Review rating:

Appalling customer service and crooked fence

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

The two guys who run this company, [name removed] and [name removed], were constantly passing the buck to each other. They're professional fraudsters and you should NOT go anywhere near them. Our fence had a number of splits in it within w weeks of installation, and they promised to send someone to replace the split palings - all lies - they never had any intention. Stay away!!

Disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Old fence still remains eight weeks after, customer service is non existent, does not return emails and calls. Owner keeps requesting additional money to go back and complete job. Do yourself a favour and go with someone else, ANYONE else.

Appalling

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

This business is fraudulent and and attempts to charge extra variations without consent and without good reason. Customer Service is a joke. I am reporting them to authorities.

Terrible communication. Would not recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

First they didn't have our quote twice when I tried to book the job. Then when the date arrived the materials arrived late and with no one to install the fence. No communication from the tradie until an apology text msg arrived at 8:30pm after I called the office in the afternoon. The next morning they were to start work again and turned up to tell me they couldn't go ahead due to a tree that was be included in the fence and (originally quoted for) needed to be removed and left without trying to provide a solution or resolve the problem. After multiple phone calls to the boss and person involved. I was faced with paying extra cash in hand to the tradie for a job that should have been quoted for in the first place and the job being 5 days late (the fence had already been removed). The tradie was rude on the phone and in person without providing any explanation or compensation. We decided to not go ahead with company, cancelled the job and I will not be recommending them in the future.

Really bad fence

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2017

Do not use this company fence is not straight and no cement was used in the posts, contractor had no idea about fencing. Would not recommend to anyone..

Love love love my new fence and gates!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Earlier this year my husband and I realised that our rickety wooden fence finally bite the dust - holes, cracks and missing panels. We decided to get a completely new timber slat fence with two gates (one gate for the front yard and one for the backyard) and we contacted Amazing Fencing to do the job. The contractor who came to assess the yard and later install the new fence was super friendly and quick. Overall the new fence and matching gates turned out exactly how we envisioned them and we would definitely recommend them to others.

Private message

TOTAL lack of service & rude

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

After requesting a quote & waiting the 'within five business days for a response', I called again & was tersely told off, that it was only the 5th business day (at 4.50pm). I said 'fine' - please follow up. Five 'business' days later still no response. Clearly they don't need the 'business' but why advertise for it? Have now used another far more professional company who responded within one hour of leaving a message. I see others have made the same complaint. New receptionist needed for this company!

Brisbane

NO Service At ALL !!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

Just no service at all - did not check their review prior to requesting an online quote - after 2 weeks of no reply at all in any form - maybe we were lucky based on the negative reviews.

If they cannot get a call back right - what sort of fence would they have built??

A+++++

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

We recently contracted Amazing Fences and cannot recommend them highly enough. They were prompt with their quote and everything ran very smoothly. Andy, the subcontractor is the best tradesperson that we have ever encountered. He was highly skilled, cared about his work and went above and beyond to ensure the job was structurally perfect and visually perfect. We would not hesitate to recommend Andy and the company.

Robyn & Rick East Brisbane

Totally unprofessional amazing app

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Stay away from these people. The fence is an appalling mess. Shoddy workmanship, poor quality UNDERSIZED TIMBER, rude obnoxious tradesman who could not communicate properly in English, tipped buckets of cement and water into my garden, damaged my property and refused to fix it. The quote was not done by the person who built the fence which is not a good idea. Generally most unhelpful.

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

Great Job. I had my timber fence installed in Pymble and couldn't be happier. Chris the fencer was very professional and courteous and really did a wonderful job.

Dodgy installation.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Take a deposit from you then they take weeks to start the job substandard, hit a Telstracable didn't tell anyone, we asked them to come and have a look and they didn't want to come out and see the dodgy work.

Private message

Quality, Professional, Reliable? No way!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

QPR FENCING of Ballarat, now there's a name you should all remember. Please don't get them to fence a section where there is a neighbour who could influence them, coz that's when the tail really starts to wag the dog. Our situation; Quote agreed on by both parties, Fence down, neighbour announces then he wants a retaining wall underneath to lift the height of the fence overall, I was told I would have to pay because I was on the "low side" of the land, never mind that the neighbour was the one building up his land! QPR then went into total lockstep with the neighbour and seeing an opportunity for more work, provided quotes for up to in excess of $3,000. I refused.
I ended up with no fence. QPR were either too gutless to hold the neighbour to the original quote, or they were caught in the scam. 10 months registered as a business, need a lot more time in the twos.

Private message

Not helpful when I asked for a quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

Office: Amazing Fencing in Oak Park. Called for a quote: waiting time was two weeks: the operator was open and up-front about this: no gripes there. The problem was the contractor himself: When the contractor did contact me after two weeks, he did not show-up at the agreed time, then several weeks later I found a quote (for the wrong fence-line) stuffed into the letterbox, with no consultation. A polite call to the contractor advising him of his error and requesting another visit to measure the correct fence produced no response. My advice: avoid this company.

• 4 helpful votes

Amazingly slow and rude

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

Requested a quote for boundary fences, didn't hear from them until 3 months later. When I told them the fence has been done by a different company, they literally replied:" why ask me to send quote then, a complete waste of time". However, looking at other reviews, I feel I'm not alone.

Private message

Worst business I have dealt with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Firstly they took a deposit in April. Heard nothing for months. Finally, I asked for my money back if they didn't do the job and took them another 2 weeks to do the job. Finished at the end of June. Then I got another request for more money the following week after the job was complete and paid for as per quote. No discussion at the time of building. No phone call. I rang for explanation and they said they have found extra concrete. Then now in 6 months later my gate is broken. Woeful!! Won't fix it. Wish I had read these reviews first.

Private message

The worst service I have ever received

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

Poor workmanship, complete lack of responsiveness to customers and a rude attitude that simply says, "I don't give a crap". This was also from the owner! Never use this company in Melbourne either! One star only because the review system made me.

Amazing crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

Never use this company in Sydney they are unprofessional. Posts are barley put in the ground
200mm if lucky. They have no idea and the owner is arrogant and rude. Plus they walk away from jobs already started when they realize they have under quoted due to their inexperience
I might add they have been doing it for 25 years
So you can just imagine how bad those fences are. Absolute rubbish company and you are asking for trouble by using them

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Blackmailed at the halfway mark.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

Amazing Fencing contractors are in Yalata south of Brisbane and we got them in to install 1.8 colourbond fence and supply only for the back fence. We were charged $85 for a jack hammer and $75 for 3 holes up front, well it turned out he never used it as we did not need to put the gate posts into the ground, so I rang [name removed] the quote person and he told us we would get a refund as it was not used. Now my partner said she wanted the post in the ground so I told them to do it but he did everything to talk us out of it and we said ok we'll get the refund. This is where it gets interesting and said no if you say anything I'll charge you $25 dollars per post hole as there were rocks and he had to use a crowbar. As we were desperate to get the fence finished (kids) we agreed to pay. They did a good job with the fence but being blackmailed is not ethical and very bad practice, as for the back fence we had to keep ringing for them to deliver it as it did not come with the side fence and yes a different story every time we rang. So if you look for integrity and honesty in contractors look elsewhere. Update, upon close inspection the fence is terrible every panel is crimped on the edges the gate has the colour scratched off at the top and most of the posts are lightly scratched. So another update they have agreed to replace all the colourbond panels. Update, the fence has been replaced and couldn't be happier, a different fencer came out and said he didn't like the way it was done and though it took him twice as long to replace he did a fantastic job. Now he explained that if a crowbar is used they can charge $25 per hole as policy and I could except that, if the first fencer had explained it better maybe there would have been no animosity, so maybe he gave us a break instead. After the neighbour wreaked quite a bit of the fence I rang the management to get it REPAIRED, Jason came and did a quote then we received a text saying that management said they don't do repairs??? But they can supply materials, so, I asked for a quote on materials no response, a few days later asked again, no response. Why would you do business with someone that can't even respond to your request. My suggestion, go elsewhere.