Verified Customer

HIGH QUALITY SALES AND SERVICE .... I THINK NOT !!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

NOT RECOMMENDED!! Purchased the cat door that they recommended and paid for installation. When the installer finally turned up a week later he was unable to install as recommended as it was causing damage to the existing door. He advised them that it was an incorrect door for that application and the company advised him to install it in reverse and fix it with self tapping screws. At the end of the day we were left with a damaged security door, no pet door just a cut out in my security door and damage to the fixed section of my sliding door. After several calls the company sent an email and offered a refund of installation only which would take 24 to 48 hours to process.Well that was 2 weeks ago. Keep in mind that this was no fault of the installer as he had a unsuitable product to work with and was under instruction of the company do as as they advised.

Terrible unhelpful after sales service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2018

I purchased a temporary pet door a few years ago. The product is good quality, and I’ve been happy with it. However, the dissapointment with this company is the poor after sales customer support and service. A few years have passed so I needed to replace the plastic flap, as well as the sliding metal door. Firstly, they said they cannot supply the sliding metal door individually??? How is this possible? I live near the water, so a few years of metal corrosion, you need a replacement door. They said it only comes in a whole kit!! Secondly, the plastic flap, also had a piece of metal at the bottom which has corroded, so I thought best to replace this too. Well, after months and months of following them up after purchasing it, they finally send me one, and it’s the wrong size. I went to all the trouble of sending them the correct size, etc. Not only is it the wrong size, the drilled holes in there don’t match up with the plate that it needs to screw into. So, again I let them know, and after a few apologies, they say that they no longer have this size avail. So they need to make one up from scratch? This is a door you had in stock, and you don’t have a replacement flap?? Anyway,s, okay if you need to make one up....go ahead. Finally after months of chasing, I receive the window flap, and once again, incorrect size and drilled holes.....I decided to give up and requested a full refund. Months later, I had to continue follow up for this to be actioned. Eventually they refunded, the cost of the door only, not for the postage. So, for their lack of competence and poor customer service, I had to pay for the postage of two dodgy incorrect parts. Poor form Animalistic. I used to recommend these pet doors, but no longer....not if this is to type of after sales service you receive.

Great love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2018

We got in on sale love it easy to put in looks good the only thing the flap to strong for the cat we just took it out and just put the lock bit on when we don’t what them going out

Adelaide

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible Customer Service - Once they have your money they don't want to know you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2018

Purchased a panel to fit into my door. Was assured it would work and shown a video for installation. Purchased online. When it arrived it would not fit as I was instructed. I tried everything including getting tradesmen out but they couldn't fit it either. Asked for a refund which they would not give. Went to Fair Trading and they refused to work with them. Left with a door door I can't use. Now need to purchase something different (I would have been happy to exchange) and would have gone through them but they have been so rude, argumentative and unhelpful that I would rather spend twice the money and buy from someone other than them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

You will need to wait 3 to 4 weeks before a installer even comes out to install but this is when the fun starts. The installer tells you this is the wrong fittings for our door and calls head office and they tell him to install anyway. Big gaps either side of the door. We them call to let them know about the gaps and they blame us for not telling them the door has paneling. You would think this would be part of the questions asked when booking it in. They are not willing to fix it and want us to pay again for the repairs. This is not a company I would like to deal with ever again.

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

very happy with this product

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

If you are considering buying a pet door from a pet shop or hardware shop, DON'T. After replacing 3 flimsy, brittle, noisy flaps for my pet door, I gave up and bought one from this company. This one is sturdy, functional, well made,quiet, sleek and easy on the eye. Great product and good service. Super idea having the option of a temporary one, too, with lots of folks renting etc. Later I might get a cat and the door I bought will suit a cat as well as my dogs.

RSPCA Outdoor Cat Enclosure 2.4m Long Portable

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

The aluminium frame is very sturdy but if we wish to take it apart it is very difficult. Unfortunately the zip is buckling up so I have trouble trying to make sure they meet. The floating platform only joins on one corner so it doesn't sit correctly.

June 24th 2018 Update: RSPCA Outdoor Cat Enclosure 2.4m Long Portable

I would like to add to my previous review dated May 17th 2018. I received an email in response to the netting and Animalistic Pet Products sent me out a new one. Great customer service.

I still haven't receive the product and no further explanations since i called few weeks ago.

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

It would be nice if you can follow up info about the order. It took too long and no one tell me what's happening till I ask. After the call still no further response.

Be careful

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2018

My experience with this company has been disappointing to say the least. I ordered a dog door insert about four weeks ago and am still looking at another three or four weeks before getting the one I ordered. The problem started when I selected a medium black door and paid using PayPal and found after the transaction had gone through that a small, white one was sent! This is the default order on their website. I rang them to sort this out and their only solution was for me to pay the return freight on the wrong door and the freight again on the replacement. Thanks for nothing. It then took over two weeks for the wrong door to be picked up by the courier and now the wait for that one to get back to the factory before the correct one will be sent.
This company's pig headedness and refusal to accept any of the fault in this farce is disappointing and the follow up a joke.
So be careful with the online order or you will out of pocket as well
Hope the product is worth it.

Peace of mind while at work

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2018

I have a Greyhound who is in the house al day and needed access for him to the garden during the day the sliding door insert allows him to access both via the dog flap while I am work .its weather proof , secure and looks great so the perfect solution , highly recommend it

Blends in with the the sliding door looks great.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

Very helpful staff good customer service. I like how you let me know when my product has been sent and when it would be arriving.

Verified Customer

Great for my small senior dog

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

Missy is almost 16 years of age now and had never used a doggy door before installation of the patio product for sliding doors from Animalistic which was easy as to fit. She was using the door flap virtually from the start after minimal training now coming and going as she pleases. The company has a good range of pet accessories. The pet door structure is sturdy and secure and can be installed as temporary through to permanent using a range of easy to use brackets.

Cat cabana

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

My cat chewed through two nets in an extremely short period of time. In the end the company refused to refund me any money and told me (after two destroyed nets) that I should of sprayed the nets with anti cat chew spray because chewing is a mental condition. Don’t bother wasting your money on this horribly weak product.

Handy to have

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

Easy to assemble. Lightweight so I move it around the yard. My cat is still not sure bit he's getting better when I put him in it. He gets a bit frightened when the wind makes the cover and hammock flat around. All in all a good buy

Verified Customer

Good quality, great price and fast delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

I ordered some replacement parts (flap and security package) for a second hand unit I bought. They arrived very quickly, were very reasonably priced, great quality and now I have an almost brand new door at a fraction of the cost. Very impressed with the unit itself. Easy installation and solid. Just wish I had found out about this unit many years ago!

Seems to work okay...

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

The order didn't arrive on time but eventually it did get there... Not as easy to install the locking mechanism and other paraphernalia as it looks on video but with persistence we got there and it seems to work as intended :) ...

Finally a warm house in winter

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

Easy to install after watching the video, and now we can finally keep the house warm in winter and still allow the dogs access. Best purchase ever!

Perfect for rental housing

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

This cat door is perfect for our rental home. Easy to assemble and install, the weather seal is also doing great job now the weather is cooling down

Fantastic product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

The large door we purchased has given our pets so much independence, you can tell they're happier knowing they can come inside and go outside anytime they want. There's no more 'accidents' inside and no waking up all hours of the night to meowing/barking. The frame is structurally strong and looks fantastic in the door frame. The window is a really nice feature.
We also purchased a security set that gives you peace of mind and reverting was easy to install. If highly recommend this high quality product.

Just what I needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

I have a wall of glass sliding doors and this is perfect. Attached a extra set of locks so it clips into original door locks.

1 of 12 pages