Verified Customer

Glad we took the bad ratings with a grain of salt! !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Chose to hire from Andys for 4 days before we saw all the bad reviews but decided to follow through regardless.Spoke to all the guys in bookings-stick with only Peter or Paul ! If you do you will avoid one of the other guys who has no PR skills & tries to be a wise guy.
Whilst the car I requested was not available, the replacement was fine, clean & in excellent condition.
Sue ( Hendra depot) is switched on, efficient and very helpfull - everything went very smooth.
Bottom line is I would hire from them again, and suspect, based on my experience some of the low reviews are suspect.

Verified Customer

All ran super smooth - no issues.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

Booking done online and then a phone call to run through details and finalize the booking. Info given at pick-up was succinct and understandable. Took the car for 2 days, then extended a further 3 days, without drama. The staff were very easy going (Logan office) and helpful - all went smooth and I would definitely hire a car from here again if required.

Verified Customer

Don’t bother with this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

I rented a car through Andy’s auto rentals, through a company called airport car rentals. You would think the name would insinuate the car actually been at the airport but no. The car was in Miami so I had to fill out paperwork and send back to the car company a week prior to the trip for them to take the car to the airport. I then found out the car still wasn’t at the airport but at a car park called reddy airport parking. The guy from Andy’s auto rentals said all I have to do is collect my bags after the flight, walk to the end of the airport terminal until I see a roundabout then, call a number on the confirmation email, a shuttle will pick me up and take me to reddy airport parking. A few days later I called again to confirm the number and that everything was going to be ok, given it was 10.30 at night I was arriving. I also said I have a baby and it will be quite hard to get all my bags, baby and pram without help and he said the guy from the shuttle will help me get everything in the mini bus. So I got to the airport, collected my bags and everything else, walked a few hundred metres to the end of the terminal called the number, no answer. I called another 10 times and nothing. I google the reddy airport parking to see if there was another number and there wasn’t but it said they don’t close till 11. It was 10.20 so I walked all the way down the other end of the airport to the taxi rank, got into a taxi and told them to take me to reddy airport parking. $15 later I get there and no one was there. I caught the taxi back to the airport another $15 ran inside to see if I could hire a car through another company but everyone had closed at 10.30. I called Andy’s auto rentals on the emergency number and explained the situation. The guy said he would call back in a few minutes. Meanwhile I’m the only person at the airport standing outside in the cold (because the airport had shut), with a heap of luggage and an overtired crying baby. He called back and said he got onto the shuttle guy who would be there in 5 minutes and in the morning he would refund me for the cab fare. So the guy from reddy carpark rentals called about 15 minutes later and told me he was at the car park. I said I’m not at the carpark I’m at the airport

Verified Customer

Poor service, feeling cheated & lied to

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

I suppose you get what you pay for. Andy's wasn't great to deal with right from the start. Any time I called the office (whether it was to enquire about availability, make payment or confirm our pick-up), if [name removed] answered the phone he sounded annoyed to be receiving a phone call. Customer service probably isn't a great industry for him.

When we picked up the car, we were verbally advised by staff that toll charges would be automatically deducted from my credit card and that it would cost 'about $4' each time a toll road was used. Staff did not advise that there was $3.30 extra for each day that a person uses a toll road so tolls ended up costing almost twice as much as I was advised. We returned the car free of rubbish and relatively clean. We were informed that there would be $50 cleaning fee because the car was 'dirtier than normally expected on 6 day rental', however no one told us that we had to vacuum the car before return or we would be charged extra. A couple of weeks after returning the car I was charged $100 for traffic infringements, although I did not authorise these charges to be taken from my card and was not informed before the charge was deducted. I emailed them on numerous occasions to file a formal complaint and often my emails were outright ignored. I often had to send a few emails before I would receive a response. Awful experience.

Stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

We book through aussie car rental website, On the website saying that car will be available at the airport, but when we arrived we had to call them and a shuttle van was sent for us. That is not so bad, on the day we meant to leave. The car will not start, call them saying that noone is available to assist us. we had our flight to catch so we took a taxi to the airport. They said they will pick up that car which is 5 min from their depot. Then I got a shock when I received my final bill which they charged me $100 pick fee , $98 late fee and $75 parking fine apparently I got while we couldn't start the car. I will never use them again

Verified Customer

Started off well and ended disappointingly

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2018

Booking site was average and the follow up to make sure we had a Vehicle was good. When we dropped the van in a day early they made no effort to compensate even part of the costs. We paid the full price for a day. Had i known they did this, i would never have used them. No responses from two emails about it.

Worst Rental Company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

Booked online in the morning, went to pick up the truck at 5pm to find no truck there, called only to be told that there was no truck available and that I should have received an email. Well no email received no courtesy phone call NOTHING!! So rude. Other rental companies were so helpful ringing around to find a truck at extremely last minute. Got one cheaper!! With no notice and great service!

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes

Very happy with service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Paid a little extra over the summer holidays but you would expect that and they were still cheaper than the larger rental companies.
Wayne and his team at the Hendra site did a fantastic job making me and my two small children feel like a valued customer.
Highly recommended and can't fault my experience.
Keep up the good work.

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

Booked a ute only to get there at noon and be told they're all gone and then get talked into hiring a different and more expensive vehicle for a one day BUT I'll have to have it back to them by 7.30am the next morning...that's not even a full days hire. They were unwilling to budge on the hireage price. They were awful to deal with from the get go. Wouldn't acknowledge my presence! Still waiting for my $300 bond pre-auth on my Visa to be released too and this is 11 days later!

Sydney

Verified Customer

Very unpleasant experience, totally unprofessional

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

I booked a luxury convertible through Expedia and took the unlimited KM option, when I went to take the car I was told there is a KM200 limit per day. I then showed the representative the Expedia booking and he very reluctantly agreed to give me the KM200 free per day but said there is a KM250 restriction on where I can go with the car and then asked where I will be going with the car in a very Rude and arrogant way, never have I been asked where am I going with the car, further more I was over charged an Admin fee which once I contacted Expedia they immediately reimbursed me for and apologised for there Vendors unprofessional conduct.

Qld

• 2 helpful votes

Just another bad experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2017

So we decided to use Andy's auto to hire a truck to help move into our new home, nice web site very clear easy to use, proceed with booking, no problems at a competitive price-well... so we thought
Then we received a call later that day to be told we could not have our requested booking times. explained to the guy, we booked the truck to pick up Friday afternoon and drop off Saturday afternoon only to be told the pick up and drop off times are from morning to morning, advised we don't want to keep the truck overnight again the guy said there is no other option. reminded the staff member that we booked using YOUR online booking schedule.
Not fully understanding as it's THEIR booking system we were using, questioned the staff member how come YOUR booking system does not apply for my booking ?? The guy was unable to Clearly explain why so dribbled some excuses that did not make sense. at this stage the staff member was becoming short and blunt
Still needing the truck we decided to change our plans and go with the morning to morning drop off
Then when confirming the price it was $100 more than what was confirmed on THEIR web site....again questioned why the difference? Again dribbled out some excuses how it's a Saturday and these trucks are high demand dribble dribble .....
Advised that's fine if that's the case most online bookings make that adjustment to prices, the staff member not understanding our frustration
said we charge more because we can, supply and demand you know!

At the end of the day we cancelled the booking and booked at the original quoted price with a competitor across the road, I gave two stars because of their easy to use web site but that doesn't really do much

Very disappointing, not recommended

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2017

I had requested a specific truck ,booked it one week in advance they told me yes will make sure you get it just to make me book, wen I showed up to pick up was a totally different story, they turned around and keep saying we cant guaranteed a specific truck, however they gave me the truck with the expectation to bring it back clean and with a full tank, car was a mess inside the previous people who hired the care had pets and you not allowed to by they standard policy, when I complained about it the excuse was they only have 10 min to turn around the truck.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Easy to access and do business with

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

No real dramas. Gave them a call because I needed a ute in a hurry next day to go to the dump and move some stuff. Went around, brand new ute, guy takes photos and does the standard swipe of the credit card. Take the ute back full of fuel and quick wipe over of the dash and floor. Out comes the lady ticks it all off and on my merry way

Private message

Have some leniency and compassion!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

I will NEVER use your company again. I could not recommend you to one single person on good faith. We borrowed our truck at 3.30pm on Thursday afternoon. We're informed it needed to be returned by 7.30am the next day. Completed a 4broom move overnight. No sleep. Went to return the truck when my dog was hit by a car. I have evidence (vet bills) to prove this, and this has cost me hundreds alone.. i contacted your company and said i could return it by 10 am but was told regardless that i would be required to pay an additional $158 for an extra day. I spent the whole night up moving so i didn't require extra costs and couldn't even have a little compassion from your company. I have previously used other hire companies and found them very understanding of life mishaps. Will never use your company again. EVER.

Gold Coast

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Booking was easy. Don't do it!
My customer service experience was appalling.
Without getting into a long story this is the mini version.
I received a faulty key which broke on the second day of hire.
The company claims it was my fault (in handbag entire time of 1.5 days LOL)
So of course no refund of hire and they are being kind not to charge me the 300 excess.
Had to get an Uber home that night and back to them the next day to return the key with no apology just blaming me for breaking what was a faulty key. Avoid at all costs !
Will never use gain or recommend this company.

Great service recieved

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

I was skeptical about these guys after seeing these reviews but was left with no choice after not being able to get the car I wanted with anyone else to cart around a but load of BMX's.

I was pleasantly surprised though after dealing with them and have no dramas throwing 5 stars their way for my experience. They arranged after hours collection of the car and were open on a public holiday when I returned it. There were no hassles, extra fees or any crap at all it was just a surprisingly smooth process and I recommend them to anyone as an alternative to the bigger companies.

"Questioning an honest blokes word"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2017

"Questioning an honest blokes word"
Quick recap of my experience at Hendra AARs.

Called up Monday morning, [name removed] answered the phone and sorted it all out professionally and respectfully. - very happy
Came to pick it up with my father, I presume it was the same guy [name removed] that went through all the instructions and protocols - awesome! He took photos of everything - very reassuring! The truck was fine, 88kms and no problems.

Then continued the strenuous process of moving houses. - still no dramas, excellent.

Proceed to Nudge fuel station to fill truck up full and clean the truck out as to return it how we got it - check.

Got back to Andys auto rentals at Hendra after an exhausting day moving.
**this is where it snowballs downhill for them**
The employee, her name escapes me, proceeded to tell us that the fuels not full. Fair statement. My father, proceeds to tell them that it was filled right to the brim. The employee without hesitation denies this. Well, yeah ok fair statement.
I patiently just let her, the employee, know that we just paid $138.00 for the truck + deposit of $100, did well under the 200kms per day of free kms, cleaned it completely and had it back on time before the agreement after filling it up at the service station and then I proceeded to ask her, "why would we cheap you out of a little fuel, $5 or so?"
A question that was answered with, "it's 10 litres under full". My father then mention he filled it up until the fuel trigger stopped, and then a little more (as he does in his 4wd) until a little Diesel sported out.

Then a lady with two cute kids by her side behind us proceeds to tell my father and I, filling a car is like filling a beer. I wish I had it on video! An obvious affiliation with the company, an owner perhaps with the audacity she possessed to make that comment.
This is where patients runs thin. My father and myself, honest customers, are treated like dirt.
My father was tired, exhausted and didn't have time for these little games and payed the $2.50/Disiel.
If we had the time to take a video and record their complete and utter incompetence in destroying their company name... as had happened recently with Thrifity (same situation however he took them to a fuel station to prove his case) but who has the time? They knew this. After a long day we are not gonna backtrack down to the servo to spill more fuel out of the truck.

It's not the cash that bothers myself, it's the principle.
Would I tell fair trading QLD? No, as there is no prove on my behalf. My review on this site and others is enough. An honest word spread is more then adequate.
Perhaps a one off incident, the possibility is slim after reading the other reviews.

Cheers!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Definitely watch out for fuel scam!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2016

We used a total of $15 in fuel as we were on a barge for most of the trip, gauge showed not quite full when we collected van, which was duly noted on paper, we topped it up on way back and it wouldn't show as full on fuel gauge, but they've billed us $10 anyway, absolutely disgusted, and they weren't even open on time at 7am on a Sunday, couldn't be bothered to open gates until almost 7.30, very rude staff member, it's not the money, but the principle of the matter, we would never recommend this company at Loganholme, or use them again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2016

Had a big move on requiring a lot of planning due to having to arrange travel over to Macleay Island The guys at Andy's, Logan were so flexible and helpful by working in with my needs. Sue was great taking Me through what to expect and the man who I did not get a name in the office sat down with Me and went through step by step of what to do and expect. Well done guys. Will be back.
yours Neil Rogers

Private message

Waited at Hendra office for 1.5 HOURS!! WAYNE'S response was 'don't role your eyes at my missy'

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2016

We went to hire a ute and got to Andy's at 9am. I signed two forms and paid the $80 for four hour rental, then the internet went down. We still had one form to sign and could not leave. AFTER 1.5 HOURS OF WAITING, I asked [Name Removed] who worked there if there were any forms anywhere in the office that he had printed off. That's when [Name Removed] lashed out. He said 'don't role your eyes at me missy' and did not apologise for making us wait 1.5 hours on a big day of work. Couldn't believe how rude he was!!!

1 of 2 pages