Filter By:

4 year old crumbling couch

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

. I purchased a couch from Virginia Brisbane QLD store 4 years ago.
I spent almost 12 months looking the prefect couch.
I fall in love with Remy 6 seater range and purchased it that day.
Since then the couch has been nothing but a nightmare for my family.
The pull cable for the leg rests snapped off in the 2 seater in the first 6 months,
Then the cup holders started rusting.
And, and the black leather started pealing.
And to topit off the wood structure holding up the back rest has crumbled and no longer held together by anything.
The couch was on sale when i got it, originally it was $2000+. For the price I paid I would expect it to last a lot longer than it has, I am very disappointed. Sent a warranty clame in, to be told my couch only has a 12 month warranty.
I am positive it should have a 5 year structure warranty.
Will be contacting ombetsman

Shop Location: VIC, Hoppers Crossing

No help regarding damage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I desperately tried to get help in regards to damage but was told couldn't help me because I never took out smartcare my lounge isn't 2 months I am totally floored by this asked if there was anywhere I could go n they had no idea have saved for months for a new suite , now have to save fo it to be repaired. Wouldn't deal with smart ever again so people be warned

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Campbellfield

Never again with Amart

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

We bought a king size ultra plush decadence mattress with Amart,I have noticed that there was 3 rips on mattress bottom portion. I have spoken to delivery guys with these issues and said to call their customer service, which I did and these delivery guys made a story the reason the mattress was ripped because I helped them. Customer service then wont refund or replace the mattress coz it is my fault according to them and they will only give us ‘200 aud store credit’ for ‘goodwill’. Customer service was terrible and rude with us even with the manager involved as they wont believe us and they trust their drivers and delivery guys. I then realized I have CCTV installed inside and outside of my house which is in my favor. Then they saw it themselves that their delivery guys was lying and just making up stories. Amart replaced out mattress but the STRESS AND TIME they caused my family is nothing compared to that mattress price! They dont even offer us something to make us feel valuable to them as their customer. I have been customer of them for years but wont buy anything from Amart from these experience. What if I dont have a CCTV? then I only got a good will 200 store credit with Amart?Never again.

Geilston Bay

Shop Location: TAS, Moonah

First and last time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

After purchasing a small office desk the staff advised me they had none in stock but it should be arriving in about 3 weeks. After 2 weeks I got a phone call to say the delivery would be delayed by another 3-4 weeks! It's just a small flat pack desk, how hard can it be to ship interstate? This is 2018, not 1918. This is my first time purchasing from this store, and will definitely be my last. Terrible service.

Shop Location: VIC, Braybrook

Very, Very poor operationally.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

I placed an order on the Monday explicitly on the condition it would be delivered on the Thursday as I needed to transport the lounge into the country on Friday. When I had not been contacted by lunchtime Thursday I called them to be informed it was to be delivered in the afternoon run.
The driver called at 5:30pm to say they were busy and could he deliver it on the Friday and name the time, I said fine and 9:00am. He said he couldn't do that but he could by 12. I changed my plans and agreed.
The driver then called me at 10 to say he would be there by 12. He had not shown up by 12:30 so I called the store.
The driver then said he would be there by 'at the latest 3:30'. I called the store to cancel the order.
The store called me back at 1pm to say 'he was at my door'. I said fine - ok deliver it. He had not shown up by 1:30pm.
The store then acquiesced to my demand for a full and complete refund.

Just pathetic - I will never deal with them again.

Shop Location: SA, Melrose Park

Worst furniture shop

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Melrose store worst customer service will never go there again avoid. Difficult to deal with management! Bad experience and cold people

Prospect

Shop Location: SA, Gepps Cross

Shoddy customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I placed an online order to "click and collect" in-store for an oscar filing cabinet. We arrived a few days later in store to find the counter staff trying to locate the order on the system. This despite me having an order number and email confirmation. We waited around 20 mins whilst they messed around on the computer trying to rectify things. At no point did anyone attempt to apologise or pay us any attention. There was at least 3 members of staff sitting around chatting doing nothing.

Finally when all was said and done and we'd paid we were directed to the warehouse to wait yet another 10-15mins to wait for the item to be located and dropped at our car.

Amarts click and collect service is a joke and completely misses the point of what is supposed to be a time saving and convenient customer service option. I will not be using it again, overall i have been put off buying from Amart.

Shop Location: VIC, Hoppers Crossing

I bought a bed from them, WHAT A MISTAKE!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

> bed delivered WITHOUT BOLTS so UNABLE to 'assemble'
>call shop, am told "bolts will be sent in the mail" ... I get them 5 days later

>TRY to assemble bed, and Realize I've BEEN GIVEN THE WRONG PARTS and two 'legs' as MISSING!
.sigh ... call shop, they say they will replace on Saturday between 11;00am and 1pm
>WOKEN at 8:30am by AMART delivery driver WANTING TO "collect the bed" and replace it

HOWEVER (NOBODY mentioned this AND it would've been easier too carry it in 3 parts than 10!
> Delivery guys INSIST the bed MUST BE dismantled ergo; "we can't take it" (read: your bed's NOT getting fixed today)
>Monday, call shop and complain ... Amart staff LIED about their names and positions (Victoria has 3 "state3 managers", 2 male and one female -- Head Office in Qld TELLS me "that's NOT the case"

AGAIN I WAS LIED TO BY AMART STAFF and when I try to contact the head office to voice my concerns, I am given the complete run around AND 8 WEEKS LATER AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO RESOLVE IT

> The bed "collapsed" last week and I WAS INJURED AS A RESULT OF AMART'S NASTY FURNITURE AND SERVICE!

So NOW I've had "Amart delivery "contractors" come over Yet DO NOthing (buy CHARGE THE CUSTOMER)

who isn't me,

it's the ST VINCENT DE PAUL "furniture dept" THEY ARE CHARGING

AND I'd bet CASH MONEY that there's some "funny business" going on here

AND IT'S TIME for St Vinny's to bring in the Forensic Accountants

AMART ARE AN INCOMPETENT BUNCH OF RETAILERS

but VERY COMPETENT CROOKS!

Tweed Heads

• 1 comment

Shop Location: NSW, Tweed Heads

Customer Service Second to none!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

We have recently made a number of purchases at this store. In each instance we have been very happy with the value - we do understand that you get what you pay for. Have dealt with a number of different staff and in every instance they have been exceptionally helpful. Recently, we purchased an outdoors setting which hadn't been delivered. Subsequently, that same setting went on special for $500 less. The staff at Amart Tweed Heads had no hesitation in adjusting our order by that amount. Excellent Customer Service!!! Thanks!

Verified Customer

Never again AMART

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

Items we ordered where not delivered as promise by the the store. We ask first the availability they said it is available and in stock. After a week when we follow up they said its not available due to beyond there control happen to there supplier. We are not happy customer this is our first time to buy our goods at AMART but I think this will be the last.

Penrith

Verified Customer Shop Location: NSW, Penrith

No Service, Crap Products

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2018

Purchased a Dining Suite, chair leg loose after 2 months. In the process of claiming warranty and sent email as requested but no reply after a week and store is too busy to help when I call.

Melbourne

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Springvale

Groundhog Day part 2: store credit for all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

So we purchased a bed from here and after a few months it broke, still under warranty I emailed and got store credit. Service was ok and they were pretty good about it. We decided to use the credit to get a chest of drawers for my sons room.

Funny how the sales people run up to you like you’re a long lost family member as soon as you walk in. Can’t wait to help you, then you hit them with “yeah I got some store credit” and before you can finish they realise no commission coming their way their attitude changes and they pretty much leave you to fend for yourself.

But I digress, we picked up a nice looking piece of furniture take it home all excited as this will look simply amazing in my sons bedroom. Open the box, struggling to contain my excitement and start building. But wait what’s happened, oh they forgot to drill the holes for the it to actually be made. I laughed, my wife laughed then the kids all joined in, I mean it’s like an Adam Sandler film (post becoming friends with Kevin James and totally ruining his career and it’s totally depressing watching what his become) so I call up and explain what the situation is and how I used store credit due to one thing totally stuffing up to get something else that is unable to be built. Then the young lady on the other end of the phone returns serve with “well you could just drill the holes” I’m thinking you’re right, you’re 100% right how dare I call up and complain that your manufacturing department/quality control completely dropped the ball in drilling a hole and I, with no machines or carpentry experience, should just drill a hole. But I reluctantly declined and requested a professional come in drill the hole and build the drawers. After waiting two days he came and did his job and we all lived happily ever after. But then a shock twist 3 months later it falls apart, I swear you couldn’t make this stuff up! The piece of furniture purchased using store credit due to a previous piece of furniture breaking has now broken. Maybe my house is hunted by ghosts who dislike Amart furniture and destroy it while we sleep at night. So I called my old make Peter Venkman and asked him. He was busy stopping the keymaster of gozer but said I’m crazy there’s no ghosts in my house Amarts furniture is cheaply made and in some cases not even completely made and breaks down.
I then email back and explain our heartbreaking story and now once again have store credit. You’d think we’d get an apology and even a “hey you’ve purchased a bunch of stuff that obviously keeps breaking so instead of making you continue this lovely circle dance and forcing you to purchase another one of our products we’ll just give you a full refund” but alas no we are stuck with another store credit to the lemon store.

In summary if you enjoy being warmly greeted by people clearly only after the commission, furniture that looks like an Instagram model ( great looking, great lighting and use of filter but when you take her home you realise it’s not as great as it seemed and totally messed up) and always breaking and your two favourite words in the whole entire world are store credit then totally shop and Amart, if want quality lasting furniture I would highly recommend somewhere else. Maybe start someplace higher up you know like the reject shop.

Bayswater

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Shop Location: VIC, Nunawading

You get what you pay for

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Cheap prices for up to date designs. Quality of the furniture is good but the service inside the showroom is not great. Customer pick up area is run well and it was hassle free picking up the products.

Caboolture

Shop Location: QLD, Morayfield

Bonded leather lounge ready for the dump

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

We called super a mart approx a year ago to inform them our lounge approx 2 years old at the time was flaking. Bonded leather. We were told they dont have 10 years warranty like real leather and they are notorious for flaking and that they no longer do the same bonded leather. It was too bad so sad for us. I have now been told to seek the ombudsman or fair trading. It's not fair to spend so much on a lounge and have thus happen.

Burpengary

Shop Location: QLD, Morayfield

No responsibility, no care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I bought a lounge, wasn’t given any instructions. When moving over 2 years later realised that the sofa mechanism had scratched my wooden floors. Contact Amart , apparently there were 4 feet to put on the lounge, here’s the grab they say if I had of put them on I would of realised that the other 4 feet were missing. Apparently all this is my fault, no replacement of a fault product, poor directions. The Diamond chaise lounge is complete rubbish, the front of sofa is collapsing, cushions don’t fit into recess as they should.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question

Shop Location: WA, Joondalup

Faulty item….rude customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

We bought two LOZ barstools from the Joondalup WA branch. We returned one as the fabric had come away from the seat and was given another in it's place. Upon opening the box this one was found to have also come away from the seat. I contacted Amart stating we no longer wanted either of them and would be returning both for a full refund. Upon returning them the young man that we dealt with was more than accommodating and we could not fault his customer service… he then had to show it to his Supervisor before processing our refund which is were the rude behaviour came into it. The Supervisor (Not Australian lady…didn't catch her name) was extremely rude and said 'that's just the way they are'. When I told her we had a perfectly good one in the other box and would she like me to show it to her she completely ignored me and continued to say 'that's just how they are'. This person needs a lesson in customer service as her attitude towards customers stinks. The young lad went on to give us a full refund.

Shop Location: QLD, Helensvale

Had a problem, promptly replaced and resolved, no difficulty, just great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

Had a problem with a leather lounge, sent through the issue to their customer service, out came the technician, took one look and said that shouldn't happen, the lounge was replaced promptly and without issue or resistance. Some of their furniture might be at the cheaper end of the budget, but the service is all top shelf. Can't speak highly enough of their after sales service.

Shop Location: WA, Cockburn

Products and Service -wonderful!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

I’m a repeat purchaser from Amart for three reasons. Their range is wide and well priced (particularly when their sales are on), their service has been friendly and helpful, and post customer care was wonderful when I had an issue with a product (of all products bought it was only one I had an issue with). Thanks Amart! Would be nice to see a broader range of decor though :)

BRISBANE

Go somewhere else

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2018

Purchased from here before but won’t be back. When the item we were searching for was no longer in stock. However, they could advise you can go to Logan Central to collect. It can be transported but at our cost?!? At $100 delivery!

West Hoxton

Smash

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2018

Lucky no baby on the floor.

Casula - Cross Roads store
So upset with the product corner lounge 3 rips 1 broken headrest.
Left in an upright top heavy position on delivery resulting in it the lounge falling over smashing my 65' smart tv.
A mart offered me a $100.00 voucher.
Service welllllllll
Care (still waiting)
Very disappointing. This should have to be take care of in a serious way. Sound like a trend in customer service
I'm being nice about it and its not getting me nowhere.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 63 pages

Has anybody bought the Castle Leather three seater and two seater set?

kit asked on Oct 09, 2018

Answer this

Yes, it looks nice but I am having issues with sagging cushions in one of the couches already unfortunately. The store has been helpful so far in organising for someone to come and assess it so I will see what comes of it.

Has anyone purchased a floor stock item (lounge) and been told they cannot pick it up until they have something to fill it’s spot? So we have fully paid for it & now it is sitting there on the floor for everyone to sit/jump on & potentially get damaged? Working in retail myself this doesn’t seem right to me yet the staff will not acknowledge my questions

Haycap asked on Oct 06, 2018

Answer this

I have done the same and it is to be delivered tomorrow. I also work in retail and when I said I wanted to inspect it before paying in full they were horrified as if it never happens. I was told “ it’s safer on the floor than in our warehouse” I’m sorry but what type of warehouse do you have. Shall see what it’s like tomorrow. I will never buy there again.

Thanks for your reply. After speaking with their customer service online, the lady said it should be taken that same day so she contacted the regional manager and he told them to hand it over ASAP. I also will never again buy from them.
I work in retail as well selling baby furniture, and if something is purchased as floor stock it is either taken then and there or it is wrapped and stored out back safely until they can pick it up.
Amart is More concerned with an empty space on their floor then keeping their customers happy

Hi we bought a dining lounge package from Amart 3weeks ago with the dining table still to be delivered.We have just noticed that the sale this weekend has the same package $600 cheaper. Are we entitled to a refund since we paid a lot more only 3 weeks ago.

Ned asked on Sep 30, 2018

Answer this

Yes, you are. If the products haven’t been delivered, you can ask for the cheaper price available. Not sure if they’ll refund the remaining value or give you as credit.

See all 67 questions about Amart Furniture