Filter By:

Never use this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

Not worth it, go to rac!! This company’s a bunch of theifs, and if you live remote they won’t even fix your car, just pay you what’s been quoted!!also my renewal jumped from 90 a month to 240 without notice,refused to refund. My new rac is 70 a month

Insurance claim made

Roadside assistance damage cars then deny

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Organise Alliance Roadside assistance to tow my car to my mechanic. Tow truck driver smashed driver side door into my fence then dropped at mechanics no mentioned of damaged caused then drove away. Now deny the whole thing Alliance deny the photographic evidence is not enough to prove so I'm stuck with the repair bill. Year of loyal full comprehensive insurance and this is how they treat their customers.

Bondi

Private message

Customer service and retention not a priority

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Been with Allianz for years. No interest in looking after a customer by working with them to find a resolution.

Sydney

Insurance claim made

Disorganised, inefficient, a nightmare to deal with.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

I was in a car accident in which my car was rear-ended. The person who rear-ended my car was covered with Allianz, and so I have been going through Allianz for the claim. It has been an absolute nightmare. It's now been 7 weeks since the accident and I haven't received compensation.

To start with, after the accident I was told a tow truck would be organised to remove my car from the site of the accident to a repairer. I waited all day as I was told I had to be with my car for it to be picked up. By the afternoon I called Allianz to check. After waiting on hold I was told the tow truck had never been ordered by mistake.

Shortly after, I received a call from an external assessor. I was surprised as I had not been told anyone was going to assess my car, but simply that it was being taken to a smash repairs. The assessor told me my car was written off and deregistered and told me a ridiculous figure for the pre-accident value of my car. He then told me I had to pay for my car to be towed from the smash repairs immediately.

I called Allianz and told them I was unhappy with the assessors figure. They sent me an email with instructions on how to dispute it, great. I followed their instructions and sent the email. I kept calling every few days to see if there was an update and every time was told nothing yet. After a couple of weeks one lady from Allianz told me they didn't have my email or the email originally sent to me in their records. I was shocked as I had been calling about this email over the past couple of weeks. I asked how the email could have disappeared and she simply didn't know. She promised me she would personally keep a close eye on my case to ensure it didn't happen again. Surprise surprise, haven't heard anything from her since despite emailing her.

So, I sent another email, and this time I also sent my examples directly to the assessor. When I called to follow up on it, surprise! Allianz didn't receive that email either. Of course I was frustrated and tried to figure out why, but the email addresses were all correct and the assessor had received the email, just not Allianz. A lady from Allianz then told me that their system just isn't very good and lost emails happen to a lot of people, not just me. Can you imagine a huge company having a terrible email system, so bad their employees know how bad it is and aren't surprised that multiple emails go missing?

In the end after calling Allianz multiple times I finally got a result - exactly the same completely unreasonable figure. The lady on the phone told me if I chose to dispute it again, it would go to Allianz internal assessors. Great! I followed all their instructions and sent examples of private seller ads of cars very similar to mine at much much higher prices than their figures. I waited over a week and called twice and in the end, they offered me even less. I asked how they came to that figure given that my examples were completely different to what they offered and they couldn't explain it.

Not sure where to go from here but I'll definitely be seeking outside help in resolving this. This has been a complete nightmare, waiting on hold for cumulative hours, dealing with mysteriously "lost" emails, abysmal communication, intimidating people and inexplicable decisions by Allianz. Still have no car and no money to show for it after nearly 2 months. I haven't even mentioned the debacle of the hire car organised through Allianz, which they told me they would extend... twice. And didn't extent... twice. I'll be avoiding Allianz at all costs in the future. I've talked to people who have had infinitely better experiences with GIO.

Sydney, NSW

Outstanding service level

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

I have had my car insurance with Allianz car insurance for almost 3 years. Recently I had an accident (Not at fault) and one phone call to Allianz took care of everything I needed to have my car repaired. They also arranged a loan car for me through a third party (Compasscorp). I had no stress or unnecessary questions asked by the insurance company and I was impressed by their service level. However, Allianz referred me to 'Alto body shop' in Artarmon and I wasn't happy with their repair quality, specially, non helping attitude of the 'technical people' at alto body shop; while the lady in reception (Libby) went out of her way to resolve my issue. When I complained to allianz about service level and unsatisfactory repair by 'alto body shop', Allianz took immediate action and resolved my issues the next day.
Many of us look for cheaper insurance premiums for understandable reasons. While Allianz Car insurance's premium may be a little more than some other insurance companies, I realised, in time of need how helpful it could be to be with an insurance company like Allianz.

• 6 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

WARNING!! Allianz recommended repairers are duds

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2018

WARNING!!! Allianz car insurance warning!!!!
Be warned before claiming with Allianz
Demand your choice of repairer and don’t fall for their lies.
Allianz claims staff are trained to steer your vehicle’s repairs into one of their contracted repair facilities.
These repair facilities are bursting at the seams and this is why cars are taking so long to be repaired. Due to the deals Allianz has with these repairers, a high percentage of vehicles are being repaired using inferior quality paint, parts and workmanship.
Some insurance companies have deals where they supply certain repair facilities with x amount of jobs at a fixed price of $1800 regardless of the damage up to $7000. You had want to hope your car isn’t the one needing $7000 worth of repairs done for $1800.
Dont get caught.
Dont let them devalue your car
Always have choice of repairer and avoid their recommended repairers.

Absolutely horrible service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

So I recently had an incident where my vehicle was damaged and had to go in for repairs. I made the claim and took it in over 5 weeks ago and had almost no contact from Allianz about when it would be finished and why it was taking so long. Was originally told by the repairer when I took the vehicle in that it would be maximum 2 weeks. I've had to spend most of my savings just getting back and forth to work and other commitments as I had only planned for my vehicle to be out of action for 2 weeks. I contacted Allianz about this to see if they could help me out in some way as I felt I deserved some.sort of compensation for the ridiculous amount of time this repair has take but they flattly refuse to reduce the amount of the excess or offer me a way of paying it off. Will be changing insurers as soon as I can.

• 11 helpful votes

dreadful customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Someone backed into me around 8 weeks ago - their car insurance was Allianz. At the time our car was also insured through Allianz, so was hoping we would get better customer service! It took us 2 weeks to get to see Allianz's repairer, who then took another 2 weeks to let us know the car was a write off. Then it took another 10 days to get our payment (which was pretty ordinary as well), and we are still waiting on the letter so we can take that to Vicroads to get our rego back. My husband has wasted a couple of hours on the phone trying to get things sorted out. This is the worst experience I have ever had with any insurance company - and these guys aren't even cheap. A few years back our car was insured with Aami, someone hit my car and Aami were so much better. Definitely don't recommend Allianz for car insurance.

Private message

accessing my credit card when not permitted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

I paid for my daughter's first month of insurance on her car, and told them that it was a one off payment, it was verbalised back to me that it was understood as a one off payment. I now have found that Allianz unlawfully made direct debits from my account . On speaking to them about this they have refused to acknowledge the fact that they were not given permission to do this and directed me to 'fix it' with my bank. Their attitude (let alone the act of accessing my credit card when not permitted ) have given me great concern and I will be advising my daughter to take her car insurance elsewhere

Insurance claim made

Absolutely rubbish and waste of time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

I've always been with NRMA but this year for my new vehicle the premiums were too high and went with the cheaper option Allianz (worst decision ever). I'm three months into my insurance and on the 3rd of December 2018, I got rear ended by another vehicle. On the same day I submitted a claim and provided third party details for the excess to be waived. Then on that Monday, I got an email saying to visit my repairer for a quote. Then they told me that i have to take my car and come back AGAIN to the same repairer on Thursday because someone from Allianz has to come and assess the car. Then on that Thursday, they told me to take back the car AGAIN and come back on Monday to drop it in for repairers. Really? Is it necessary for me to drop off my car 3 times at the same place? I work full time and is very difficult for me to take time off work. When I used to make claims with NRMA, I would drop my car off the next day and they will call me once it's ready to pick up. They even confirmed that no excess will be applicable as I've provided third party details. Why couldn't Allianz organise a time with the repairer to quote/assess the car at the same time instead of making me drive the damaged car 3 times!! Definitely moving insurers once this claim is finalised. Absolutely waste of time.

Treated Like a Criminal NOT a Customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I have spent majority of this year riddled and debilitated with anxiety and depression off the back of a simple car accident and my insurance company Allianz who was meant to look after me failed to do so.

If you no me and know my story you would understand that life has been more then challenging and iv had to fight with every ounce of my being to not be a substance addict / in & out of jail or DEAD.

In the first quarter of this year I was involved in a minor car accident, the driver I ran up the back of was aggressively cut off in bumper 2 bumper traffic and I had no where to go.

My partner Lucy did my policy online for me and there was a question asking if I the driver had lost their licence in the last 3 year ect and she just assumed no..... I was asked these 4 questions when I called Allianz and was honest when they asked that question and I was taken on a ride and treated like a criminal.

My partner is a lawyer in CTP insurance and submitted an affidavit stating she takes full responsibility for the policy by making this assumption and after back and forth with Allianz they did not honour my claim and my world became hell off the back of big business’ greed even when we were happy to pay a bigger excess / higher premium and we spend over $4k a year with them for both of our cars CTP and full comp insurance.

In this stressful process I suffered for the worst mental health pushing suicidal thoughts with waking up being a challenge and gave me colitis. Colitis creates inflation in the gut and I would go to the bathroom 10-15 times a day, suffered from severe cramps and the worse the stress got the more pain created in my gut.

I put on over 18kg’s and went from a fit healthy man, into a broken shell of my shinning personality that thrives on life and could not even work in a job I loved.

My partner and I also were unable to go on the holiday we both work so hard for and mapped out as every bit of our saving was allocated to repairing my car as we live in a remote are.

I just don’t understand why a company that was meant to support me, absolutely ruined me and to the point that we had some car issues last week and have spent the whole weekend with anxiety and feeling horrible with the same feeling surface.

This world is full of greed and I’m sure that my case is not the only one, Allianz why do you treat a customer like a criminal..... it’s disgusting

Allianz would not reduce my premiums when I had been loyal to them for 8 years

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I had been with Allianz for 8 years and finally called them to ask if they would reduce my premiums, as I had no claims against my policy. They advised me that they couldn’t because the cost of living had gone up for everything and this included car insurance. When I bought a new car several weeks later, Allianz was not even considered. They lost a very loyal customer.

Cannot Fault Allianz Car Insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Our car had only been insured with Allianz for 3 months when we sustained $12000 worth of damage. They processed the claim speedily and without hesitation, right from the initial phone call through to completion of the job. The Ford service manager said the assessor was excellent to deal with and he didn't query any of the work that Ford advised was needed to bring the car back to as new condition.
Could not be happier with Allianz Car Insurance and would highly recommend.

Kogarah

Private message

Wont let me cancel my OSHC

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

This is just pain ridiculous, wont even let me cancel my own insurance citing I am required to provided some documents. Bloody Grubs

Australia

• 6 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Business Vehicles Insurance is a Joke

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

I had private car insurance with Allianz and I let them know I wanted to add cover for a business purpose involving the occasional visit to a customer in my privately owned vehicle. The phone rep conferred with other staff about this for probably more than 15 minutes only to ultimately tell me there was no way that Allianz could cover the vehicle for this. So I needed to switch insurers. Imagine my surprise upon starting to search online when I found a whole section of Allianz's website devoted to business insurance, including a subsection on business vehicle cover, including a statement saying "Our thing is small business insurance". Really?

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

not worth to make a claim.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

I got 3 cars under my name and its all in allianze but one of the car didnt get any notification regarding on my ctp green slip when my wife tried to register the car. Then i realized allianz canceled it without notifying me at all, they have all my details but nope nothing not an email or phone call. Thats so dodgy/lazy, way to make business.
I might reconsider going to this alllazy insurance. Look somwhere else.

Melbourne

Private message

Ripped of by Allinz car insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

Cancelled my car insurance with allianz checked my bank statement
To find Alliance was takeing money
Out of my bank account without my
Authority what a rip of
Took allianz 2 months to get a refund
After numerous threats from me
To take things further with the insurance obusman
Watch out they are a big scam
Allinaz shame on you
Ripping the average worker

Toowoomba

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Allianz Car insurance Hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I phones Allianz Insurance to see what I was to do re sugar diabetics. Got a person on the phone to find out my car had not been insured with them. They said that the renewal policy had been sent and returned to sender. I then went to go and insure my car I was asked that if there was and hail damaged on the the car on to small dents they would only give me 3rd party property damaged. Also look at my contents insurance in the next forum about this useless company

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Cairns

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Look Elsewhere

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2018

Have been insured with this company for the past 8 years and all seemed to go well but as usual its when you have to make a claim is when you find out how good or bad their processes are.
Long story short, we had 2 cars with Allianz last year but moved one of the cars to another insurance via the novated lease provider. 4 weeks ago our other car was taken out in a crash and when I contacted Allianz to make the claim I was told they did not have a policy on that car. Turns out they had cancelled the wrong policy. Ask for a review of the phone call I had made regarding the cancellation and eventually Allianz settled the matter to an acceptable standard. I found the process with Allianz in this matter to be long winded and can be frustrating if you don't get the right person/department in the first phone call. If you go with them then do double check everything.

Allianz admits to mistake

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

I took out full comprehensive car insurance with Allianz in back in March 2005.
And I’ve been insured with them up until 2013, until they stopped sending me my renewal to my address in which I have lived for 19 years for no apparent reason.
I had no idea they sent my renewal policy to a different address ( which I later found out )
I never authorized Allianz to change anything whatsoever in my policy especially my address.
And they admit to the problem or the glitch.
In actual fact because of their blunder my car has Not been insured since they sent it to the incorrect address, and then it lapsed that month. It is October 2018 and I called Allianz in regards to a general question when they told me my rego and name did not exist realizing I was still insured with still them.
I ended the call scratching my head and feeling confused.
I even called four other insurance company’s to see if I had a policy
With them for my car. No luck!
I then checked my statements for car insurances dating back to 1995.
And what you know, I found all the paid Allianz statements renewals up until 2013.
I quickly called them back the following day in their Brisbane offices and explained to them the situation.
They said take photos of the paid renewel statements and email them to Allianz Brisbane offices in which I did.
They said [name removed] and his team will have it all worked out within two business days and call me back.
Well surprise surprise no one called me back. I ended up calling back
And told another person who took over.
He called me back and said it was Allianz mistake because of a glitch or mistake ? And that was it !
No sorry !
My wife and I pay bills day in day out, how were we to know.
We just assumed the insurance was covered since since that year.
We were driving without car insurance for 5 1/2 years because of a blunder from Allianz and their team.
And no accident in that time !
Anyway it is embarrassing for Allianz and I will never insure with them ever.
I thought they were going to give me a year of free insurance for the trouble and blunder they admitted to but no they would do it.
So everybody out there think twice before insure with them.
They didn’t look after me.

1 of 21 pages

I’m looking at buying a repairable write off. Can I get comprehensive insurance for it?

Alison K asked on Oct 17, 2018

Answer this

As far as I know insurance companies only asked if the car is roadworthy, registered and safe to drive

Yes you can, as long as its repaired properly and has no damage its fine, if its still damaged you will need to mention whats damaged

I have a car claim being assessed by Alliance next week, if I think the assesses figure offer is too small, am I entitled to a second assessment before making a decision?

william mc namara asked on Oct 07, 2018

Answer this

The figure they offer would be based on a number of things the amt insured etc You can get an independant assessor but you appoint them and will hve to pay however if they are doing to you what they did to me then its worth forking out the cost for independent assessor when you could potentially lose 1000s. You can claim that back. If you are disputing the repair costs you can obtain as many quotes as u like but ultimately Alianz will hve a figure regardless of fact. If its a settlement and u dispute valuation amount the ombudsman is always a good option. Most insurers nowdays are thieves and sorry to say it but this one of the Worst. Hopefully reputation will eventually be their downfall. Good luck

Yes of course, go to 2 different panel shops to get quotes, if the two are in the ball park figure then the estimated quote you have is correct

Hi there, can I get the information of price taxi camry hybrid 2016 full insurance /comprehensive? Thanks

Anbesa asked on Sep 27, 2018

Answer this

Yes stay clear of Allianz they will take your money and make it very very difficult to make a claim and there payout price will be so low you will have to buy an older car and be in a worse position be warned they are crooks the worst insurance company in Australia. I was in an accident due to other driver going through a stop sign tboned the car I was driving causing injurys broken vertibre ribs, and torn tendon in shoulder and now I have on going problems with back and shoulder I can't work as a result. So they only pay 80% of what I was earning at time of accident sometimes the doctors make mistakes on forms they fill in for me and then the awesome Allianz company look for anything they can to just stop paying you. And instead of getting in contact to let you know there has been a mistake they just stop paying. 8 weeks now I've been not payed until I can get a form fixed up from 3 months ago. I will look forward to my day in court

See all 22 questions about Allianz Car Insurance