Bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

I bought an iPhone outright on their website. First of all they didn't post it for a week, so i emailed them. Instead of responding, they then charged me a second time for the phone (I don't even know how they did it without my approval). After complaining about the second payment, thy responded by completely ignoring the fact that I'd be charged twice and simply let me know my phone would be shipped soon. After complaining multiple times the second payment was finally removed. It's now been 2 weeks and I just received another email to say that there is a delay with the shipping and they'll update me once they source a phone from another provider. I am now not going to have the phone before Christmas, and I most definitely would have waited until boxing day to purchase it if I knew it would take this long. Extremely disappointing service.

my invoice is a different amount to my bank direct debit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

I have been told that it must be the bank that made a mistake and deducted more than what was on the invoice.
How can this happen the bank receives a file with the information that the customer owes and the bank only processes it on their behalf.
I won't be an Amaysim customer for much longer

Worst service experienced and lack of knowledge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2017

Amaysim is a disgrace and not recommended. I’ve been trying to activate voice mail for 3 weeks. Constant calls, live chat and emails have resulted in no action and frustrating delays. Call staff have no idea how to resolve issues. I’m changing back to Telstra or Optus.

• 3 comments
Private message

Do not buy from Amaysim!! They take money but do not deliver!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I purchased a mobile handset - firstly it took several days for them to even process the payment. Now they have finally taken the money but they haven't shipped the phone even though they confirmed the model is in stock. Doesn't make sense! Very dodgy. I am pursuing through PayPal (thank goodness for PayPal!!).

Mobile Plan & Phone Purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I ordered a new phone from the shop on line - it was $200 cheaper than I could purchase anywhere else. It was easy to chat on line as I had a problem when I wanted to use a promo code. They guided me through the purchase. When I had not received any info on delivery I emailed and received a reply within 10 minutes. They explained it was coming from Hong Kong & they would provide a tecking number, which they did. I was able to follow the delivery of my new phone from the time it left to the day it was due to be delivered. I never expected it to arrive within days of ordering - it took just over 2 weeks. Worth the wait new Samsung S8 SEALED in the original box. Beautiful phone.
Have had $10 plan with them for 3 years and have never had a problem and have recommended them to a lot of people who have never had any problems.

Read if Considering a Direct Import Phone

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

I'm not normally one to publicly criticise a supplier, but I wish I had read this elsewhere!

When they advertise 'Direct Import', not only is the phone a global variant, but it also means they do not have them in stock in house. They rely on international suppliers to source these devices they simply operate as a middleman. My phone has been very delayed and Amaysim have been avoiding reasons as to why its delayed. I've had to call them several times to 'work out' what is happening with my order, and as the other comments have mentioned; their call centre is awful.

The complaints don't end there! They advertise 3-6 business days shipping, which is somewhat true, but it is hidden within the site some other factors impacting shipping. Very specifically, that the fulfillment time (order confirmation) is 3-6 more business days. This means that orders can take as long as 12 business days to arrive!

A disgrace, Cant believe its a listed company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2017

Ordered two phones directly off the website. After numerous attempts contacting the call centre to find out the status they finally shipped the phones (one month later). No one knew what was happening with the order. Then it was finally shipped. But wait only 1 phone turned up. Now they are accusing me of fraud. If they actually read the shipping info it says 1 piece and any muppet would be able to tell the weight of the package meant it couldn't be two phones that were shipped.

I have started a dispute with the bank now.

Avoid Avoid

Very Terrible Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Do not buy or even use amaysim, terrible service, customer service doesn't pick up phone. Even if they picked up your call by change they hang you phone. Totally waste of money. Not recommended.

Lousy customer service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Don't bother buying from them. They were once a great company to be with and its getting from worse to terrible. There's absolutely no customer support when you really need them after hours or for any urgent matters out of normal working hours Sydney time. Try contacting their customer service support and testing them out before committing yourselves.

Phone Purchase

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

I purchased a Sony phone online 2 days ago and the phone has already been shipped to the country. i feel that the area you live in and the date of the purchase (could have been busy) have a lot to do with the delivery progress

Ridiculous amount of time to get phone delivered

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

I purchased a phone on 30/11/2017, money came out straight away. Emailed them asking where it is on 5/12/2017. They replied 7/12/2017 saying order in fulfillment stage 3-6 days from 5/12/2017 (strangely that is the date i email them) then 2-5 working days to deliver. Never again. Thought i would go with them as i am on their network. My mistake as they were not cheapest and service is the worst i have seen. BEWARE!

Do Not Buy From Them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

Do not buy from them it has taken them 4 days to get back to me after i have placed the order now they tell me that they do not have my phone in stock.

Verified Customer

Don’t buy mobile phone from them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2017

Ordered and paid for the Huawei P9 lite on 6 Nov 2017. Sent them email on 15 Nov asking for my order. I was told 2 days later they suddenly ran out of stock. I chose the replace phone Huawei P9 that they offered and confirmed they have in their stock on 22 Nov. I paid the difference on 23 Nov after waiting for them to confirm the different amount that I had to pay. Nothing happen, I sent them the email again on 30 Nov, they told me they were trying to get Huawei P9 lite from the other suppliers. WHAT!!!! After few emails plus live chat, they sent me the email with the new order number for Huawei P9 (not lite). While I’m writing this email I still haven’t got the phone yet. No shipping email from them yet. Considering refunding now. No more Amaysim:(

Port Stephens, NSW

• 3 comments
  • 17 helpful votes

Amaysim is amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

For someone like me who just needs a mobile for phoning and text, their $10 pay as you go plan is very economical and great value for momey

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

nsw

• 2 comments

Awesome!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Totally satisfied Mobile phone service is faultless (Optus 4G network) Very happy with the price great value for money -10$ prepaid for month unlimited text and national calls and 1GB data which I can live with Porting from other carrier was seamless Highly recommended

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Ridiculous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2017

Internet outages for hours and hours, unable to make phone calls, terrible customer service. It’s got it all. Very disappointing

Perth

• 2 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Lack of Store Feedback / Updates

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Purchased a phone from the Amaysim store. I have a phone plan from them which is decent and the store looked good especially with the mention of a 2 year warranty. Ordered an item, assuming it was in stock, based on the fact that there were also sold out items which you couldn't buy. Been waiting a whole week (Fri to Fri) and nothing has happened. Not really acceptable in 2017. Will be trying to cancel my order and look elsewhere. Based on reviews below, this may be an ordeal as well...

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update: I cancelled my order via online chat - which was quick and painless and got my refund yesterday.

Sydney

• 1 review
Private message

You've been warned people, stay away from Amaysim!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

Bought a mobile phone on 7/11/17. Yes, Amaysim sells phone and tablet. It said it will take 2-7 business days. I live chatted them a week later, asking for an update. Was told that I should be getting it in a few days. Another week went by and still nothing, called so many times since and was told that they no longer have the stock. I agreed to exchange my order to slightly different model. And yet as of today, the order still hasn't been dispatched. It's been 3 weeks and a bit and still no progress. Warehouse is overseas and it will take another 2-7 business days for shipping once my order arrive in their warehouse in Australia. Would have been nice if someone called and advised that they don't have the stock ASAP. Stay away from Amaysim!! You're better off ordering from someone else like Kogan where they have far better technology with stock control as well as a better managed Customer Service team. You've been warned people! Stay away from Amaycrap!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not even 1star worst ever!!!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2017

Impossible to use this plan
Worst ever ...change plan automatically and can't go back
Worst worst worst it's terrible terrible

melbourne

• 1 review

worst service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

After handing over my money and waiting for the delivery (1 Business day)
it never came - 6 days later - and it take an hour on the phone/computer/mobile to get to speak to anybody and then -she cant help me she wants me to go into my account to change some item on security. They took my money no problem - but when it came to delivering what was promised - different story -
worst part is the attempt at making as hard as possible to talk to them
moving all my services now.

1 of 59 pages