Filter By:

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Think twice before getting this insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Bought this insurance 4 times. Last time made claim for stolen goods, which was rejected. Forced me to read all terms and conditions. Basically, it is very difficult to get honest claim as almost all reasonable situations in T&C are foreseeable and very narrow opportunity to have successful outcomes unless you prepared to lie. If I knew this will be that complicated I would never waist my time with police report and re altering my travel itinerary. Have lost two days of trip for nothing with zero recovery.
I hope they are better in covering other aspects of travel, however I never will find this out as no more this insurance for me.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hello Daniel - I've been informed that this can be escalated to the Internal Dispute Resolution process - please let me know if you wish to proceed with this. Regards, Anthony.

Anthony, I went through the process already, which resulted in rejection of my claim. I do not have anything new to add, unless you believe someone else in your organization can have different view... read more »

gold coast

• 1 answer

sensational service great company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2018

i had an epeleptic turn on a cruise near paradise island was medivaced to noumea hospitalised for 2 days could not have been treated better by alliance organised hospital medi vac looked after my wife organised travel home then paid my claim within 30 days what a company all on visa card insurance would reccomnend them to any one

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, glad to hear you were happy with our service and that we were able to help you out. Regards, Anthony.

Insurance claim made

Could not recommend enough!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Unfortunately I was faced with a horrible situation overseas which resulted in me needing to leave the country I was in. Allianz made this process as smooth and efficient as possible. I honestly would have not made it home without their help and support. Further to this, I had to make a pretty big claim when I returned home and Allianz actioned this right away and did not stuff me around at all. I can not thank them enough, or praise them enough! They took stress away from the whole situation.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Em, glad to hear we were able to help out! Cheers, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Absolutely Atrocious

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

We have been dealing with the most unresponsive company ever! We made a claim on lost luggage. Upon making this claim we have sent all documents that was asked. And then to be asked further documentation, this then added another 10 business days for a response. (N.B another 10 business days have been added to this claim making it up to almost 30 Business Days).

How are we suppose to get old receipts for all the lost item that was in the luggage! So instead they asked for an estimate date and cost for the lost item. I had explained to the consultant that those details were addressed from my very first initial claim. However, she went on to argue that they weren't it. If she had checked the dates from when the missing items were purchased and the date we travelled she could see that they were two completely different dates.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Linh, I'll be in contact in regards, to this. Cheers, Anthony.

*******UPDATE*******
It took quite a bit of time for this case to end. It now has been finalised. Wish the process and information needed was all there to begin with. This process has taken a little over month and half.

lenah valley

• 4 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 14 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Excellent Service in my time of need

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Unfortunately my husband has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and our booked holidays have to be cancelled.
Allianz were very professional, only requested one other document from our regular gp that we were waiting on and once received the claim was processed and put into our bank account in a very reasonable time frame.
Their communication was brilliant, and on two occasions, i was personally called to give me an update.
Annie especially was very considerate and empathetic and her kindness towards me (on an especially bad day , just home from hospital) is a gesture i appreciated very much.
It is very refreshing to receive such service . Thank you Annie.
Receiving the claim allowed me to pay our medical bills and put our mind at rest for mow.

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hello Audrey. I'm sorry to hear about your husband and it must be a distressing time for you. I'm glad that we were able to sort this out quickly and that you were happy with our service. I'll pass... read more »

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

Highly not recommended at all.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Highly not recommended at all. Claim process is too slow. Claim officers seems to be easy to deal with over the phone but the outcomes are completely opposite than expected despite the fact of providing all requested documents and attending all interviews as requested.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hello Raj, I'll contact you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Hi Anthony, OTIPMT0000345. I know your answer from now. Dear Raj, I had a very detailed look at your claim and I regret to inform that there is not much that I can do to make things right. ... read more »

Australia

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2018

I have used Allianz Travel (Allianz Global Assist/Allianz Worldwide Partners) twice. Allianz being (formerly) my preferred insurer for all products, this was a go-to when travelling.

During a recent trip some of my belongings were stolen, I tried to phone Allianz on their "24/7 number" at approximately 5pm (GMT +2) only to discover that 24/7 was not 24/7.

I eventually was able to notify Allianz while away of what had occurred, the young lady on the phone was very helpful and assured the process would be very easy and straight forward. It was far from that when I returned.

I lodged the claim on 23 August 2018 - being aware of Insurance requirements I included a comprehensive level of information about the incident and a detailed schedule of loss regarding what was stolen including proof of ownership and receipts for replacement where possible (this was the significant majority of items).

I was first contacted by Allianz on 29 August 2018 by email, four days later, advising the claim had been referred to their Investigations team. Confused as to why, I made inquiries to Allianz which went unanswered. I was contacted by the Allianz investigation firm (an external provider) on 30 August 2018 advising she was based in Queensland but would arrange for someone in my state to contact me. This eventually occurred on 6 September 2018. The investigator was a nice gentleman and very professional and whilst clear on what Allianz were asking, was also unclear on what was hoped to be achieved by Allianz. To me, it felt like a deliberate attempt to either refuse or minimize the claim. Following the interview with me, the investigator later advised he would like to speak with my partner (with whom I traveled) and my mother in law (with whom was with me when the theft occurred), two things which delayed the claim again, and again.

By the 26 of September, almost one month after lodging the claim - I had enough! I phoned the investigations team and spoke with the Team Leader. The TL took time to review the file and spoke with me on 27 September at which time she was extremely understanding and apologetic and had asked the investigator to close the file and return the file to the Allianz claims team.

I received a call from Allianz on 1 October from Allianz claims (as promised by the Investigations TL) asking me for all of the information I had previously provided to Allianz and to the Allianz investigator (twice), again. After sending this through, I was finally told my claim would be paid. I was relieved it was finally over... I was wrong.

Of the ~$5k items being claimed, I was informed on the schedule that only ~$3.7k would be paid, despite not being provided any specific information or advice as to why items were short paid or not paid at all. By the time the money was paid to me it was only ~$3k, significantly less than advised (even when deducting the $200.00 policy excess) and significantly less than the claimed amount. The figures simply did not add up and did not make sense!

When I questioned Allianz on this on 4 October, I have still received no response. I am extremely disappointed in Allianz and would not recommend them to anyone planning to travel.

***Update: I finally received payment in full from Allianz on 23 October which resolved my claim in full****

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, I'm sorry that you weren't happy with this experience but glad to hear this has been resolved. Regards, Anthony.

adelaide

• 2 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

run far away from this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Paid a ridiculous amount for travel insurance for our group. Did everything properly, eg did not do any hazardous activities so as not to have any problems. Unfortunately one of our group had his bag stolen with wallet, passport, mobile phone, ipad, etc. the day before we were due to leave for home (there was no safe for security in the hostel). Contacted security immediately, lodged police reports, contacted consulate...in other words, if we had to do it...then we did it. Group members paid for all the taxi fares to/from police stations,etc and paid for all his needs....cos he had no money at all. Lodged a claim for the items in the bag. Multiple photos proving the items not only existed but were in his possession on the trip, Immediately there was an investigation launched as apparently, there was a lot in the bag. Yes we know...we we all out of pocket. Nasty nasty investigation, lots of stalling, ombudsman involvement, any hoop you can think of....allianz said jump through. It has been weeks and we are now at a pathetically low offer which doesn't cover half the items in the bag. Should have claimed for stress involved, additional costs that we had to outlay on his behalf but all we actually claimed was what was in the bag (probably a little less as we didn't bother with some of the small tourist stuff bought). Next trip is planned but hell no will allianz be involved in the travel insurance. Would have been better off taking the money and having a campfire....at least we would have been warm for a few minutes and had some sort of positive rather than the nightmare they are putting us through.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll contact you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Australia

• 28 comments
  • 25 helpful votes

God Help Travellers Who Are Relying on Allianz

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I have developed an eye condition while travelling in the Greek Islands - almost impossible to get specialist treatment. I managed to stumble onto an ophthalmic surgeon who spent more than an hour to diagnose my condition, and provide immediate advice and assistance, and things to watch out for which would require immediate specialist attention - the worst, retinal detachment, an eyesight breaker!, I phoned Allianz Emergency Medical Assist line - reverse charges it says. Ha, ha, no it is not. I am up to nearly $100 in phone calls so far. I advised my frightening symptoms in detail, but all they were immediately interested in was how much I have spent on medical costs to date, how much in travel to date, where I am and what it will require to get me home. No concern at all about my well being. I have spoken to four paper shufflers so far (except for the first one there has been no human element in terms of compassion, acknowledgement of my fear, or predicament, so that is all I can think to call them), and very briefly and in my first contact to Allianz, a nurse who was kind, and advised that the doctors advised that I would need a medical clearance to fly. The nurse noted that they may need to organise treatment somewhere here before flying. I provided the required clearance to fly, but have heard no more from the nurse re flying, or local treatment. It is now 24 hours since first contact and I have had no further medical assistance or comment. Now the paper shufflers. We will email you details of the case and case number, we will telephone you and keep you up to date, we will send you details of an allocated case manager - no not the person I spoke to in the first place, but a medically trained person who will manage it. I am still waiting for that one. I have received no phone calls what so ever, and not one email without me chasing it. Every time, even when I requested them to confirm receipt of critical documents I was requested to send. It turns out, when I finally called, that they hadn't even bothered to open the emails, let alone action them. I was requested to send details of the doctor's report, and who he was (a British trained and working ophthalmic surgeon who spends his summers in Corfu); a copy of passport, etc., I was asked about health history - 42 years of comprehensive global travelling including 3 other trips this year (where I was relying on Allianz, phew!) and this is my first time ever to ask for help or claim; I have my eyes checked by an ophthalmologist every 2 years and have only mild distance prescription; top health cover for 41 years and the only claims in the last 3 or 4 years at least, is dental. The issue I have is a known, instantly happening eye problem, common in folks my age. Its symptoms and diagnosis are very clear cut, according to several articles by British medical services and the British Royal National Institute for Blind people. It has nothing to do with existing health, it is just bad luck and age. Doctor [name removed] spent more than an hour examining my eyes multiple times, using a number of drops, including dilators, to reach his diagnosis. He was patient and thorough, and sat with me with a clinical model of an eye to demonstrate what had happened. He advised me of how to deal with it immediately, things not to do, and the things that I needed to watch out for. The diagnosis is clear cut, like appendicitis. You get it, or you don't. But no, not with Allianz. Doctor has not provided enough information for them to be sure that it is what he has diagnosed. He has not provided symptoms, or heath history, they will do no more without it. And this is the medical emergency assist. Wow. I have described my symptoms in great detail. It is very obvious that my eye is not normal. There is something seriously wrong, and needs attention. Allianz, get me home where I can be properly diagnosed, treated and monitored. My eye is in trouble. But, no, that would be too reasonable, wouldn’t it? They claim for my ‘safety’. Are you serious? Where is the safety? I have a full diagnosis from a qualified specialist, I have provided detailed symptoms of totally abnormal eye behaviour, the specialist doctor provided written medical clearance to fly, and I am sitting on a tiny Greek island (my travel itinerary as moved me on from Corfu) with very basic services. Allianz you don’t give a damn. You don’t contact, respond, you don’t do anything. You don’t even provide a reverse charge service as noted on your website. And this is your emergency medical assist service?

November 15th 2018 Update: Haven't Even Lodged a Claim, But Allianz Have Knocked it Back, With Conditions

I haven't even lodged a claim for a cut short holiday yet, or a dispute about my claim (how can I, I haven't lodged the claim yet?). BUT a Dispute Resolution Officer (who couldn't even spell my name correctly, until I noted it), has 'completed the Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) review of your claim and dispute, and my final decision letter is attached to this email'. How can he do this when I have not even lodged my claim yet - I am still receiving specialist attention?
It has been knocked back (but hey, I have not lodged it, and he acknowledged this, and refers to, 'my dissatisfaction with the outcome of the claim' no, Mr, it was my dissatisfaction with Alianz's response to my complaint about Allianz's initial reaction to my contact with Allianz. It gets worse, folks, the statements below were included in the letter. Money and shut up, it appears.
'Although your claim has not yet been received and cannot be assessed under the policy, in an effort to amicably resolve this matter, AGA is prepared to offer you as a gesture of goodwill, settlement in full in the amount of $250.00.
In accepting this offer you agree to not take any further action against Allianz Global Assistance in any external dispute resolution scheme, court or tribunal in any jurisdiction with regard to this dispute. You also acknowledge this agreement may be used as a bar to any action, suit or proceeding commenced at any time against Allianz Global Assistance regarding this claim.
Further, you agree that you will not (except as may be required by law) disclose any of the terms of this letter to any person and will not make any public comment of any nature whatsoever with respect to the terms of this letter without the written consent of the Insurer.'
Mr Dispute Resolution Officer also advised me that I have a limited time to respond to this letter. I state again, I have not lodged a claim yet.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Kate, I'll get in contact with more details. Regards, Anthony

Great contact continues, ha, ha. Contact Anthony. No phone number, no last name, no extension, or selection number. Got a message to call someone else a couple of days ago. No last name, no extensi... read more »

Latest updates from the vultures. I got a basic response to my entry above. Ignored mostly the issues, but hey, we got you home. Don't worry about the stress, costs, tears, fighting and behaviour o... read more »

Adelaide

• 6 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Extremely difficult to deal with.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Booked the trip of a lifetime to U/K and Ireland back in May / June 2017 for travel in Aug 2018, got travel insurance Sept 2017.
Diagnosed with cancer June 2018 cancelled trip due to commencement of treatment, no prior signs or symptoms. Submitted a travel insurance claim mid June. staff continually stalling by asking for more information, ( already supplied ) and then told we will get an answer in 7 to 10 days 6 times so far.
The stress and worry they are putting us through is almost unbearable considerinmg my current circumstance.
I honestly believe they are waiting for my cancer to do it's job or hoping we will drop it.
Having to resort to legal action.
My advise is stay well clear of Allianz Insurance, we will gladly take you money but how dare you make a claim.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi, as discussed previously I've sent this through to our complaints process to investigate. Regards, Anthony.

Hi Anthony, yesterday afternoon I spoke with Matthew in the claims center who refused to put me thru to his supervisor and couldn’t care less about the stress this is causing both my wife and mysel... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 6 helpful votes

Highlights of the Allianz Travel Insurance Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Apalling service and support while sick overseas.
I got ill on first day of a 5 week holiday in Europe. I flew out a week ahead of my wife to do a trek, so i was alone.
At first suspected food poisoning but after GP consults and trip to hospital, had emergency surgery in France to remove gangrenous gall bladder.
"Highlights" of my Allianz experience were:
The 24/7 emergency telno on my insurance certificate was a disconnected number. My wife in Australia found new number for me. I advised I was unwell and told to go to GP/hospital - no suggestions offered. In great pain it took me a day of trains, buses and cars to eventually find a hospital that could help.
I contacted Allianz to advise hospitalisation -Told I may not be covered. Rang Allianz when about to go to op theatre. Told they may not cover me for surgery
My wife rang Allianz when she found out I was in surgery. Allianz would not talk to her even though she was emergency contact on the policy.
Allianz took 8 days before they advised I would be covered. In the meantime they had me chasing faxes and emails that had never been received by the intended recipients - And I"M now certain were never sent by ALLIANZ - all from my hospital bed in rural France. It was a 24hr job and just as stressful as the surgery.
I phoned Allianz 30 times from my hospital bed in France over 8 days trying to meet their requirements and expedite their stalled communications with my GP in Sydney and the hospital admin. Each time you must go though 3 Auto promps followed by music on hold for up to 10 mins - on the "Emergency line".
If you try to pin them down by sending emails, all you receive is a no-reply response saying they will respond in 72 hours - not that they ever did.
Allianz systems were down on and off for 3 days days so often Allianz couldn't trace my case notes.
Allianz said they would not fly me home after discharge from hospital. - that I could catch my scheduled flight in 4 weeks. It was only the intervention of my French surgeon, the night before I was due to be discharged that got them to fly me back the following day.
Even after Allianz eventually agreed to cover me, they couldn't organise the guarantee of payment to the hospital prior to my discharge. Hospital will send me the bill.
No one from allianz ever rang to ask how I was. When a nurse did ring me in post-op, she just wanted to go through pre-existing illnesses. They only ever wanted me to do something to meet their requirements.
My assessment: My experience with Allianz was of wilful disregard for my condition; unrelenting demands for me to chase up their communications problems and unreliable internal systems. The consistency of my difficulty dealing with the company suggests a deep cultural deficiency in the organistion.
I plan to report my experience to Insurance Ombudsman. Yet to claim.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jeff, as discussed I'm having this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

I look forward to hearing from you. What is your position within the company?

Winmalee

Do not trust

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2018

Will never use again- do not TRUST- could not use the online portal despite weeks of attempts.

The fact they stated that the portal was working and it still isn't deems them as untrustworthy in my opinion. Wasted so much time.

My experience in more detail:

I paid for the policy through Teachers Health. I then got my certificate of insurance from Allianz Global.

After some emergency dental treatment in Thailand, tried the ALLIANZ online claim porta. It didn't work on any of my devices,

Thought it might be my i-pad, so I tried my laptop (still no luck)

Registered my policy and let me proceed through stages:
1: Your details
2: Trip Details
3: Would not allow me to select in the dropdown menu

Sent about 10 emails, only 2 replied to

Got home and have been trying on my desktop (with different browsers etc) many, many times.

Called them, in the morning and was advised by NAME WITHELD (who was very nice and apologetic) that her superivior, NAME WITHELD -told her the 'system was down' and they had only been alerted to this at that point (even though I have been trying for weeks). This is when I really realised that they were giving me the run around. A huge company like this has only been alerted to the portal not working that day?

I was sent a 9 page claim form to fill out. That's all well and good- I understand insurance companies need to prove the legitimacy of claims. I just want to know why my policy number would not work online.

I was told to try again later that afternoon. Which I did, and it still didn't let me pass stage 3 on the portal. I sent an e-mail threatening to write a review.
once again I called and explained my situation. He was very confident and well versed in the content of my claim but could not actually give me reasons why the portal was not working for me.) I was told by the representative that he wasn't in I.T so he didn't know why it was working.

I asked if there were many policies that couldn't get past the third question and he stated that there are just some numbers that the 'system doesn't like' He explained more about the policy claim- which was good but then - GET THIS - he told me the I.T guy was listening in on the conversation and came to whisper in his ear that the portal was now fixed, and that I should try again immediately.

I did- and it didn't work.
Tried again this morning- and decided that I will let other people know about this dubious practice of not allowing some claims to work on the portal.

So my complaint is that I was lied to about the online claims process.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hello Kaz, I'll contact you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Perth

• 3 comments

WASTE of MONEY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

lost value $4000 spend all day with police to get report for insurance got valued at $150 minus excess. very rude customer service, don't waste your time and money....comprehensive travel insurance is a scam. at least I've learned not to get any insurance ever again as they never pay!!! we were buying it for many years and when you get in trouble and think you covered., you get NOTHING in return!!! legal SCAM.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi slick - I'll contact you to get hold of your details and investigate this. Regards, Anthony.

I bought Comprehensive Cover which states "ENJOY THE BENEFITS OF OUR (Allianz travel insurance) HIGHEST LEVEL OF COVER FOR OVERSEAS TRAVEL. Covered for loss of luggage and personal effects up to AU... read more »

Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hello, I've heard back from our claims team. As stated in the Product Disclosure Statement, we require proof of purchase for the item which limits us to only being able to settle for the amount you... read more »

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Impossible to extend insurance without long hold on international call

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

I purchased with my flight through Expedia and when I extended my stay came to realise there was no way to extend online - you must make an international call during Australian time (unsure actual times) and be on hold for ages. I tried calling early and they’re closed and later and can never get through and my credit runs out. For such a big insurer I’m surprised they don’t have the online function to easily extend like other specialist travel insurers. I’ve called 4 times now. Looks like I’m going to remain os uninsured rather than deal with Allianz travel insurance anymore.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jo, I'll contact you with more information. Regards, Anthony.

I’d like to add that I emailed about 10 times and asked if I could bank transfer or bpay but they couldn’t offer this. They ended up extending me a month and not charging me but regardless I would not purchase Allianz again.

Bathurst

Claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

Submitted my claim,1 claim only,first I got a sms to say claim has been approved and was really pleased,then 2 days later Saturday morning at 8.30 4 th August received a call to advise that they had devided my claim into 2 claims and I would have to pay 2 lots of excess $500,the whole claim was for $550,what a joke terrible service,will never use thenj again for travel insurance,

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hello Kaylene, thanks for the message. I'm not privy to this claim, but there are individual excesses applicable depending on what they are. I'll message you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Melbourne

• 10 helpful votes

Verified Customer Insurance claim made

More than 1 month and travel claim have not been resolved!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

Claim was submitted on 18/06/18 - I was told that I would be contacted within 5 working days, today is the 29/07 and the claim is not yet resolved! No worthy communication have been received from the claims officer to date! I do not recommend this travel insurance company to anyone! I'm only using it because it's linked to my ANZ credit card!!!

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide

• 10 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Might as well throw money down the drain!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

Don’t bother. Was robbed overseas and I submitted a claim on my return home. It took beyond 10 days to assess my claim. I was asked for information that I had already provided in great detail twice!! And for other information that was unattainable! I was made to jump through unrealistic hoops. In the end I ended up throwing in the towle and just saying stuff it... I will cop the looses on the chin.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Chris, I'll be in touch to discuss. Regards, Anthony.

And 5 days later still nothing. hmmmm.

• 1 review
  • 13 helpful votes

Allianz Travel insurance worst in the Market - buyer beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

Be careful who the underwriter of your policy is. I have travelled and utilised many insurance companies this company is disgraceful. Do not get insurance covered by them. If you become unwell whilst on holidays they will not assist you to return to Australia. In fact they go out of their way to bully and make you jump through hoops. An utterly disgraceful Nurse and case Manager who have no compassion and want only to cover their insurance backside not to pay once cent. An awful and poor experience from the moment I made the first call. This is a warning to other travellers. They are vile.

13 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hello Karren - I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'll message you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Brisbane

Saved me thousands $$$

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2018

After 3 weeks in Europe I ended up with chicken pox and declared unfit to fly for two weeks.
The Allianz nurse on the phone and the rest of the travel insurance team were so helpful.
We kept records and a diary of everything we claimed and got it all back.
This included the flights and accomodation we missed on the return leg of our journey.
Have continued using them on every trip since knowing we are in safe hands.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Nick, glad to hear that you were really happy with our service - hope you're all well now. Regards, Anthony.

Quick, friendly, and Helpful Customer Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2018

I needed to set up my overseas health care to extend my university exchange, and Anna Basa provided a wonderful customer service experience. She helped me set up my account, explained exactly what steps I needed to take in order to finalize my health care, and was patient and friendly throughout the whole process. Thanks Anna!

Comments
Allianz Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jack, thanks for the feedback! Regards, Anthony.

1 of 112 pages