Northbridge

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Good job

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2018

I recently had a second lap and cap fencing job done by Amazing Fencing. I got them back second time because happy with first job. This time around there were a few communication problems at the start but in fairness they did work hard to fix those and the end result was a well built and great looking new fence. I was particularly impressed with the follow up service and attention of the guy that came to measure and quote. Thanks Amazing Fencing.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

stay away from this people

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

bad quality, never smooth transaction, builder guy can't speak English, very slow.
took so long to reply to a question, fence is not straight.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Appalling service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

Do not use this company. They also trade under Sydney Timber Fencing http://www.sydney-timber-fencing.com.au/. I spent weeks trying to organise a quote with different stories given as to why they weren't coming. Eventually the guy turned up to quote in the evening and needed a torch to see what he was doing. He then sent through an incorrect quote (quoting for demolishing a fence, not a wall). It took me a week of unreturned emails and calls to finally speak to someone who said that they don't demolish walls. They wasted weeks of my life that I will never get back.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Lots of problems with our fence and the company is doing everything to avoid making repairs.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Ours is a lap and cap fence. There are some gaps between the boards so its not completely lap at all. The contract called for galvanised nails to be used throughout and the nails used were not galvanised and some of the nails were too long and protruded past the fence. Some have been cut off and others are still protruding and are potentially dangerous. These nails will eventually rust and the fence will start to fall apart. There are many instances where there are splits in the timber where they have nailed too close to the edge of the timber and in several places where they were suppose to use 2 nails at each location, only 1 nail was used with the timber starting to twist. Several of the boards are already twisting and bowing as the timber is young and has not been seasoned and there are insufficient nails particularly at the bottom of the fence.

The work was done in October and we have given the company to date 20 Feb 2018, every opportunity to rectify the issues and although they have made many promises to do so, nothing has happened. We intend taking this issue to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) and if there is any movement on this issue beforehand I will repost to this site.

February 24th 2018 Update: Follow up review from review from Feb 22 2018 - showing that reviews are a good first step to rectify

I posted this and also a further review on their website. It did the trick in having my fence repaired and very quickly too. I therefore urge others who have not had their complaints addressed to do the same. A contract fencer spent 1.5 days making good all the problems. It's not brilliant but it is acceptable and hopefully will give us many years service. Unfortunately it seems that the fencing business is akin to someone at the top of the pile collecting all the monies and paying poorly qualified tradesmen a pitance whereby the workimen are doing jobs for numerous companies with no-one wanting to take any responsibility. If you have the time allow weeks to get in sufficient quotes and accept with caution!!!

Really smooth process.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

I had a colorbond fence put in and I am very happy with how it turned out. I would recommend to others.

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Well built, Bad quality pailings

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

The installer of the fence, [name removed], did a great job building it. However a fair few of the pailings were bowed and had chips out of them. Not impressed with that at all. They should check them before sending them out to prevent this. Amazing fencings needs to pick up their game if they want to better their reputation, because there's a lot of bad reviews on here.

Private message

Appalling customer service and crooked fence

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

The two guys who run this company, [name removed] and [name removed], were constantly passing the buck to each other. They're professional fraudsters and you should NOT go anywhere near them. Our fence had a number of splits in it within w weeks of installation, and they promised to send someone to replace the split palings - all lies - they never had any intention. Stay away!!

Disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2017

Old fence still remains eight weeks after, customer service is non existent, does not return emails and calls. Owner keeps requesting additional money to go back and complete job. Do yourself a favour and go with someone else, ANYONE else.

Appalling

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

This business is fraudulent and and attempts to charge extra variations without consent and without good reason. Customer Service is a joke. I am reporting them to authorities.

Terrible communication. Would not recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

First they didn't have our quote twice when I tried to book the job. Then when the date arrived the materials arrived late and with no one to install the fence. No communication from the tradie until an apology text msg arrived at 8:30pm after I called the office in the afternoon. The next morning they were to start work again and turned up to tell me they couldn't go ahead due to a tree that was be included in the fence and (originally quoted for) needed to be removed and left without trying to provide a solution or resolve the problem. After multiple phone calls to the boss and person involved. I was faced with paying extra cash in hand to the tradie for a job that should have been quoted for in the first place and the job being 5 days late (the fence had already been removed). The tradie was rude on the phone and in person without providing any explanation or compensation. We decided to not go ahead with company, cancelled the job and I will not be recommending them in the future.

• 6 helpful votes

Really bad fence

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2017

Do not use this company fence is not straight and no cement was used in the posts, contractor had no idea about fencing. Would not recommend to anyone..

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Love love love my new fence and gates!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Earlier this year my husband and I realised that our rickety wooden fence finally bite the dust - holes, cracks and missing panels. We decided to get a completely new timber slat fence with two gates (one gate for the front yard and one for the backyard) and we contacted Amazing Fencing to do the job. The contractor who came to assess the yard and later install the new fence was super friendly and quick. Overall the new fence and matching gates turned out exactly how we envisioned them and we would definitely recommend them to others.

Private message

TOTAL lack of service & rude

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

After requesting a quote & waiting the 'within five business days for a response', I called again & was tersely told off, that it was only the 5th business day (at 4.50pm). I said 'fine' - please follow up. Five 'business' days later still no response. Clearly they don't need the 'business' but why advertise for it? Have now used another far more professional company who responded within one hour of leaving a message. I see others have made the same complaint. New receptionist needed for this company!

Brisbane

NO Service At ALL !!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

Just no service at all - did not check their review prior to requesting an online quote - after 2 weeks of no reply at all in any form - maybe we were lucky based on the negative reviews.

If they cannot get a call back right - what sort of fence would they have built??

A+++++

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

We recently contracted Amazing Fences and cannot recommend them highly enough. They were prompt with their quote and everything ran very smoothly. Andy, the subcontractor is the best tradesperson that we have ever encountered. He was highly skilled, cared about his work and went above and beyond to ensure the job was structurally perfect and visually perfect. We would not hesitate to recommend Andy and the company.

Robyn & Rick East Brisbane

Totally unprofessional amazing app

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Stay away from these people. The fence is an appalling mess. Shoddy workmanship, poor quality UNDERSIZED TIMBER, rude obnoxious tradesman who could not communicate properly in English, tipped buckets of cement and water into my garden, damaged my property and refused to fix it. The quote was not done by the person who built the fence which is not a good idea. Generally most unhelpful.

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

Great Job. I had my timber fence installed in Pymble and couldn't be happier. Chris the fencer was very professional and courteous and really did a wonderful job.

Dodgy installation.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Take a deposit from you then they take weeks to start the job substandard, hit a Telstracable didn't tell anyone, we asked them to come and have a look and they didn't want to come out and see the dodgy work.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Quality, Professional, Reliable? No way!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

QPR FENCING of Ballarat, now there's a name you should all remember. Please don't get them to fence a section where there is a neighbour who could influence them, coz that's when the tail really starts to wag the dog. Our situation; Quote agreed on by both parties, Fence down, neighbour announces then he wants a retaining wall underneath to lift the height of the fence overall, I was told I would have to pay because I was on the "low side" of the land, never mind that the neighbour was the one building up his land! QPR then went into total lockstep with the neighbour and seeing an opportunity for more work, provided quotes for up to in excess of $3,000. I refused.
I ended up with no fence. QPR were either too gutless to hold the neighbour to the original quote, or they were caught in the scam. 10 months registered as a business, need a lot more time in the twos.

Private message

Not helpful when I asked for a quote

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

Office: Amazing Fencing in Oak Park. Called for a quote: waiting time was two weeks: the operator was open and up-front about this: no gripes there. The problem was the contractor himself: When the contractor did contact me after two weeks, he did not show-up at the agreed time, then several weeks later I found a quote (for the wrong fence-line) stuffed into the letterbox, with no consultation. A polite call to the contractor advising him of his error and requesting another visit to measure the correct fence produced no response. My advice: avoid this company.

1 of 2 pages