Victoria

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Expensive and hard to find filters

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2017

I inherited a spring system from a friend who at the time didn't tell me how much the replacement filters were and to my surprise they are over $300. Seems to work ok and function as a filter itself but I'm not sure if i would actually buy it if i was looking for a filter system. I ended up replacing the unit with something different.

Kippa-Ring

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Unreliable, expensive to run

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2016

Has amazingly bright blue LEDs on it that waste power and illuminate your whole kitchen in the dark. Oh and you can't turn it off, otherwise it'll continuously tell you the $380 filter requires replacement. When you contact the Amway "customer service" team this is apparently a "feature". The spring loaded tap fitting broke within a few weeks of installation. Just simply not good enough for a $1300 item you pay $380 a year to run filters through.

Excellent quality water, but questionable mechanics

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

I simply cannot question the ability of this unit to produce quality purified water; the smell, clarity and taste of the water is markedly different from a glass of unfiltered water. To the extent that we cannot drink water straight from the tap any longer.

I do, however, have issues with the mechanics of the unit. In particular, the 'automatic' shut off system. Because we didn't purchase the dedicated tap (an extra expense we couldn't justify given the cost of the unit itself), our system is run through the kitchen tap. The flow of filtered
water is activated manually and should, according to the manufacturer, cause the automatic shut off to self-retract once the flow of filtered water stops.

We have found this not to be the case. The automatic functionality is faulty on our unit, and also anecdotally on the units of friends and acquaintances too. Very disappointing given the cost of the unit.

Whilst a dedicated tap would alleviate the issue, it is marketed as an 'optional extra' and adds even more cost to an already significant investment.

My opinion - Amway either needs to include the dedicated tap as an essential part of the package, or else invest some time & effort into rectifying what I consider to be a faulty 'automatic' shut off.

• 2 comments
  • 13 answers
  • 23 helpful votes

Miracle Marvel Water Filter

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2016

At first I thought this expensive luxury water filter was just an expensive advertisement junkpile, but after several years of using it since 2009 I think it was back then I bought it, almost like buying a BMW luxury sports car equivalent, I have to say that this marvellous invention in the long run would save you a lot of medical bills in doctor visits, seeing that I am relying on healthy foods besides clean bacteria-free tapwater to keep me fit and healthy in my middle age, and also besides walking exercise to burn off sugar calories excess w eight baggage. When it comes to fruit juice, always dilute it with filtered water to avoid instant fast fat gain. When it comes to cooking like boiling potatoes or boiling water for a cup of cocoa, always use filtered tapwater. Sometimes I wonder if health is greater than wealth, and that being in homeless-like survival mode with a casual part-time job while living with my parents' rental home - has greatly strengthened my focus on being safety-conscious and health-conscious intelligently as an Amway member.

Citrus Springs, FL

Private message

I would pay $400 per year for this quality of water.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

I've been using an espring water purifier, continually, since 1969. My first one sat on the counter. Now, every time that I move, I take it with me. Well, not really. I left the filter in my Florida when I moved to NY. Then, I bought a new one when I began traveling in a motor home. I'm now selling the mh after 5 years and installing it in my new home. FYI, YouTube has a great video on how to install/uninstall one. Knock on wood...never ever had a leak. Water is very alkaline. I still love it!

Gold Coast

Love our e-Spring!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2016

My family and I live in an old house and just had my home water tested as morning water is tainted orange. Well the results came back and is positive for metals and am not impressed. However, have been using Amway water filter for 3 years now and had a sample of the water filter tested too. What can I say, but am so ecstatic that the Amway water filter sample came back perfectly clean and healthy. It removes 99.9% of all the unsafe nasties. It's really refreshing and tastes great too!

Espring and the previous unit also

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2015

We have used e spring in our home for about 4 years and prior to that the earlier model. The colour of the filter when needed in replacement which is based on litres through the unit not date wise is always brown so good to know our bodies are not ingesting that. Still way cheaper than bottled water and know what you are getting

Port Macquarie

• 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Awesome filter

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2014

When we first arrived to Sydney Australia, a friend of us lent us a eSpring water filter for 2 months, then she took it waway... and right after she took it away my whole family felt ill with different symptoms. As a result of this experience, we bought a filter which has been a great blessing for the last 4 years. I do agree that the replacement filter might be a bit expensive but when we do the maths on how much water we get out of the life of a filter, then we realize all the savings. You can buy 10 litres of "spring water" for $3.80 at Aldi so for a family of 5 we would spend about $1300 a year, so we save about a thousand a year in water, plus we know that we are getting excellent water.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 8 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Mixed feelings, great filter, but you pay for it!

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2014

We have had an Amway eSpring water filter for about three years now. The water quality I believe is first class, no complaints.
I do have a problem with the below sink tap unit though. It cost a ridiculous amount of money $230 for what is essentially a plastic tap with 3 plastic hoses on it. The unit worked well for 12 months bit then began to leak around the crimped metal seals on the tunes and cannot be fixed. Not Happy.
The other issue is the cost of the filter, almost $300 annually for the filter replacement I think is a bit steep.
Good filter but the ongoing costs are too much. I wouldn't buy it again.

+ Compact, looks good.

- Cheap tap unit, expensive ongoing annual costs.

Korokoro, Lower Hutt

• 9 comments
  • 46 helpful votes
Private message

I have started drinking water again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2013

+ Clean and Hydrating Water.

- Takes up a bit of bench space in a small kitchen.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Hi, when I was researching and comparing filters, I looked at the Amway eSpring and compared to what's out there, I didn't think it was any good, it was too expensive and I didn't want to join Amwa... read more »

The carbon filter is extremely tiny, 300 times smaller than the width of your hair, plus the unit has UV light to zap all unwanted toxins. My husband hated to drink water before, but now is drinking the e-spring water more than ever. Great product.

Its the number 1 selling filter in the world. what information did you get that said it was no good? Also you dont need to join the business to get the product, even though its worth your while to... read more »

• 8 helpful votes

Excellent filter

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2012

We have used this filter for more than 7 years now and it is still excellent. It is worth every cent. We were sold on the ultraviolet filter, its ability to filter out most of the smallets particles...while still ensuring vitamins and minerals in the water were still present in the water. The alert for when the filters need to be replaced is excellent. We have used it everyday for more than seven years and it is still excellent. Would highly recommend.

+ UVlight filter was a big plus.

Comments

The best on the market..... agreed. Its small easy to install. The water tastes great while keeping the good stuff like fluoride and calcium in it. The guy above said dead water???? hmm dunno what he means by that but anyway

I have an espring unit that still had plenty of cartridge life regarding the blue lights but suddenly the "install cartridge" light comes on and the beep beeps and the flow light, lights up when water flows. Have removed original cartridge and reinstalled same. "install cartridge" still lights up. What could be the problem? Thanks Brad. applesbtqk@mweb.co.za

tichie63 asked on Apr 17, 2017

Answer this

Ours had that problem because I was turning it off at night because of it's horrible blue light. We were told by Amway that you shouldn't turn it off ever. The problem eventually resolved itself but I'm not sure why. Just one day it went back to normal mode. Very poor performance for such a premium price product.

I haven't had any electronic problems with the Espring benchtop device but it is recommended to have a power surge board if you own more kitchen appliances attached, like the toaster and microwave oven although both high wattage they are never operated at the same time. I do switch it off before bedtime and switch it on next morning before breakfast each day and had no problems since buying Espring some years ago, only because the kitchen is an open area next to the lounge with home theater TV system and luxury double-bedlike 2seat sofa where I sit relax or sleep

Which model would be better for above counter unit or below? Try to get one but not sure which one. Thanks

vlee asked on Sep 21, 2016

Answer this

Both are good, I have both. Use the below sink at home and had to install it. The above sink does is easier to install as it fits onto tap, but takes up bench space. Us the above sink at my business (I own) so I can move it should we move. Only issue maybe does not fit onto your style of tap.

when replaced the new water filter there still having peeping sound when water is filtering.what's going wrong?

max choi asked on May 31, 2016

Answer this

Hi Max... Am not really sure why this happened. My suggestion is that u first switch off appliance then remove the top cover and new cartridge and start again. Make sure everything is aligned, tightened and replace cover properly. Switch on plug and hopefully it will stop beeping. Let me know how it goes.

See all 6 questions about Amway eSpring