Filter By:

Verified Purchase

Easy access for travel insurance booking

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2017

i did not get the 10% discount & the policy value was dearer than last time.
Policy was easy to set up.
Didn't use customer service. It was an online booking

Allianz Travel

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Easy to access, reasonable cost, telephone queries efficiently responded to in a friendly manner. Loved the extra gift of a Travel Sim which was well used! Highly recommend this product.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for recommending us! Cheers, Anthony.

Comforting to know there's a reputable company to assist and support if necessary

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

I felt it was good value. Yes, it was easy to set up. I did not use customer support so no comment.I have not unpacked my belongings so we will see if there are any damaged items when I do.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Never travel without it!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

We did a claim on our first travel insurance. And Allianz made it easy. Follow the instructions and it is easy as 1 2 3. I will never travel without it!

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for the review, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Verified Purchase

No hassle travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

My travel insurance policy from Allianz was easy to set up online, it was good value and provided good coverage. As an added bonus they sent me a free travel SIM for my phone with $5 credit on it... I didn't have to make a claim but I was satisfied with the price and coverage.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Cathy, glad to hear you were happy with your Allianz Travel Insurance policy, hope you had a great trip! Cheers, Anthony.

Good range of cover

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

Finding a travel insurance policy is a minefield! Apart from some standard items of cover, each provider has a different range of items that are covered & for differing values. Sorting through the cover needed is time consuming task.
Allianz had the cover we needed, it wasn't the cheapest but we knew that they had a good reputation as an insurer. Even with pre-existing medical items to cover it was relatively easy to set up.
Haven't had to make a claim yet so don't know whether that would be a pleasant experience or not.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hello, thanks for your review, it's appreciated. Regards, Anthony.

Always have travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

Easy to set up but I have never had a claim so not able to rate claim satisfaction rating has we have never claimed just writing this to get more words in

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Willie, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

good cover

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

Yes to all the above questions. particularly when I rang enquiring about suba diving and motor cycle hire questions, I did not do these activities but the answers to the questions where clearly explained

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Paul, glad to hear you were happy with our cover. Cheers, Anthony.

Never travel without insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2017

1.Policy was good value for money.
2.Policy was easy to setup and understand.
3.We did not have to use customer support so we can't comment and we never travel without insurance.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hello Hame, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Wouldn't travel without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

Our policy was extremely good value and very easy to set up. We didn't need to make a claim but we have had to in the past with Allianz and it was well worth it as we received all our money back.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Shannon, glad to hear you've been happy with Allianz Travel Insurance! Regards, Anthony.

Fit for purpose.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Relatively easy to set up. I cannot give your policy a satisfaction rating as no claim was made (which is the point at which some covers prove to be better than others).

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Patricia, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Reasonable insurance, everyone should get travel insurance.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Reasonable policy.
Easy to purchase.
Didnt need to use the insurance, but I always have travel insurance when I travel overseas. Dont have any more to write but must write this have the minimum amount of words before this feedback will send!

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback! Cheers, Anthony.

1 of 149 pages

Have booked 9 day cruise for my husband (73 years) myself 74 years and grandson 16 with BankWest platinum. Are we covered?

Tina dumo asked on Jul 21, 2017

Answer this

Hi, the insurance on your credit card is different to the stand alone Allianz Travel Insurance policies that we offer. You would have to check with Bankwest directly to check this. Regards, Anthony.

Please dont use allianz for any insurance. They take your money very quickly but will find any excuse not to pay out if you dare to make a claim. There are more reputable companies out there. Read the reviews by people who have made claims with this company and you will see what i mean. Anyone can give 4 or 5 stars for just buying the policy but the ones who have claimed give allianz only 1 star. There are so many great reviews in the last 10 days it really makes you wonder if the staff write them

With Bankwest ALLIANZ travel international insurance MC Platinum credit card you don't get a policy number which is also required by APT. My travel agent says I need a policy number which is needed by medical doctors in USA Canada Alaska if I need assistance. Is this true?

Crab asked on May 13, 2017

Answer this

Hi, thanks for your review. The travel insurance available on your credit card is a different product to the third party travel insurance Allianz offers - you will need to contact Bankwest directly to obtain this information. Regards, Anthony.

I have been informed By Bank West my travel insurance is covered by Allianz as I have paid my full travel and air fares by Mastercard. I am travelling to Thailand and am 75 years old with no health problems. Will you confirm this please? Marion Green.

Marion asked on Apr 28, 2017

Answer this

Hi Marion - the insurance on your credit card is a Business to Business product offered by Bankwest and is different to the Business to Consumer 3rd party insurance offered by Allianz Travel Insurance. You will need to confirm directly with Bankwest on this matter. Regards, Anthony.

Marion, be very wary about using Allianz for your insurance. They hate to pay out on genuine claims. They will try every excuse they can come up with not to pay out.

See all 24 questions about Allianz Travel Insurance