Filter By:

Quick, friendly, and Helpful Customer Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

I needed to set up my overseas health care to extend my university exchange, and Anna Basa provided a wonderful customer service experience. She helped me set up my account, explained exactly what steps I needed to take in order to finalize my health care, and was patient and friendly throughout the whole process. Thanks Anna!

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jack, thanks for the feedback! Regards, Anthony.

Insurance claim made

Excellent service received from Allianz Travel Insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

When I phoned in regard to obtaining my travel insurance Allianz staff were friendly and very helpful. At all times the communication was efficient and prompt. After my trip I made a claim and the response was fast with the money claimed deposited in my account within 7 days.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Susan, glad to hear you've been happy with your Allianz Travel Insurance experience! Regards, Anthony.

Good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

In comparison to other insurers it offered substantial coverage for the value.
The policy was very easy to set-up.
I was satisfied with the customer support

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi David, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Brisbane

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Read the fine print before you buy!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Very disappointed. I was supposed to have full comprehensive travel cover through my platinum master card underwritten by Allianz. The statements at the front of the brochure said, I was covered, but when it came time to claim (because the airline went bust and I had to pay for additional plane fares), out came the fine print and I wasn't covered. Very deceptive marketing!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer

Great service and product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

The policy I purchased provided great value and was easy to set up. It provided me with the necessary coverage I needed for my trip overseas, so much so that I am about to purchase another policy through Allianz for my next trip.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jamie - glad to hear you've been happy with Allianz Travel Insurance! Regards, Anthony.

Perth

• 1 review
  • 2 questions

Would be helpful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2018

What percentage of travel insurance medical claims submitted to Allianz over the past 12 months were rejected. This would be most helpful in deciding whether to use Allianz for this type of cover.

Affordable and straight forward

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

Excellent on all fronts. Really affordable policy, easy to understand, and covered all the things I needed. Certainly not a rip off company
when it comes to Travel Insurance, great value and would recommend.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jaye, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

Easy to apply for and prompt response

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2018

Yes good value and easy to apply for. I was very satisfied with my cover. I felt assured that I was covered and protected in the unfortunate event of having to make a claim.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Julie, glad to hear you've been happy with your Allianz Travel Insurance experience. Regards, Anthony.

Great travel insurance suited our needs perfectly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Very good value very easily accessible and a great comfort to travel with,suited our needs perfectly ,covered all of the things that we needed on our short trip ,which was a comfort

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Georgie, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Didn't make a claim so hard to review

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

It's only when you make the claim can you review a company solidly. Pricing & convenience when insurance us was easy enough via the website. Reviewing is in the claiming!

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Teresa, thanks for the comment, it's appreciated. Regards, Anthony.

Bad Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Never had a claim on my travel insurance with Alliance (or any other insurer). No additional health issues to report, yet Alliance refused to cover me at all. I am only in my 60’s so should not have been a problem

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hello Cally, I'm sorry to hear we weren't able to provide you with cover in this instance. I can't comment on the particular circumstances here but our call centre will be able to help out on 131000. Regards, Anthony.

Cant really say didn't have to use it ???

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

Very easy purchased online in minutes.it was good value. Can't comment on customer support because we didnt need to make a claim. Not sure what else to write to make it thirty words, but yes happy happy and I printed a nice policy to take with me

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Christine, thanks for the review. Regards, Anthony.

Yeh no worries not much of a review

Provides the level of insurance I required

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

1. The cost of the policy was competitive against other providers

2. When buying the policy on-line I had a problem with the predictive home address system, which could not find my address, although I have 3 other policies with Allianz and there seems to be no problem in mailing me reminders and other material. I finally saw that there is an option to insert the address manually but this option is not immediately obvious.

3. When I encountered the address problem I did call the help desk for assistance and they did offer to help complete the purchase of the policy, but at no time was the option to manually insert the address mentioned. I turned this offer down and went back to the site to complete the deal.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi William, thanks for letting us know. I'll pass on your feedback to our team as we're always looking to improve our services. Regards, Anthony.

Never had a problem with Alkianz

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

Set up cover online, and procedure was easily followed. Coverage was reasonably priced and follow up documentation was e-mailed promptly.
As no claim was made, i cannot comment on how my claim and i would have been handled.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Can't travel ithout it

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

I was happy with the package which was able to do on line , , it's easy to set up , and it's all personal choice . I have so far always used your company , and probably will in the future .

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sonja, glad to hear you found it easy to organise your travel insurance policy with us. Regards, Anthony.

Verified Customer

Don’t leave without cover I say

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Good value easy to set up thank you will use again in future thank you jose I’m happy I didn’t have to use it that’s the main thing thanks again jose

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for the review, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

• 1 helpful vote

Our Trip to Hawaii was relaxing due to my Allianz policy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

I will use this travel insurance again as it was very easy to set up and not overly expensive. Customer Support was good when I had to phone them about extending the time. Didn't have to use it though, so that is the telling time with any insurance policy.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sandra, glad to hear you had a great trip to Hawaii. Thanks for the review! Regards, Anthony.

Great travel insurance for Bali

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Yes to all the Questions above . Very happy with my what I pick for Bali . I would use them very time and highly recommend great value for money

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

Did not need to use

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2018

Didn't need to use it so that's always a good thing, so I am assuming that the policy is a good one. The policy was easy to set up.I wouls use Allianz again

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony.

Good choice

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Policy components offered were good value in comparison to others. The policy was easy to set up. I didn't need to contact customer service because I didn't have any claim but friends told me of great support and understanding when they made claims.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Raed, glad to hear you were happy with your Allianz Travel Insurance experience. Regards, Anthony.

1 of 111 pages

Is my I phone covered as it fell into the ocean?

Glorious asked on Jul 14, 2018

Answer this

Hi, I cannot comment on individual situations. If you go through the claims process at https://claimmanager.com.au/aga/agreement, or call 131000, you will be guided through this. Regards, Anthony.

You will be lucky to get anything for this. Allianz hate paying any claims

Do you do pre-existing illnesses insurance?

Wendy V asked on Jul 13, 2018

Answer this

Hi Wendy, thanks for the question. Yes we cover some pre existing conditions automatically, and some with an extra premium. You have to go through the booking process to see what's covered. Regards, Anthony.

Would like to know from those who have actually made a claim through this company and how it went exactly?

Chelleid asked on Jul 01, 2018

Answer this

My claim was recently settled without any fuss. I completed the paperwork carefully and the money was in my account within a week. At all times the employees at Allianz were friendly and helpful.
Susan

My claim was a nightmare. Allianz tried every excuse they could think of to deny the claim. Ended up going to the financial ombudsman. Got our money 21 weeks after the claim process started. Will never use allianz again for any insurance. Allianz went out of their way to make a very tough time for us so much tougher

Thank you. 50 50. What to do?

See all 41 questions about Allianz Travel Insurance