Crap delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

"Guaranteed delivery" by Friday. Not a word. Then finally an email on Saturday, you will have it by 8pm... When your whole business model depends on efficient delivery, expecting people to adopt Amazon Prime for quick delivery, the least you can do is get the delivery right. The whole order process I was bombarded with "guaranteed delivery by Friday with Amazon Prime". So furious. I get one day is not a big deal but I needed it for Saturday and simply wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't going to be here, would have sourced it somewhere else. Again, when something is your core business, get it right!!

Amazon australia pricing crazy $13,000 for a pack of coat hangers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Go to www.amazon.com.au type into search box any item you might like, say in this case "coat hangers" and the sort by "Price high to low" RHS near top of page. Check out the results - what a joke. Try another "turtle" Papier-Mache Turtle $12,500. In fact try typing anything in search box and sort by "Price high to low" judge for yourself. Amazon cant even maintain a sensible website.

Brisbane

Shipping time from US to AU pretty quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

I ended up buying two Kipling bags one from Amazon Au and one from Amazon US. However both were to shipped from the USA. I was very disappointed with searching and pre-ordering processes on the websites, specifically from US one as it doesn’t show until the end that item can’t be posted to AU. However if the same item is available on AU website it can be posted but there is quite a price difference even though I have US website set to convert the amount to AU$. Anyways my Kipling bags that were ordered on Black Friday arrived today; almost a week earlier than ETA. I am quite happy and pleased with the bags and shipping times for sure.

Severe logistical problems

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Despite Amazon prime, I'm now having to drive to the depot to pick up my Amazon ordered product, because Amazon failed to coordinate delivery. Furthermore the tracking has disappeared and indactes I have not made an order. Customer service promised to contact the courier to arrange for delivery that was never attempted (despite receiving an email from Amazon that delivery failed) however having just spoken to the courier they have no record of such. Terrible service and I'm having to pick up my order myself. Too many loopholes, not sags or confident to order from Amazon again. I hope the product itself is better than the service.

Clayton

Verified Customer

Service is so good and I think you should definitely try it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

On last black friday,. I have bought so many items and most of them arrived on Monday.. Then due to some issue with a postal service they were unable to deliver my ps4, on Tuesday when I contacted them. They were willing to send me another one and made it priority shipping and gave me a 10$ coupon as well. Also the price was what I paid on black friday deals price. Also i returned some ps4 games because I found them cheaper elsewhere and they were happy to refund me for those as well. So I think you should definitely try them. Also don't forget to use cashrewards to save some more money.

Perth

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Wish amazon australia never happened...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Most of the items i would buy from the US were here within a week or so and cheapet, but after the launch of amazon australia looks like i can hardly buy anything now from the US. Getting forced to use AU one and the stuff on there either isnt there or is treble the price.

mrelhourne

• 7 answers

overly priced

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2018

Checked Amazon Japan for Asics Gel-Kayano 24. priced at 9000yen =AU$90( or less with exchange rate). when I checked same shoes in Amazon Australia is $219.64. so there is price difference of almost $130!!. If I bought 10 pairs of shoes, then $1300 difference. I might as well go to Japan for holiday. No wonder Amazon CEO is rich, but not with my money though....Amazon Australia is VERY VERY EXPENSIVE.

BNE, Queensland

• 14 comments
  • 37 answers
  • 85 helpful votes

Unfair Exchange

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

Set out to buy Xmas presents using Amazon for the first time...
Here an item for purchase on; amazon.com [USA] = $13.50 + Shipping $6.99 = $20.49. Website says they “Deliver to Australia” until you sign up and get to the checkout too discover - NOT!

Same item using; amazon.com.au [AUS] = $53.72 Free Delivery. What Type o' Fairy-dust are they thinking?
This does not equate fairly to currency exchange rates!? [$20.49USD = $27.9021AUD approx. to date 5/12/18]

[+]
[-] Unaffordable

WA, WA

• 12 helpful votes

Aussie Scam Tax - Thanks Amazon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Introducing the AUSSIE TAX - Amazon Australia simply forces the AU market to buy form the .com.au website and in doing so ensures everyone pays a higher price to fund their AU branch setup.

It should be illegal. But again big corporations do what they want.

Today the same item from the same vendor, was $1100AUD (after conversion) from Amazon.com - went to Amazon.com.au and it was $1400.

Private message

Lost my item and will not refund

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

So my order was supposed to arrive on 22 Nov but it is now 30 Nov. They said the parcel was lost in transit and will refund my order during the initial contact. But they did not update me on the progress for 5 days. Money down the drain. Would not deal with them ever again! Do not recommend!

Perth

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
Private message

AMAZON.com blocks you before you can do a negative review! Buyers beware! Petsafe Houndabout Dog Str

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

AMAZON.com (US site) blocks you before you can do a negative review! Buyers beware! Petsafe Houndabout Dog Stroller
I paid $600AUD on a Petsafe Houndabout Dog Stroller 3 years ago which I bought from Amazon.com. I bought it because it had a lifetime warranty on parts. I used the pram doing basic daily walks and two weeks ago one of the parts connecting the front wheel arm to the pram just exploded. I contacted Amazon, only to be told that I had to contact the manufacturer, Petsafe. I contacted Petsafe head office in US only to have my contact sent to Australia (where I live) and was then told because we do not sell those strollers in Australia, I have to pursue warranty from Amazon. I went back to Amazon & they wont help. I went back to Petsafe & they wont help. The lifetime warranty is obviously a lie. I tried to do a review on Amazon to warn other international buyers about my experience & AMAZON.COM blocked me from doing a review because it was going to be negative. BUYERS BEWARE as Amazon reviews do not represent the truth from customers who had experienced problems. I will be pursuing this with the US equivalent of our Australian Ombudsman as this is extremely poor customer service by both Petsafe.com & Amazon.com.

Amazone Prime Service is terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Buy televisions 55” on amazone, used Amazone Prime Service, expecting item arrived 2 business days service but item never arrived on time. They setting up date and time item arrive but item never arrived without confirmation. Just terrible waiting all day with nothing.

Used To Be Good But Now You Can't Order Anything Good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

I used to buy a few things from the Amazon US site as I loved the prices and the service I would receive as my packages would arrive in good time, but since the Australian version of Amazon started the whole thing has become an impossible joke. I tried to order something simple from the Amazon site and it turns out that the product was only located in the US but ok I'm still happy to buy it, however when I went into the checkout it wouldn't let me ship it to Australia! I then tried to order some shampoos and conditioners which mind you I had ordered before (again these products aren't available in Aus) but this time the prices had increased dramatically. I was now going to be charged $30AU per bottle + shipping whereas previously I would only pay $12-$15AU per bottle + shipping. I then went to iherb and managed to pay $10 per bottle and received free shipping!

As online customers we have become used to being able to find what we want for a good price and we expect it to be delivered in an acceptable time frame. I don't understand why Amazon has gone down this new path of making it so difficult for Australian customers to purchase products from the US. I would have thought them starting up an Australian operation would have made things easier for us to access the products we want to buy but in fact all they have done is restrict us. There are so many other options out there so all you have done is pushed your customers to other sites. If it was all due to the fact the Aus Government decided to introduce the GST to all overseas purchases well then that's just stupid as all you have to do is apply it at the checkout like you would shipping. Wake up to yourselves Amazon as you are missing out on a lot of potential revenue from this country!

Launceston

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

The Amazon store is a breeze to navigate and is has a great range of products. The product I purchased was new and of good quality.

Coffs Harbour

• 6 helpful votes

Amazon Australia Hopeless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

First time user, ordered a book. After 3 weeks and the expected delivery time was missed, I followed up. The chat representative was not helpful. They indicated my credit card was declined as the credit had pasted its expiry, so added a current card and the order was accepted and then they pre authorised my new card for their premium membership service. The card is fine, so I ordered from Dymocks for same price. Amazon did not even attempted to reorder to check if they card was a issue, they continually told me to check with my bank. I would recommend to use Dymocks for books, eBay, Kogan or local retailers as they are far more efficient than Amazon. I would wait a couple of years before retrying Amazon in Australia until they can fix their customer service delivery and processes.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Amazon cant be trusted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Hi,
I bought a food processor from amazon a few months back,
Amazon shipped it fast. However price went down after a few weeks on amazon. I asked the customer care to price match but the said I have to send it back and buy a new one. Not worth the hassle but I wouldnt have expected amazon to ask that.
So i posted the line on amazon in the product review of the product. However the review was rejected. I was shocked. Having used amazon in other countries I thought it was little bit trustworthy. I should be allowed to say my experience especially However they didnt. After this experience I dont think Amazon or its product reviews can be trusted especially by me.
Just my 2 cents

Better then Ebay

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

When Amazon originally dropped in Australia I could confess I wasn't a big fan. Overpriced and low in stock. A few months later and looking for Christmas presents I've fallen in love with the site. I was so use to Ebay and it's terrible service such as poor packaging that left the product damaged or waiting for a package that was being shipped from around the corner for months. Amazon cares with its packaging. The product usually coming in a box and the item being wrapped in protective material. Amazon Prime is awesome. I of course started off with the trial and with free delivery of products in Australia it's been incredibly cheap and I would receive the item 2-3 days later.

The site is still growing and it'll eventually start to match the US but in comparison think of how far Netflix Australia has developed.

Price comparison re- 2nd hand book

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

I found the book (paperback) required easily on both US and Oz sites.

The US had several pages of candidates ranging from US$5 through $US50+ / per item or so. There were 17 new and abt 150 2nd hand.

Oz had 3 items - 2 new - 1 not new (yet undefined) - at AU$70 /item - free delivery. The US site claimed on front page to ship to Australia. Yet when I got to US checkout was refused delivery as I expected. The range of product in Oz was limited with no 2nd hand options.

OZ Amazon has some catching up to do ....I would have paid say AU$20 for a fair condition 2nd hand copy.

melbourne

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Australian's are ignored as they can't work out the GST

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2018

I get emails from Amazon, some how their Algorithms have worked out I've been looking at something. You get almost all the way through the sale and then they say, Sorry we won't deliver to Australia. Amazon learn some manners

Private message

A simple order became a nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2018

Tried to purchase some hardware. First order went through without a problem.
Then got email stating send the information below to our secure fax line at +6567220329:
-- A copy of your statement for your Visa ending in XX.
Who has a fax machine these days and what right has amazon has insist seeing my bank statement. After numerous calls the phone operators (1800 571 894)could not resolve the problem. First and last time I am using amazon.com.au

1 of 20 pages