Filter By:

Treated Like a Criminal NOT a Customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I have spent majority of this year riddled and debilitated with anxiety and depression off the back of a simple car accident and my insurance company Allianz who was meant to look after me failed to do so.

If you no me and know my story you would understand that life has been more then challenging and iv had to fight with every ounce of my being to not be a substance addict / in & out of jail or DEAD.

In the first quarter of this year I was involved in a minor car accident, the driver I ran up the back of was aggressively cut off in bumper 2 bumper traffic and I had no where to go.

My partner Lucy did my policy online for me and there was a question asking if I the driver had lost their licence in the last 3 year ect and she just assumed no..... I was asked these 4 questions when I called Allianz and was honest when they asked that question and I was taken on a ride and treated like a criminal.

My partner is a lawyer in CTP insurance and submitted an affidavit stating she takes full responsibility for the policy by making this assumption and after back and forth with Allianz they did not honour my claim and my world became hell off the back of big business’ greed even when we were happy to pay a bigger excess / higher premium and we spend over $4k a year with them for both of our cars CTP and full comp insurance.

In this stressful process I suffered for the worst mental health pushing suicidal thoughts with waking up being a challenge and gave me colitis. Colitis creates inflation in the gut and I would go to the bathroom 10-15 times a day, suffered from severe cramps and the worse the stress got the more pain created in my gut.

I put on over 18kg’s and went from a fit healthy man, into a broken shell of my shinning personality that thrives on life and could not even work in a job I loved.

My partner and I also were unable to go on the holiday we both work so hard for and mapped out as every bit of our saving was allocated to repairing my car as we live in a remote are.

I just don’t understand why a company that was meant to support me, absolutely ruined me and to the point that we had some car issues last week and have spent the whole weekend with anxiety and feeling horrible with the same feeling surface.

This world is full of greed and I’m sure that my case is not the only one, Allianz why do you treat a customer like a criminal..... it’s disgusting

Allianz would not reduce my premiums when I had been loyal to them for 8 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I had been with Allianz for 8 years and finally called them to ask if they would reduce my premiums, as I had no claims against my policy. They advised me that they couldn’t because the cost of living had gone up for everything and this included car insurance. When I bought a new car several weeks later, Allianz was not even considered. They lost a very loyal customer.

Cannot Fault Allianz Car Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Our car had only been insured with Allianz for 3 months when we sustained $12000 worth of damage. They processed the claim speedily and without hesitation, right from the initial phone call through to completion of the job. The Ford service manager said the assessor was excellent to deal with and he didn't query any of the work that Ford advised was needed to bring the car back to as new condition.
Could not be happier with Allianz Car Insurance and would highly recommend.

Kogarah

Private message

Wont let me cancel my OSHC

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

This is just pain ridiculous, wont even let me cancel my own insurance citing I am required to provided some documents. Bloody Grubs

Australia

• 6 comments
  • 9 helpful votes

Business Vehicles Insurance is a Joke

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

I had private car insurance with Allianz and I let them know I wanted to add cover for a business purpose involving the occasional visit to a customer in my privately owned vehicle. The phone rep conferred with other staff about this for probably more than 15 minutes only to ultimately tell me there was no way that Allianz could cover the vehicle for this. So I needed to switch insurers. Imagine my surprise upon starting to search online when I found a whole section of Allianz's website devoted to business insurance, including a subsection on business vehicle cover, including a statement saying "Our thing is small business insurance". Really?

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

not worth to make a claim.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

I got 3 cars under my name and its all in allianze but one of the car didnt get any notification regarding on my ctp green slip when my wife tried to register the car. Then i realized allianz canceled it without notifying me at all, they have all my details but nope nothing not an email or phone call. Thats so dodgy/lazy, way to make business.
I might reconsider going to this alllazy insurance. Look somwhere else.

Private message

Ripped of by Allinz car insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Cancelled my car insurance with allianz checked my bank statement
To find Alliance was takeing money
Out of my bank account without my
Authority what a rip of
Took allianz 2 months to get a refund
After numerous threats from me
To take things further with the insurance obusman
Watch out they are a big scam
Allinaz shame on you
Ripping the average worker

Toowoomba

Verified Customer

Allianz Car insurance Hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I phones Allianz Insurance to see what I was to do re sugar diabetics. Got a person on the phone to find out my car had not been insured with them. They said that the renewal policy had been sent and returned to sender. I then went to go and insure my car I was asked that if there was and hail damaged on the the car on to small dents they would only give me 3rd party property damaged. Also look at my contents insurance in the next forum about this useless company

Cairns

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Look Elsewhere

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

Have been insured with this company for the past 8 years and all seemed to go well but as usual its when you have to make a claim is when you find out how good or bad their processes are.
Long story short, we had 2 cars with Allianz last year but moved one of the cars to another insurance via the novated lease provider. 4 weeks ago our other car was taken out in a crash and when I contacted Allianz to make the claim I was told they did not have a policy on that car. Turns out they had cancelled the wrong policy. Ask for a review of the phone call I had made regarding the cancellation and eventually Allianz settled the matter to an acceptable standard. I found the process with Allianz in this matter to be long winded and can be frustrating if you don't get the right person/department in the first phone call. If you go with them then do double check everything.

Allianz admits to mistake

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

I took out full comprehensive car insurance with Allianz in back in March 2005.
And I’ve been insured with them up until 2013, until they stopped sending me my renewal to my address in which I have lived for 19 years for no apparent reason.
I had no idea they sent my renewal policy to a different address ( which I later found out )
I never authorized Allianz to change anything whatsoever in my policy especially my address.
And they admit to the problem or the glitch.
In actual fact because of their blunder my car has Not been insured since they sent it to the incorrect address, and then it lapsed that month. It is October 2018 and I called Allianz in regards to a general question when they told me my rego and name did not exist realizing I was still insured with still them.
I ended the call scratching my head and feeling confused.
I even called four other insurance company’s to see if I had a policy
With them for my car. No luck!
I then checked my statements for car insurances dating back to 1995.
And what you know, I found all the paid Allianz statements renewals up until 2013.
I quickly called them back the following day in their Brisbane offices and explained to them the situation.
They said take photos of the paid renewel statements and email them to Allianz Brisbane offices in which I did.
They said [name removed] and his team will have it all worked out within two business days and call me back.
Well surprise surprise no one called me back. I ended up calling back
And told another person who took over.
He called me back and said it was Allianz mistake because of a glitch or mistake ? And that was it !
No sorry !
My wife and I pay bills day in day out, how were we to know.
We just assumed the insurance was covered since since that year.
We were driving without car insurance for 5 1/2 years because of a blunder from Allianz and their team.
And no accident in that time !
Anyway it is embarrassing for Allianz and I will never insure with them ever.
I thought they were going to give me a year of free insurance for the trouble and blunder they admitted to but no they would do it.
So everybody out there think twice before insure with them.
They didn’t look after me.

Insurance claim made

Dodgy services assessment is inaccurate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I had my car damaged and the ensurer paid for the repair in the first place. However, few months latter I got my car serviced and the mechanic told me that there was a problem relating to the accident. I went back to the insurer and asked to access it. The assessor suggested it was not related to the accident, even though it was as i have never been in any accident since the first one. Furthermore, the body was in perfect condition and there was no scratch on the car but should have been had i got it damaged as the problem was the tie rod end... The company sent me a photo of a slightly scratched wheel, which was there since that last accident. Even if one can assume it was caused by a new accident, it is hard to believe Honda makes its cars so "gentle" that a little scratch can cause a major damage. I suspect that their assessors have not studied physics at school. The assessor lied to me and I am looking for another ensurer. Also, seeking legal advice as i have a good case. Perhaps, going to the watchdog is idea too.

Treated like a criminal

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

Recently my son had an accident in our car. We were put through the 3rd degree and treated like criminals. Required to do police checks, credit checks, employment checks etc and treated like we purposely had the accident. When you face to prospect of having your insurance refused - it's a scary thing especially when you have had a clean record with them for 10 years. I don't like being treated like this so I've up and taken "ALL" my insurances else where. After talking to many people about Allianz - all agree that they love to take your money, but hate to pay it out.

Insurance claim made

Repaired my hail damaged car to factory standard

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Easy process, with some waiting for repair, but could drive my car in the meantime so no harm done.
I currently have 3 policies with them and am happy.

Insurance claim made

Steer clear unless you want to wait months!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Chose Allianz as believed it to be one of the better insurance companies for cars. Was with them over a year and unfortunately was involved in an accident. Was around the corner from home so drove 1min home and called Allianz. First person tried to convince me to drive the car 30min away despite me telling them airbags had gone off. 2nd person told me I'd have to wait a month to assess despite my protests and finally 3rd person made sure a tow truck came the next morning for my car. Despite spelling out rego of other car involved using A for Alpha ect they still got it wrong. Fast forward and it went thru their assessor and I was advised market value of car and that it should be a few days until finalized. Called a few days later was told 100% within days. A week later was as advised it's been investigated. Fast forward 2 months and investigator keeps telling me a week or so everytime I call but it seems he is unsure what to say as it's not his delay. Call Allianz direct and they are clueless don't even have investigators details. Stuck in limbo while needing a car asap son broke his leg can't even do school runs. Meanwhile Allianz continue to take out their monthly direct debit. Should also note that upon getting the other cars rego wrong it seems that even me telling them it was a 4wd fell on deaf ears no wonder there was an investigation because they had the other car down as a small Corolla not s huge 4wd!!!
Thanks Allianz but budget insurance is cheaper has better customer service and never takes this long!!! Do yourself a favour and avoid at all costs!!!

Sydney

• 5 helpful votes

Shocking service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Unable to renew policy online due to server error - policy and billing code numbers not recognised as 'numberic symbols'! Well I'm flummoxed.
When I phoned the number shown for on-line payment problems I was rudely told I called the wrong number - very odd - and that I had to call back tomorrow on the CTP number (not advertised online). I was made to feel very stupid for calling the wrong number (even though it was shown on the screen). I suggested he could advise IT that there were computer errors and I was abruptly told not his problem. Incredibly rude service. The operator even hung up abruptly on me without saying goodbye and so I couldn't complete a phone service survey.

If it's this hard to renew my insurance policy imagine the service in making a claim. Time to change companies....

Insurance claim made

No stars is more suited. Steer clear.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I took insurance out through the NAB but was not advised that insurer is actually Allianz.
I was involved in a scam in a car park my excess two thirds of the claim Allianz settled it regardless of the facts and refused to investigate or appoint a investigator. I am now pursuing via Ombudsmen DO NOT INSURE WITH THEM.

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Claim finalised without delay

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I was involved in a side collision last month & Allianz had my car assessed within a few days, as being irreparable. The assessor phoned & explained the nature of the damage to the car in depth, asked if I was OK & also explained the process for retrieving the personalised number plates. Despite the other driver's reluctance to make a statement, Allianz paid the full agreed value of my car within 7 days, whilst still investigating. Allianz accepted my claim that I was not at fault & did not charge an excess. I have re-insured with them.

Ryde

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

They fixed my car

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

Had my new car 3 weeks before I broke it and the car in front of me. Insured with Allianz. All interactions done by phone and email. No fuss
My car is fixed as new. Don't know how my no claim bonus will go but Allianz rep says it will remain in tact so long as I don't have a claim in the next 12 months. Sounds fine to me.

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

What a JOKE of a business

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2018

Seriously I will be having a beer the day this disgrace of a company is no more, hot and cold customer service majority atrocious and a guaranteed wait of an hour plus on the phone along with any excuse to not payout total costs. I would really like to see what the top end of the organisation spends the thefted money on and I am sure I could get a job easily with prerequisites like hanging up, poor attitude, little to no knowledge of anything and of course the complexity’s of the transfer button. If there is any court cases involving ALLIANZ I will be present with a big smile and laugh after there verdict potentially causes them to close its doors which in it self would be the best service they have ever given.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

25% premium increase in one year - no reason

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

I have been with them for a few years. This year I received my renewal. 25% increase in premium from the previous, even though the car is now worth less. No claims ever. Rating 1. No explanation why such a outrageous increase in premium.

Changed to AAMI. Same coverage, nearly $300 cheaper. Make sure you get quotes online from several insurances first, and check your renewal when it arrives. They most likely bet on people being too busy to check the renewal and continue with them.

Bye-bye Allianz.

1 of 21 pages

I’m looking at buying a repairable write off. Can I get comprehensive insurance for it?

Alison K asked on Oct 17, 2018

Answer this

As far as I know insurance companies only asked if the car is roadworthy, registered and safe to drive

I have a car claim being assessed by Alliance next week, if I think the assesses figure offer is too small, am I entitled to a second assessment before making a decision?

william mc namara asked on Oct 07, 2018

Answer this

The figure they offer would be based on a number of things the amt insured etc You can get an independant assessor but you appoint them and will hve to pay however if they are doing to you what they did to me then its worth forking out the cost for independent assessor when you could potentially lose 1000s. You can claim that back. If you are disputing the repair costs you can obtain as many quotes as u like but ultimately Alianz will hve a figure regardless of fact. If its a settlement and u dispute valuation amount the ombudsman is always a good option. Most insurers nowdays are thieves and sorry to say it but this one of the Worst. Hopefully reputation will eventually be their downfall. Good luck

Hi there, can I get the information of price taxi camry hybrid 2016 full insurance /comprehensive? Thanks

Anbesa asked on Sep 27, 2018

Answer this

Yes stay clear of Allianz they will take your money and make it very very difficult to make a claim and there payout price will be so low you will have to buy an older car and be in a worse position be warned they are crooks the worst insurance company in Australia. I was in an accident due to other driver going through a stop sign tboned the car I was driving causing injurys broken vertibre ribs, and torn tendon in shoulder and now I have on going problems with back and shoulder I can't work as a result. So they only pay 80% of what I was earning at time of accident sometimes the doctors make mistakes on forms they fill in for me and then the awesome Allianz company look for anything they can to just stop paying you. And instead of getting in contact to let you know there has been a mistake they just stop paying. 8 weeks now I've been not payed until I can get a form fixed up from 3 months ago. I will look forward to my day in court

See all 23 questions about Allianz Car Insurance