Melbourne

Verified Customer

Absolutely Brilliant Pet door!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

This Pet door insert for Sliding Doors has been prefect for our rental; easy to install; both dogs using it without any troubles. it looks stylish, and we can take it with us to our new build home when we leave the short term rental. Instructions were easy to follow, and it is exactly as advertised. The online purchasing was easy, and delivery very efficient. Can thoroughly recommend this product.

Verified Customer

Not a bad door, shame about the company's misleading marketing and laziness.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

This is a not a bad door. It is let down by misleading and poor communication, laziness and lack of thought on behalf of the company selling it.

The installation video makes installation look easier than it is. It should be considered a misleading marketing video as much as an installation video.
- The video never shows that you need an electric screwdriver, you do.
- The video does not show that you need to install more screws in the pet door panel if you want to make the door secure.
- The video and instruction manual do not show that you have to screw the security screen adapter to the pet door panel to make adapter secure, you do.
- The video and instruction manual indicate that you screw the locks to the dog door panel before you install the security screen adapter. The reverse is the case.
- The video and instruction manual do not indicate that installation can be tricky because many sliding doors (such as mine) are a little different. It would be better if they told you that (after all - competing pet doors face the same problem) so you can allow more time to do the installation.
- They provide the minimum number of screws and bolts. I have to go to Bunnings and buy more. Even Ikea provides you with spare screws. For less than a dollar more they could include a few spare. It would sensible when you paying $250 plus for the door.

The company knows about the communication problems (see the other reviews) but hasn't bothered to improve its installation video or manual. For this laziness and disregard, I give them 1 star. As an another example of the laziness, there are simple misspellings in their instruction manual which could be easily fixed.

Comments
Animalistic Official

Hi Tony, Thank you for your feedback. Just a few points. The installation can be done in many different ways, some can be installed in 5 minutes some take longer. We even have installations that ... read more »

Mandurah

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Good concept but...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2017

I purchased the small door, adapter and bar lock. Which was on backorder for a month. I was offered a $100 wine gift card for the inconvenience of waiting. The voucher turned out to be a gimmick of having to spend at least $60-$70 to use the voucher, which is no gift card. I certainly couldn't afford that. The freight costs were very cheap. Installing the door was definitely not as easy as the video claims. I found it very difficult to align with both glass and flyscreen sliding door so there were no gaps for bugs to get in & my house is only 2 years old. Measuring and cutting the adaptor was very time consuming as I was scared i would cut it too short. It would be much easier if the adaptor was marked at 5 or 10mm intervals at each end. My rabbit has no problem with the door, although the flap isn't heavy my cats don't like the magnetic base that holds it closed (not sure if it's the weight, rigidity or noise when closing ). I have had to persevere with teaching them to use it, which is no easy feat training a cat to do anything. It would have been good if the magnetic bar could be unclipped to allow gradual training them to use. The flap can be held open by magnetic base being stuck (by the magnet ) to the top of the flap, but that defeats the purpose of having a pet door. To be honest, it's a great concept but I would just get pet door installed in the door if there was a next time and I am a renter. I think there are a few other modifications that could be done to the door to improve it but I have rambled on long enough.

Comments
Animalistic Official

Hi, Thank you for your review. Im sorry you misunderstood the voucher offer, it is a voucher not a gift card. In rental properties we normally recommend not to use the adapter as it does need insta... read more »

I didn't misunderstand. I was told via email that it was a gift card as well as by phone, for the inconvenience of having to wait so long for my pet door. There is no where on your website tha... read more »

Best Purchase Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Best purchase ever! My cat has never been so happy! Puts both of us at ease! Should of purchased years ago!

• 2 helpful votes

does the job

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Can take it with me if I move and leaves little trace of where it was fitted. Noisy and harder to slide door because of rubber seal but can't think of any alternative.

Melbourne

• 2 questions
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

I had an issue with my pet door and contacted Animalistic. The staff member was polite and helpful. It was incredibly easy to get the matter resolved and I would certainly buy from them again.
Their product is superb and much better quality than those ones that you get from the usual DIY warehouse.

*Oh, 1 suggestion Animalistic - change your courier company, they were the only hiccup in the whole process.

MELBOURNE

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Very functional.Our old dog likes it.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

We needed to put in a doggy door for our inside dwelling, elderly dog who was needing to go outside two to three times a night. We actually found the installation requirements confusing and therefore bought a screen door adapter that we didn't need and was too big and expensive to return. However we now have it installed with a patio bolt and it works perfectly. Our 13 year old dog quickly learnt how to use the door. He now comes and goes as he pleases and we all get a good nights sleep. Best thing we ever did.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Animalistic Official

Hi Linda Thanks for the review. You can return the adapter no problem at all. It only actually cubes out at 3kg so it should be around $10 - $15 to ship if you use a courier like e-go.com.au jump ... read more »

Great product!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Great product, however I have been told by specialists in these sliding doors that an intruder can easily break into my home through this dog door. Can't say that has made me feel safe. Awesome product for the dog though!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Animalistic Official

Hi Danielle, Our panels are designed for security and are highly secure. If you have a large size then yes a person can fit through it. But the "specialist is correct in some regards some brands a... read more »

Fremantle

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Doesn't meet any minimum standard.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Animalistic sold me a replacement part for my dog door (that was poor quality and rusted out) and charged me for next day delivery when the item wasn't in stock!

They even sent me a Toll Consignment note that the item was on its way....

Two weeks later I wasted an hour chasing up the item through Toll when Toll realised the item hadn't been sent.

Animalistic didn't even make an excuse other than to say the part was still out of stock.

Totally unacceptable by any measure.

melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Product good but definitely more difficult with installation than company advertises on their websit

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

OK product, responsive company to deal with but on the installation side it is more tricky than indicated by the company on their website. Firstly you need an electric screw driver to use the self tapping screws, secondly the screws provided did not fit my door handle and after some persuasion they sent some screws that had been shortened - solution still not seamless. The perspex flap did not reach both sides and although I did tell them it took a long time for them to replace this flap, as I had told them it was a few mm short and finally after measuring and many phone calls and sending images they sent a new perspex flap. The door closing aspect is not exactly perfect for the sliding door probably due to my sliding door sliding outside not inside. I do believe the product would work better for a door that slides inside the house and I dont think that this product is really suitable to use for outside sliding doors as there are gaps. I still have a dog door that my dog can use its just a bit breezy in winter and no doubt I will need to pay for a tradie to get the doggy dor insert lined up better to avoid the gaps and breeze so more money to spend on what is represented as an easy install with no installation required - not quite true. The company themselves are very keen to try and assist so cannot be faulted in that area.

Tuff stuff!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

The bionic range of dog toys are the the only toys my " bully" cant destroy!! Tho he has got a habit of losing them(?)... being the reason im back for more!!

Perfect Solution

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

The door was a perfect solution for my problem. It was relatively easy to install, and so far has worked a treat.

Verified Customer

Excellent Product made my life so much easier

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

We purchased a dog door, it fit in well in the sliding door frame and with a slight modification we were able to lock the screen and the glass door against it. Only problem we have had is the plastic flap did not withstand the activity of the dogs going in and out and it ripped off. We had to find our own solution for that problem. Still was worth the long wait for it to arrive. Delivery once it was available to be shipped was poor, lost a parcel and we had to have it reshipped.

Perfect, made my life so much easier. Thank you

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

My dogs now have the own door to come In and out as they please, it's great and the fact I can lock it when I like to

Awesome cat enclosure

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

The cat cabana enclosure is awesome and fraction the cost of others on the market my cats are safe and can be moved around the yard. Only thing is the zip gotta be extra gentle with it but apart from that it does the job. My cat doesn't like the hammock though. Will be definitely getting another cube for dustydawn

Very happy with the quality of the Pet Door

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

I have been very satisfied with the Animalistic Pet Door, installation was easy and the quality of the frame/door is top notch. A couple of minor niggles, the glue on the included seals was old and as a result unable to stick, I had to purchase new seals from Bunnings which worked fine. We did opt to take a unit which was blemished as the color we wanted was out of stock, so the glue issue may have been due to this particular unit being stored in the warehouse for too long, but overall this minor issue did not detract from the overall superior quality of the door frame so overall we are still very pleased and would recommend this pet door.

Great concept, however...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

Very impressed with the product for looks, installation etc. However, two of our moggies find the clicking noise when the lock changes too scary and they won't use the door. They also don't like the door sliding over their back. If we had them starting as kittens or having used any sort of pet door before, this would have worked just fine with a little training, as it has with our youngest.

Pet door, quick and easy solution.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

Moving to our new house, we did not have a solid back door in which to install a pet door, only sliding doors. After some easy research on the internet, we originally purchased one medium pet door insert, with the screen door adaptor and barlock.

Installation was quick and easy and pup took to it like she had been using it all her life. All our canine visitors have found it very easy.

Soon realised we needed another for the sliding door onto the deck - we worked out that our sheltie could actually use the smallest size - saving on space in the back exit. Again, quick delivery and easy installation.

Great company to deal with. Thank you.

Teribble product and terrible after service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

I am very disappointed in the cat enclosure I bought and the cats tore the netting. It was just lucky that my son was home and found them. I live on a busy road. The after sales was terrible even after I sent photos. They are not interested in helping.

Excellent product and price.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

Sure Flap products are well made and innovative. We have their microchip cat feeders and pet door. Both have worked flawlessly and provide us with easy management of our pets' feeding (we have one who eats everything in sight and one who nibbles through the day - so feeding them together had been a challenge) and the times they are allowed outside.

Animalistic had stock available at a very competitive price and shipped quickly. Would definitely order from them again.

1 of 8 pages