit. I had tried many times and failed every time.
I was reading this book and getting annoyed. I still thought it wouldn’t work.

I finished the book, while having a smoke. I finished the smoke and haven’t lit another since then. It’s only been 2 weeks. But i was smoking 30 cigarettes a day. I still can’t beleive it.

Best decision ever made is to read it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2017

Allen Carr, may you live a long and healthy life. I was a heavy smoker for over 10 years and after reading his book I hit for 6 months. Having gone through a very stressful period I started smoking again, however felt disgusting. I then following the advice on the book, re-read (only half of) the book and gave up completely - 9 years!
The most wonderful thing is that one by one year by year all my family members quit.
I am so delighted and relieved we are free from smoking now.

It actually worked!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I am 26 years old , had been smoking a pack a day for 10 years. The day I finished the book was the last cigarette i had, it's been a year and a half now since, and the last thing I would ever want is another cigarette. I've recommended this book to 3 friends who all quit with ease due to this book, and my mother who had been smoking for 40 years and tried everything to quit and it worked for her too. I continue to recommend this book to everyone who asks for help. This book changed my life.

Worked for me

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

Have been 4 months cigarette free, this book made sense and made giving up a whole lot easier by making you think about smoking in a totally different way. Give it a try - what have you got to lose!!

The Miracle Book!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I'm 27 years old and have been smoking 10 a day since I was 15. I honestly thought I would be trapped by cigarettes for the rest of my life. I truly believed they were my safety net for when I'm stressed, socialising, partying or just plain bored.

I had a very good friend who swore by the book for over a year to me, but it wasn't until I listened to the audio book for 2 1/2 straight days (when I could) that I realised it's true power! I have had the odd craving at random times throughout the last 3 months, but it has been so easy to get past those moments.

The way that Allen Carr describes everything from the nicotine addiction to how to quit is nothing short of sorcery. The feeling of freedom from that horrible addiction has been liberating, not only for myself, but for people around me too. Having seen me quit, I now have several friends that have also followed suit. The book has changed me, my girlfriends and my friends lives.

Thank you Allen Carr!

Verified Purchase

No need for the book

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

I bought this book in an audio format after 3 days without smoking. I bought it with hopes that it would enlighten me with new information and instructions on how to stay a non-smoker for the rest of my life.

I did not start smoking until last year in college. Things were getting stressful and somebody offered me a cigarette to come down and relax. I was hooked in 2 days from 4 cigarettes. Having smoked for almost 30 years, on and off, I never really enjoyed it that much but did it because people around me were doing it through the 80's, and never perceived myself as an addicted smoker, until someone pointed it out to me that that's who I was. That's when it really hit me and that is the image I did not want to be associated with.

After listening to the book for 2 days, I realized that Allen Carr was telling me nothing that I already didn't know from my previous research. I also realized that it will be strictly my will power not this book's guidance that will keep me a non-smoker. So, if you are expecting some miraculous eureka enlightenment that will totally transform you and make you stop smoking, don't bother buying the book, because it will not do that. What I would suggest instead, is....sit down and write out all the reasons why you smoke and all the reasons why you would want to quit. Then underline the most important reasons why you smoke and most important reasons why you want to quit. Then visualize yourself one year later as if you kept smoking because of that important reason to smoke. Then visualize yourself one year later as if you would have stopped smoking a year ago because of that important reason to stop smoking. Now, compare those two visions and decide which one you would prefer seeing your self in. Having done so, I now realize that smoking or being a smoker is a vision I did not want to see myself in the future, whether it be one day from now or ever. My important reasons to keep smoking vs' stopping were so stupid and immature in comparison to the reasons to stop that I could even believe that those reasons would come from me. I realized that reasons for smoking up until now did not represent who I am or how I perceive myself in my mind and the only way for me to move forward and be able to live with myself in the future is to get rid of that image of me smoking or a smoker.

Good Luck in what ever method or approach you use, but do try and help save yourself for the future.

Amazing !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2016

having smoked 25 ciggies a day for 30 years, I knew I could never stop, thats is what Allen Carrs message unravelled for me, i was brainwashed into the fear of failure, fear of withdrawals, fear of life without them, i stopped smoking the second i finished the book, 7 days ago, my mindset is changed, when ive had a craving i know its not me wanting a smoke, i DONT want to smoke, its the nicotine monster trying to get fed, well im starving that critter, and right now as i write this he is desparately trying to get me to feed him, Thanks to Allen i will never feed him again .. Read it !!!!!!!!

Brisbane

• 13 helpful votes
Private message

Read this if you want to be a non-smoker. You have nothing to lose!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2016

I had spent 16 years as a smoker who had at least 20 to 30 cigarettes a day. Before I finished reading the book - I had only 2-3 pages left, I stopped smoking! I was so determined to quit smoking I thought I would read this first before trying Champix. I was not keen on taking Champix because of the high incidence of horrible side effects that happens when people take it.

After reading the book it only took me 4 days until I was free from having cravings. Now two years later I'm still not smoking and I don't ever want to. My fiance smokes and this does not entice me at all to put a cigarette in my mouth ever again.

I have read some reviews where people have said it hasn't worked for them but it has worked for some. I believe that with anything in life if you have no motivation to complete something, if you don't put your mind to achieving the goal and having the determination to succeed then obviously you are not going to succeed.

Reading this book will not get rid of your addiction unless you do the work on yourself. Quitting requires strength and this book gives a smoker the encouragement they need to completely succeed. I have known people who have quit and started again a month later or a year later. This won't happen to you if you read this book assuming you have the willpower to back it up.

I'm so happy I'm not a smoker anymore. I feel like I was never a smoker, ever, because I don't even have the slightest inclination to smoke during times I get stressed. When I smell the cigarette smoke from my partner I start to feel sick I need to leave the room that's how disgusted I feel about it now. This book has not worked for some people but it definitely worked for me and I am so glad it did.

Lismore

• 3 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

Infantile and very uninformative.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2016

I have read this book several times. It only addresses the myths we tell ourselves to justify our smoking. These can be all summed up in two pages of better books available and most of us know all of this anyway. As a long term smoker, there is nothing in it that I didn't already know and stress about daily. (We all hate smoking...No news there) Absolutely no help whatsoever in managing cravings or dealing with addictive driven behavior. In fact I found much of it non factual and/or out dated. The book relies totally on keeping up your own quit party which often doesn't last long for most quitters.
If its supposed to be hypnotic, it wasn't.
There are better books and even free online resources out there now about managing addiction and accepting cravings or "Urge surfing" that make much more sense than just exclaiming "Yippee, I'm a non smoker"...........This wears pretty thin after an hour or two in my case.
I don't believe the success rate judged merely on money back guarantees or the amount of books sold. Failed quitters don't tend to report back. In fact they rarely fess up to failing even to get a refund. Its far too humiliating.
After reading the authors testimonial page on his website, I discovered most of the success stories had quit for 1 day or less. Some, 1 hour.
I'm not sure how that constitutes success, but gee, I can quit for 8 hours at once while trapped in the office on stormy days or merely going to bed for the night.
Yippee! I must be a success!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 16 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2015

My dad first drew my attention to this book and I was so dubious that it took me 2 years before I actually sat down to read it. I regret that I wasted that 2 years. Not only did I stop straight away I have been happy ever since! I don't miss smoking, in fact I have a fear of ever starting up again. I am around smokers quite a bit and that doesn't bother me. I have no urge to smoke at all. I cannot communicate effectively enough to anyone who wants to quit smoking how easy it is. You won't believe me until you do. All you have to do is read the book with an open mind and desperately want to be free from smoking and you will fing it easy.

+ you don't quit smoking until you finish the last pages of the book so it is not stressful at all.

- nothing! This book has saved both my partners and my own life.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 25 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2015

If something sounds too good to be true then unfortunately it usually is. This book is based on very rudimentary level self hypnosis. You will notice that the first few chapters are devoted to convincing you that you will give up smoking almost like magic as soon as you finish the last page, no matter how long it takes you to do it. You will notice in the back of the book that the author owns and operates a very expensive chain of clinics for those his book doesnt work for, so obviously even he knows that the book will not work as well as he claims. I wouldnt be willing to give him one more cent.

- Complete waste of money. Alan Carr claims a very high almost perfect success rate for his "program" but it did not work for me or for any of the people that I passed this book on to.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 8 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2015

My husband heard about this book from a friend and I hunted it down in the local bookshop. After reading it and sending me silly listening to the CD in the car, he quit for a whole five days. He then re-read it a few months later and stopped smoking for a month before starting again. Pity that unlike the authors seminars this book doesn't come with a money back guarantee.

+ That my husband actually read it.

- That it didn't work.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 21 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2015

This is an amazing book. How to quit smoking, and feel great about it.
If you quit using the will power method you will be an ex smoker your entire life, always craving and wishing you could have just one more cigarette.

I tried and failed to quit smoking many times. I'd quit for a day, or a month, but I'd spend that time in torture, desperately wanting a smoke. Of course I'd eventually give in. With Allen Carr's method, I escaped the smoking trap easily, from a pack a day to nothing. I barely felt any withdraway symptoms and I felt so positive. I truly wanted to escape and I've never looked back.

If you could go back in time and not start smoking in the first place, would you? If the answer to this question is yes, then you have to buy this book!

+ That I'm a non smoker now, and I don't miss a thing about smoking!

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2015

I have tried a few methods, have quit for a couple of years even in the past. Each time was hard and I always wished I could have just one. I finished this book a couple of weeks ago, and have not even thought about it. Allen approach is different, and it works. The guy frankly is a genius. And being an ex-smoker himself, it is not patronizing, doesn't use scare tactics and has geniune empathy for people that smoke ciggerettes. I wish I had read it twenty years ago.

+ It did what it said, I escaped from the smoking trap so easily - I even went to a party that night, all my friends were smoking and I didn't think about lighting up. It's been a few weeks now and I will never go back to it, and I'm very happy about that.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 24 helpful votes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2015

I would be willing to give it another try and see how I go since Allen Carr has helped a lot of people. The book says that as soon as you finish it you will stop smoking, even if it takes you ten years to do it. I sat down by myself and read it all in one sitting. It made me want to quit and feel confident in making the decision to do it but I only lasted for a couple of days.

+ It was very informative about smoking and I felt that it made me understand my addiction a lot better.

- I followed what it said but I didn't succeed in giving up smoking.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2015

EASYWAY is not only the MOST effective method to stop smoking in existence, it should be the ONLY method promoted. Carr shatters the illusions that make us smoke in the first place. It's pure evil that drug companies promote NICOTINE patches and gum to cure addiction to nicotine. For those people who don't find success with the book, I sincerely pity them. The book is written is the most plain English you can find.

To succeed, you need:
1. EASYWAY book
2. An open mind (necessary to start to remove a lifetimes' brainwashing - Brainwashing is what keeps us addicted to nicotine)
3. A desire to stop smoking (seriously, what smoker has never made even a half-hearted attempt)

Sheer brilliance.

+ Everything! This book is sheer brilliance.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 61 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2015

I actually bought the DVD, I did start reading the book but I then heard of the DVD, I must admit it took me a year to finally watch it!!! The DVD is only 60 minutes long, I did watch it with an open mind, but honestly I didn't think it would work, infact I thought I would be caught in the smoking trap for the rest of my life. As soon as I finished watching the DVD, that was it, no smoking at all. I have been smoking a pack a day for 16 years now, and have never really attempted to give up before, I had tried hypnotherapy but that didn't work. This DVD has seriously saved my life. Give it a go, I do hope it works for you.

+ It works