Product not suitable and terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2018

I purchased the aluminium pet door after speaking with a sales representative, who said it would work in a sliding glass door if I removed the internal tunnel, which could be snapped off. But even with this done, it absolutely does not work. Not only have I lost the money I spent on the dog door, but I also lost the money that I spent on getting the new glass cut and fitted! About $500 out of pocket all up. Not impressed! Further, management refused to offer me any compensation or even a partial refund for this because I had snapped the internal tunnel part off - even though they were the ones that directed me to do this!! Terrible, terrible, terrible.

• 3 helpful votes

8 weeks and still not installed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

My order was placed Early February 2018, the sales assistant was very pleasant and my door arrived on 28th Feb. I was told it may take a week for the installer to contact me. At 27th March 2018 I have still not heard. I've sent 7 emails requesting follow up (so I have it in writing), the last one requested a refund. Today I called to request my refund and I was given the run around. If I want to return the door, it needs to be at my expense. The request for refund on the $500 installation needs to go to finance department, no I can't talk to anyone in finance. When I pointed out that she was able to process my payment over the phone, I was told it's their policy. I have requested the arrangement in writing and intend to take it to ACCC or Ombudsman.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Awesome outdoor cat enclosure

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

Easy to assemble after watching the online video, light weight and secure. Got it on sale which was even better

The pet door is a great help to enabling my dogs to go in and out of the house. It is very easy to i

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2018

Very easy to install. The online and phone help was readily available. Did not require any special tools to install.

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Quality product. Easy to instal and very secure in one panel unlike cheaper versions of doggy doors. Choice of colours are limited - but at least they don't just do silver only!

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Great product, our puppy immediately worked it out.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

Was really pleased with the experience in purchasing the Animalistic patio pet door. When it arrived I was impressed with the quality and we were able to install it in our 2.57m door frame. I spoke with a service representative before purchasing and she helped me in working out that I needed 4 extensions for that size opening. When we got it, however, the book said a maximum size of 2.54m. After assembling I moved the extension pieces around so the last unit went above the extension piece and this then fit perfectly secure. Because of the solid construction it's reduced outside noise and stopped the weather from coming in, while now giving our puppy the freedom to come inside and go outside as she wishes.

the doggy door makes life easier .

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2018

the doggy door is great the dogs use it well ,it is well made and instructions make it easy to install. on the down side the range of colours is not in keeping with the colours available on sliding doors

should be perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2018

By the look it is perfect on the other hand the courier service refused to deliver to my address saying that the road was too rough I had to meet them up the road. I was not happy as delivery was included.

Oscar's Escape Hatch

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2018

We installed the doggy door system and with only a few tweaks it finally became the most appreciated piece of
'furniture' in our home. Sits perfectly into the sliding door frame and 'belongs there'. Very clever and we thank Animalistic for this product.

Singleton, New South Wales

Patio Pet Door Insert

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2018

This is a fantastic product, the dogs love it, we love it, safe and secure with the bolt. Our dogs are much happier now, they can come and go as they please. The installation was quick and easy, no cutting of glass or timber.

Love my Doggy Door

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

Great product which is ideal for my little dog to move freely in and out. I wish I had of gotten onto this product way earlier.

Does what it is supposed to do.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

Should have installed earlier. Dog loves to come and go as she pleases and really helped with the toilet training.

Best pet door evaN

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

I use it for my lab and jack r big and small dogs
Took a few times for them to get used to the magnet noise but they are using it easy now
Great secure strong and safe they love it and keeps the heat and cold out too

Quality Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

Fantastic idea for pet owners.Looks very classy and blends with the sliding door. mine didn't fit as it should. Not the sellers fault. My sliding door older model or different in WA. Do check with seller first otherwise an excellent producr.

Best doggy door

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2018

Best door can be installed in a rental or a forever home, can be uninstalled in moments and re-installed in the same amount of time. There’s a metal insert to block the door if you are going away. It was delivered really fast. It’s been a fantastic purchase

Perfect product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

Exactly what we needed to keep our house secure while allowing our setter dogs access. Loved not having a split midway that weakens the strength of the insert.

Cats have been reluctant

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

We have adopted two older cats and they are not fans of the weighed flap. We keep our cats in at night but I thought a good way to see if desperation would drive them to use the flap, I didn't use the slid last night. It worked, partially! He went out but wouldn't come back in. My son came home at 2am to a very angry cat wanting in the house. Its a work in progress. So my only suggesting would be for the cat flap to be made lighter.

Comments
Animalistic Official

Hi Janet

You can actually remove magnets from the flap to make it lighter for more timid animals. Please call us and we can instruct you on how to do this.

Kind Regards

Exactly what I wanted & needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

The design is lovely, it looks perfect in my sliding door and matched the colour scheme of my house. Not an eye sore at all. Very user friendly for installation, and if I've ever needed to take it out it's a quick job. I now feel better having a secure house and my dog can easily go in and out whenever she pleases.

Easy way to install dog door

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

We are renting for a year with our two dogs. We purchased a dog door which could be easily installed in a glass sliding door. It was quick to put in, easy for the dogs to use and we have had no problems with it over the last three months. Delivery was prompt.

This door has saved our sanity!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

We had trouble sleeping with our dog needing to go outside during the night. This pet door has been amazing and saved our sanity! Highly recommend!!

1 of 11 pages

Hi I'm wondering if the dog exit/entry dog access is able to be locked when we need him kept inside? Also my other concern is snakes coming in. Not so much a door issue but just wondered if you new. Thankyou.

Storm asked on Nov 29, 2015

Answer this

Hi Storm, Yes that flap can be locked with the steel locking plate included. Also we get asked a lot about snakes! To date we have never heard of this happening. Also the flaps use magnets to keep them closed so i don't think you will ever have an issue with this :)

Kind regards

Admin

Hi,very impressed by the review and just wondering if the large size door can allow greyhounds to get through? My dogs average shoulder height is around 70cm.

Yuanyuan Wang asked on Jun 16, 2015

Answer this

Hi Yuanyuan Wang, Yes the large size will be fine for a greyhound. We have over 400 reviews on our website which you can also read through. We don't really use this site for reviews much.

Kind regards