Great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Have been with AGA for four years and still counting. In general, their service is very "neat and clean". Kiyomi Ellison at UQ is great - very (very) helpful. Thank!

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Riaz, glad to hear Kiyomo is providing great service! Regards, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

These people are so weird!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I have had this insurance for more than a year.. ai lodges a claim in 2016 and its 2018 that my file has not been processed yet! The consultants on the phone keep saying random stuff and they would just cut the call! Never ever go with this insurance company! Total money waste!! I’m still waiting for my refund! These people would just want your money!!

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, I'll get in touch with more details. Regards, Anthony.

• 3 comments
Private message

Policy: Overseas Visitors Health Cover

VERY BAD stay away from it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

I got the insurance for my overseas partner, which frequently travels back to her home country. The policy states that the contract can be temporarily suspended while being out of Australia. Previously I was able to arrange this via a simple phone call. Now, apparently, it is against their privacy rules for me to request a temporary suspension. Even so I am the one who signed and payed and am able to give them all the policy details - I am not allowed to request any changes! In other words, if my partner decides to never talk to me again, I would have to pay for the policy till the end of my life?!? Worst, my request to talk to a supervisor was not followed, instead I was put on hold only to talk to the same consultant again. Since I was able to make these changes in the past it appears to me that Allianz is either not following their own "privacy" policy or that consultants are allowed to make up their own rules as they go along.
Either way NOT HAPPY

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, I'll contact you with more details. My understanding is that we do not allow for suspension of policies, so I’m unsure where you sourced this information from? If a member is going overseas the... read more »

Sorry, that is not what it says on the policy document. And in May I was able to do exactly what I stated above. Again, considering the conditions above - where would your 'privacy act laws' leave ... read more »

Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, I understand you've been contacted directly by our team, so please refer to those details. Regards, Anthony.

Very Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Around 2 years, when I was studying English until starting my phd. I found it the easiest and high quality services provided to the international students ever.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Esra'a, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

I have been using this company for 7 months. It is quite useful although I got some technical trouble of making online claims via the app. But, Angelica, the staff in charge at Victoria University really helped me to tackle these matters. She is really a helpful person. She guided me to fill the form for making non-online claim. That was great!

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Asep - happy to hear Angelic has been helping you out! Regards, Anthony.

Claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

through out my student visa insurance Angelica was very helpful and kind, she did a good job in all queries.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Sam, thanks for letting us know! Cheers, Anthony.

Policy claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

1.5 years I am on my student Visa and Angelica Boyd was very helpful. I will recommend others to visit also

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Faisal, thanks for recommending Angelica, glad to hear she's been very helpful. Regards, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

I have sent all the receipts and they still asking for more!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

I been in this insurance for almost 4 years now. I have sent all the official receipts and they keep sending back my email to ask for more.
Very disappointed and slow service. I am not happy at all.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, I'll be in contact with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Visitors Health Cover Insurance claim made

EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM MISS ANGELICA BOYD, OUR CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AT VICTORIA UNIVERSITY

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Hi, I just want to submit a review in regards to the excellent service and assistance to Miss Angelica Boyd. She was really kind and very approachable in helping me with all my queries and application. Thank you Angelica for the great help.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Thanks for the comment! Regards, Anthony.

Too good Ms Suzanne wick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2018

I highly appreciate the kind support of Ms Suzanne Wick since the beginning days of my student life...she is really understanding and caring..I would highly recommend her performance in dealing clients

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Shayema, glad to hear Suzanne has been very helpful - thanks for recommending her! Regards, Anthony.

This is great.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

I came in Australia since last few months. So at that time I just applied for health insurance.Now I am happy with its services.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Payal, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Visitors Health Cover Insurance claim made

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Stay away. Complete rip off. They don't process your claims and then charge you 112$ for a phone call when you need assistance. Am leaving them for another insurance provider. Say goodbye to your client base Allianz.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Erika, thanks for your review but I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with your claim experience. I will send you a private message with details in case you would like me to investigate your case. Kind regards, Tegan

Newcastle

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Policy: Overseas Visitors Health Cover Insurance claim made

Attention; Overseas visitors

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

Please do not choose this company as they are not of any use. They will take your money but won't assist you with any health issues. They will try their best not to give you the claim by linking every single thing to pre existing condition. I am a medical professional working in the field for the last 15 years and they think I have no idea of medical conditions. I took the top cover but when it comes to claim they make sure they do not to cover even a gp visit. So think twice before choosing Allianz. I opted Allianz for my mom In law and now have learnt the Lesson. We have been with another Insurance provider for last 3 years and is still with them. They are excellent. We have decided to change mom inlaws to them too.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, as discussed I've passed on your feedback to our team. I'm sorry that you weren't happy with your experience with us. Regards, Anthony.

It is quite important

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2018

I have been with OSHC over two years and it is really important for we international students, which give us health insurance.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Sharon, glad to hear you've been happy with our OSHC. Regards, Anthony.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I was with the OSHC 5 years ago when I studied master at UQ. Now I am continuing my PhD and still be with the same insurance provider. On Thursday, I came to ask about how to make a claim. The staff Kiyomi Ellison gave me very detail information and helped to solve my issues. I am not at the UQ St Lucia campus, so she also told me that I can come to see other representatives closed at my place. That's very helpful. Thank you very much.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Thi, glad to hear Kiyomi has been helpful - thanks you for being a long term customer. Regards, Anthony.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

I would like to thank Angelica Boyd to help me with a claim, she was very comprehensive and gave me an excellent service.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, glad to hear Angelica has been providing great service! Regards, Anthony.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Two years. The service provided by ANU representative was so patient and considerable. She also gave us detailed instruction via email after the service.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Thanks for the feedback! Cheers, Anthony.

Warm welcoming staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I came to get overseas student cover card but obtained far much assistance than anticipated. The staff were quite friendly and easy work with.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

I loved it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

I loved it so much It is much easier to excess . Siew ling helped me alot thank you at curtin University

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Jeny, happy to hear Siew has been helping you out. Regards, Anthony.

service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

siew Ling very helpful And my problem have been solved I want to say thank you siew Ling thank you very much

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Jin, thanks for the feedback! Regards, Anthony.

1 of 53 pages

Overseas Student Health Cover

Hello, Allianz team. I am supposed to pay for my fees in my university. But they have arranged a single oshc for me instead of a dual family oshc. I contacted your help desk and relayed to them my concern. I wanted to change the single to dual family before paying my fee, however, they told me to contact my university and so I did.My agent contacted the uni and told me to wait for reply.I have been waiting for more than a week now and I am worried that I may not be able to lodge in Aus in time. How many days more will i wait for my concern to be solved? It is Oct 5 as of now and my orientation day is on Oct 29. I hope I can arrive in Aus on time.

Ella asked on Oct 05, 2018

Overseas Visitors Health Cover

hi i did the visitor plus insurance for my mother from may- june 2018..for aug-sept i was supposed to do the same visitora visa but i mistakenly chose the basic one.can i change it now to visiotors plus? chose the

Prekshya asked on Aug 30, 2018

Answer this

Hi, thanks for your question - it's best to contact us directly here (OVHC tab) - https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/contact-us/ Cheers, Anthony

Overseas Visitors Health Cover

Is it possible, to buy the insurance and keep paying the premiums till the waiting period is over. Once the waiting period is over, then plan for the travel to Australia on Non Working Visitor's visa ?

Ghost_1369 asked on Aug 06, 2018

Answer this

Hi, your OVHC Policy is only valid whilst you hold a current eligible visa and have paid the full premium required.

However, your waiting period is calculated as 12 months (or, for psychiatric, rehabilitative or palliative care, 2 months) commencing from:
• The date you arrived into Australia
• The date your eligible visa was granted, or
• The date your policy commenced

Whichever is the later date. Therefore paying for a policy whilst you are not in Australia purely to serve the waiting period will not be any benefit to you.

Cheers
Anthony

See all 26 questions about Allianz Global Assistance

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.