Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

To understand the process that my claim will go through

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

I’m not really sure how long i took with her but I’m sure that I get what i want to know so Angelica Boyd did a really wonderful explaining to understand every single thing that i want to understand

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, glad to hear Angelica has been doing great work. Cheers, Anthony.

Memorable 1st visit!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

My first visit to the Allianz boot at JCU Townsville campus was quite memorable. Suzzane Wicks was very helpful in answering my questions related to my OSHC and family coverage options. I am very much satisfied with the excellent work the team here is doing!

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Stanley, thanks for leting us know! Cheers, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

Perfect and i appreciate the sercice of Angilica byod

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

I have been this policy since 2 years . It is perfect.i met with Angelica beyod .she has excellent skills to handle all things .

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Balwinder, thanks or the great feedback! Cheers, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Visitors Health Cover

No integrity

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

I had this policy only for 3 days and they refused to refund my premium based on their hidden clauses which is totally unclear.
Do not waste your money in this company.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hello Sam, I'll message you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

best service so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

I have been with the insurance company for the duration of my studies it has been 12 months now and we have another 7 months or so covered under this company.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Thanks for the feedback! Regards, Anthony.

Verified Customer Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

Great Service!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

I have been with Allianz for more 4.5 years and every time I requested for a claim under their policies, they were quick to pay the claims. I had two of my baby boys under their scheme and they liaised with the hospital to sort out the bills. The only aspect that needs little bit of work is expanding their reach when it comes to visiting the GP, some clinics do not accept the cards which makes it difficult sometimes when you are a student and you need to pay it out of your pocket outright. In all, great customer service. I highly recommend it.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

Parramatta

• 5 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer Policy: Overseas Visitors Health Cover Insurance claim made

First time claiming under Credit Card free Insurance and all went well.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

On my last overseas trip, I got sick (Bronchitis) and had to go to a clinic for a Xray scan and got treated with antibiotics. Upon coming back to Australia, i submitted a claim to Allianz Global Assistance as i have a cover from my Citibank credit card. The process was easy and it was approved in about 11 days. All in all, easy to claim and I did not find the process too laborious. There's an excess of $200 however, which unfortunately reduces the payout a fair bit.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Melbourne

• 4 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Policy: Overseas Visitors Health Cover

Very bad. Simply they rip you off. Stay away from this insurance company.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

I apply overseas visitor cover for my parents from time to time with different insurance companies. Biggest mistake I done was applying thru alliance insurance. Recently I had my insurance for 10 months + 3 days. They charged me for the whole month instead of last 3 days. Earlier I had insurance with BUPA and MEDIBANK. They only charge for the actual period.

You can use Alliance if you have too much money and time to muck around with them.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I'll contact you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Policy: Overseas Visitors Health Cover Insurance claim made

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

Took out policy for my father in law, who unfortunately had to be admitted to the hospital for nearly 10 days and on the first day itself, I contacted Allianz to check if everything was ok. Customer service was very helpful and sent me all the forms and other requirements, which were filled in by the doctors and sent to Allianz. Everything was really smooth and what would have been a really stressful event if I had not taken the policy. Highly recommended.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Thanks for recommending us Aron! Regards, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover

Great Assistance !!! Every time !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

I am associated with Allianz from 2 months and every time i received great assistance on my queries. Recommend Highly.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Vinay, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

Shady and unreliable.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I had already been covered with Allianz for 3 years and had made several claims when I had a terrible accident and needed surgery. Right before the surgery they said that my insurance is not valid and they wouldn’t cover any of the costs. Funny that never came up before, they must have a team trying to work out how to refuse claims by any means. After crying and being really distressed they made me pay several thousands of dollars for them to pay for my surgery and treatment. I have never been so let down in such a bad moment of my life. I don’t wish this on anyone. Please avoid them and don’t put your health and life in their hands. I switched to a different insurer as soon as I was able to.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about this situation. I'll be in touch with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

Loot and plunder in name of policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

I have been with this company from last 4 months. My wife is pursuing Phd from Western Sydney University, and uni purchased the policy on our behalf. This is the worst company one can ever go to, I STRONGLY recommend not to go with this company. We lodged our first claim few days back, and as due to some reason my wife's visa got delayed, and is still under process, therefore, we have a bridging visa.
Firstly, they have DENIED all benefits as they said we are on Bridging Visa, which was never mentioned while we paid $11000. After complaining regarding this, they DENIED saying they will honour my wife's previous visa (Visitor Visa), which already collapsed in April 2018, as my wife needed full study rights to pursue Doctorate.
Moreover, after giving them copy of VEVO check, official govt website, which mentions that Bridging Visa is in-effect, they still DENY saying that your wife is on Visitor Visa, which cannot be the case as this visa only let a person in country for max 3months.

Therefore, I strongly recommend not to go with this company ever. Before coming to this company, me and my wife were with Medibank, and never had a problem at all, even on a Bridging Visa.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, I'll be in touch with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Me and my family have been with Allianz for almost 4 years.While I was pregnant they have covered all the expenses at the hospital.After I gave birth I had to spend 10 days at the hospital,including ICU tretman for me and my babies.I am very satisfied with their services.In these past years we have claimed more than $35000.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Mammy - glad to hear you've been happy with our OSHC product. Regards, Anthony.

That is ok.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

3 years I have been with this compant. I contacted with Emma in GU, and she was helpful. Thank you.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Anahita, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony

• 3 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Policy: Overseas Visitors Health Cover Insurance claim made

Very bad experience: stay away from Allianz

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Allianz said in PDS that they have 24 hours help line which is not true if you are buying visitor (class 600 visa) cover, so if you need to go hospital on the weekend then Good Luck with that because you don't get any advice.

Customer service people are incompetent and unprofessional. I asked during my call that I didn’t get any update from claim, when it was approve and Customer service agent told me that it’s not her job and can’t help with that. In another instance Customer service agent told me that it’s not his problem if you under financial hardship.

Claim process is not clear and nobody will tell you what the exact process is. The claim team is also incompetent to process claim quickly. Whenever I called for status I always get answer claim can take up to 30 days.
Why Allianz need 10 days for investigation when Allianz got all the documentations on very first day?? It won’t take any medical officer more than 10 minutes go to through those documents. I don’t know if they know how to use email or computer??

Why Allianz needs 30 days to process claim when It was already approved? Maybe they have too much work load or incompetent claim team staff.

I was told by customer service that whatever I have paid to hospital, will be refund to me and I have submitted all the invoice along with claim form, but Allianz has paid incorrect invoice to hospital without looking into docs, I have provided. Now I must wait another 4 weeks to get money from hospital and countless follow up with them as well. WHAT A SMOOTH CLAIM PRROCESS??

Advice for everyone; DO NOT PAY TO HOSPITAL UNTIL CONFIRMED THAT INSURANCES GOING TO PAY OR NOT.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about this experience. I'll contact you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

REFUND ISSUE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Hi

This is gulam Dastagir khan from university of Newcastle.

I had an emergency few days ago and had to rush to after hours GP sevice in John Hunter hospital.
Since you guys have reallu bad collaborations with doctors in and around Newcastle, i have to pay an upfront amount of 120$.

And guess what, Just received 49$ for a cliam of 120$.

PATHETIC....AWFUL. ......

Very unhappy with this.

I will never renew my policy with you guys and even change my car insurance from Allianz to some other provider.

Not at all recommend for international students who arrive in Australia with family.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Gulam, I'll contact you with more details. Cheers, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Visitors Health Cover Insurance claim made

Excellent service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Bought the policy for my parents who were here on a visitor visa, they needed to use it for few times. The transaction with OVHC was seamless.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

Big thanks for your services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Back in 2016 I was admitted to hospital and had to stay for 8 days. Total bill was $21,000. Alianz payed 100% no questions asked. Big thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, glad to hear we were able to help you out here. Thanks for the great feedback! Regards, Anthony.

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Just signed up today to alliance. I went into the uni and Emily was so helpful. She was able to answer all my questions and assist was with getting started. It was such an easy process and very thankful

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Ash, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

I can't express how much I hate it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Absolute worst company, they will do EVERYTHING not to pay you a cent. They also hire people who barely speak English in their call center to make you feel like the main character of Franz Kafka's "Trial"

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hello Lena, I'll be in touch with more details. Regards, Anthony.

1 of 54 pages