Filter By:

easy to apply for.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

Policy was easy to setup via the internet, we received sound advice on a pre existing condition and very happy with policy content and price. Conditions were easy to understand.

Perth

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Vietnam Holiday-Travel Insurance.Four Fails from Alliance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2018

We had a problem in Vietnam......Allianz had three fatal fails to manage our case satisfactorily.....one... they never asked us initially to provide essential travel documentation to process our claim as admitted by our case manager.......two they never contacted us within 72 hours as promised to discuss our case and when we contacted them after 72 hours they advised us the paperwork they needed... delay caused by them... meant they couldn't help us in time......three.. we rushed around and sent them this paperwork and they advised us my wife would be upgraded to business class to assist her severe coxit injury on the long trip from Danang to Singapore......Singapore to Perth.....four when we then lined up for business class Singapore airlines advised they knew nothing about it.. we then booked into our original economy class tics....nobody from Allianz had advised us of the flight mess up or change before we went to Danang airport.....we rang the case manager to complain about the mix up... he advised us that they had been unable to book an update for Barbara's fare and as we had now booked in economy class and she could not be upgraded for the rest of the trip.......I lodged an e-mail complaint a week ago and got an e-mail to say somebody would discuss with me in 24 hours.....eight days ago.......thanks Allianz......you succeeded in turning our holiday into a total nightmare and failed dismally in what was promised and not delivered.. this view of the company as a continued bad fail was supported by their lack of response to my e-mailed complaint still 7 days after their e-mail guaranteeing to discuss our complaint in 24 hours....shame on you Alliance.....I have asked for a premium refund and will not be claiming for any of our expenses

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Allianz travel Insurance fit my life style but I haven’t claimed anything yet. So I can’t say much a

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Yes it’s easy to set up and good value for your money. I can’t say that yet cos I use the internet to purchase my policy. I can give 9 out of 10.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi David, glad to hear you've found Allianz Travel Insurance good value for money. Regards, Anthony

Verified Customer

Not much to say as no claims made

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

The policy was easy to set up. The only interaction that I have had with the policy is purchasing it so can't give a comprehensive review just yet, however, it looks good.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Fifi, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

Verified Customer

Wouldn’t travel without insurance even if we never use it!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2018

Reasonable priced for our requirements and quick and easy to obtain. We didn’t need to make a claim, however we were happy to know we were covered if we had of needed to.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Easy to apply for, clear and good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

The policy was good value and the terms and conditions were easy to read and understand. The online application was very easy and the whole process was effortless and simple.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Alex, glad to hear you found it easy to obtain your Allianz Travel Insurance policy and that you found it value for money. Regards, Anthony.

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Hard to get all required information.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2018

Our travel insurance policy was easy to set up and quite competitively priced, but when I asked specific questions about the PDS referring to hire car excess, I couldn't get all the details I required. Following an emailed query regarding this, I received an initial informative reply explaining the general procedure about claiming for hire care excess should we need to, ending with "as long as Allianz accepts the claim". I then sent another email querying on what grounds Allianz WOULDN'T accept such a claim. No reply. Fortunately we didn't need to claim, but not sure if I'd use Allianz again for travel insurance.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kerry, thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on to our team as we're always looking to improve our services. Regards, Anthony.

Perth wa

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Called up Allianz to cancel my policy as they were not responding to my queries via email,told the agent i want to cancel as Allianz was unable to respond to my queries and he says yeah we can cancel it for you without even being apologetic. After it was cancelled i asked for a reference number and he said its been done and he could not give me a reference number. so i said whats the surety that it has come into affect and he replies that i am saying it has.

i think they need to have better customer focused people working for them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

HI Warren, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll pass this on to our team we're always looking to improve our service. Regards, Anthony.

as promised

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Have previously made a claim .Process was reasonably easy as we had kept relevant receipts.
Would, and have ,continued to use Allianz. Well priced and good value we have found for us.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for the review and glad to hear you've found Allianz good value. Regards, Anthony.

it covers my needs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

little more than i expected , yes it was easy to set up,the customer support was good, over all the cover was reasonable.i will get a price from you again when i travel

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hello, thanks for your review, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Verified Customer

Easy to get quote and purchase. Have never had to Claim though.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Cost of policy seemed good value. Very easy to set up. Third time in a row we have used this. The last two were All World for 1 year policies which covered five holidays. This time only took a short duration policy as our next holiday may exceed the 45 days.
Like most insurance, the legalese is disappointing. The pre-existing conditions always seems puzzling/concerning. We are both in good health but concerned we will get trapped on an obscure technicality if we ever had to claim. Luggage loss etc all seems good though.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Don't leave home without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Comprehensive cover at a fair price. Have used Allianz in the past for other family trips and found it very easy to set up and all the extras you may need to have piece of mind.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Frank, thanks for letting us know! Regards, Anthony.

Easy + good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Such an easy website to use and buy your insurance. I have no claimed against them on this occasion thank god, but i have before on previous policies and they are very quick, responsive and helpful.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sheriece, glad to hear you've been happy with Allianz Travel Insurance! Regards, Anthony.

Pre-existing conditions - travel

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2018

Allianz makes it super easy to cover pre-existing conditions when travelling. Very happy with the price and the service. Didn’t need to make a claim but it gave me peace of mind to know I was fully covered for my trip.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Rebecca, glad to hear you were happy with Allianz Travel Insurance and that we were able to help out here! Regards, Anthony.

Never made a claim so the real deal cannot be determined

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

I have passed the magic 70 so my costs jump alarmingly. In fact i am healthier now than for many years. It is a pity that the medical report cannot work in my favour as well. What about a bonus for good history. I have only one small claim in about 40 weeks of travel in the last few years.

I found them easy to deal with on line. A later minor change to travel dates was easily dealt with by phone.

I will probably use them next time.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi John, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Ok if ur single

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

The policy was easy enough to setup but was a bit convoluted when it came to adding my wife and daughter who were travelling separately to myself. Tried doing it online for my wife and daughter but couldn’t so my wife ended up having to do it herself.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Chris, thanks for the feedback - I'll pass it on to our team as we're always looking to improve our service. Regards, Anthony.

Value for money cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

Excellent cover for my requirements. The travel insurance provided the necessary cover at a reasonable cost. Taking out the cover was simple via the online system which clearly presented what was and wasn't included.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Peter, glad to hear that you found Allianz Travel Insurance good value for money. Regards, Anthony.

Travel insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

Very easy to setup, I spoke with a lady in the phone and she was great. It was expensive for an existing medical condition even though she is in remission.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kye, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2018

Policy was easy to setup online, however customer sevice is not stable, depending on who picks up the phone, highly recommend to have rating survey at the end of the conversatin.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know - will pass on the feedback to our team. Regards, Anthony.

Secured by this cover

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2018

The policy was good value and easy to undertake comparison with other insurance policies. The review was positive. It fulfilled all of our requirements for this trip interstate in Australia.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Christo, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

1 of 100 pages

Is extra cover required for cruises or is this included in Plan D?

Frequent traveller asked on Dec 17, 2017

Answer this

Hi, yes a cruise pack can be purchased at an additional cost with our comprehensive travel insurance - more here - https://www.allianz.com.au/travel-insurance/comprehensive-travel-insurance/. Regards, Anthony.

Yes you will need to purchase the cruise pack with comprehensive cover but is still very cheap my policy for 1 adult and 2 children for a 10 day cruise was only $79

Does this mean that we now need to purchase extra cover for the cruise component of our trip? We have already purchased an Allianz multi trip policy (Plan D)?

Hi, We bought travel insurance on 23/11/17 for our holiday to Bali & weren't told of an embargo. Are we covered if our flights are cancelled? If not are we entitled to a refund? Thanks

SCC asked on Nov 29, 2017

Answer this

Hello, this depends on when you bought your policy - in this case, the ash cloud was a known event after 19 September. More here https://www.allianzworldwidepartners.com.au/travel-insurance/travel-alerts/information-threat-volcanic-eruption-bali/ Regards, Allianz Travel Insurance.

My mother in the Uk is currently sick and may pass away in the next few weeks I have a holiday booked and am insured or so I thought but was told today that as my mother lives overseas I am not covered if I have to cancel my holiday to go back for her funeral. Is this true of all insurance companies?

San asked on Nov 01, 2017

Answer this

Hello, thanks for your question. Each travel insurance company has their own terms and conditions and you would need to read the Product Disclosure Statements to see what is covered. Regards, Anthony.

See all 33 questions about Allianz Travel Insurance