Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover

allianzassistancehealth.com.au

Allianz Global Assistance

Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Student Health Cover is part of Allianz Global Assistance rated 4.2 stars from 1062 reviews.

Policies:
Filter By:

Shady and unreliable.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

I had already been covered with Allianz for 3 years and had made several claims when I had a terrible accident and needed surgery. Right before the surgery they said that my insurance is not valid and they wouldn’t cover any of the costs. Funny that never came up before, they must have a team trying to work out how to refuse claims by any means. After crying and being really distressed they made me pay several thousands of dollars for them to pay for my surgery and treatment. I have never been so let down in such a bad moment of my life. I don’t wish this on anyone. Please avoid them and don’t put your health and life in their hands. I switched to a different insurer as soon as I was able to.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

Loot and plunder in name of policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

I have been with this company from last 4 months. My wife is pursuing Phd from Western Sydney University, and uni purchased the policy on our behalf. This is the worst company one can ever go to, I STRONGLY recommend not to go with this company. We lodged our first claim few days back, and as due to some reason my wife's visa got delayed, and is still under process, therefore, we have a bridging visa.
Firstly, they have DENIED all benefits as they said we are on Bridging Visa, which was never mentioned while we paid $11000. After complaining regarding this, they DENIED saying they will honour my wife's previous visa (Visitor Visa), which already collapsed in April 2018, as my wife needed full study rights to pursue Doctorate.
Moreover, after giving them copy of VEVO check, official govt website, which mentions that Bridging Visa is in-effect, they still DENY saying that your wife is on Visitor Visa, which cannot be the case as this visa only let a person in country for max 3months.

Therefore, I strongly recommend not to go with this company ever. Before coming to this company, me and my wife were with Medibank, and never had a problem at all, even on a Bridging Visa.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, I'll be in touch with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Me and my family have been with Allianz for almost 4 years.While I was pregnant they have covered all the expenses at the hospital.After I gave birth I had to spend 10 days at the hospital,including ICU tretman for me and my babies.I am very satisfied with their services.In these past years we have claimed more than $35000.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Mammy - glad to hear you've been happy with our OSHC product. Regards, Anthony.

That is ok.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2018

3 years I have been with this compant. I contacted with Emma in GU, and she was helpful. Thank you.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Anahita, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony

REFUND ISSUE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Hi

This is gulam Dastagir khan from university of Newcastle.

I had an emergency few days ago and had to rush to after hours GP sevice in John Hunter hospital.
Since you guys have reallu bad collaborations with doctors in and around Newcastle, i have to pay an upfront amount of 120$.

And guess what, Just received 49$ for a cliam of 120$.

PATHETIC....AWFUL. ......

Very unhappy with this.

I will never renew my policy with you guys and even change my car insurance from Allianz to some other provider.

Not at all recommend for international students who arrive in Australia with family.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Gulam, I'll contact you with more details. Cheers, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

Big thanks for your services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

Back in 2016 I was admitted to hospital and had to stay for 8 days. Total bill was $21,000. Alianz payed 100% no questions asked. Big thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, glad to hear we were able to help you out here. Thanks for the great feedback! Regards, Anthony.

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Just signed up today to alliance. I went into the uni and Emily was so helpful. She was able to answer all my questions and assist was with getting started. It was such an easy process and very thankful

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Ash, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

I can't express how much I hate it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

Absolute worst company, they will do EVERYTHING not to pay you a cent. They also hire people who barely speak English in their call center to make you feel like the main character of Franz Kafka's "Trial"

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hello Lena, I'll be in touch with more details. Regards, Anthony.

professional and kind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2018

I've only been with Allianz for a semester. Efficiency, professionalism and kindness at Clayton Campus. Mrs Anna Basa took care of everything, what a great service!

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Ele, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Great staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I have greatly appreciated the efficiency, professionalism and kindness of Allianz staff present at Monash University, Clayton Campus. I am specifically referring to Mrs Anna Basa, who made everything easier for us, processing our claim really fast, with her always impeccable manners and courtesy. Our most sincere compliments for a great service!

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Roxana, glad to hear Anna has been providing great service. Cheers, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
Private message

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

Select a different company!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2018

I have had this insurance both as a masters and phd student for 7 years now. Every claim I ever made had an issue and was not paid. Each was paid only after repeated calls and emails and considerable effort and follow up on my part. Every time you call you get a different answer a different set of hoops to jump through. My guess is this benefits them with many students who are from foreign countries and struggle with the language. I didn't find out until my last year that you don't have to go with Allianz as a student even though the university makes it seem like you can't choose. You can actually go with any company such as BUPA etc. My advice...pick another company!

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hello Denise, I'm sorry to hear about this - do you have any outstanding claims that need to be processed? I'll contact you directly as well. Regards, Anthony.

Hi, No I think they have all been taken care of now. I have been on a leave of absence since August 1 and my visa has now ended so I would like to apply for a refund from August 1 to the end of my policy. Maybe you could help me with this?

Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Denise, you can do this from here - https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/helpcentre/oshc/cancelling-your-policy/ Regards, Anthony.

perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I really want to appreciate the help and support provided by " Kiyomi Ellison at JCUB." .She clarify all my doubts and spend time with me until i feel satisfied.
Employees like her are really an asset to the company. She made everything easy for me.

So happy to be with you

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Geethu, thanks for the great comment. Regards, Anthony.

Very bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I have been with this company for 5 years as part of my scholarship. It was the worst insurance company. Did one claim and it was emergency the charged me $1000. Because the refused to pay for the hospital.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, I'll contact you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Perfect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

I have just come to Australia a week back and it's just now m being with an insurance company. I was satisfied with Emma sucker who helped me in ordering oshc card and giving me details.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Thanks for the feedback! Cheers, Anthony.

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2018

I am a student of University of Queensland and I just came here. Thanks for ALLIANZ's help and hope you can continue to help me. Thanks for Kiyomi Ellison at UQ. She is very nice.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Caixia, glad to hear Kiyomi is providing you with great service. Cheers, Anthony.

Good service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

I have been with this insurance for about 4-5 years and very satisfied with the service and the company overall

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Tash, glad to hear you've been happy with us! Regards, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

They just want your money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Been with them for 3 years. Multiple times I've been disappointed with their service. Customer service is trash. I wrote down the names and staff number of those who gave me bad quality of customer service. Also wrote down the name and staff number of the nice ones. Going to pass this onto the manager. They don't give a heck about what's happening to you. I filed a claim online and it said to send my tax receipts by post in the instructions. After 2 months lodging my claim they never followed up with me. I called and asked what happened to my claim, they said they never received the tax receipts. Now they expect me to go to 10 different pharmacies and ask for the receipt for that day. How the hell am I supposed to know? To quote one of the customer service dude "you don't remember where you went on the 28th of August?" And I replied "hell no I don't. Do YOU remember where you were on the 28th of August??" Silly. They wouldn't say anything about me filling a claim and never getting the receipts. They said "how are we supposed to know if you've sent the receipts" and I said of course you know. You sent me a confirmation email. Ticks me off. They're happy that money isn't coming out of their company. I will be speaking to the manager tomorrow to find a solution to this because that's easily $300 gone from me. If there is no solution, I'm happy to take my money elsewhere. And so I will spread the word to all international students not to stay with Allianz because they only want your money. I have a lot of connections in a lot of countries and I will be sure to write a Facebook post about this to warn my friends all over the world. Even the travel groups I am in.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Vanessa, I'll contact you with more details. Regards, Anthony

Lol it's been ages. Nothing has been solved. I give up.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover

Perfect. Got assistance from Emma Duckett.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

Almost 3 years. In the beginning, it was a single health cover, next, I converted it to dual family and then I converted it to multi-family health cover.

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Moudood, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Great!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2018

Have been with AGA for four years and still counting. In general, their service is very "neat and clean". Kiyomi Ellison at UQ is great - very (very) helpful. Thank!

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi Riaz, glad to hear Kiyomo is providing great service! Regards, Anthony.

Policy: Overseas Student Health Cover Insurance claim made

These people are so weird!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

I have had this insurance for more than a year.. ai lodges a claim in 2016 and its 2018 that my file has not been processed yet! The consultants on the phone keep saying random stuff and they would just cut the call! Never ever go with this insurance company! Total money waste!! I’m still waiting for my refund! These people would just want your money!!

Comments
Allianz Global Assistance Official

Hi, I'll get in touch with more details. Regards, Anthony.

1 of 49 pages

Read 99 related reviews

Overseas Student Health Cover

Hello, I have planned to study in Australia with my spouse.I already have COE and have dual family insurance policy from Allianz.But now I m pregnent of 8 weeks and i will arrive in Australia after 4 weeks from now. Will my policy cover my pregnancy or I have to upgrade it before arriving in australia. Please provide me more details. Thanks

Islam asked on Nov 29, 2018

Answer this

Hi, you're best to get in contact with our team - see https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/contact-us/

Overseas Student Health Cover

Hello, Allianz team. I am supposed to pay for my fees in my university. But they have arranged a single oshc for me instead of a dual family oshc. I contacted your help desk and relayed to them my concern. I wanted to change the single to dual family before paying my fee, however, they told me to contact my university and so I did.My agent contacted the uni and told me to wait for reply.I have been waiting for more than a week now and I am worried that I may not be able to lodge in Aus in time. How many days more will i wait for my concern to be solved? It is Oct 5 as of now and my orientation day is on Oct 29. I hope I can arrive in Aus on time.

Ella asked on Oct 05, 2018

Overseas Student Health Cover

Hi Allianz Team, I am thinking of getting Allianz to cover me during my studies in Australia, but have some questions though: 1. Am I also covered outside of Australia eg if I go home or go on holiday during my studies? 2. Does the Allianz student cover cover appointments with Naturopaths registered in Australia? 3. If there is an emergency or one has to go to the doctor do I first have to pay the costs out of my own pocket and then wait to receive the money back from Allianz or do you cover the costs immediately? Thank you! Regards, Kirsten

Kirsti asked on May 29, 2018

Answer this

Hello, Kirsten, thanks for the email. More information is available here https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/student-visa-oshc/cover/ and https://allianzassistancehealth.freetls.fastly.net/v_1527485430727/media/documents/OSHCStandardPolicy01-06-2018WEB.pdf_(reduced_size).pdf . In terms of your questions, coverage is only within Australia. Naturopath services are not covered. Also, our policy document says 'If you have been admitted for emergency treatment, contact Allianz Global Assistance immediately on 1800 814 781. If you have been referred to hospital for a non-emergency admission, contact the claim department on 1800 651 349 prior to admission. You will need to provide Allianz Global Assistance with the details of your treatment and hospital stay. We will then be able to confirm your cover and assist you with making arrangements for payment to the hospital". Regards, Anthony

See all 15 questions about Allianz Global Assistance

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.